The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who cares about an Irish Grand Slam 2014

+44
Biltong
geoff998rugby
Sin é
Gretgael1
sportform
alive555
doctor_grey
Thomond
The Saint
asoreleftshoulder
Nachos Jones
majesticimperialman
LeinsterFan4life
Sgt_Pooly
Engine#4
whocares
GunsGerms
wrfc1980
san
Cyril
Feckless Rogue
dragonbreath
KiaRose
Metal Tiger
HammerofThunor
TJ
RugbyFan182
geoff999rugby
fa0019
tomhughesnice
gregortree
Golden
overlordofthewest
8Studs
Mickado
lostinwales
Scrumpy
SecretFly
westisbest
GoodinTightSpaces
rodders
Notch
GloriousEmpire
Scratch
48 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who cares about an Irish Grand Slam 2014 Empty Who cares about an Irish Grand Slam 2014

Post by Scratch Thu 13 Feb 2014, 4:03 am

Having beaten the Champions 2 years in a row, and this year in a manner that sets Wales back further than they have been since 2009, I am quietly confident Ireland will win a Grand Slam this year and certain they will win the tournament. While most of the chat has been about Wales defense, England being on target for yet another Grand Slam, Scotland dissembling and France being, well, French, Ireland have been quietly going about their business, almost beating NZ and now dismantling Wales. This defeat is proof perfect that Gatland's Lions ambitions have directly affected Wales progress.

In Schmidt Ireland have found a tactician as much as a coach who clearly has his players full support and belief, and his game plan was so beautifully executed by a side that looks more cohesive and hungry than any other side in the competition. Unlike Wales, who have no game plan but a style, Ireland prove they can be versatile and i don't think i have ever seen a side play to their strengths and expose the opposition's weaknesses as much as they did last week.

The key to victory is POC and Sexton. The former is the foundation of a dogged tight five and Sexton is fast becoming a world class 10. I expect Ireland and England to be a humdinger of a forward battle, if Ireland try and maul England they may well come up 2nd best, but i expect Schmidt to try and expose the English wings as he did against Wales and the Irish set piece will more than manage the English. It will be close but as long as Sexton functions and marshals the game as he has done so far, i just don't think the English will live with them Twixenham or not.

As for France, if Ireland beat England their momentum and confidence will be unstoppable. In Fofana France have the standout back in Europe but i think Ireland's intelligence and leadership is so strong that they will again edge it in a tight game. The French pack is prone to being snuffed out if they do not get their way and Ireland - who have the most cohesive back division - will clearly not make the same mistakes England did.

So it's a huge call in a year when nobody believed a Slam was on but for me Ireland are now the team to beat. Some farewell for BOD.

Last edited by Scratch on Sat 15 Mar 2014, 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Who cares about an Irish Grand Slam 2014 Empty Re: Who cares about an Irish Grand Slam 2014

Post by GloriousEmpire Thu 13 Feb 2014, 4:26 am

Nice to see your confidence! Had to argue with your reasoning. Good luck Ireland! I think most neutrals would love to see Ireland take an historic grand slam.

I've tipped England to beat Ireland on the predictor thread. I've had another of my rugby future score prediction dreams which are invariably correct. But to be fair, it was an early dodgy try to England that makes the difference in the end. "The twickenham effect" striking again.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Who cares about an Irish Grand Slam 2014 Empty Re: Who cares about an Irish Grand Slam 2014

Post by Notch Thu 13 Feb 2014, 7:55 am

Shhhhhhhh, don't say those two words!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 13 Feb 2014, 8:55 am

Yahoo 

Oh shoite forgot there's 3 games to go ..... Sad
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Thu 13 Feb 2014, 9:05 am

Scratch wrote:Having beaten the Champions 2 years in a row, and this year in a manner that sets Wales back further than they have been since 2009, I am quietly confident Ireland will win a Grand Slam this year and certain they will win the tournament. While most of the chat has been about Wales defense, England being on target for yet another Grand Slam, Scotland dissembling and France being, well, French, Ireland have been quietly going about their business, almost beating NZ and now dismantling Wales. This defeat is proof perfect that Gatland's Lions ambitions have directly affected Wales progress.

In Schmidt Ireland have found a tactician as much as a coach who clearly has his players full support and belief, and his game plan was so beautifully executed by a side that looks more cohesive and hungry than any other side in the competition. Unlike Wales, who have no game plan but a style, Ireland prove they can be versatile and i don't think i have ever seen a side play to their strengths and expose the opposition's weaknesses as much as they did last week.

