The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some evidence that Gerry Watson is a fool

+17
lorus59
Davie
JAS
Eyetoldyouso
GPB
Bob_the_Job
navyblueshorts
beninho
kwinigolfer
GunsGerms
Diggers
incontinentia
MontysMerkin
SmithersJones
super_realist
hend085
McLaren
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Some evidence that Gerry Watson is a fool Empty Some evidence that Gerry Watson is a fool

Post by McLaren Tue 15 Apr 2014, 6:39 am

He doesn't like the gays.

His tweet supporting homophobic comments made by Chris Broussard, in relation to basketball player who came out;

@bubbawatson wrote:Thanks @Chris_Broussard for sharing your faith & the bible!! #GodIsGood

When given the chance to retract the sentiment he reaffirms his moral objection to homosexuals

Gerry Watson wrote:I've met Jason, said, ‘Hey,' to him, because he used to play for the Suns when I had the Suns tickets. I respect anybody that's gay ... I'm not saying I'm better than others. I'm not saying he's wrong. I'm saying I love him. If he called me right now and said, ‘Hey,' or any person that was gay called me, I'd go to dinner with them any time. It's just my belief system on the Bible says you can't be gay. That's a sin. So somebody living in sin I believe to be wrong.

He is completely ignorant when travelling abroad.

After slating the French in general and complaining about the way golf is run outside America he comes out with this;

Gerry Watson wrote:"I don't know the names of all the things, the big tower, an arch, whatever I rode around in a circle," he said. "And then what's that - it starts with an 'L' - Louvre, something like that. One of those."

He followed this up by saying he only plays the open because it is a major and that he tries to get home as quickly as possible.

Mistreats his caddie

Apparantly not an isolated incident

Not liked by fellow pro's

I admit, being disliked by the uber conservative golf crowd should be no bad thing but for Gerry, this clearly isn't a good thing. (as in, he is not disliked for challenging conservative idea's, but for being a tool)  

Here Christina Kim confirms that he is a tool away from the course;

‏@TheChristinaKim wrote:@Albatross142 his behavior at an outing I was at was outrageous. Don't bring it up much.

He is not exactly gracious with the fans;

Unjustified Withdrawal

Recently quit the Arnie invitational because he shot a first round 83.

Need we go on?

Strange that there has been no mention of his vile character and deeply concerning world view.  It is unclear to me why Ping want to associate with a man who has issues with basic logic of human rights and seems to treat most of the people he comes into contact with like trash.

No doubt his funky swing is enough for the golf world to forgive all.   All hail Bubba.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Some evidence that Gerry Watson is a fool Empty Re: Some evidence that Gerry Watson is a fool

Post by hend085 Tue 15 Apr 2014, 7:52 am

he complained to someone in the crowd that took a photograph two shots in a row? that's fair game IMO.
surprised you don't have the clip of him having a go at steve elkington on the course!

hend085

Back to top Go down

Some evidence that Gerry Watson is a fool Empty Re: Some evidence that Gerry Watson is a fool

Post by super_realist Tue 15 Apr 2014, 7:59 am

Just look at the guy. You don't need any of the other stuff. Top button on his shirt buttoned, mullet and a woman's visor?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Tue 15 Apr 2014, 8:38 am

You seem to be confusing being an idiot and being an arse hole. If he knew any better he'd be the latter, it strikes me he's nothing but the former.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 15 Apr 2014, 8:47 am

And not too bright. Don't mock the afflicted, it's unseemly.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 15 Apr 2014, 9:04 am

I do wonder however why Mac thinks homophobia is the worst crime someone can be guilty of.
He does seem to have rather a lot of fake outrage for this particular insult.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 15 Apr 2014, 9:45 am

He was gracious with the fans at Augusta, high-fiving for several minutes when he didnt have to. I don't know why there is so much bitching about him, seems like a nice man to me.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 15 Apr 2014, 9:51 am

inco

Does he seem like a nice guy to you because you also believe the word of the bible?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 15 Apr 2014, 10:00 am

He's a good golfer.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 15 Apr 2014, 10:04 am

Diggers wrote:He's a good golfer.

