The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2014 World Cup T20 Live Matches Thread

+32
ShankyCricket
CaledonianCraig
kiakahaaotearoa
brennomac
shivfan
Liam
Gerry SA
Mad for Chelsea
Biltong
Fernando
Corporalhumblebucket
kingraf
KP_fan
mystiroakey
skyeman
Pal Joey
Good Golly I'm Olly
GSC
subhranshu.kumar.5
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Hoggy_Bear
alfie
atletico86
jimbohammers
Barney92
guildfordbat
LeinsterFan4life
JDizzle
electronaut
sportform
VTR
Dorothy_Mantooth
36 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

2014 World Cup T20 Live Matches Thread - Page 9 Empty 2014 World Cup T20 Live Matches Thread

Post by KP_fan Mon 17 Mar 2014, 12:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

World T20 has started again...seems  like a few months back WI won it........
I think this will be turned into a 4 year event...and rightly so.

so far:

--BD beat Afghanistan........avenging their Asia cup defeat...and BD were talking up the win as if it's an achievement......well maybe it is...shows where they have set their bar or expectations. I can't be excited watching or following such a game.

--Nepal beat Hongkong.......is this a surprise ?...I have no clue where / how either of these teams stand?....and no interest either.

--and the big upset IRE beat Zim off the last ball...and that too without their stars Morgan and Boyd Rankin Wink
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

2014 World Cup T20 Live Matches Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 2014 World Cup T20 Live Matches Thread

Post by Pal Joey Sat 29 Mar 2014, 5:43 pm

Hopefully NZ can join SA in the semis.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

2014 World Cup T20 Live Matches Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 2014 World Cup T20 Live Matches Thread

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 29 Mar 2014, 6:44 pm

Holland will beat England anyway. You heard it here first.

NZ to beat Sri Lanka to join SA in the knockouts.

Not quite ready to join the real world yet...

If those predictions come true though I will herald myself the predictor king. If common sense prevails they will justifiably be laughed at.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 29 Mar 2014, 6:54 pm

You really have to wonder what the selectors have been up to with the continued selection of JD.  They probably took to the guy for "death" bowling in T20 because he was not lacking in self confidence and had some success with his slower ball. But it has been obvious for a long time that he is not internationbal standard in ODIs, with his economy rate persistently very poor.  It has also become clear for not quite so long but still some considerable time that he is psychologically vulnerable in the intense cauldron of internationalT20.

He probably can still do a job for Surrey in domestic T20 but he is going to need some form of rehab first!

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 29 Mar 2014, 7:43 pm

still imprsssive performance from england imo.

two scores of 190 plus and a 172 and only really went out on a bad DL system for this shorter format.

We are out but cant be gutted watching some of our batting.

Obviously the JD selction thing seems completely insane still- just as the wright selection also did. But anyway. onwards and upwards in the real formats

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 29 Mar 2014, 8:44 pm

Yes the batting was a huge positive, big scores in all the games so far and without Root who is a very underrated player in this format for us

The bowling and fielding are obvious issues, Bresnan and Dernbach should never see the field in a T20 international again as far as I'm concerned. Treadwell bowled well as per usual and Jordan showed flashes. Not a fan of Broad "hiding" in the middle overs, would rather he bowled up front as he is a genuine wicket taker
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 30 Mar 2014, 10:51 am

As far as three run wins go, that was pretty comfortable. 24 needed off the final over... Only four off the first three balls of it. Once the improbability became an impossibility - Steyn phoned on his last three balls, down nearly 20kph... He even threw a little fistpump having gone for four off the penultimate ball.

MfC - interesting that you saw the difference as Dernbach's extra ball... when an incorrect no ball call cost us a wicket, a six free hit (when we should have had a new batter in), and a boundary off the extra ball.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 30 Mar 2014, 11:04 am

kingraf you won- but there was nothing better about your team in the slightest. bar off course our stupid selection policy of dernbach.

