The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr installed as WBC super middleweight number 1 ranker challenger...

+16
Hammersmith harrier
ONETWOFOREVER
rapidringsroad
kingraf
bellchees
Seanusarrilius
Mayweathers cellmate
Mr Bounce
Soldier_Of_Fortune
3fingers
Rowley
Izzi
hazharrison
Boxtthis
catchweight
Gerry SA
20 posters

Go down

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr installed as WBC super middleweight number 1 ranker challenger... Empty Julio Cesar Chavez Jr installed as WBC super middleweight number 1 ranker challenger...

Post by Gerry SA Mon 27 Jan 2014, 11:39 pm

So in their infinite wisdom, the WBC has seen sense to make Julio Cesar Chavez Jr the mandatory for Sakio Bika's title...

I'm not sure how JCCjr can be made mandatory when he's never even fought at 168. Considering he missed the weight against Vera and the fight was eventually at LHW...

Chavez keeps getting backhanders from the WBC and it's getting ridiculous...

Esentially he's got to get past Vera and he'll be gifted the title against Bika...

And then, most probably, fed to Ward in a December unification. 

Joke all round...

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr installed as WBC super middleweight number 1 ranker challenger... Empty Re: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr installed as WBC super middleweight number 1 ranker challenger...

Post by catchweight Mon 27 Jan 2014, 11:48 pm

You could see that coming a million miles away.

So much for Hearn and Frochs chat on Chavez. Absolute balls of the highest degree. I hope they dont play poker with bluffs like that.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr installed as WBC super middleweight number 1 ranker challenger... Empty Re: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr installed as WBC super middleweight number 1 ranker challenger...

Post by Boxtthis Tue 28 Jan 2014, 11:05 am

Ridiculous.

But, I tell you what, Jr won't have an easy time with Bika. If he can't beat the weakest of the titleholders, he's really nowhere in this division.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 28 Jan 2014, 11:17 am

I strongly advise that people stop taking notice of the alphabets. It makes for a much simpler life.

Andre Ward is the champ. The rest are contenders.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Tue 28 Jan 2014, 11:19 am

Boxtthis wrote:Ridiculous.

But, I tell you what, Jr won't have an easy time with Bika. If he can't beat the weakest of the titleholders, he's really nowhere in this division.

Bika will have to knock him out cold and even then he's not guaranteed to get the nod.

Bika, the responsibility of ending the drug taking, cheating, bribing git is now in your hands. Don't hurt him though son, just give him a 12 round beating that he'll never mentally recover from and the boxing community will be forever in debt.

Sadly you won't get the decision on the cards though.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 28 Jan 2014, 11:32 am

Jose may have passed but it appears everything is business as usual with the WBC.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 11:34 am

I disagree, things have improved. Under Jose, Bika would have been stripped and Chavez Jr installed as "Champion Indefinitus"

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Tue 28 Jan 2014, 12:18 pm

I'm tempted to write a letter to the WBC threatening to burn their offices down.

Or just write a very strongly worded letter.

C'mon Bika, as average as you are and as ugly as your mrs is please find that one magical punch that no one thought you had and render Chavez a shaking mess afraid of the dark whenever he thinks of a boxing ring.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Tue 28 Jan 2014, 12:20 pm

I think its a good fight. I don't see the problem with him moving up and immediately fighting for a title, it's hardly a precedent.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Tue 28 Jan 2014, 12:27 pm

3fingers wrote:I think its a good fight. I don't see the problem with him moving up and immediately fighting for a title, it's hardly a precedent.

In theory he's moving down as he's a fat Kumquat who can't make 168.

That and he wasn't exactly top dog at 160 after getting embarrassed by Martinez save for a last round wobble.

The WBC have their schlongs so far up his bottom it's a joke.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 28 Jan 2014, 12:29 pm

Was this the last act of Jose before his death? Wouldnt surprise me

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 28 Jan 2014, 12:52 pm

I can see JCCJr winning this after Bika gets DQ'd. Just a hunch... Whistle

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Tue 28 Jan 2014, 12:56 pm

If you move up/down and are installed as mandatory and you win then the decision was justified.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Tue 28 Jan 2014, 1:02 pm

Can't wait for the Chazev v Bika scorecards.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 28 Jan 2014, 1:10 pm

This is a disgrace, but, Bika will beat the living sh*t out of Junior, so I am ok with it.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Tue 28 Jan 2014, 1:16 pm

Mayweathers cellmate wrote:Can't wait for the Chazev v Bika scorecards.

