The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike Phillips to follow in the footsteps of SBW?

+19
flyhalffactory
fa0019
Barney McGrew did it
majesticimperialman
Sin é
ChequeredJersey
Casartelli
BlueNote
Notch
yappysnap
ScarletSpiderman
westisbest
GunsGerms
doctornickolas
George Carlin
doctor_grey
rodders
SecretFly
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mike Phillips to follow in the footsteps of SBW? - Page 2 Empty Mike Phillips to follow in the footsteps of SBW?

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.espn.co.uk/blogs/rugby/story/214585.html

Always ready to grab the slightest opportunity for self publicity, bookmakers Paddy Power has put up a purse of £60,000 if Mike Phillips will get into a ring with Niall Horan from One Direction.

Maybe the WWRU should sign him up to a central wrestling contract

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Mike Phillips to follow in the footsteps of SBW? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Phillips to follow in the footsteps of SBW?

Post by SecretFly Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:43 am

Well...apart from a couple of dwarf abusers, finger eaters and over-boarders.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Mike Phillips to follow in the footsteps of SBW? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Phillips to follow in the footsteps of SBW?

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:46 am

SecretFly wrote:Well...apart from a couple of dwarf abusers, finger eaters and over-boarders.

And gloaters, and Farrell, and drunken sex-pests and... we could go on. It's unfair to judge players on even a few incidents really. Any stories we hear are often distorted due to the nature of social media, warped by our unethical, awful press or filled with second tellings and chinese whispers and uncertainty, and given the emotions and passion running in games and the lack of context we get from our distant snapshot through a carefully selected cameraman's lens, we really have no clue what most of these players are like most of the time
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:47 am

I have to ask - Why is Liam Williams Sanjay?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:48 am

BamBam wrote:I have to ask - Why is Liam Williams Sanjay?

Apparently he's always been a bit of a wheelie-dealer like some bloke called Sanjay on a Soap Opera, so his teammates called him it. It confused me too as he doesn't look very South Asian to me
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:28 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:

Apparently he's always been a bit of a wheelie-dealer like some bloke called Sanjay on a Soap Opera, so his teammates called him it. It confused me too as he doesn't look very South Asian to me

Hot off the press!!
http://files.pitchero.com/clubs/8440/LiamWilliamsInterview.pdf
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:35 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:

Halfway there. When he was 8, I think, on holiday and got a tan, he looked like said market vender, and picked up the nickname.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:38 am

flyhalffactory wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:

Hot off the press!!

My favourite bit if that interview with Liam Williams:

Interviewer: "what's the silliest thing you've ever bought"

Liam Williams: "I've got a tattoo of Aaron and Steve Shingler's mum's name on my foot - Jeanette. I was on holiday with Steve and boys last year and they all had their girlfriends names tattooed on their bums. I've not got a girlfriend's name but their mum's name. ...it was a bit of a bet"!

Gotta love rugby banter!

Laugh 

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:38 am

flyhalffactory wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:

Hot off the press!!

Dammit, was close with the age.

Love the tattoo of Mrs Shingler's name on his foot.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:12 am

Griff wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:

Hot off the press!!

My favourite bit if that interview with Liam Williams:

Interviewer: "what's the silliest thing you've ever bought"

Liam Williams: "I've got a tattoo of Aaron and Steve Shingler's mum's name on my foot - Jeanette. I was on holiday with Steve and boys last year and they all had their girlfriends names tattooed on their bums. I've not got a girlfriend's name but their mum's name. ...it was a bit of a bet"!

Gotta love rugby banter!

Laugh 

laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:34 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:Amazed pricks isn't censored. Luckily, we English do not have nor ever have had any characters like this in our teams! Wink

Ashton to take the punches and Manu to give them out?

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bachelor Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:04 am

How would our Scottish posters feel about Scott Johnson vs Alex Salmond on the undercard? O-(';'Q)

The Bachelor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2