The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some evidence that Gerry Watson is a fool

+17
lorus59
Davie
JAS
Eyetoldyouso
GPB
Bob_the_Job
navyblueshorts
beninho
kwinigolfer
GunsGerms
Diggers
incontinentia
MontysMerkin
SmithersJones
super_realist
hend085
McLaren
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Some evidence that Gerry Watson is a fool - Page 2 Empty Some evidence that Gerry Watson is a fool

Post by McLaren Tue 15 Apr 2014, 6:39 am

First topic message reminder :

He doesn't like the gays.

His tweet supporting homophobic comments made by Chris Broussard, in relation to basketball player who came out;

@bubbawatson wrote:Thanks @Chris_Broussard for sharing your faith & the bible!! #GodIsGood

When given the chance to retract the sentiment he reaffirms his moral objection to homosexuals

Gerry Watson wrote:I've met Jason, said, ‘Hey,' to him, because he used to play for the Suns when I had the Suns tickets. I respect anybody that's gay ... I'm not saying I'm better than others. I'm not saying he's wrong. I'm saying I love him. If he called me right now and said, ‘Hey,' or any person that was gay called me, I'd go to dinner with them any time. It's just my belief system on the Bible says you can't be gay. That's a sin. So somebody living in sin I believe to be wrong.

He is completely ignorant when travelling abroad.

After slating the French in general and complaining about the way golf is run outside America he comes out with this;

Gerry Watson wrote:"I don't know the names of all the things, the big tower, an arch, whatever I rode around in a circle," he said. "And then what's that - it starts with an 'L' - Louvre, something like that. One of those."

He followed this up by saying he only plays the open because it is a major and that he tries to get home as quickly as possible.

Mistreats his caddie

Apparantly not an isolated incident

Not liked by fellow pro's

I admit, being disliked by the uber conservative golf crowd should be no bad thing but for Gerry, this clearly isn't a good thing. (as in, he is not disliked for challenging conservative idea's, but for being a tool)  

Here Christina Kim confirms that he is a tool away from the course;

‏@TheChristinaKim wrote:@Albatross142 his behavior at an outing I was at was outrageous. Don't bring it up much.

He is not exactly gracious with the fans;

Unjustified Withdrawal

Recently quit the Arnie invitational because he shot a first round 83.

Need we go on?

Strange that there has been no mention of his vile character and deeply concerning world view.  It is unclear to me why Ping want to associate with a man who has issues with basic logic of human rights and seems to treat most of the people he comes into contact with like trash.

No doubt his funky swing is enough for the golf world to forgive all.   All hail Bubba.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Some evidence that Gerry Watson is a fool - Page 2 Empty Re: Some evidence that Gerry Watson is a fool

Post by JAS Wed 16 Apr 2014, 10:38 am

McLaren wrote:To be fair I have condoned tying dogs to the back of moving vehicles.

Yeah...much less innocuous than any of Bubba's heinous crimes against humanity :-/

JAS

Back to top Go down

Some evidence that Gerry Watson is a fool - Page 2 Empty Re: Some evidence that Gerry Watson is a fool

Post by lorus59 Wed 16 Apr 2014, 12:00 pm

I bet McLaren now regrets he ever started this post. I am beginning to feel sorry for him. It would be very magnanimous if he would admit as such and let it go.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 16 Apr 2014, 12:03 pm

Of course he doesn't regret it. He's getting the attention he craved when he created the thread

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 16 Apr 2014, 12:08 pm

lorus59 wrote:I bet McLaren now regrets he ever started this post. I am beginning to feel sorry for him. It would be very magnanimous if he would admit as such and let it go.

Some of the points in the thread are worth discussing. Bubba with the fame that comes with sucess has a responsibility to his younger fans not to promote persecution. The problem was that the tone of the thread was over the top and while some of Bubba's comments and maybe even behaviour should be scrutanised he surely doesnt deserve to be labelled a vile character because there isnt much evidence to suggest he is.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Wed 16 Apr 2014, 12:54 pm

I agree with the point about Bubba supporting the drive and chip junior competition. It may be an easy way to court some good publicity, but the fact is that he made the effort to turn up and be pleasant and take an interest. Most of his peers were probably cloistered away with sports shrinks in their hotel rooms, not that it did them any good.