The key to victory is POC and Sexton. The former is the foundation of a dogged tight five and Sexton is fast becoming a world class 10. I expect Ireland and England to be a humdinger of a forward battle, if Ireland try and maul England they may well come up 2nd best, but i expect Schmidt to try and expose the English wings as he did against Wales and the Irish set piece will more than manage the English. It will be close but as long as Sexton functions and marshals the game as he has done so far, i just don't think the English will live with them Twixenham or not.

As for France, if Ireland beat England their momentum and confidence will be unstoppable. In Fofana France have the standout back in Europe but i think Ireland's intelligence and leadership is so strong that they will again edge it in a tight game. The French pack is prone to being snuffed out if they do not get their way and Ireland - who have the most cohesive back division - will clearly not make the same mistakes England did.

So it's a huge call in a year when nobody believed a Slam was on but for me Ireland are now the team to beat. Some farewell for BOD.

how does writting an article about Ireland winning the Grand Slam on the World Wide Web constitute being quietly confident???

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 9:11 am

I think if we beat England than should beat Italy at home(wont be easy).

Then its onto Paris, for what could be the decider(although fancy Wales to beat them).

Its a tough one.
Momentem/confidence will be high.
If we start well early, few penalties 6/9-0 up cause them to make misstakes, their fans will be on their backs, the boos ringing out, will play into our hands.

That being said this is France, gonna be tough, but hoping we can do it.

BUT

England next, gonna be tough, but very exciting all the same.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 13 Feb 2014, 9:18 am

I think the Triple crown is the big one. A GS or 6N title would be a bonus.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Feb 2014, 9:59 am

I think Notch should do his duty and ban any Irish poster who says we're going to win the Slam!

Stamp down on this nonsense!  It's unruly behaviour, it offends me, it's racist, sexist, anti-Welsh, probably bullying, almost certainly wumming and...................... what are the other good stuff that people usually complain about??!!!

Anyway, it's all of them!!!

Stamp Out Over Confidence is my campaign of the season.  
And Do Not Jinx the Irish Please is my second campaign...running concurrently.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 13 Feb 2014, 10:06 am

Scratch wrote: While most of the chat has been England being on target for yet another Grand Slam

Please show me where this chat is?

I haven't seen any on here or in the media, even John Inverdale hasn't mentioned it (or Wilkinson!) on the Beeb.

Pure lies from the OP.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 13 Feb 2014, 11:09 am

Scrumpy wrote:
Scratch wrote: While most of the chat has been England being on target for yet another Grand Slam

I haven't seen any on here or in the media, even John Inverdale hasn't mentioned it (or Wilkinson!) on the Beeb.

Pure lies from the OP.

And its redundant now anyways  Crying or Very sad 

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 13 Feb 2014, 11:25 am

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Spoiler:

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by 8Studs Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:24 pm

The game agaist England will tell wether we have it this season to do it, I'm not convinced that we will turn England over at Twickenham.

8Studs

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:32 pm

England will be a test for sure.  And they'll be favourites to win it - rightly so.  If we did pull off a win then still two big games to go - I include Italy because it would be very easy for confident Irish players to let their alertness slide a little against Italy if we did win against England... but that's for another day's talk.

No Championship - No Slam - just one game at a time - England it is.  Big effort needed.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:37 pm

SecretFly wrote:Stamp Out Over Confidence is my campaign of the season.  
And Do Not Jinx the Irish Please is my second campaign...running concurrently.

Concur with the aims, but not with the method! This is the Irish mentality at the moment; dreaming a dream so wonderful yet so fragile, we dare not speak its name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjI7VeIA7ZI
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:40 pm

Who do you prefer Scott or Brent?
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by overlordofthewest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:45 pm

With England playing their first game at home and a belief they can beat anyone there, it's a big ask for any side to go there and come away with the win. Yes this Ireland side is capable of it but England are favourites.
It's probably going to be a close game with only a penalty or yellow card deciding the outcome. I'm struggling with who I want to win, I usually give Ireland my support as a second team but it would be better for wales if we manage to beat France and England beat Ireland it'll be all four of us with one loss.

overlordofthewest

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:50 pm

Why can't you wait for France to beat us? Wink You don't have to get it done so quickly by England...there's time.

Anyway.  I think a low scoring win for Wales would serve our cause - whether it's win or loss against England (both Twikenham teams scoring highly if a loss if must be Wink)

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:53 pm

So we're all decided then that Ireland are favourites for the game at HQ.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:55 pm

No...you are. Home advantage. Slicker team. A team that beat the ABs. Are you kidding me, Scrumpy? The honour is yours Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:56 pm

But you've got POM!