What is your point?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 15 Apr 2014, 10:07 am

McLaren wrote:
Diggers wrote:He's a good golfer.

What is your point?

I think its a lot easier point to understand than most of the ones you are making Mac.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 15 Apr 2014, 10:07 am

no Mclaren. I am not religious. I have never heard Bubba swear on the course, never seen him spit or throw a club. Never heard him bawl at spectators like Poulter does. Maybe there is a darker side to his character but I haven't seen it.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Tue 15 Apr 2014, 12:27 pm

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 15 Apr 2014, 1:22 pm

Not sure that his opinion that being gay is wrong is all that bad really provided he doesnt believe in persecution of homosexuals which is different I think. I think that an Irish person being a Manchester Utd fan is wrong but I wouldnt discriminate against them for example.

As for being homophobic I reckon that most people are probably homophobic to varying degrees. I know I am and I know some gay people who are too. I wouldnt feel too comfortable in a gay bar for example yet I have gay family members that I love and am very much a proponent of equal rights and a persecutionless society.

Is Bubba really a "vile character" or just a product of a conservative, religious and potentially quite a sheltered upbringing?

One thing is for sure now that he has such a public profile he should probably be a little more careful in how he tweets as it can be quite damaging for young gay people to believe that they are living in sin or however he puts it. That just isnt very helpful.

I wouldnt worry too much about him not being liked on the tour. Golf isnt exactly an all inclusive sport itself and could probably afford to be a little more inviting to a wider demographic.

Ignorant is probably a good word to describe him. I doubt he is stupid.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 15 Apr 2014, 1:34 pm

GunsGerms wrote:Not sure that his opinion that being gay is wrong is all that bad really provided he doesnt believe in persecution of homosexuals which is different I think. I think that an Irish person being a Manchester Utd fan is wrong but I wouldnt discriminate against them for example.

As for being homophobic I reckon that most people are probably homophobic to varying degrees. I know I am and I know some gay people who are too. I wouldnt feel too comfortable in a gay bar for example yet I have gay family members that I love and am very much a proponent of equal rights and a persecutionless society.

Is Bubba really a "vile character" or just a product of a conservative, religious and potentially quite a sheltered upbringing?

One thing is for sure now that he has such a public profile he should probably be a little more careful in how he tweets as it can be quite damaging for young gay people to believe that they are living in sin or however he puts it. That just isnt very helpful.

It's still vile though, whether people claim there are excuses or extenuating circumstances for it. It might be a reason, but it's not an excuse.

I'm sure he wouldn't like it if people turned the tables on him and said that his preposterous beliefs were the product of childhood indoctrination and education retardation which he holds without a sliver of evidence or proof to back it up, in fact he'd probably demand that his beliefs be respected even though they command no more respect than a belief in leprechauns or bigfoot, yet it's ok for him to slag someone else of for something they don't control, it's part of the reason I despise religious beliefs because they love to be intolerant, but absolutely cannot take criticism or see the blatant immorality of their own beliefs. American Christians and Muslims being the worst for it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 15 Apr 2014, 1:48 pm

What is vile? To believe that homosexuality is wrong? That might be wrong, it might be unhelpful or based on ignorance but I suggest it would only be vile if he went around bashing homosexuals at all opportunities. He isnt though is he?

He said he respects them and would go out to dinner with them even though he doesnt agree with them. For me the issue with his comments is not what he believes but in so far as kids in my understanding dont choose to be gay and therefore if they look up to someone like bubba will probably feel like outcasts even more so than they already do.

I dont think Bubba's intention is to hurt anyone though but rather he doesnt realise how harmful his comments can be which is a real shame.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 15 Apr 2014, 1:52 pm

Nothing wrong with believing it is wrong, the problem comes when you start to express those views and start to assert that there is something wrong with it or claiming that the bible is some sort of authority on the issue, when in fact there is no reason why we should even take the bible for toilet paper.

It's absolutely typical of many Christians. We saw loads of it in relation to the recent marriage equality issue in the UK and not one of them had a good point.

