The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup round 6

+6
Rowley
ShahenshahG
Bull
Notch
superflyweight
Galted
10 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 3 Empty The Culture Cup round 6

Post by Rowley Mon 27 Jan 2014, 1:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:I think I'll upset Jeff now and say that Blackberry Way is a better song than Waterloo Sunset.

Why would the fact you're a moron upset me?

As an aside though another Move song, Flowers in the Rain was the first song ever played on Radio One.

That could and should have been posted on me remarkably unpopular Music anecdotes thread....

Sean, if the thread had been called useless music trivia it almost certainly would have been. I have any number of such facts I could amaze you good people with.

Hit me.

Happily, the first Spice Girls Single not to go to Number 1 was Stop, it was kept off top spot by Run DMC vs Jason Nevins - It's Like That.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Culture Cup round 6

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:06 pm

If you see someone alternately weeping and screaming obscenties at the Heavens it's either me or someone who's been to Bradford

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:07 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Rowley wrote:Meeting a client, he has threatened to provide lunch though so ridiculously over priced food may not be an option. Intend to spend the rest of the day getting lost on the tube and complaining about how busy it is.

If you see a man who looks like he is going on safari, that is almost certainly Galted.

If you see an exceptionally handsome man who may or may not look like he works in B&Q, that will be me.

If you see a massive, seething, wallowing blob of humanity, that will definitely be TopHat.

Unlikely you'll see me on account of my swiftness, stealthiness and ability to blend in with my surroundings.  However, I will keep an ear out for bamboozled Men of the North and point you in the right direction.

PS - in London some money is made of paper, don't sneer at it as you can buy many things with it in other parts of the land.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:08 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:If you see an old guy wiping dribble from his chin looking aimlessly for crumbs of comfort in a heartless world, that will be me, which means either you're not in London, or else I'm in London but haven't realised it.

You're not doing the idea of Julius as a deity any good.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:11 pm

Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:Meeting a client, he has threatened to provide lunch though so ridiculously over priced food may not be an option. Intend to spend the rest of the day getting lost on the tube and complaining about how busy it is.

If you see a man who looks like he is going on safari, that is almost certainly Galted.

If you see an exceptionally handsome man who may or may not look like he works in B&Q, that will be me.

If you see a massive, seething, wallowing blob of humanity, that will definitely be TopHat.

Unlikely you'll see me on account of my swiftness, stealthiness and ability to blend in with my surroundings.  However, I will keep an ear out for bamboozled Men of the North and point you in the right direction.

PS - in London some money is made of paper, don't sneer at it as you can buy many things with it in other parts of the land.
Ridiculous...surely the purchase of items using dog's teeth is a common practice in all parts of the land including "that there London"?

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:18 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Ridiculous...surely the purchase of items using dog's teeth is a common practice in all parts of the land including "that there London"

I believe so, including but not limited to:- Pearly Queens, Jellied Eels, Unwarranted Rudeness and Cous Cous salads.

Though you do get your change in sneer form...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:21 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Galted wrote:

Ridiculous...surely the purchase of items using dog's teeth is a common practice in all parts of the land including "that there London"?

Not a word of a lie. It breaks my heart to see visiting Men of the North using theirs for fire or shoe stuffing when they could use it to buy a delicious chicken burrito or a pair of Hi-Tecs and woolly socks.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:25 pm

Galted wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Galted wrote:

Not a word of a lie.  It breaks my heart to see visiting Men of the North using theirs for fire or shoe stuffing when they could use it to buy a delicious chicken burrito or a pair of Hi-Tecs and woolly socks.
Having tasted a chicken burrito, it's no surprsie my Northern comrades are eating woollen socks and using fancy laces to string up the filth mongers selling this cr@p and calling it food.

Went to London once (I lie, I'll never go, I heard it from a bloke who knew another bloke who once dreamed that he'd met a bloke who'd been) and saw a sign saying "All our food is cooked using VEGETABLE oil!"

It's madness...no wonder you're all on drugs

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:36 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:If you see an old guy wiping dribble from his chin looking aimlessly for crumbs of comfort in a heartless world, that will be me, which means either you're not in London, or else I'm in London but haven't realised it.

I'm not a deity, just a normal bloke. To you, that is enough to make me appear god-like.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:43 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:

I'm not a deity, just a normal bloke. To you, that is enough to make me appear god-like.

Well f*ck you then. All of the In Julius We Trust pamphlets I had printed have a date with the Thames.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:04 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:

Well f*ck you then.  All of the In Julius We Trust pamphlets I had printed have a date with the Thames.

Cry me a river.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:05 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:

Well f*ck you then.  All of the In Julius We Trust pamphlets I had printed have a date with the Thames.

Cry me a river.

Julius works in mysterious ways.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:05 pm

Ruskie auditor back in the building. Should have had my haircut.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:11 pm

The thread has been split again.

Jeff talking about the Spice Girls is now the OP. Happy days.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:11 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Ruskie auditor back in the building. Should have had my haircut.

I'm learning to speak Russian. Had a bit of an advantage as I've watched A Clockwork Orange about twenty times and read the book once.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:12 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:The thread has been split again.

Jeff talking about the Spice Girls is now the OP.  Happy days.

