The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sol Campbell book disgrace.

+2
Kay Fabe
skyeman
6 posters

Go down

Sol Campbell book disgrace. Empty Sol Campbell book disgrace.

Post by skyeman Mon 03 Mar 2014, 10:14 pm

Using a deliberate low card for his personal gain.

How low can some people go for ££££.

Ruined my opinion of him now.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Sol Campbell book disgrace. Empty Re: Sol Campbell book disgrace.

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 04 Mar 2014, 1:34 am

When I first heard it I thought he was bonkers but when I thought about it then if he truly did feel that way then why shouldn't he be entitled to come out and say it.

I don't think nhe stood a chance of being a regular captain of England as the two guys in that role during his time whete Shearer and Beckham, no doubts that perhaps Beckham wasn't the best choice as skipper but Sven Goran Erikson absolutely adored him and worshipped the ground he walked so him being Captain was a gimme....If he's talking about individual matches then there was odd games where he might have been more suitable, European Player of the Year Michael Owen leading England out at Anfield though does have logic behind it too though.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 04 Mar 2014, 10:16 am

If he felt it, he certainly waited until a gr£at tim£ to bring it up.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 04 Mar 2014, 7:25 pm

sven loved Beckham as captain as he took most of the media attention away from himself, never thought sven was truly comfortable in front of the cameras. before becks it was pretty unheard of that the england captain was in front of the cameras more than the manager

as to campbell comments, they just come across as very bitter and very cynical in there timing

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 04 Mar 2014, 7:30 pm

Beckhams performance against Greece fully justified his position as captain, he was the most committed and proud player in the team at that point before which it was Shearer preceded by Adams. The thing is Campbell wasn't even the senior centre back in the side, despite have a few years on Ferdinand, it was Rio who led from the front.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Wellington Wed 30 Apr 2014, 9:49 pm

Played the race card again has our dear Sulzeer for some publicity for his book.
Paul Merson said he was quiet as a mouse at Arsenal.
Was never going to be picked over Adams or Shearer as they were true leaders and senior players, Beckham actually was a very good captain and also the most marketable footballer on planet Earth.
After that the team was looking to the future with Terry or Gerrard the next on the list (again true leaders).
He had 3 caps as captain, which I think was fair.

Wellington

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down