His backtracking reminds me of the sort of person who says "I'm not racist...............but"

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 15 Apr 2014, 2:16 pm

It's easy to portray Bubba as an uneducated country bumpkin but the fact is that his father, Gerry!, was a long-time marine and Bubba himself has a degree from the University of Georgia (unlike the majority of US College athletes).

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 15 Apr 2014, 2:17 pm

Did he get it with 6 tokens from Cornflakes?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 15 Apr 2014, 2:18 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:It's easy to portray Bubba as an uneducated country bumpkin but the fact is that his father, Gerry!, was a long-time marine and Bubba himself has a degree from the University of Georgia (unlike the majority of US College athletes).

That might explain the anti-gay sentiment? I doubt Bubba is unintelligent. His probably quite ignorant though.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 15 Apr 2014, 2:19 pm

He believes being gay is a sin, thats his opinion, and it does not harm anyone. If he started smashing his pink driver round the legs of any gay he meets then he has crossed the line. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, not everyone agrees with said opinion. He believes in God and the bible to a crazy extent, but then thats no different to Mr Super Realist believing it to be wrong to a crazy extent and having issues with people that do believe. Similarities between Super and Gerry then.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 15 Apr 2014, 2:20 pm

Hardly think being a marine is a reflection of a towering intellect! May even point in the opposite direction.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 15 Apr 2014, 2:29 pm

beninho wrote:He believes being gay is a sin, thats his opinion, and it does not harm anyone. If he started smashing his pink driver round the legs of any gay he meets then he has crossed the line. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, not everyone agrees with said opinion. He believes in God and the bible to a crazy extent, but then thats no different to Mr Super Realist believing it to be wrong to a crazy extent and having issues with people that do believe. Similarities between Super and Gerry then.

Absolutely not even remotely comparable. There is ZERO reason to believe in God and no reason to hold the bible up as a moral baromter, it's no different from people believing in Zeus, Poseidon, Leprechauns, Loch Ness MOnsters etc, so it's perfectly acceptable to laugh at people who hold such views without justification and point out just how ludicrous those beliefs are.

However, it is wrong to say that someone is wrong or "sinning" if they are gay. They aren't voicing an opinion, they are asserting that it is a fact.

Last edited by super_realist on Tue 15 Apr 2014, 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 15 Apr 2014, 2:29 pm

Monty,
No, agreed. But it is likely that being a marine he might have travelled a bit and exposed his family to stories of countries that he may have visited - and that experience may well have shaped Bubba's attitude towards "abroad".
Plus his wife is Canadian and travelled when she was still playing Olympic Team basketball.

In the end, who cares so long as he keeps anti-social thoughts to himself - if he doesn't, he deserves all the flak that'll come to him. Starting with Mac.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 15 Apr 2014, 2:33 pm

I s'pose kwini! I know that my family members who are in the forces all seem to have a very liberal and forgiving nature to those they liberate. Ha.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 15 Apr 2014, 2:33 pm

Why are people excusing Gerry's persecuting comments on gays because he believes in a way of thinking based on no evidence?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 15 Apr 2014, 2:34 pm

Laugh What a thread. Mac, I'm going to change the title of your thread. I could just as easily start a thread called "Some evidence why McLaren is an a-hole" and simply have my opening comment point to your start to this thread. Grow up.

For a start, I'm ambivalent about Watson. I think he's ignorant of the World as a whole (or at least pretends to be) and I don't buy into his religion. Those points aside though, he's a heck of a player and, from what I saw throughout the recent Masters, is far from the "vile", "arse hole" that you (and S_R) are peddling.