Well played by the way- Hope you go on to win.. Good luck

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 30 Mar 2014, 11:10 am

Well I did watch the games ...even the last few overs of the Sri Lanka one due to fortuitously waking up at the right time ! Didn't come on here as i had some internet difficulties  , but am ready to make some comments after the exit :
Sorry to see England go out early after what I think was a pretty spirited effort. Bit unlucky with the NZ game ...might have gone either way ; but the five over thing was a joke , giving them no chance. No matter , as I doubt they could have got through two knock out games - though would have been fun to try.

But in terms of lessons. , and looking forward :

Firstly , in spite of many gloomy predictions , the absence of Kevin Pietersen had little impact. The batsmen , by and large , did their job ( despite a bowler heavy lineup in a vain attempt to compensate for a lack of quality with overwhelming quantity) , so KP was really not missed. In this format anyway : we will talk later about Test Matches.
Buttler remains a work in progress. Right now I'd sooner have Bairstow in the Test side ...but the best option would be a back in form Prior. Better behind the stumps , more likely to score. But no higher than seven, thanks.
The great pity is that Hales seems unable to add sufficient defensive skills to his game to do a Warner and move up to the long game : what a top order option he would be if he could transfer those scoring skills !
Jury still out on Ali.
Morgan a Test recall ?  Wouldn't be my choice , though a limited over captaincy job might suit.  With a 50 over World Cup on the horizon that option might be considered...

Bowling another story.  Swann was missed as  KP wasn't .  And that looks like an ongoing theme in all formats.
Tredwell is steady enough , but like most other options he seems to me a slow bowler rather than a spinner. Which is why I want work put into Borthwick : England need someone who actually spins the ball.

Derbach just isn't good enough.  End of.

Jordan has a future.  Bresnan , with Broad remain options. But a rested Anderson will be needed for next year.  A rehabilitated Finn would be nice...

Rebuilding under way. But those early season games need to provide some new options , especially in the bowling department.

Last edited by alfie on Sun 30 Mar 2014, 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add.)

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 30 Mar 2014, 11:16 am

We have the leading wicket taker... and Steyn...

The game was over as a contest in the penultimate over, and only got close once it was mathematically impossible for you to win.

Can't see us winning - If, as I suspect, Windies, India, and SL sneak through... we are clearly fourth banana... with the caveat that if AB is on... there's absolutely nothing any bowler in the world can do... In the same vein, if Steyn is on - really on a different planet to anyone not named Malinga. We've won our last three matches by single digit figures... so I'm becoming a lot more confident in our ability to not choke.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 30 Mar 2014, 11:20 am

i suppose that is a plus isnt it- Losing the choking tag and coming across the line in 3 games

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 30 Mar 2014, 11:27 am

It's a bit of a temporary reprieve, isn't it? Whether we lose the semi by 2 runs or 50, wed have choked. But yeah, it is a great feeling to sneak close games.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 30 Mar 2014, 11:31 am

I still beleive T20 has a far to big element of luck to it.

Yes you can bowl in the right areas, yes you can use technique to batting, but at the end of the day if you come to the slogging element of the game a dropped catch can make all the difference in the match, a mishit, an edge four four, all those factors have an element of luck to it.

The reality is in such a short format you really only need two batsmen to come off and the match is won.

As the Netherlands have shown against us, when a minnow team is on song and a test nation is struggling for form, it is anyones game on the day.

Very few teams perform consistently in T20
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 30 Mar 2014, 11:36 am

Spot on , Biltong.

Whoever actually wins the thing will have earned it , by virtue of having enough consistency to first get to the final and then getting it right. But whoever it is will privately acknowledge some luck at the right time...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 30 Mar 2014, 11:44 am

alfie wrote:

... Rebuilding under way ...

Alfie - a good and thoughtful post. One question - have you seen enough to say either way whether the rebuilding should continue under Giles?

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 30 Mar 2014, 11:45 am

kingraf wrote:As far as three run wins go, that was pretty comfortable. 24 needed off the final over... Only four off the first three balls of it. Once the improbability became an impossibility - Steyn phoned on his last three balls, down nearly 20kph... He even threw a little fistpump having gone for four off the penultimate ball.

