The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

''I'll make you famous''

+3
ShahenshahG
kingraf
ONETWOFOREVER
7 posters

Go down

''I'll make you famous'' Empty ''I'll make you famous''

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 08 Mar 2014, 5:27 am

Amir Khan interview with the always beautiful Michelle Joy Phelps where he talks about the following....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWZhVsFlUI8

khan puts MAJOR importance on the Floyd Mayweather poll and the outcome

Floyd knows I am the best fight out there for him

I am in the same position as Manny Pacquaio with Floyd using my name with no intention of fighting me. Me and Pac have been avoided by Myweather.

If Floyd fights me IT WILL GIVE HIM WORLDWIDE FAME

Fighting me will ensure Floyd will become a household name in countries like.....PAKISTAN who have 200 million population (and can'T afford a telly let alone PPV) INDIA UAE.....

Maidana has never fought on PPV you need someone like me who is fun and has charisma to sell PPV

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

''I'll make you famous'' Empty Re: ''I'll make you famous''

Post by kingraf Sat 08 Mar 2014, 5:54 am

Tell you what - he may be onto something with that penultimate paragraph. Not sure it makes Floyd any more money - but there's some element of truth.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 08 Mar 2014, 11:52 am

Pakistan might not have PPV but they are willing to shell out big money for football, hockey, Squash, Tennis, snooker and cricket. A fighter with Pakistani heritage fighting the best fighter in the world might actually work.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Sat 08 Mar 2014, 6:32 pm

Shah, don't think the highest earning sportsman on the planet gives two hoots about increasing his fame overseas in a market that isn't wouldn't invest a penny if he were to fight Khan.

Khan just needs to accept he isn't actually any kind of draw in America until he fights someone of a decent stature and beats them, so far you couldn't give Khan the label of fighting a known name over there and beating them. His two biggest fights are losses, one an embarrassing chicken dance knockout.

He hasn't been ducked or avoided, it's that he brings nothing to the table as the backlash to the mere suggestion of him getting the fight was met with vitriol. Doesn't deserve, warrant a shot and everyone knows it wouldn't be competitive in the slightest. A guy who at 147 can bang a little bit and is massively accurate vs a guy who can't take a punch and gets countered by demonic counter punching technical geniuses like Garcia... I know who wins.

At least Maidana has earned his shot, same victor albeit Maidana has a chin so will at least keep marching forwards rather than getting sparked inside 3

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 08 Mar 2014, 9:47 pm

Until Khan fights someone of decent stature and beats them?

Okay....

Zab Judah....knocked him out within 6 rounds stateside, something Garcia and Floyd failed to do. (Judah made Danny struggle late on as well)

Malignaggi... Dominated and stopped him in his own back yard. Has since gone on to knock out Senchenko and in some peoples eyes beat Broner.

And finally, and most ironic, Marcos Maidana. Beat him when he was flying high at LWW. Knocked him down in the first round and nearly stopped him. Apart from the tenth round struggle, he dominated with speed and combinations.

So Izzi, there is 3 fights in the US against, id say, big names.

funnily enough, one of those names is fighting Mayweather.....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Sun 09 Mar 2014, 9:35 am

Maidana wasn't a name when they fought. Fact.

Malignaggi had been smashed to pieces by Hatton and was considered gone and a mere gate holder. Fact.

Judah. Hasn't won a big fight in years and was the above gate holder. Fact.

None were rated or being near to being the man at the weight. Fact.

Lest we forget Khan is 2-2 and could easily have been 1-3 if he wasn't fighting at home against Diaz. Recent record is pony.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 09 Mar 2014, 10:29 am

Izzi doesn't like amir FACT

Criticisms of his recent performances are fair. But:

maidana was a well known and feared banger when khan fought him. A dangerous opponent, especially for 'chinny' khan.

Malignaggi was coming off a win over juan diaz, and followed it with a run of good form.

Judah, had beaten (close, controversial but not the robbery some suggest) matthysse and followed up his battering from khan by giving Garcia A tough time.

None were THE men at their weight. All were genuine contenders and very good wins. As was the kotelnik win.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 09 Mar 2014, 10:56 am

Spot on Milky, it's easy to overlook that Judah was a fair power puncher himself, his knockout of Mabuza in the preceding fight was a thing of beauty.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down