The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup round 6

+6
Rowley
ShahenshahG
Bull
Notch
superflyweight
Galted
10 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 2 Empty The Culture Cup round 6

Post by Rowley Mon 27 Jan 2014, 1:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:I think I'll upset Jeff now and say that Blackberry Way is a better song than Waterloo Sunset.

Why would the fact you're a moron upset me?

As an aside though another Move song, Flowers in the Rain was the first song ever played on Radio One.

That could and should have been posted on me remarkably unpopular Music anecdotes thread....

Sean, if the thread had been called useless music trivia it almost certainly would have been. I have any number of such facts I could amaze you good people with.

Hit me.

Happily, the first Spice Girls Single not to go to Number 1 was Stop, it was kept off top spot by Run DMC vs Jason Nevins - It's Like That.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Culture Cup round 6

Post by Galted Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:21 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote: with some species using internal fertilization and others external fertilization

Don't mean to be disrespectful of arthropods but I'm equally adept at internal and external fertilisation.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:24 am

Rowley wrote:geezer

Oh dear.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:25 am

Anything to distract you from the insect talk.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:26 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:There are no know records of insects giving a f*ck about nuances of grammar.

Or typos either. IMHO they're a bit of a no-know.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:27 am

Rowley wrote:Anything to distract you from the insect talk.

That is the second time I have seen you use it.

You mockney goon.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:28 am

Am more than happy to reach a gentleman's agreement that I will stop using it straight away if you agree to stop the talk of insects.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:31 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Or typos either. IMHO they're a bit of a no-know

From memory the Old Green Grasshopper in James and the Giant Peach was quite educated and sophisticated...
(and the centipede was friendly too)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:33 am

Rowley wrote:Am more than happy to reach a gentleman's agreement that I will stop using it straight away if you agree to stop the talk of insects.

Hardly a fair trade. I have to stop talking about something I have a passion for, you have to stop using a word that makes you look like a d*ck amongst your peers?

Heavily weighted in your favour, Jeffrey. I am doing you a favour.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:44 am

I like fish. They're pretty calming if of the tropical / reef type. I once hooked a barracuda on magnetic island although my tackle was too lightweight to bring it in.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:47 am

seanmichaels wrote:I like fish. They're pretty calming if of the tropical / reef type. I once hooked a barracuda on magnetic island although my tackle was too lightweight to bring it in.

Did you watch River Monsters last week? It was some huge fish with a massive, solid noggin that leaps into boats and knocks people out.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:50 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I like fish. They're pretty calming if of the tropical / reef type. I once hooked a barracuda on magnetic island although my tackle was too lightweight to bring it in.

Did you watch River Monsters last week?  It was some huge fish with a massive, solid noggin that leaps into boats and knocks people out.

Wingrove's sister, Edna, used to do that. She has a huge forehead and can hold her breath for over three minutes. There were a few surprised families renting pedal-boats on the Serpentine I can tell you.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 28 Jan 2014, 11:02 am

Missed River Monsters. Only thing that has been on telly other than Breaking Bad since last week was winterwatch and Uni Challenge last night. Only got one right so probably wasn't worth it anyway.

Funnily enough I was thinking about a Giant Centipede vs Steve Irwin scenario on the way to work. I think Irwin would have its number.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 28 Jan 2014, 11:08 am

seanmichaels wrote:Missed River Monsters. Only thing that has been on telly other than Breaking Bad since last week was winterwatch and Uni Challenge last night. Only got one right so probably wasn't worth it anyway.

Funnily enough I was thinking about a Giant Centipede vs Steve Irwin scenario on the way to work. I think Irwin would have its number.

Well of course he would.  If he were still alive, he could just stamp on it, hit it will a bat, set fire to it and many other ways of killing it.  That isn't the point.  As I said to Superfly, Wladimir Klitschko would kill Ricardo Lopez but no-one of sane mind would say big Wlad is the better boxer.

