The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things the WWE do right...

5 posters

Go down

Things the WWE do right... Empty Things the WWE do right...

Post by I Blame Coco Thu 19 May - 9:22

There's always talk of things the 'E do wrong (taking belt of Christian, not pushing the right talent etc etc) but what things do they more often than not do right?

For me it's promo videos. Whether it's the 2 minute video to build up a match prior to a PPV or a WM highlights video, they consistantly seem to get the right.

Last edited by I Blame Coco on Thu 19 May - 9:32; edited 1 time in total

I Blame Coco

Back to top Go down

Things the WWE do right... Empty Re: Things the WWE do right...

Post by Mr H Thu 19 May - 9:31

Commentary. Ok so the current guys will never be Monsoon or Ventura, but i think Josh Matthews, Michael Cole and even Todd Grisham arent actually that bad and do a pretty good job. With JR and King still there, i think the commentary in the WWE is fairly strong.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 19 May - 9:32

WWE do 99.9% of things right in my opinion. Talent signing, training, star-making, putting on globally successful shows, marketing, hype-building, live event management, securing the best TV deals, management of staff, staff retention, competing with rivals ....

That's what makes it the number one wrestling company in the world. That's what makes children run out and buy trading cards and sticker albums. That's what makes it "the longest running weekly entertainment programme" in the States. That's what makes us watch it and discuss it every week.

And that last point, is what WWE does best - create debate!

If they weren't making controversial decisions, then we wouldn't be talking about them

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 19 May - 10:39

I think they're seriously struggling with star making now to be honest, marketing and building hype would be two I'd choose

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 19 May - 10:53

Electric Demon wrote:WWE do 99.9% of things right in my opinion. Talent signing, training, star-making, putting on globally successful shows, marketing, hype-building, live event management, securing the best TV deals, management of staff, staff retention, competing with rivals ....

That's what makes it the number one wrestling company in the world. That's what makes children run out and buy trading cards and sticker albums. That's what makes it "the longest running weekly entertainment programme" in the States. That's what makes us watch it and discuss it every week.

And that last point, is what WWE does best - create debate!

If they weren't making controversial decisions, then we wouldn't be talking about them

Probably the best answer you will read on this thread.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu 19 May - 10:55

Regarding the production, marketing presentation of the shows wwe does it second to none where they fall down in my book is the content of the shows.
If they get that right which they haven't for a while but are fully capable of they would have the full puzzle.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down