The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raw thread - will contain spoilers

+11
Dolphin Ziggler
NickisBHAFC
owen10ozzy
theundisputedY2D2
Kay Fabe
Samo
JamesLincs
King Latifah
The-Rizz
JoshSansom
hodge
15 posters

Go down

Raw thread - will contain spoilers Empty Raw thread - will contain spoilers

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 1:26 am

so its confirmed. Orton will defend his title inside the Elimination Chamber

main event of Raw is bryan/cena/seamus v Shield with the winning team getting spots in the chamber title match

good opening segment with Bryan confronting the Authority, questioning their 'best for business' booking

Back to top Go down

Raw thread - will contain spoilers Empty Re: Raw thread - will contain spoilers

Post by hodge Tue 28 Jan 2014, 1:30 am

Very good opening, question is who the other 2 are, I guess one would be Brock

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 1:36 am

brock and big show maybe?

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 28 Jan 2014, 3:23 am

Kofi!

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Rizz Tue 28 Jan 2014, 8:44 am

Elimination Chamber has potential to be a very good PPV.

I think Brock & Big Show will be added to the chamber match.

Also I'm guessing The Wyatt Family vs. The Shield, Batista vs. Del Rio, Punk vs. Kane

The-Rizz

Back to top Go down

Post by King Latifah Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:20 am

Nice to see Triple H on the wind up at the start last night
King Latifah
King Latifah

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 28 Jan 2014, 12:36 pm

just watched raw. i do miss bits at times, but i didnt see cm punk?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 28 Jan 2014, 1:25 pm

If that decision stands with the DQ ending:

Elimination Chamber potentially:

Orton Vs Sheamus Vs Cena Vs Bryan Vs Lesnar Vs Kofi/Big Show
CM Punk Vs Kane
The Shield Vs Wyatt Family
Del Rio Vs Batista

Decent 4 matches there, something involving Rhodes' and New Age Outlaws i'd guess.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 28 Jan 2014, 1:29 pm

JamesLincs wrote:just watched raw. i do miss bits at times, but i didnt see cm punk?

Punk and Kane werent featured on RAW at all. Could make the case that Punk was too injured after going through the table last night but no idea why Kane didnt come out and cut a promo or even have the altercation mentioned.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 28 Jan 2014, 1:49 pm

i really think we and the e ought to make the most of punk because i expect him to be gone by mania 31

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 28 Jan 2014, 2:38 pm

Why?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 28 Jan 2014, 2:41 pm

Presumably because if he doesn't sign an extension his contract expires this summer.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 28 Jan 2014, 2:50 pm

Punk is a wrestler, unlike a lot of other guys he doesn't seem to have any major interests outside of Wrestling, he's the most over face and has been since 2011, the fans love him, the WWE will give him what he wants when he wants it, Punk will be around for another 5 years easy in my opinion and even then he seems like the kinda guy who'll do commentary, want to book shows etc, I can't see him leaving the business anytime soon and not when he'll be able to negotiate the most lucrative deal of his life

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 28 Jan 2014, 3:14 pm

Best way to keep CM Punk around is to bring in a fresh batch of Divas OK

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 28 Jan 2014, 3:21 pm

Batista agrees with that

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 28 Jan 2014, 3:25 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:Punk is a wrestler, unlike a lot of other guys he doesn't seem to have any major interests outside of Wrestling,  he's the most over face and has been since 2011, the fans love him, the WWE will give him what he wants when he wants it, Punk will be around for another 5 years easy in my opinion and even then he seems like the kinda guy who'll do commentary,  want to book shows etc, I can't see him leaving the business anytime soon and not when he'll be able to negotiate the most lucrative deal of his life

Depends whether WWE would want to sign him to work after his retirement, personally think he'd be a brilliant commentator/booker after.

Depends if the reports are true but Punk has said for a while he's likely to retire earlier than people think. I reckon he's got 2/3 years minimum though. Depends if Punk makes a deal to make sure he gets the title or win the rumble etc.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 28 Jan 2014, 3:32 pm

hodge wrote:
Kay Fabe wrote:Punk is a wrestler, unlike a lot of other guys he doesn't seem to have any major interests outside of Wrestling,  he's the most over face and has been since 2011, the fans love him, the WWE will give him what he wants when he wants it, Punk will be around for another 5 years easy in my opinion and even then he seems like the kinda guy who'll do commentary,  want to book shows etc, I can't see him leaving the business anytime soon and not when he'll be able to negotiate the most lucrative deal of his life

Depends whether WWE would want to sign him to work after his retirement, personally think he'd be a brilliant commentator/booker after.

Depends if the reports are true but Punk has said for a while he's likely to retire earlier than people think. I reckon he's got 2/3 years minimum though. Depends if Punk makes a deal to make sure he gets the title or win the rumble etc.

I doubt Punk would be able to demand a deal like that, although in a roundabout way I could see WWE offering it to him as an enticement.

WWE: "What will it take to sign a new contract?"

Punk: "I wanna win next year's Rumble and win the title in the main event of Wrestlemania 31"

WWE: "No chance in hell you ungrateful sonofabitch!"

Punk: "Okay I'm leaving"

WWE: "WHOA! Now hold on there mister! How about..... give us a second here..... we could......okay..... okay we got it: How about you win next year's Royal Rumble and headline Wrestlemania 31 in the title match?"

Punk: "Deal"

WWE: "Excellent!..........Sucker"

Punk: "Suckers"

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 28 Jan 2014, 3:36 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:
hodge wrote:

I doubt Punk would be able to demand a deal like that, although in a roundabout way I could see WWE offering it to him as an enticement.