Centipedes are lethal in the context of their environment.  If I had the choice between a square go with a living Steve Irwin, or a man sized centipede, I would go for Irwin every time.  Sure, he would almost certainly duff me up, but I would have more of a chance than taking on a massive human sized centipede.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 28 Jan 2014, 11:33 am

What would happen if Irwin was a leprechaun / pixie?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 28 Jan 2014, 11:36 am

Would've been great to see a bust up between Irwin and Ray Mears if Mears was building a shelter and Irwin smashed it up chasing after some snake.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 28 Jan 2014, 11:38 am

I think the obvious pick is Irwin but I think Mears is probably harder than he looks.

If he can get Irwin to the floor and use his greater bulk then I have a sneaky feeling Ray would take him.

The hardest one is the saffer, Austin Stevens. That bloke is f*cking mental.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 28 Jan 2014, 11:52 am

How about a human-sized centipede vs a tiger?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 28 Jan 2014, 11:55 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I think the obvious pick is Irwin but I think Mears is probably harder than he looks.

If he can get Irwin to the floor and use his greater bulk then I have a sneaky feeling Ray would take him.

The hardest one is the saffer, Austin Stevens.  That bloke is f*cking mental.

I reckon Bill Oddie would be quite handy in a mentallist kind of way. Mears / Irwin / Stevens would have to kill him to stop him coming back for more.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 28 Jan 2014, 11:56 am

Centipede. If a normal sized one can kill and eat snake, I think a human sized one would beat a tiger.

Tough exo-skeleton gives it enough protection against the tigers ferocious jaws whereas those venomous forcipules would puncture the tigers body with ease.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 28 Jan 2014, 12:16 pm

Tiger would probably cut it in half with a swipe of its paw and crush it with it's jaws, with centipede innards spurting out in all directions.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 28 Jan 2014, 12:19 pm

I can't be bothered with you today. You're clearly trying to wind me up rather than debate the merits of a fight between a tiger and a human sized centipede.

Stuff you, Julius. Have a reflection on your attitude overnight and if I see some improvement I will talk with you again.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 28 Jan 2014, 12:25 pm

That's simply an incentive not to improve my attitude.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 28 Jan 2014, 1:04 pm

That's what would have made "The Human Centipede" better. Put a tiger in the film.

Either that, or just not bother to make the film at all.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 2:53 pm

Sewing a live tiger to another person's rectum....not sure any film producer (of any repute he added hastily) would approve

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Jan 2014, 8:05 am

Video killed the radio star.

Dave killed this thread.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 29 Jan 2014, 8:15 am

I had to do a bit of work yesterday, wasn't particularly impressed. I'm contemplating a 3-piece variety meal today as a reward.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Jan 2014, 8:16 am

I had to do a bit of work yesterday, wasn't particularly impressed. I'm contemplating a visit to the canteen today as a reward.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 29 Jan 2014, 8:17 am

Get yourself a kfc, Tino. They're all over.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Jan 2014, 8:25 am

That would mean walking somewhere which is not something I plan on doing today. I think there is gammon on the menu in the canteen today. That will do for me.

You won't make it to KFC. You'll get distracted by Wrap-it-Up and have a burrito again.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 29 Jan 2014, 8:37 am

Galted wrote:I had to do a bit of work yesterday, wasn't particularly impressed.  I'm contemplating a 3-piece variety meal today as a reward.

I had a Mighty bucket from KFC for lunch yesterday. It was alright but I'm not a fan of the bones. Next time i decide to treat myself i'll be back on the boneless banquet.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 29 Jan 2014, 8:39 am

my local KFC is the antithesis of fast food. If the food wasnt so bad at this specific one i would guess that from order to eating they had to catch kill and marinade the chicken from scratch.

And it smells...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 29 Jan 2014, 9:00 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:I had to do a bit of work yesterday, wasn't particularly impressed.  I'm contemplating a 3-piece variety meal today as a reward.

I had a Mighty bucket from KFC for lunch yesterday. It was alright but I'm not a fan of the bones. Next time i decide to treat myself i'll be back on the boneless banquet.

Otherwise known as a lesbian orgy.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 29 Jan 2014, 9:02 am

You won't make it to KFC.  You'll get distracted by Wrap-it-Up and have a burrito again.

There's a very good chance that you're correct.  It's impossible not to pass the Wrap-It-Up unless you take a route that's about 3 times the distance which drastically increases the chances of a banker landing on your head.