As for your specific points:

1) Your first is out of context and means nothing on its own.
2) The second simply shows your prejudice against religion. He has his beliefs, whatever they may be, and all he's saying is that he thinks being gay is in contravention of those beliefs. He's not advocating gay bashing or anything else. As far as I'm aware, holding religious beliefs isn't illegal yet. Until it is, you'll have to put up with it.
3) The French? Who cares. He's American and isn't bothered about a lot else. Hardly a crime. Hogan pretty much said the same about the Open.
4) :laugh:That's "mistreating" his caddy? You really are dredging the bottom of a barrel aren't you?
5) Who gives a XXXX what Cristina Kim says? She's hardly a great example is she? In any case, it's one person's remark. I thought you were big on science Mac? Call that evidence?? picard
6) :laugh:An even more pathetic example than the one you tried to use to talk about "mistreating" his caddy. Are you for real? Some bell-end is using a camera (which they shouldn't even have with them) on the course when he's trying to hit a golf shot?? Not sure you can get any worse really. Of course, if it was Eldrick giving the same fan merry Hell for the same thing that would be perfectly OK in your biased World.
7) Who gives a XXXX if he withdrew at Riviera? You have some evidence it was simply because he spat the dummy out? If you have, I suggest you cite it and it better be an improvement on what you've posted here to-date...

All-in-all, a load of rubbish. In fact, it doesn't even really qualify as highly as rubbish. I'm amazed - I actually thought you were smarter than this. Just goes to show I guess.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 15 Apr 2014, 2:36 pm

Kwini

I wonder if Gerry will refuse to lick the sticky back of Harvey Milk?

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/04/02/us-post-office-unveils-stamp-for-murdered-gay-rights-hero-harvey-milk/
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 15 Apr 2014, 2:40 pm

Dead horse.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 15 Apr 2014, 2:41 pm

Navy

What other phenotypes are you happy for Watson to declare as a sin?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 15 Apr 2014, 2:41 pm

If you want to bang on, ad nausaem about religion per se, go and do it on the D4S "Anything Goes" thread. I am bored stupid with same comments, time after time after time after time after time after time.......
Get the picture?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 15 Apr 2014, 2:44 pm

McLaren wrote:Navy

What other phenotypes are you happy for Watson to declare as a sin?
I don't give a XXXX Mac. Not in this context by this person. What part of "It's legal to hold religious beliefs" do you not get? When it becomes illegal to hold those beliefs, I'll maybe give a damn. It's an irrelevance and you're just peddling the same old bollox.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 15 Apr 2014, 2:45 pm

Why not start a thread about something you wish to discuss navy?

I guess you would prefer coverage of golf to ignore any indiscretions by those who play it? We should just keep throwing money at people who care little about how there opinions as a public figure could harm fans?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 15 Apr 2014, 2:45 pm

Wait a minute Navy, You might not like what he said, but he actually set up a post to talk about the character of Gerry Watson, you can hardly ask someone to stop commenting on their OWN thread, what's more, you don't have to read it or comment on it do you?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Tue 15 Apr 2014, 3:05 pm

Yeah.. I don't know if Bubba is a tool or a fool or not, but very little in Mac's "evidence" suggests he is either - he may well be, but I'm not convinced by the post.  I certainly don't agree with his religious views or his beliefs about homosexuality, but saying you don't like something is not discriminatory in of itself.

This is a golf board, and whilst you can't totally divorce the person from the player and the game, there seems to be to be an overly zealous desire by some on the board to focus more on personality than performance.  At the end of the day these are sportsmen - they are not making decisions that affect our lives.  Constantly dragging their character into question just because they are in the public eye and you fear they set a bad example is patronizing to everyone else as it suggests we are so malleable as to be incapable of reaching our own conclusions or setting our own moral compass.  I would suggest if you want a soapbox, go buy one and stand on it, and direct your ire at the morally bankrupt who actually impact our day to day lives.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Tue 15 Apr 2014, 3:06 pm

A lot of sanctimonious posters in this thread.

I find it ironic.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by Eyetoldyouso Tue 15 Apr 2014, 3:54 pm

navy - 10/10 - well said.

And how's this for a story . "Last Sunday at the Masters saw  a drive, chip and putt contest  featuring some of the finest junior golfers in America.

One of the best moments came when a former Masters champion, who had been watching on television, raced from his rental home because he wanted to show his support. You should have seen the faces of the kids as he went along the line, tapping each of them on the shoulder in turn and introducing himself.

Bubba Watson had been sitting and thinking what it would have meant to him if he’d been aged seven to 15 and a man who had won at Augusta had come along and said hello."

