The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We can still stay up, says Ryan.

+11
George Carlin
yappysnap
TrailApe
SecretFly
LondonTiger
Geordie
tooboredtowork
Jimpy
beshocked
HammerofThunor
Scrumpy
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

We can still stay up, says Ryan. - Page 2 Empty We can still stay up, says Ryan.

Post by Scrumpy Mon 24 Mar 2014, 12:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Laugh 

This has to be an early attempt at an April fools?

Sorry Worcester fans (I'm sure there are some out there) but you have no chance with this Joker in charge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/26713390
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

We can still stay up, says Ryan. - Page 2 Empty Re: We can still stay up, says Ryan.

Post by Jimpy Tue 01 Apr 2014, 9:59 am

TrailApe wrote:
PER-LEASE! Even if Newcastle had had an average-ish season, they'd have made the play-offs. Some of their points difference winning margins were emabrassing for the oppsition.

Jimpy, you had to be there to realise how fragile it all became.

From my point of view, I think the play-off system for promotion should be scrapped. I agree with relegation/promotion, but having a play off system brings in some very unusual dynamics.

You can, quite easily win every game in the normal season by cricket scores and then due to some freakish circumstances not get promoted. This is not a hyperthetical situation, it has happened - Bristol I think?

There is also the matter of dual registered players that in my opinion brings in an unwelcome variable. Some of the Championship sides, due to close proximity of Premiership teams, have potential access to some game breaking players.  They don't get to use these players in every game, but come the play offs (which are after the premiership season finishes) they will be able to field up to 3 (I think) premiership quality players.

I think this has got to stop - for a number of reasons, but basically its unfair that some clubs can roll in a few imports and others can't just because of geographical happenstance.

So for me, yes promotion/relegation, but this  should depend on the standings at the end of the regular season.

Like your ground isn't up to AP standard - a bit like The Rec really - makes you wonder doesn't it...

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

We can still stay up, says Ryan. - Page 2 Empty Re: We can still stay up, says Ryan.

Post by Geordie Wed 02 Apr 2014, 8:30 pm

Unfortunately our problem is that whilst the pack is competitive and can secure possession....behind the pack it is utterly clueless and almost amateurish at Times.

If we do stay up...drastic improvements are required in that area. We need some suitable signings...and sadly I know a lot of fans who are holding off renewing the season tickets until they see a few decent signings. Socino is a good one bit he alone won't make the difference.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed 02 Apr 2014, 9:17 pm

Jimpy wrote:Like your ground isn't up to AP standard - a bit like The Rec really - makes you wonder doesn't it...

No, he means by losing a playoff game (maybe due to significant injuries, just bad luck, etc).

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 03 Apr 2014, 7:55 am

HammerofThunor wrote:
Jimpy wrote:Like your ground isn't up to AP standard - a bit like The Rec really - makes you wonder doesn't it...

No, he means by losing a playoff game (maybe due to significant injuries, just bad luck, etc).

Er...yes, I know. It was an attempt at humour. Never mind...

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 03 Apr 2014, 10:18 am

My bad.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2