I don't think you need to wait as the WBC have already filled them in.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 28 Jan 2014, 1:29 pm

bellchees wrote:

thumbsup 

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Tue 28 Jan 2014, 2:18 pm

bellchees wrote:

And we have a unanimous decision... Judge DaBribe, Judge Meretirenow and Judge Bachhander all score the fight 120-108 for the newwww WBC champion of the world Julio Cesar Chavez Jr... Sadly he's unable to collect his belts as he's on his way to hospital after being KTFO, but hears hoping to a quick recovery to our new champ!

Surprised they didn't invoke a new rule after he had Martinez on a slight wobble in the 12th, like the FIA have done with the final race in F1, that meant he would've won the fight

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 28 Jan 2014, 2:21 pm

I'd imagine the WBC are thinking that if Jr doesn't win he might be able to run Bika close enough that the robbery doesn't seem too obvious.

Its crazy that one of the main organisations in this sport can be so blatantly corrupt. I suppose it happens in other sports. Fifa for example. Mind you, even they can't fix the scoring.

If Bika gets robbed in this one then I think we can all agree that the WBC are at it.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 28 Jan 2014, 2:23 pm

Izzi wrote:
bellchees wrote:

Surprised they didn't invoke a new rule after he had Martinez on a slight wobble in the 12th, like the FIA have done with the final race in F1, that meant he would've won the fight

I remember thinking at the time "The ref is gonna wave this off and Sergio is gonna get robbed"

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Tue 28 Jan 2014, 2:24 pm

Boxtthis wrote:
Izzi wrote:
bellchees wrote:

I remember thinking at the time "The ref is gonna wave this off and Sergio is gonna get robbed"

Ditto. Was waiting for another ref to jump in, knock the other one out, and wave the fight off. Such is my disillusionment with the WBC

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 28 Jan 2014, 3:04 pm

If only the fight had been over here. Chavez would have been home dry.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Tue 28 Jan 2014, 3:36 pm

catchweight wrote:If only the fight had been over here. Chavez would have been home dry.

Meow. Saucer and milk for catchweight!

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 28 Jan 2014, 4:30 pm

thing with Chavez is the kid has a rock solid chin, unless you embarrass him like Martinez, you are probably going to lose
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Tue 28 Jan 2014, 5:30 pm

kingraf wrote:thing with Chavez is the kid has a rock solid chin, unless you embarrass him like Martinez, you are probably going to lose

Shame we can't see how many times it would take GGG nailing him to see how long it took him to fall face first to the canvas.

And GGG would probably get DQd by the WBC due to punching him too hard too often.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Tue 28 Jan 2014, 8:13 pm

I don't suppose it's any different to De La Hoya having one fight at middle weight which he lost then fighting Hopkins for the title.As usual money talks.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 28 Jan 2014, 8:37 pm

What does this mean for Degale.

I thought he was fighting an elimination bout for the WBC?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:48 pm

rapidringsroad wrote:  I don't suppose it's any different to De La Hoya having one fight at middle weight which he lost then fighting Hopkins for the title.As usual money talks.

Die in hell for comparing DLH to Chavez Jr deserving a shot at a titlist!!!!!!!

One was a P4P superstar, one is a drug taking euro esque level chump who got totally and utterly Naz style embarrassed when he stepped up to elite level.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 28 Jan 2014, 11:07 pm

You can't complain about De La Hoya being compared to Chavez and then go on to compare him to Hamed, a genuinely world class great featherweight.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 28 Jan 2014, 11:23 pm

Hahahahaha hammer

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 29 Jan 2014, 7:19 am

The comment about ignoring alphabets is the way forward, Ward, Wlad, Martinez, Rigo are all champs. The rest are contenders.

As for Degale, he can't complain particularly, he needs up up his opponents, certainly no more worthy than Jnr.

Re Froch, well his torment just grows doesn't it. Painted into a corner for sure.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 31 Jan 2014, 12:16 am

Chavez isnt all bad news. Just ask Vera! the guy earns big money in a flagging sport. Although maybe sport isnt the right category. Makes me laugh when Ricky Hatton fans hate on Chavez.

We would be better off comparing boxing to the music industry than we would other sports. No better short cut to the top than being a second generation entertainer with the finances to support your ambition. Just ask Miley Cyrus or Lilly Allen.