The tag is yours.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Feb 2014, 1:00 pm

Yeah..but if POM gets injured (by a ref for over talking!) then already that's Ireland four players down.
It's a given. England to get to POM (like Dayglo was suggesting for Sexton) and Ireland are down to 11 men.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Thu 13 Feb 2014, 1:20 pm

Its just not worth it from an Irish POV. The costs are just too damm high!!!   Wink 

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/darcy-beard-grand-slam-1309670-Feb2014/

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu 13 Feb 2014, 1:55 pm

at least you still have a Grand Slam thread.
The French nicked ours.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Feb 2014, 1:59 pm

Golden wrote:Its just not worth it from an Irish POV.  The costs are just too damm high!!!   Wink 

It's surely more motivation for the English................ to let us win.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by tomhughesnice Thu 13 Feb 2014, 2:00 pm

Abit early days for Ireland as they have only played home games so far. Still between France, England and Ireland as they are the form teams at the moment.
Personally I think England will edge Ireland at HQ. An Ireland will beat France on the final weekend. So it will come down to points difference between the 3 teams.

tomhughesnice

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 13 Feb 2014, 2:13 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Golden wrote:Its just not worth it from an Irish POV.  The costs are just too damm high!!!   Wink 

Come on Fly (and other Irish fans) Ireland are favourites by a country mile, no contest game over, so lets make it more interesting if Ireland go on and win the slam (as they will) I think you shouldn't shave until they win another one.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Feb 2014, 2:15 pm

He'll be biblical by then surely...we only win one every hundred years or so. More reason to say this is an easy game for England in statistical terms.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 13 Feb 2014, 2:19 pm

Nah, you guys are full of confidence, back to back slams and a RWC final is on the cards if you keep this form up.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu 13 Feb 2014, 2:22 pm

Scrumpy wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Come on Fly (and other Irish fans) Ireland are favourites by a country mile, no contest game over, so lets make it more interesting if Ireland go on and win the slam (as they will) I think you shouldn't shave your armpitsuntil they win another one.
ed

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 13 Feb 2014, 2:55 pm

I concur. What kind of a country is there where a magnificent beard like that is held ransom to the emotion of a grand slam. This is crepe, i won't stand for it.

#SaveTheBeard

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 3:43 pm

If I had to put money on it I would say its probably a little too difficult. To win in France and in England is a tough tough task. When I look at the side I think they are good, but good enough to win both... not so sure.

Better chance next year when they have had a year of Schmidt and both France and England at home.

I think England and France will both tie on 8 points with Ireland on 6 with Wales myself as I fancy Wales to beat France at home. How many points will France put on Scotland and England put on Italy I think will determine the championship.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Thu 13 Feb 2014, 3:56 pm

In truth I don't think ireland will get the grand slam, however if we manage to beat England we're in a great position for a championship. Top of the table and a big points advantage barring a hammering by wales or France and still to play Italy.

I said before the competition started that winning away in France would have to be one of Schmidts main goals. Championship aside I still think it's vital given were in the same rwc pool.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Feb 2014, 4:04 pm

Golden wrote:In truth I don't think ireland will get the grand slam, however if we manage to beat England we're in a great position for a championship. Top of the table and a big points advantage barring a hammering by wales or France and still to play Italy.

I said before the competition started that winning away in France would have to be one of Schmidts main goals. Championship aside I still think it's vital given were in the same rwc pool.

We don't have to play Wales twice?  That's not fair and it's putting obstacles in our way just beccause we're Irish!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Thu 13 Feb 2014, 4:14 pm

I've picked England to take it at hq. Mainly force of recent history where the field isn't exactly level. I'll get a hail of abuse for saying that, I know, but I'm willing to defend my position.

Ireland obviously won't get the platform from multi-phase ball they've enjoyed so far because England are big spoilers in that area - flooding the contact and trying to strangle the game. Ireland will need to shift quick ball from the collisions, they definitely have the advantage out wide as England delusionally (or force of injury?) persist with the likes of Nowell - less effective than Luke Skywalker defending his uncle's farm.

So earning go forward will be tougher. The set piece I have down as advantage Ireland, especially in the last quarter when England's so-so bench will empty.

Ireland's best tactic would be to kick deep to the back three, try to pressure England's line out and make England run from deep. Basically kick and defend for 60 minutes and try to convert pressure to points in any form, before letting loose in the last 20 where England have been proven to be vulnerable.

Ireland also need to use sexton and BoD's short kicking game to turn the English rush defense. Paying attention to the pod system used by both NZ and France to breakdown England might be a useful shout also.

Ireland will need to be better in the second 40 than they were against NZ. Trust each other on defense and keep the faith in their new systems when under pressure.