MfC - interesting that you saw the difference as Dernbach's extra ball... when an incorrect no ball call cost us a wicket, a six free hit (when we should have had a new batter in), and a boundary off the extra ball.

Wasn't that comfortable , kingraf ...a big penultimate over , had it happened , would have made the last (Steyn) over pretty tense. Granted he just concentrated on not bowling a wide in the last few balls , but the fact that they all disappeared showed that anyone can be hit in these games.
But SA deserved the win , and took wickets regularly enough that they were always a little bit ahead in the game. They aren't out of the chances to win the thing outright , though they wouldn't be my tip.

The crucial point in the match , by the way , was actually quite early , I think ; the easy stumping Buttler missed to reprieve Amla.
Parnell doesn't seem to be getting enough credit . I reckon he won the game for SA . I rate him.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 30 Mar 2014, 11:57 am

guildfordbat wrote:
alfie wrote:

... Rebuilding under way ...

Alfie - a good and thoughtful post. One question - have you seen enough to say either way whether the rebuilding should continue under Giles?

Not enough to be conclusive , perhaps. But enough to say I'd like to see him given the job so he can continue what he's started , free of baggage and uncertainty.
It may not work. But I see no magic wand alternative , and Giles strikes me as a man who thinks about the game , and may have the capacity to get results. Maybe not overnight , but with a bit of time to work. I think he deserves a chance to try , at a time when the immediate goals might be set a little lower than they were a year or two ago.
At least if he has unrestricted choice of players for a few matches - something he has virtually never had so far - we can measure his performance more fairly , no ?

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 30 Mar 2014, 11:59 am

Alfie - he's entire spell was 90-92 mph.... His last three, when barring an extra ball, the game was safe, were 78-82mph... Same as the South Africa-Sri Lanka game... the fact that Malinga went for a six once the game was effectively over, doesn't make me oblivious to the fact that it meant nothing.

I actually think Tahir won us the game. He bowled a fantastic spell, as a leg-spinner, in those conditions... 2-27 was fantastic.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 30 Mar 2014, 12:09 pm

Alfie - as you suggest, expectations on the England international front have certainly reduced over the last few months which should give ''the new man in charge'' some vital settling in time.

Pietersen partially turning his back on the English county game and opting for the lure of the Caribbean Premier League should also reduce the clamour for his recall and prove less of a distraction.

I'm not a great fan of Giles and would prefer a different appointment but accept there is ''no magic wand alternative''.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 30 Mar 2014, 12:31 pm

kingraf wrote:Alfie - he's entire spell was 90-92 mph.... His last three, when barring an extra ball, the game was safe, were 78-82mph... Same as the South Africa-Sri Lanka game... the fact that Malinga went for a six once the game was effectively over, doesn't make me oblivious to the fact that it meant nothing.

I actually think Tahir won us the game. He bowled a fantastic spell, as a leg-spinner, in those conditions... 2-27 was fantastic.
Yes , Tahir was good too. Handled the wet ball very well. Seems better suited to this stuff than Tests...

Not quite agreeing with you re Ace Bowlers at the Death. Yes they take their foot off when the game is over...but I maintain they can be hit like anyone else when someone just says to hell with it and swings....provided the gods are with the batsman. So I always regard a last over target as "tight" if it is , say , twelve or less , whoever is bowling.
Which is not to say I wouldn't rather have Steyn or Malinga to bowl it for me than Dernbach  Smile 

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 30 Mar 2014, 12:47 pm

Fair enough - but you didn't need 12, you needed double that. England needed 64 runs in the last five overs - 16 of those came when the game was dead... they scored a quarter of the required runs in the last five overs, AFTER the game was safe. For me that makes it as comfortable a three run win as you can get
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 30 Mar 2014, 12:56 pm

kingraf wrote:Fair enough - but you didn't need 12, you needed double that. England needed 64 runs in the last five overs - 16 of those came when the game was dead... they scored a quarter of the required runs in the last five overs, AFTER the game was safe. For me that makes it as comfortable a three run win as you can get

Not really arguing that point , kingraf  Smile  It wasn't really a three run win ...it was a "game effectively won with one over to go ".