Last edited by Galted on Wed 29 Jan 2014, 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : confusing "I" and "you")

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Jan 2014, 9:04 am

superflyweight wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Laugh 

F*ck it, that deserves another one.

Laugh 

Superfly, you periodically make me laugh, and that was certainly once such occasion.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 29 Jan 2014, 9:06 am

superflyweight wrote:

My neighbours (feminists) had girly friends over on Saturday. Had a few glances over the fence to see what was going but nothing. All I got was a bit of muffled giggling through the walls.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Jan 2014, 9:09 am

seanmichaels wrote:muffled giggling.

Not as good as a giggling muff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 29 Jan 2014, 9:10 am

Michaels is a wordsmith of the highest order.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 29 Jan 2014, 9:12 am

The one who has always lived there (with 2 kids) is relatively tidy, as is her daughter (Uni now). Sort of an older Anne Heche.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Jan 2014, 9:12 am

Galted wrote:

Whereas I am a swordsman of the highest order.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 29 Jan 2014, 9:14 am

Galted wrote:

Thank you for the praise good sir. Did you know the poet Robert Burns wrote a ditty called 'C0ck up your beaver'?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 29 Jan 2014, 9:21 am

I would like to propose that, in Ingerland, Burns Night is replaced with Michaels Weekend.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 29 Jan 2014, 9:30 am

Galted wrote:I would like to propose that, in Ingerland, Burns Night is replaced with Michaels Weekend.

You wish to see the return of Lynch Mobs?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 29 Jan 2014, 11:30 am

3-piece variety meal from KFC, minus the chips.

enjoyment: 3.5/5 - would have been 4 but the bones (chicken) now put me off thanks to michaels
health: 1.5/5 - would have been a 1 but I got a water with it (where the French have Perrier and Evian, the Brits have Drench, does exactly what it says on the bottle)
price: 2/5 - a bit hefty at £5.99, Rowley could have a months worth of Yorkshire puddings and bottle of Radox for that
overall: 47%

Verdict: wish I'd got a delicious chicken burrito (large) from Wrap-It-Up instead

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 29 Jan 2014, 11:55 am

Ham Salad Sarnie again. Am busting for something unhealthy and actually tasty. However am playing poker Friday night so suspect a kebab may be in order.

Am in that London tomorrow though so can enjoy some of this ridiculously over priced food you all seem so keen on.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Jan 2014, 12:35 pm

Gammon steak in the canteen. New potatoes and broccoli. Apple crumble for dessert. Quite nice actually.

What are you doing down here, Jeff? Watch out for cars. Also, they have zebra crossings with lights. Pretty confusing stuff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 29 Jan 2014, 12:43 pm

Meeting a client, he has threatened to provide lunch though so ridiculously over priced food may not be an option. Intend to spend the rest of the day getting lost on the tube and complaining about how busy it is.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Jan 2014, 12:49 pm

Rowley wrote:Meeting a client, he has threatened to provide lunch though so ridiculously over priced food may not be an option. Intend to spend the rest of the day getting lost on the tube and complaining about how busy it is.

If you see a man who looks like he is going on safari, that is almost certainly Galted.

If you see an exceptionally handsome man who may or may not look like he works in B&Q, that will be me.

If you see a massive, seething, wallowing blob of humanity, that will definitely be TopHat.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 29 Jan 2014, 12:51 pm

If you see a massive, seething, wallowing blob of humanity, that will definitely be TopHat.

Have already made a mental note to avoid any fat people who are berating/snearing at beggars, but cheers for the tip. When it comes to avoiding ever meeting top hat you really cannot be too careful.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:00 pm

There's a chap that gets on the train in Linlithgow every morning wearing a top hat. I always ensure that I aoid eye contact with him even though I know it can't be Top Hat because (a) I know that Toppy lives in London and not a small Scottish town, and (b) the guy appears to weight less than 27 stone.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:03 pm

If you see an old guy wiping dribble from his chin looking aimlessly for crumbs of comfort in a heartless world, that will be me, which means either you're not in London, or else I'm in London but haven't realised it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next