Also his views on homosexuality are his own. Just because they don't chime with others isn't a reason to criticise him is it? He isn't advocating executing gay people.

Oh, and to criticise him because he has the buttons on his shirt done up - oh, the irony.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Wed 16 Apr 2014, 1:09 pm

I reckon the Jim Rosethal look is underrated and will come back just like mens leggings and ear beards.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 16 Apr 2014, 1:41 pm

I think mclaren owes Bubba Watason an apology, who's with me?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 16 Apr 2014, 1:45 pm

George1507 wrote:
Also his views on homosexuality are his own. Just because they don't chime with others isn't a reason to criticise him is it? He isn't advocating executing gay people.

I think there are grounds to criticise him. Statistically 1 in 10 of his young fans will be gay but to tell them that they are living in sin and that they are inherently wrong because of something they have no control over isnt particularly helpful message to send out particulalry when such kids/teens tend to already feel quite sidelined by society. It isnt a very positive message to send out is it?

There are lots of ridiculous things that the bible condemns like eating shellfish, pulling out, wearing synthetic clothing, wearing gold, tattoos, divorce, bowl haircuts, allowing people with no testicles into church.

Most religious people are a la a carte religious and are able to use their own moral compass to decide whats right and wrong without the rigidity of following everything to the letter of the law where common sense suggests wiser alternatives.

Yet sometimes I wonder how often some people reference the bible to push their own agendas and therefore Im not sure Bubba is beyond criticism?

Last edited by GunsGerms on Wed 16 Apr 2014, 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Wed 16 Apr 2014, 2:06 pm

Agreed. If he must have such intolerant views it would be best to keep them under his girly visor. Fvckwittery should not be advertised so publicly. Eh Mac?
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 16 Apr 2014, 2:25 pm

I bet 1 in 10 of bubbas fans are not gay. I'd be very surprised if he had the average gay following. I'd also guess 1in 10 golf fans aren't gay either.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 16 Apr 2014, 2:30 pm

Guns

Thanks for being one of the few who gets my point.

Davie

If you can't work out the farce from the serious point then that is your problem.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 16 Apr 2014, 2:51 pm

Farce - amusing escapade in which male lead/support invariably falls over and implausibly loses trousers just at the point mother in law/vicar walks in room?

I do struggle to understand serious points when the crytal ball isn't switched on though.

Although, sincerity/wummery/provocative nature aside this has generated some volume in posting for the recently quiet board.

When's Tiger back?

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 16 Apr 2014, 3:00 pm

beninho wrote:I bet 1 in 10 of bubbas fans are not gay. I'd be very surprised if he had the average gay following. I'd also guess 1in 10 golf fans aren't gay either.

Why? That reminds me of a famous Irish rugby pundit who claimed that gay people "aren't interested in sports because its too manly".

Anyway Bubba's pink driver is bound to register on a few gaydars...........

.....just kidding.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Wed 16 Apr 2014, 3:08 pm

Hope Webb, Zach and Rickie win the other majors this year.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Wed 16 Apr 2014, 3:47 pm

Dave. wrote:Hope Webb, Zach and Rickie win the other majors this year.

You hope they do.. or.. you pray that they do?
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Wed 16 Apr 2014, 9:16 pm

Is there any factual basis for the 1 in ten statistic?
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 16 Apr 2014, 11:48 pm

...and you thought Bubba...as a top sportsman with responsibilities was less than gracious, with the crowds and with his caddy Mac.....have a look at these....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQTATWUtvHQ

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 17 Apr 2014, 9:03 am

SmithersJones wrote:Is there any factual basis for the 1 in ten statistic?

Not sure to be honest. However, does it matter? We all know homosexuality exists, some of us may even know gay people who have had a tough time so it doesnt really matter to me how many there are but just that they deserve equal treatment to everyone else. I can honestly say that I havent always treated them the same myself.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 17 Apr 2014, 1:30 pm

SmithersJones wrote:Is there any factual basis for the 1 in ten statistic?
Census figures I guess
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by henniebogan2 Mon 28 Apr 2014, 5:39 am

I don't find sanctimony here. I find opinions, which all are entitled to, even if we happen to not like those points of view. It's called freedom of speech and expression. Something we ALL should embrace!!!
henniebogan2
henniebogan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2