The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cyber self harm? Any personal experience?

+2
dyrewolfe
grayday57
6 posters

Go down

Cyber self harm? Any personal experience? Empty Cyber self harm? Any personal experience?

Post by grayday57 Mon 17 Feb 2014, 1:48 pm

I would like to know more about cyber self harm. Is there anyone out there willing to share their personal experience?

grayday57

Back to top Go down

Cyber self harm? Any personal experience? Empty Re: Cyber self harm? Any personal experience?

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 17 Feb 2014, 1:54 pm

Excuse me?  Erm Shocked 
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Cyber self harm? Any personal experience? Empty Re: Cyber self harm? Any personal experience?

Post by grayday57 Mon 17 Feb 2014, 2:00 pm

There have been cases recently where people have been cyberbullying themselves under another name. There was a 14 year old girl who committed suicide as a result of trolling in august. Later they discovered that most of the nasty comments were actually sent from herself. I just wanted to know if any body else has information on it or any personal experience.

grayday57

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Feb 2014, 2:33 pm

Posted a topic on this a while back and it seems to have disappeared. Wonder where and wonder why.

Seems there are kids (and quite possibly adults) posting pictures/videos of themselves self harming and requesting that people comment on and in some cases "like" what they see. One girl was supposedly taking requests from her new "friends" in the belief that any attention was better than none at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 17 Feb 2014, 2:50 pm

I saw that topic about half an hour ago Dave!

Now it's removed...

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Feb 2014, 3:10 pm

grayday57 wrote:There have been cases recently where people have been cyberbullying themselves under another name. There was a 14 year old girl who committed suicide as a result of trolling in august. Later they discovered that most of the nasty comments were actually sent from herself. I just wanted to know if any body else has information on it or any personal experience.

Terrible thing an obviously low self esteemed girl doing that.........I do think Parents should take an interest in what their children are doing on the net and who they are conversing with....

God only knows what the Parents are going through............The world can be a tough place........

Knew one guy who years after his son killed himself would start laughing at a comment or a joke you made and then stop himself quickly.........When asked he said it was because his son killed himself so he doesn't deserve to be enjoying himself.... This was years after..

Used to be able to half protect your family from the outside world..Now it seems you have to try to protect it from the inside one as well..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 17 Feb 2014, 4:41 pm

Think parents need to be looking at some pretty tough net filters for home computers and similar for smartphones.

Has grayday had a post deleted? Says three but he's only got 2. Maybe on Dave's thread?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 17 Feb 2014, 4:43 pm

Dave's thread which was deleted for no reason!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 17 Feb 2014, 4:58 pm

I had to step in on that one, sorry

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 17 Feb 2014, 5:07 pm

Boooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:57 pm

grayday57 wrote:There have been cases recently where people have been cyberbullying themselves under another name. There was a 14 year old girl who committed suicide as a result of trolling in august. Later they discovered that most of the nasty comments were actually sent from herself. I just wanted to know if any body else has information on it or any personal experience.

Yeah - its been in the news recently. Not sure if it was the case you're referring to or a similar one. Think the one I read about was a 17-year old girl.

Really tragic. Low self-esteem / personal issues and internet social media forums are a really bad mix.

Trolling yourself under aliases is messed up enough, but its quite disgusting, the number of sick-minded individuals out there who will actually encourage obviously-troubled people to self-harm or even suicide.

Still curious as to why you want information or people to share personal experiences. Seems rather messed up to me.

Saddest thing for me is that all most of these people need is talk through their problems with someone (friends or family - someone they can really trust), but people in their situation ususally feel isolated and that there is no-one they can talk to.

Only so much the likes of the NSPCC and Samaritans can do.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 1:25 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:

Yeah - its been in the news recently. Not sure if it was the case you're referring to or a similar one. Think the one I read about was a 17-year old girl.

Really tragic. Low self-esteem / personal issues and internet social media forums are a really bad mix.

Trolling yourself under aliases is messed up enough, but its quite disgusting, the number of sick-minded individuals out there who will actually encourage obviously-troubled people to self-harm or even suicide.

Still curious as to why you want information or people to share personal experiences. Seems rather messed up to me.

Saddest thing for me is that all most of these people need is talk through their problems with someone (friends or family - someone they can really trust), but people in their situation ususally feel isolated and that there is no-one they can talk to.

Only so much the likes of the NSPCC and Samaritans can do.
I'd suggest finding an online forum/support group but I fear that might just be making the problem worse.

I haven't thought it through

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down