Punk: "I wanna win next year's Rumble and win the title in the main event of Wrestlemania 31"

WWE: "WHOA! Now hold on there mister! How about..... give us a second here..... we could......okay..... okay we got it: How about you win next year's Royal Rumble and headline Wrestlemania 31 in the title match?"

Laugh 

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 28 Jan 2014, 3:50 pm

just my opinion, but i think he'll get fed up again, and even the wwe title wont keep him happy. punk certainly doesnt need wwe and its money, he must be a millionaire now? I think punk would be happier in the indys, promoting them and other talent rather than those of 'the machine'

i said before his 2011 run that something was coming with him and it did, in a huge way, way bigger than we imagined. and i think we will see something happen again.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 28 Jan 2014, 4:03 pm

JamesLincs wrote:just my opinion, but i think he'll get fed up again, and even the wwe title wont keep him happy. punk certainly doesnt need wwe and its money, he must be a millionaire now? I think punk would be happier in the indys, promoting them and other talent rather than those of 'the machine'

i said before his 2011 run that something was coming with him and it did, in a huge way, way bigger than we imagined. and i think we will see something happen again.

I also think that seeing the way Bryan is being treated is unlikely to make him think 'Yep I can see WWE are changing their ways here'. I think he is becoming disillusioned with the product/company again...something which has come across in recent interviews and I would argue his work (which I don't think has been as high as his own lofty feats in recent months).

I don't think were going to see any major payoff come Mania; im of the opinion he will get bundled into some tag match with Hunter or worse...something which will not sit well with him or fans give his work horse nature over the past 2 years.

Also the opening segment last night; I think definitely put together BECAUSE of the Rumble rather than before it. They saw, heard the reaction and reacted IMO. Reason I say that is two fold; it felt under prepared in it's delivery..by both Bryan & HHH...also watched it back a 2nd time and I think Hunter looked sick as a pig when they eventually square up. He had that 'this is sitting in the gut of my stomach & nibbling away at me' look! He's a decent seller but not that good and I think it's grating on him that Bryan is this over!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 28 Jan 2014, 4:11 pm

Depends what job Punk was offered post career if he was given a fairly important job in creative he would go for it I reckon. I remember an interview of his may have been on DVD about him giving Vince scripts for weeks and weeks of shows on what he could do.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 28 Jan 2014, 4:12 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:
hodge wrote:

Thats not how we do business dammit

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 28 Jan 2014, 4:12 pm

......I don't think

STEPHANIE

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 28 Jan 2014, 5:02 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:Thats not how we do business dammit

That not how you got Big Dave back Vince?  Laugh 

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 28 Jan 2014, 5:15 pm

Few things from Raw

No development from Kane vs CM Punk. Poor booking.

Great opening segment, HHH was brilliant. 

The Shield vs The Wyatts looks likely for Chamber decent enough match - Hopefully we see the complete end to the shield that night.

Anyone see Seth Rollins stack it when the shield entered?  Laugh 

Brock Lesnar was awesome. Wouldn't be surprised if it is him vs Batista at Wrestle Mania.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 28 Jan 2014, 6:31 pm

In terms of the Punk / Kane situation I was fine with it not being on Raw. There was a lot that they wanted to fit in and Lesnar was the star of the show.

I would doubt he would be at next week's Raw so why not make the most of him now and then showcase Punk next week?

In terms of his long term plans I am doubtful that any of us know the "real" Punk/Phil. He has come out and said many times that he doesn't need the WWE and will not want to stay around too long though it could be a ploy to the management - i.e. "just remember that I don't need you like some guys need you".

I would suspect that he would want to stay so long as there are interesting stories to tell. I would suggest that Cena/Punk at WM is a definite one that is left as a big money feud. Who else is there at the moment? Punk/Taker II? Punk/Lesnar II? Punk/Rock II?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 28 Jan 2014, 6:49 pm

would the wyatts, shield match be in the chamber do we think?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 28 Jan 2014, 6:56 pm

Very good Raw, I ruddy love Lesnar. Bryan was good, nice to have Sheamus back, equally nice not to have Sheamus talking. Loved the Wyatts costing the Shield. Marked out for that even though it could very well mean nothing.

Elimination Chamber is cracked up to be incredible. Always has huge potential as a PPV, could deliver this time

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 28 Jan 2014, 8:57 pm

Think WWE went someway to making up for the Rumble with a decent Raw, the use of Lesnar was fantastic. Expecting Lesnar vs Batista for his title shot at EC. Last two in the Chamber to be Punk and Kane with Kane just trying to stop Punk winning. The Shield vs The Wyatts where the Shield implode and Reigns turns face, he is very over right now.i

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 29 Jan 2014, 9:25 am

Has anyone seen the smackdown spoilers about the last 2 spots on the chamber?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 29 Jan 2014, 11:47 am

NickisBHAFC wrote:Anyone see Seth Rollins stack it when the shield entered?  Laugh 

I must have rewound it about 10 times. Was in tears of laughter at that.

I'm a little child I know, but hey?

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Wed 29 Jan 2014, 11:55 am

Did anyone else think Del Rio looked legit p!55ed with JBL after he stood up to acknowledge the crowd?
Also,why can't Lawler understand the concept of a countdown clock?

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 29 Jan 2014, 12:28 pm

jbl return? perhaps being in the ring for 6 seconds at the rumble gave him that feeling most wrestlers just cant shake off. id love to see him give del rio the clothesline from hell!

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 29 Jan 2014, 3:35 pm

JBL to join The Real American's and go on boarder patrol again.

JBL, Swagger and Cesaro Vs Mysterio, Sin Cara (Hunico) and Del Rio

Yeah yeah I know it won't happen but still...

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down