As I've said I'm picking England by a possibly controversial 7 - but I'd dearly love to be proven wrong on that one.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Thu 13 Feb 2014, 4:17 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Golden wrote:In truth I don't think ireland will get the grand slam, however if we manage to beat England we're in a great position for a championship. Top of the table and a big points advantage barring a hammering by wales or France and still to play Italy.

We don't have to play Wales twice?  That's not fair and it's putting obstacles in our way just beccause we're Irish!

I meant one of wales or France hammering the other thus giving them a high points difference  Very Happy 

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 4:31 pm

To be honest the most important player on the pitch is Dylan Hartley. Not because he is great (he is very very good at the moment) but his replacement Tom Youngs look like he is the son of the chuckle brothers.

He's beyond useless. Was watching the game with some friends on the weekend and we laughed when he came on that, "ok there goes England's lineout.... and 5 mins later he proved it"... its quite simply a farce.

Hartley needs to stay on the pitch for 80 mins. Every min he doesn't it looks more in Ireland's favour.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Thu 13 Feb 2014, 4:34 pm

I am saying nothing till after the England game which I think is our hardest game

If we win that I'll start to believe but it way too earlier to make silly claims about a Grand Slam

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan182 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 4:52 pm

Lads I think we're looking a bit far ahead. Sure, Irelands looks good but England will be favourites and it will be a real test for Ireland.

RugbyFan182

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Feb 2014, 4:58 pm

None of us can go further ahead than the game itself but sometimes the mind will get giddy and go further.  Afterall, the Welsh last year were confident they could go on and get the Championship after a second half of a losing game display!  I remember it - straight after that one game, they were in a great mood, the Championship was on.  It turns out it wasn't bombast - it was true.

I wouldn't begin to think of a Slam or even a Championship yet.... but if the England game is the right result for us... then one or two of them are certainly on.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 13 Feb 2014, 5:19 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:I've picked England to take it at hq. Mainly force of recent history where the field isn't exactly level. I'll get a hail of abuse for saying that, I know, but I'm willing to defend my position.

Ireland obviously won't get the platform from multi-phase ball they've enjoyed so far because England are big spoilers in that area - flooding the contact and trying to strangle the game. Ireland will need to shift quick ball from the collisions, they definitely have the advantage out wide as England delusionally (or force of injury?) persist with the likes of Nowell - less effective than Luke Skywalker defending his uncle's farm.

So earning go forward will be tougher. The set piece I have down as advantage Ireland, especially in the last quarter when England's so-so bench will empty.

Ireland's best tactic would be to kick deep to the back three, try to pressure England's line out and make England run from deep. Basically kick and defend for 60 minutes and try to convert pressure to points in any form, before letting loose in the last 20 where England have been proven to be vulnerable.

Ireland also need to use sexton and BoD's short kicking game to turn the English rush defense. Paying attention to the pod system used by both NZ and France to breakdown England might be a useful shout also.

Ireland will need to be better in the second 40 than they were against NZ. Trust each other on defense and keep the faith in their new systems when under pressure.

As I've said I'm picking England by a possibly controversial 7 - but I'd dearly love to be proven wrong on that one.

Bang on the money GE.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Thu 13 Feb 2014, 5:59 pm

rodders wrote:
GloriousEmpire wrote:I've picked England to take it at hq. Mainly force of recent history where the field isn't exactly level. I'll get a hail of abuse for saying that, I know, but I'm willing to defend my position.

Bang on the money GE.

Not so.

The game plan you describe is all about Ireland.

There is nothing to address how England will win the game. Their pack will have parity at best and i think the experienced Irish pack have greater carriers and a much more useful front row.

England will be lucky to gain parity but i don't expect them to dominate Ireland whatsoever. In the backs, Ireland have real pace and are dangerous from everywhere with a significantly better 9-13 axis.

i believe the game will be won or lost at the breakdown, will be very close and will be won by Sexton's kicking.

This is Ireland's to lose.

How will England defeat them?