I'm pretty certain there aren't many other former Masters winners who would have done that.

Eyetoldyouso

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 15 Apr 2014, 4:04 pm

It was a drive chip and putt contest as far as Bubba was concerned!
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 16 Apr 2014, 6:46 am

Oh dear Mac!!

This is a golf board

My opinion on Bubba is that he's a unique natural talent, entertaining to watch and guess what??....

He has TWO green jackets!!

I'd enjoy a round around Trumps with him Wink

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 16 Apr 2014, 8:03 am

There seems to be many responses making the point that Gerry is a golfer/this is a golf board so why does it matter what Gerry say's about nations or groups of people in public.

I find this an abhorrent position for anyone to take as it indicates that as long as someone is doing something that entertains you then you are willing to forgive a host of moral indiscretions.

Exactly where do golf fans draw a line in terms of no longer supporting a player based on offensive, immoral or discriminatory behavior?

So far it seems Sergio (for racism) and Gerry (homophobia) have not yet reached the point where golf fans are turned off be their behavior?

Is this not a little worrying that two of the most clearly established forms of bigotry and barriers to social betterment are not enough. All very worrying, and sadly a reflection of the average golfer.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 16 Apr 2014, 8:35 am

I'm more concerned with your inappropriate use of apostrophes .. don't you know there is a world shortage?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 16 Apr 2014, 8:37 am

Davie wrote:I'm more concerned with your inappropriate use of apostrophes .. don't you know there is a world shortage?

In honesty I had to google what an apostrophe was.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 16 Apr 2014, 9:10 am

McLaren wrote:There seems to be many responses making the point that Gerry is a golfer/this is a golf board so why does it matter what Gerry say's about nations or groups of people in public.  

I find this an abhorrent position for anyone to take as it indicates that as long as someone is doing something that entertains you then you are willing to forgive a host of moral indiscretions.

Exactly where do golf fans draw a line in terms of no longer supporting a player based on offensive, immoral or discriminatory behavior?

So far it seems Sergio (for racism) and Gerry (homophobia) have not yet reached the point where golf fans are turned off be their behavior?

Is this not a little worrying that two of the most clearly established forms of bigotry and barriers to social betterment are not enough.  All very worrying, and sadly a reflection of the average golfer.

What Sergio said was fairly innocuous. Is it any worse than the French calling the English le rosbif for example? Are some forms of racism/xenaphobia more acceptable than others? He apologied and acknowledged that it was ill advised. You cant ask much more of a person. If for example he refused to retract what he said then it would be fair to consider him a bit of a racist but in all probability he isnt.

Have you never slipped up and said something stupid? Western society is still very homophobic so lets not pretend we have all been pro-homosexuality advocates since we knew what it was. That said I still dont agree with Bubba at all.

I would be much more concerned re golf that there still is a real lack of diversity both in the people that play the game and those that attend events like the masters. Is golf accepting of diverse cultures and social classes as it could be?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 16 Apr 2014, 9:18 am

I shall enjoy wallowing in my abhorrence all day knowing that it irks you Mac.

Who says golfers, golf fans or anybody else for that matter have to draw a line on any particular issue and publicly state to you on a forum where that line is. I have my lines, my views of what is acceptable and what isn't (most of which would probably surprise you) and I'm happy with what they are. I certainly don't feel the need to justify them to you.

There is something very very British about your original post...when someone reaches up into the upper echelons of their sport through talent and hard work some jealous talentless no mark feels the need to go mining for dirt on his background to somehow try and make himself feel better. Says a lot more about you than it does about him to be honest.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Wed 16 Apr 2014, 9:21 am

McLaren wrote:There seems to be many responses making the point that Gerry is a golfer/this is a golf board so why does it matter what Gerry say's about nations or groups of people in public.  

Is this not a little worrying that two of the most clearly established forms of bigotry and barriers to social betterment are not enough.  All very worrying, and sadly a reflection of the average golfer.