But that still makes it a fairly close game , if you see what I mean... Not that it matters - it was entertaining. As I hope will be the semifinals etc...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 30 Mar 2014, 2:34 pm

Fair enough - I'm just happy we crossed the line victorious. Not even a month ago we were getting rolled over by Hogg and Hodge, so to be two matches away from the whole thing is huge
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 30 Mar 2014, 2:49 pm

Biltong wrote:I still beleive T20 has a far to big element of luck to it.

Yes you can bowl in the right areas, yes you can use technique to batting, but at the end of the day if you come to the slogging element of the game a dropped catch can make all the difference in the match, a mishit, an edge four four, all those factors have an element of luck to it.

The reality is in such a short format you really only need two batsmen to come off and the match is won.

As the Netherlands have shown against us, when a minnow team is on song and a test nation is struggling for form, it is anyones game on the day.

Very few teams perform consistently in T20

Spot on Biltong. Sorry but T20 and even ODI's strike me in the same way. I much prefer the strategy, patience, graft, concentration and all round game needed to succeed in test cricket. Sadly now though I get the feeling that test cricket is becoming secondary.  Crying or Very sad 
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 30 Mar 2014, 2:57 pm

Speak for yourself Craig.
Test cricket is primary mun... ODIs secondary and this is the tertiary stuff.  Smile 

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 30 Mar 2014, 2:58 pm

I think at some stage, those fears were warranted, but this summer proved Test cricket has life in it yet. The Ashes was a near sell out, S.A. vs Aus had more sell out days then not, even New Zealand had decent enough crowds for the India series.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 30 Mar 2014, 3:03 pm

Not so sure about the sell-outs in SA, Raf. Way too many empty seats in such small grounds. Considering everything hinged on that last Test - Newlands should have been packed to the rafters. It wasn't. Hardly anyone there to see Kallis and Smith's last innings too. I thought they deserved much better crowds for their farewell innings.

Things are healthy in Australia though. 1.25 million passed through the gates this summer. Fantastic atmosphere at cricket matches here.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/cricket/cricket-australia-says-a-new-attendance-record-for-domestic-cricket-is-about-to-be-set/story-fni2fnmo-1226804405324

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 30 Mar 2014, 3:19 pm

Newlands was sold out days 1-4, Centurion was sold out for the weekend. PE was apparently sold out for two of five days.

TBH I'm not even sure his Newlands' ticket system works - Every Test they've ever had has come close to sold out, and yet I always see thousands of empty seats... maybe there's an extremely large amount of corporate tickets, don't know. But it's not a lack of interest on the streets.

The Kallis match was a shame, as tickets were free on the final day, and they still couldn't half fill the ground... but the truth is
1) Durban sucks (the Boxing day tests will now be held in PE)
2) Kallis retired too close to the game people who weren't in Durban to make arrangements.
3) People were protesting against the BCCI's bullying tactics with their wallets.

I can't explain why sold out Tests have so many empty seats - I got to the Centurion test late - There was literally thousands of people being turned away at the stadium because there were no tickets - and yet the only stand there was half full... maybe we've grown tired of losing to you lot, so even after having bought the tickets, we still won't come to watch a beating?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 30 Mar 2014, 3:29 pm

kingraf wrote:I think at some stage, those fears were warranted, but this summer proved Test cricket has life in it yet. The Ashes was a near sell out, S.A. vs Aus had more sell out days then not, even New Zealand had decent enough crowds for the India series.

Test crcikct is still huge in England win or lose. If we had stuffed Aus again , then it might have taken a turn.

Aus and Eng are the two key teams in keeping Test alive . SA also off course also do there bit.

As long as us 3 still want it. It stays the prime format.

Thank Gawd

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 30 Mar 2014, 3:36 pm

Maybe there are all hanging out in the bars, Raf?  Laugh 

It's a pity if people with tickets don't turn up at the game. It happens a little bit here too... but not in such large numbers. They have a confirmation system at some events so if you don't lock it in they can offer your ticket(s) to others.