It's proof that there is a Julius and that he's a kind, loving Julius.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:13 pm

Just hope this fact is actually a fact and not another repeat of my unfortunate England World Cup number one snafoo.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:14 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Ruskie auditor back in the building. Should have had my haircut.
Why, won't stop you BEING a ****...just stop you looking like one

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:18 pm

The Fonz was cool. Happy days.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:26 pm

Galted wrote:

I'm learning to speak Russian.  Had a bit of an advantage as I've watched A Clockwork Orange about twenty times and read the book once.

What is 'Sorry if I smelled the last time you sat with me, I was terribly hungover? It only happens a few times a week.'

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:27 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:

I'm learning to speak Russian.  Had a bit of an advantage as I've watched A Clockwork Orange about twenty times and read the book once.

What is 'Sorry if I smelled the last time you sat with me, I was terribly hungover? It only happens a few times a week.'

Извините, если я пахло в последний раз вы сидели со мной, я был ужасно висела над? Это происходит только несколько раз в неделю.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:49 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:

Haven't advanced that far, I can say "where can I smoke here?" though I might have to take up smoking again for it to be useful.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 30 Jan 2014, 7:47 am

Inspirational on here today! In-spi-rational!

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 30 Jan 2014, 7:59 am

It's my party. And I'll cry if I want to.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 30 Jan 2014, 8:09 am

I'm afraid of the dark. Especially when I'm in a park.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 30 Jan 2014, 8:12 am

I'm afraid of a ghost. Its the sight that I fear most.

I'd rather have a piece of toast. And watch the evening news.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 30 Jan 2014, 8:29 am

Lucky that my lips not only mumble
They spill kisses like a fountain
Lucky that my breasts are small and humble
So you don't confuse them with mountains

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 30 Jan 2014, 8:30 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I'm afraid of a ghost.  Its the sight that I fear most.

I'd rather have a piece of toast.  And watch the evening news.

It explains your career choice Tino. Distinct lack of minerals

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 30 Jan 2014, 8:35 am

I don't recognise those lyrics, Shah?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 30 Jan 2014, 8:40 am

Vitamins are needed for the sturdiest of generals

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 30 Jan 2014, 8:43 am

I do have a large appendage to compensate

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 30 Jan 2014, 8:46 am

Though the way i use it may not be great

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 30 Jan 2014, 8:47 am

Confused......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 30 Jan 2014, 8:47 am

Though the way i use it may not be great
As it involves lots of vegetables and animals

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 30 Jan 2014, 8:48 am

Confused......
f*cking magnets, how do they work?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 30 Jan 2014, 8:49 am

looks like the limerick round from the quiz section is on vacation and spreading its wings...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 30 Jan 2014, 8:53 am

rick_dagless wrote:looks like the limerick round from the quiz section is on vacation and spreading its wings...

Inspired by dagless's observation I read the posts in question properly and have to admit that they're very good.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 30 Jan 2014, 8:55 am

Galted wrote:Inspired by dagless's observation I read the posts in question properly and have to admit that they're very good

Well it is the cluture cup Galted, where class oozes from every word...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 30 Jan 2014, 8:57 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Galted wrote:Inspired by dagless's observation I read the posts in question properly and have to admit that they're very good

And Tino makes some contributions as well.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 30 Jan 2014, 8:59 am

I wonder how Jeff is getting on.

My bet is he is still wandering around Waterloo looking for the exit. I might nip out later and see if I can spot an irate Yorkshireman shouting obscenities at a Barista.

"Ey up lad. Is tha putting a whole f*cking cow in that there coffee?"

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 30 Jan 2014, 9:00 am

Galted wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

And Tino makes some contributions as well.

D*ckhead.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 30 Jan 2014, 9:02 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I wonder how Jeff is getting on.

My bet is he is still wandering around Waterloo looking for the exit.  I might nip out later and see if I can spot an irate Yorkshireman shouting obscenities at a Barista.  

"Ey up lad.  Is tha putting a whole f*cking cow in that there coffee?"

laughing 

I think that he's gawping at a set of traffic lights, his mouth hanging open.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 30 Jan 2014, 9:04 am

Or he has been stopped in his tracks by the gap between the carriage and the platform.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 30 Jan 2014, 9:06 am

Those three Wise Men,
They've got a semi by the sea.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 30 Jan 2014, 9:07 am

Mind the windows Tino wrote:Or he has been stopped in his tracks by the gap between the carriage and the platform.

Could have slipped on a jellied eel and is now floundering whilst dead eyed commuters ignore his writhings, whilst using hand free headsets on their phones for no real reason...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 30 Jan 2014, 9:10 am

He could be transfixed by the London omnibuses that have no horses attached.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 30 Jan 2014, 9:11 am

He probably trying to reclaim the shard for Yorkshire

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 30 Jan 2014, 9:14 am

Remonstrating at MacDonalds for the lack of blackpudding on the menu?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 30 Jan 2014, 9:16 am

seanmichaels wrote:Remonstrating at MacDonalds for the lack of blackpudding on the menu?

He's far too patriotic to go into a fancy foreign restaurant.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 30 Jan 2014, 9:16 am

Becoming exasperated at people actually carrying a dog under their arms.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 30 Jan 2014, 9:18 am

Moaning that his coffee has ice in it.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down