Firstly - moral indiscretion?  You showed that Watson gets a bit p1ssed off when people annoy him (well d'uh), he's religious (not a crime, just sad IMHO), is a bit crass and/or ignorant (see American...joke) and has questionable views on gay rights.  There is nothing to suggest he's done anything immoral other than hold a view that St Mac doesn't like. He's entitled to his opinion same as you - isn't that the very essence of a free and fair society?  You carelessly throw in the phrase "discriminatory behavior" - please detail exactly the discriminatory behavior Watson has engaged in and I will immediately get my pitchfork and join your lynch mob.

Secondly, you missed the main point.  This is a GOLF board - set up your own "I hate this sports star/celebrity because they have bad thoughts" board, or use the conveniently provided Anything Goes thread. Littering the board with your PC views is tiresome.  And don't say "so don't read it" - again that's the whole point - I have to read it to find out what a tw't you're being, whereas I know to mostly avoid the Anything Goes thread when I'm not in the mood for it.

Thirdly, if you believe someone has questionable morals and are worried about that being in the public eye, why the hell would you make a song and dance about it? Deny them the oxygen of publicity for those elements you don't like and focus attention on the golf.  Don't do the gutter press's job for them.

Seriously, if you've this much passion and energy for your crusade, is it not your moral duty to do something more meaningful and effective with it than whinge on here?  Where's your ambition man?
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 16 Apr 2014, 9:32 am

Bob_the_Job wrote:

Firstly - moral indiscretion?  You showed that Watson gets a bit p1ssed off when people annoy him (well d'uh), he's religious (not a crime, just sad IMHO), is a bit crass and/or ignorant (see American...joke) and has questionable views on gay rights.  There is nothing to suggest he's done anything immoral other than hold a view that St Mac doesn't like. He's entitled to his opinion same as you - isn't that the very essence of a free and fair society?  You carelessly throw in the phrase "discriminatory behavior" - please detail exactly the discriminatory behavior Watson has engaged in and I will immediately get my pitchfork and join your lynch mob.

Secondly, you missed the main point.  This is a GOLF board - set up your own "I hate this sports star/celebrity because they have bad thoughts" board, or use the conveniently provided Anything Goes thread. Littering the board with your PC views is tiresome.  And don't say "so don't read it" - again that's the whole point - I have to read it to find out what a tw't you're being, whereas I know to mostly avoid the Anything Goes thread when I'm not in the mood for it.

Thirdly, if you believe someone has questionable morals and are worried about that being in the public eye, why the hell would you make a song and dance about it? Deny them the oxygen of publicity for those elements you don't like and focus attention on the golf.  Don't do the gutter press's job for them.

Seriously, if you've this much passion and energy for your crusade, is it not your moral duty to do something more meaningful and effective with it than whinge on here?  Where's your ambition man?

JAS likes this!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Wed 16 Apr 2014, 9:50 am

Bob_the_Job wrote:

Shocked Do you mind? I don't come on here for a well reasoned debate. I want knee jerk reactions. Hilarious hyperbole. Goodness me, this board is going to the dogs...  Wink
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Wed 16 Apr 2014, 10:27 am

MontysMerkin wrote:Shocked Do you mind? I don't come on here for a well reasoned debate. I want knee jerk reactions. Hilarious hyperbole. Goodness me, this board is going to the dogs...  Wink

I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me.  But that's not the point.  What the hell do you mean dragging the poor dogs into it.  Don't be so species-ist! Mocking the poor four legged critters by walking around upright with only a vestigial tail for balance.  You ought to be ashamed of yourself.  You're a discredit to humanity but much more importantly, all golfers.  Everywhere. Caninophobia is digusting - it really gets on my t1ts..bugger can't have that, people might think I mean the birds.  I mean the feathered kind not the ones with t1ts. That would be sexist.  Oh balls..errr  Run
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 16 Apr 2014, 10:32 am

To be fair I have condoned tying dogs to the back of moving vehicles.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Wed 16 Apr 2014, 10:37 am

McLaren wrote:To be fair I have condoned tying dogs to the back of moving vehicles.
Very talented. It's hard to run alongside a moving vehicle and tie a dog to it.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next