The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland v Wales... Tour advice...

2 posters

Go down

Ireland v Wales... Tour advice... Empty Ireland v Wales... Tour advice...

Post by No9 Tue 28 Jan 2014, 5:45 pm

Just been offered a place on the Dublin trip (Ireland v Wales) as one of the guys from the club is having to drop out last minute (domestic issues - best not ask...).

I've been to Dublin many times before and loved the trip, but this time I haven't been saving with the club, so going to have to find some funds before I commit to "buying" this place...

I can come up with the trip costs, as I know what that'll be... but I haven't a clue on how expensive Dublin is these days, for food or more importantly Guinness... It could be the spending money that stops me taking this place.

So, can anyone advise me on the prices out there... It will be a 3 night trip (Thr - Sun) so based on a Bacon Roll for breakfast, a pie/burger lunch and a curry at night. Plus the Guinness between, any ideas on how much I should consider taking in Euros or £s (if I take the place)...

ie.. How much is a pint of Guinness these days...

Appreciate the costs vary drastically between Temple Bar and other less "trendy" areas, so a range of prices is appreciated...

Many thanks..  guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness

No9

Back to top Go down

Ireland v Wales... Tour advice... Empty Re: Ireland v Wales... Tour advice...

Post by No9 Tue 28 Jan 2014, 7:47 pm

Guess, this tour is not on everyone's radar yet... It hit mine, as I need to let the tour organiser know by tomorrow, so he can get names on tickets changed...

Any advice on OP, really appreciated... otherwise I'll have to take a punt (or even a Euro now  Very Happy )

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Tue 28 Jan 2014, 8:43 pm

Alright mate the Guinness can vary between 3 and 5 euros with obviously Temple bar being the worst for the pricing. I'd definitely be bringing euros.

No need for anything more than a packet if tayto when you're on the Guinness.

Around 200-250 euro should see ya through 3 days on the lash I'd say.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Tue 28 Jan 2014, 9:58 pm

Many thanks... that's encouraging, as I was working around 250 euro mark, may be able to push it up to about 275 but anymore than that would hit the wifes radar... warning 

That's great... looks like I'm coming over to Dublin this year...

guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:05 pm

Enjoy fella. I'll hopefully get a few days there in the summer so may start saving. And no harm but I'm hoping the match is the worst part of your trip.

Slainte  guinness 

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:10 pm

Sure to have a great time, no matter what the result... but I find the Guinness flows so much better when Wales win  Yahoo 

Actually that's not true... The previous times I have been there I have found the Guinness flows just as well no matter who wins at the end of the game...

Iechyd Da  guinness 

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down