I guess it was similar in the previous Ashes - attendances dropped and the Barmy Army had a majority of spectators for the first (and hopefully only) time in Australian cricketing history.

Interesting match here. India starting to let loose after a slowish start. Strange - with Australia out and with nothing to lose the pressure seems to be off at the moment. It must be hard for India, on the other hand, being safe and secure into the semis and under no pressure as well it seems. Not worth busting your guts for a dead rubber but they'd want to keep their form hot in the run home to the finals. Long way to go still in this match.

102/4 after 15 overs.
They should open up now and head towards a score of 150+... maybe 175 or more?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 30 Mar 2014, 3:43 pm

160-ish
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 30 Mar 2014, 3:46 pm

or 190, lol...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 30 Mar 2014, 3:51 pm

still back 160
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 30 Mar 2014, 3:53 pm

well I had given up on yuvraj..case of terminal decline...
he has proven me wrong...

what an onslaught from a sluggish start
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 30 Mar 2014, 3:56 pm

There have been some huge last 3 overs of late hasn't there? Everyone smashing everybody else's bowlers out of the park... and some very close high scoring finishes. Must be demoralising for a bowler at the death.

I think Starc was psychologically damaged by the Windies the other night. You can see it in his face now. He's wishing he was somewhere else. In retrospect - probably an unwise move to throw him back into the International fire after such a long time out.

... and as soon as I say that; he takes a consolation wicket. One MS Dhoni.  Wink

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 30 Mar 2014, 4:07 pm

Off by one run!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 30 Mar 2014, 4:10 pm

and Aus pull it back......a par score goiven all T20s...slightly above par...should India hold their bowling form.

Aus has to play spin well....3 specilaits and 2 part-timers that India has.

Indian spinners have to bowl well.....it's simple
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 30 Mar 2014, 4:11 pm

I tipped India by 18 runs... so Australia won't get past 141.  Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 30 Mar 2014, 4:31 pm

Meanwhile.... the England women are having what looks like a leisurely stroll towards victory over Sri Lanka... 38 to win with 10 wickets in hand and 11 overs left.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 30 Mar 2014, 4:40 pm

seamers are getting the ball to move appreciably off the seam...and dhoni standing up.
It's like facing spin bowling at 132kph
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 30 Mar 2014, 4:47 pm

can't understand why with 3 specialist spinners.......Dhoni is bowling Raina
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 30 Mar 2014, 5:02 pm

Aus are going in a hurry........and with a touch of " don't care of consequences"
hence they are throwing the bat almost every ball instead of blending some caution with a lot of agression
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 30 Mar 2014, 5:06 pm

England women beat Sri Lanka by 7 wickets with 4 overs to spare.   clap Through to the semi finals

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 30 Mar 2014, 8:00 pm

the less "less motivated" of the two teams won today
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 30 Mar 2014, 11:27 pm

Lucky I went to bed when I did... just after Maxwell's silly reverse sweep onto his stumps. Massive crumble.

I put Australia's poor performance down to lack of concentration, poor application, arrogance, bad lighting, the wrong footware, fatigue and general uselessness whilst playing in the sub-continent again.  Smile 

Congrats KP_f. Wishing India well for the rest of the competition.  OK 

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 31 Mar 2014, 6:42 am

alfie wrote:Well I did watch the games ...even the last few overs of the Sri Lanka one due to fortuitously waking up at the right time ! Didn't come on here as i had some internet difficulties  , but am ready to make some comments after the exit :
Sorry to see England go out early after what I think was a pretty spirited effort. Bit unlucky with the NZ game ...might have gone either way ; but the five over thing was a joke , giving them no chance. No matter , as I doubt they could have got through two knock out games - though would have been fun to try.