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 13 Feb 2014, 9:05 pm

The true Irish speedsters are quite possibly not going to be playing. From what I have seen so far Trimble seems quick enough but nothing like May. As for the Irish centers BOD is quick of mind but slow of body. D'arcy was in great form vs Wales but the aerodynamic drag from that beard means that although he has reasonable acceleration his top speed is poor

As for the 'experienced' Irish pack, well they have been done over twice in a row by England and couldnt even push the English pack around when it was 8 v 7 after Haskell got a yellow card last year. We wont have Corbs - which is a loss - and Cole isnt what he can be but we are as good or better everywhere else than we were last year

And yes Ireland do have great carriers in the pack, but their best one is on the treatment table. Healy is good and a force of nature when he can keep himself under control, which he really didnt manage last year. We also have a 'force of nature' of our own, and he has been making yards against everyone.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 13 Feb 2014, 9:25 pm

Scrumpy wrote:

Pure lies from the OP.
there have been lots of confident posts about how england are going to win the 6N, are the team to beat, are the best team in the tournament.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 13 Feb 2014, 9:28 pm

Want to quote any that clearly aren't a urine take?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 13 Feb 2014, 9:32 pm

Can't be arsed but there have been many.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 13 Feb 2014, 9:46 pm

Ok Hammer - here are a couple from before the French match

I think this game will be easier than most people anticipate. England by around eleven points, two tries to nil, and to make it their third consecutive victory over the French under Lancaster.

One thing's for sure: I don't envy all the the difficult selection choices that Lancster has to make with the insane amount of talent coming through!

The forwards will win England this game. I only really have reservations about Joe Marler in the English pack - other than that, England are fine and should dominate the forwards battle. The greatest referee in the rugby world, Nigel Owens, is officiating this game as well so England will have little problem in asserting their superiority.

England all the way for this one; this Englishman is certainly very confident.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Tiger Thu 13 Feb 2014, 10:06 pm

TJ wrote:Ok Hammer - here are a couple from before the French match

I think this game will be easier than most people anticipate. England by around eleven points, two tries to nil, and to make it their third consecutive victory over the French under Lancaster.

One thing's for sure: I don't envy all the the difficult selection choices that Lancster has to make with the insane amount of talent coming through!

The forwards will win England this game. I only really have reservations about Joe Marler in the English pack - other than that, England are fine and should dominate the forwards battle. The greatest referee in the rugby world, Nigel Owens, is officiating this game as well so England will have little problem in asserting their superiority.

England all the way for this one; this Englishman is certainly very confident.

Struggling to see where he has declared England will do the Slam?

Only thing I can see is a confident post about beating France?
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Feb 2014, 10:08 pm

lostinwales wrote:

As for the 'experienced' Irish pack, well they have been done over twice in a row by England and couldnt even push the English pack around when it was 8 v 7 after Haskell got a yellow card last year. We wont have Corbs - which is a loss - and Cole isnt what he can be but we are as good or better everywhere else than we were last year

And yes Ireland do have great carriers in the pack, but their best one is on the treatment table. Healy is good and a force of nature when he can keep himself under control, which he really didnt manage last year. We also have a 'force of nature' of our own, and he has been making yards against everyone.

Well you talk about last year, which is fair enough, Lost ... but a few things about last year:

1.  It's not this year

2.  Lancaster was already with England.  Kidney was still coaching Ireland.

3.  The score was 6 - 12 (no tries).  Nothing to write home about from either end but we came in second last in the 6N, England came in 2nd.  You have to be scoring higher than that if you're a team in 2nd place form.

4.  Stats.  Ireland won most of them without winning the score one!  (looking back on them it amazes me how we lost  Laugh )
More possession, more territory, more lineouts won, less lineouts lost, more rucks won, more mauls won, less penalties conceded, more line breaks, more ball carries, more defenders beaten, more passes, more runs, more metres made...and we won all our own scrum put-ins, England lost three of theirs.  Plus we lost Zebo and Sexton in the first half.
..... and this is the 2nd last team of last year we're talking about, under a failing coach, running out of patience with him and lacking confidence.

So....................... England won.  No doubt about the score and you can only do what you can do and the conditions were bad.  But that was Ireland playing badly and England on their way to 2nd.  So.... we'll see.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 13 Feb 2014, 11:01 pm

You are welcome to believe you should have won last year. England always looked in control, and they did make Ireland do most of the running in awful conditions.

To be honest, because of the conditions I am expecting last year wont be relevant to what happens this year, but the Irish forwards got nothing out of us then

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Feb 2014, 11:21 pm

Only winners deserve to win.  I didn't say we should have won.... we weren't good enough to win.  The winners score the scores.

My point is that even when we've been quite quite bad in the last few years (inconsistency, players not knowing what the gameplan was supposed to be, fluffed skill-sets, discontent, internal bickering between players blaming lack of loyalty to the jersey etc) we still could do like we did last year and run in better stats all round in a game we lost.

In 2012, we came in third (beneath Wales and England again), and again under the coach that wasn't working and being heavily criticised in the media and here...and we had most points on the board and most tries that year

If we actually get good! (as in 80 minutes intensity rather than the 40 minutes we usually did with Kidney) then we'll be a handful. I guess that's what I mean.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next