The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Perfect Wrestler

+6
Dolphin Ziggler
Adam D
Looseheaded
Dr Gregory House MD
crippledtart
TopoftheChops
10 posters

Go down

The Perfect Wrestler Empty The Perfect Wrestler

Post by crippledtart Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:39 pm

What would be your perfect wrestler?

Tonight on the podcast we attempted to create the perfect wrestler from six categories: promos, in-ring work, charisma, look, gimmick/personality and mass appeal.

The rules are that you can't select anybody twice, and you can only choose active wrestlers. (CM Punk is allowed as he is technically still a wrestler, but The Rock, Steve Austin, Paul Heyman and Hulk Hogan are not).

Who would you select in each category?

You can listen to tonight's show at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-03-21T13_31_12-07_00

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

The Perfect Wrestler Empty Re: The Perfect Wrestler

Post by TopoftheChops Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:55 pm

Promos: Punk
In ring work:Bryan
Charisma: Wyatt
Look: Cesaro
Personality/gimmick: HHH
Mass appeal: Cena

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:03 pm

I'm deliberately doing this before I listen to the podcast so my decisions aren't influenced, also I'm assuming that these character traits are supposed to build up to a consistent wrestler and not just a jumble of who we think does what best.

Promos: CM Punk- Few promos can match this guy, the few I can think of Ambrose, Wyatt, Bully Ray, obviously work much better as heels, where as Punk has proven he can do both at a top level.

In ring work: Hiroshi Tanahashi- Really it's between him and Bryan as #1/2 best wrestlers in the world, I'd given the nod to Tanahashi as a) He's a more heavyweight style of worker b) he does wrestle long, big show, main event standard matches on a more consistant basis than Bryan, though in fairness he's given more to work with c) I'm using Bryan in another category.

Charisma: Brock Lesnar- the guy has the aura and intensity of a bonafide killer, he's like Ken Shamrock x100.

Look: Roman Reigns- The guy looks cool, looks like a star, looks like he could work as a top babyface or a top heel, looks like a legit killer, and I want to sleep with him, what more could you want?

Personality/gimmick: Kurt Angle- I found this quite hard given the type of wrestler I'm trying to build, nods to the likes of Wyatt who has my favourite gimmick going at the moment, but I think serious wrestling machine Angle works best with what I'm trying to build here.

Mass appeal: Daniel Bryan- He's over with kids, adults, smarks and general fans alike, his popularity has gone against all WWE sterotypes and it looks like he's away to have a mania built around him, plus he the fact he's able to ship such hideous merch is a testament in itself.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:11 pm

Funny comment about Bryan - didn't Bruce Mitchell say something similar about his merch when I interviewed him? (I may be imagining this).

I like both of these, and you'll find we don't differ too much.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:27 pm

I don't remember if anything was said during that interview, but I've heard in a few places, and if I'm honest it's a view I share that Bryan's t-shirts are pretty gash.

I don't think they work in terms of any sort of subtle fashion value (though admittedly his most recent one is an improvement) and I can't think anyone buying them is buying for the designs and probably more because they want to support a wrestler they really like which is why it's a testament to Bryan that he's able to sell in such large quantities that I've noticed them being worn at various different wrestling events.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:37 am

Promos: Wyatt-- Every word he says seems threatening and inspired, CM Punk was close but he had reality based material and the ability to break fourth wall and please smarks as opposed to Wyatt who keeps me hooked despite silly/spooky promos
In ring work: Cesaro-- I was set to choose Cesaro's look, but decided his in ring ability was more important to my cause. The perfect lower end heavyweight moveset and speed, added with unbelievable strength and intensity.
Charisma: Ambrose-- His mannerisms, movements, facial expressions are all top notch and build up a strange, menacing aura that captures an audience.
Look: Roman Reigns--I needed somebody who could justify the combined strength and speed of Cesaro as well as be marketable and cool.
Personality/gimmick: Taker-- Greatest gimmick of all time, only drawback was somewhat monotonous promos, which with Wyatt's talking ability lift this up to be the best of the best.
Mass appeal: Bryan-- A man that everyone can love, even my girlfriend who hates wrestling and only encounters it when getting awoken by me watching it in bed is fond of him, though wishes his chants were a bit quieter.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:27 am

Promos - mr anderson
Look - randy orton
Charisma - Austin Aries
In ring - Kurt angle (of 5 years ago)
Gimmick - I really like gunners gimmick.
Mass appeal - cm punk.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:53 am

I completely forgot Cesaro, who probably would take my in ring work part, if not look.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:02 pm

Mine would have Punk as speaker, HHH, Physic, Pd Kane craziness and D Bryans work load n the ring.
Blade
Blade

http://dellsrangers.createaforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:48 pm

Promos - Scott Steiner
Look - Zach Gowen
Charisma - Moppy
In ring - Aksana
Gimmick - Eugene
Mass appeal - Max Moon

But really...

Promos - Jake The Snake Roberts
Look - Roman Reigns
Charisma - CM Punk
In ring - Antonio Cesaro
Gimmick - Stone Cold Steve Austin
Mass appeal - Daniel Bryan

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:39 pm

We tried to do it active only. Cos if we're going back over all time there isn't a man I'd pick from today.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by SCSW Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:39 pm

Promos - Scott Steiner
Look - Scott Steiner
Charisma - Scott Steiner
In ring - Scott Steiner
Gimmick - Scott Steiner
Mass appeal - Scott Steiner

SCSW

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:20 pm

Vince would probably die for a Zach Gowen with Bryans mass appeal
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down