Nothhing fair about Chavez Jnrs route to the top, but no need to take it so personal. The guy could have just sat at home getting fat, spending his families wealth. Instead he took up a dangerous sport, and created plenty of money for himself, his promoters, his opponents and the industry in general.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri 31 Jan 2014, 10:01 am

Lance wrote:Chavez isnt all bad news. Just ask Vera! the guy earns big money in a flagging sport. Although maybe sport isnt the right category. Makes me laugh when Ricky Hatton fans hate on Chavez.

We would be better off comparing boxing to the music industry than we would other sports. No better short cut to the top than being a second generation entertainer with the finances to support your ambition. Just ask Miley Cyrus or Lilly Allen.

Nothhing fair about Chavez Jnrs route to the top, but no need to take it so personal. The guy could have just sat at home getting fat, spending his families wealth. Instead he took up a dangerous sport, and created plenty of money for himself, his promoters, his opponents and the industry in general.
Only reason Chavez Jr interested promoters and industry was because of his name. 

His nickname, 'Son of a Legend' and 'The Legend Continues'. 

He's helped that he looks very similar to his father. 

Julio Cesar Chavez Snr has another son, Omar, he's never received the same treatment or luxuries his big brother.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 Jan 2014, 10:02 am

I don't know why there is so much dislike for Jr......If I was being favored by an alphabet body would I say up yours I shouldn't be in your list ??.....Nope !!

The quarrel is with the WBC not Julio...........

I see Enzo is getting a shot at a world title moan about that...........

Instead of picking on Khan or this guy.........At least Khan and Chavez can fight..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 31 Jan 2014, 10:24 am

Chavez is a spoilt brat who trains when he likes and weighs in at whatever he feels like (and then pays his way out of bother). Fans dislike him because he's the typical kid leeching off his parent's name. He's the Rob Kardashian of boxing.

As a fighter, well, he's exciting and has a huge following, which is more than can be said for some P4P types. Ward and Froch have been dying to land a match with him as he's PPV in the States.

Quite amazing how a guy that couldn't fight for toffee suddenly becomes an ogre at middlewight. Alex Ariza is one hell of a conditioner.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 Jan 2014, 10:45 am

Why should you mind him getting title shots and living off his father's name..

When Paychek and Galento got them.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 31 Jan 2014, 10:49 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why should you mind him getting title shots and living off his father's name..

When Paychek and Galento got them.......

I don't give a s%$£ personally. That's why people dislike him is all I said.

When you clean house like Louis, you're going to run out of worthy opposition (especially when you actually fight more than once a year).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 Jan 2014, 10:53 am

I'm not talking about personality........

I'm talking about the way you think people get gift shots and get handed favors as If it is a modern Boxing disease........It's always been the same..

You have a simmering resentment of modern boxers.........and It's irrational..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 31 Jan 2014, 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 31 Jan 2014, 10:57 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm not talking about personality........

I'm talking about the way you think people get gift shots and get handed favors as If it is a modern Boxing disease........It's always been the same..

You have a simmering resentment of modern boxers.........and It's irrational..

Only in your head. My gripe is with the organisation of modern boxing. I love fighters. That's the only reason I still watch.

And you don't know how I think. As stated, I claimed that's why Chavez is unpopular with fans.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 Jan 2014, 11:03 am

I don't get what's wrong with having help from your Father's name anyway.........You have to use what's best for you........

Lon Chaney jr..........Michael Douglas..........Marvis Frazier.........All had help........

Just as certain fighters had help from the Mafia back in the day...........New York was corrupt to it's core..........

But that's ok.........Because it was back then............

Don't mind reasoned arguments but I mean.............come on.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 31 Jan 2014, 11:05 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I don't get what's wrong with having help from your Father's name anyway.........You have to use what's best for you........

Lon Chaney jr..........Michael Douglas..........Marvis Frazier.........All had help........

Just as certain fighters had help from the Mafia back in the day...........New York was corrupt to it's core..........

But that's ok.........Because it was back then............

Don't mind reasoned arguments but I mean.............come on.

No-one's arguing with you. Are you hearing the voices again?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 Jan 2014, 11:07 am

I'm just making sure everyone knows you are a modern hating malcontent... Cool 

If they didn't already.. thumbsup 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 31 Jan 2014, 11:52 am

Chavez is a bum. He represents everything bad about boxing. Exploits the stupid weigh in rules to the max, gets gifts of decisions when he needs them, cheats with drugs with no consequences and basically has the WBC as his personal service. On top of that he is lazy and limited.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down