But in terms of lessons. , and looking forward :

Firstly , in spite of many gloomy predictions , the absence of Kevin Pietersen had little impact. The batsmen , by and large , did their job ( despite a bowler heavy lineup in a vain attempt to compensate for a lack of quality with overwhelming quantity) , so KP was really not missed. In this format anyway : we will talk later about Test Matches.
Buttler remains a work in progress. Right now I'd sooner have Bairstow in the Test side ...but the best option would be a back in form Prior. Better behind the stumps , more likely to score. But no higher than seven, thanks.
The great pity is that Hales seems unable to add sufficient defensive skills to his game to do a Warner and move up to the long game : what a top order option he would be if he could transfer those scoring skills !
Jury still out on Ali.
Morgan a Test recall ?  Wouldn't be my choice , though a limited over captaincy job might suit.  With a 50 over World Cup on the horizon that option might be considered...

Bowling another story.  Swann was missed as  KP wasn't .  And that looks like an ongoing theme in all formats.
Tredwell is steady enough , but like most other options he seems to me a slow bowler rather than a spinner. Which is why I want work put into Borthwick : England need someone who actually spins the ball.

Derbach just isn't good enough.  End of.

Jordan has a future.  Bresnan , with Broad remain options. But a rested Anderson will be needed for next year.  A rehabilitated Finn would be nice...

Rebuilding under way. But those early season games need to provide some new options , especially in the bowling department.
Care to remind me how your lovechild is any better than Dirtbag? Slightly better E/R but more than made up by a far worse average and SR. Both are equally woeful.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 31 Mar 2014, 6:46 am

Bresnan averages 37 with the ball in T20Is (a format in which you bowl 24 balls) and thats a poor average even in Tests. Eco Rate of 8.07 is not befitting of the "reliable" tag either. But even if he gets for six every ball he bowls for the rest of his career, alfie will come and give excuses for him  picard 

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 31 Mar 2014, 6:47 am

Bresnan's ODI average and SR are worse than Ishant Sharma and the ER is similar. He is a WOEFUL limited overs bowler. Anyone thinking otherwise should be barred from watching the sport.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by shivfan Mon 31 Mar 2014, 12:54 pm

Linebreaker wrote:Lucky I went to bed when I did... just after Maxwell's silly reverse sweep onto his stumps. Massive crumble.

I put Australia's poor performance down to lack of concentration, poor application, arrogance, bad lighting, the wrong footware, fatigue and general uselessness whilst playing in the sub-continent again.  Smile 

Congrats KP_f. Wishing India well for the rest of the competition.  OK 
Australia's demise was the biggest surprise to me...I think it could be down to the bowling attack. If the tournament was held Down Under, I think the Aussies would've done well, but this bowling attack is not the best in the Subcontinent. You need Bopara-Santokie style dibbly-dobblers, and unorthodox spinners to bowl well on Subcontinent pitches.

But once again, it takes T20 skills to do well in this tournament....

We see India easily strolling thru the fixtures, thanks to the fact that their players have honed their skills in the IPL. South Africa have qualified from the weaker group, and they have some good T20 players in their team, though they're a bit hit-and-miss.

Sri Lanka and the Kiwis, who both have good T20 sides, will play a virtual quarter-final today, and tomorrow WI and Pakistan do the same. All four of these teams have good T20 sides.

It's really no surprise that England are not in the mix, like these teams. For those who think that T20 cricket is lottery, well then, they have clearly been unlucky with their ticket purchases! The sooner the ECB, England fans, and England cricketers realise that T20 cricket involves a specialist set of skills, then England will join the rest of the party....
shivfan
shivfan

http://www.cricket-match-special.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Mon 31 Mar 2014, 1:15 pm

Diabolical from England today. The big positive is there is no way in the world the "yes man" Ashley Giles can be appointed coach now.

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 31 Mar 2014, 1:43 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Holland will beat England anyway. You heard it here first.

NZ to beat Sri Lanka to join SA in the knockouts.

Not quite ready to join the real world yet...

If those predictions come true though I will herald myself the predictor king. If common sense prevails they will justifiably be laughed at.

Come and milk the first bit of applause then, predictor king!  steam clap 

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next