The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scott Quigg Vs. Carl Frampton

+12
owen10ozzy
mobilemaster8
milkyboy
AdamT
catchweight
TRUSSMAN66
Herman Jaeger
88Chris05
Hammersmith harrier
Strongback
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
AlexHuckerby
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Scott Quigg Vs. Carl Frampton - Page 2 Empty Scott Quigg Vs. Carl Frampton

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 12:49

First topic message reminder :

Any views changed?

To me it doesn't look like Frampton is going to get LSC over to Belfast and it's unlikely that Frampton will travel to the States for the title chance either. He won a final eliminator which is great, however LSC has just had his mandatory so he will be out in the cold for quite a while now if he wants to wait for that.

I doubt Kiko would be interested in a rematch as he probably feels he can't change much so he can avoid fighting Frampton and there's more chance of him coming over to fight Quigg than rematching Frampton by the looks of things. Which to be honest would be an absolute fire fight.

Frampton won't get Rigo, and I very much doubt McGuigan would even consider throwing him in against him and he holds the unified WBA and WBO, so that's pretty much all of the options.

Frampton has one more fight left on BoxNation, so if I was McGuigan, personally I would put him in against a good well ranked fighter, who maybe used to hold a title, like Terrazas. Very winnable, but tough fight, then just look to fight Quigg when he's free from BoxNation and facehim on Sky.

That's my view on what should be done to make the fight.

In terms of the actual fight I think it'd difficult, both are improving rapidly and both probably the two biggest punchers in the division. Quigg probably brings more educated pressure than Kiko did and a harder punch but although Frampton had his difficulties with Martinez, he did deal with him superbly. They both have terrific engines although if I was to choose who's fitter and a little bit physically stronger I'd say Quigg. Frampton has more about him however, can box going backwards and forwards, as opposed to Quigg who generally is only really effective moving forwards.

I'd still say gun to my head Frampton wins, but it's getting closer every single time I think about it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Scott Quigg Vs. Carl Frampton - Page 2 Empty Re: Scott Quigg Vs. Carl Frampton

Post by hogey Thu 8 May 2014 - 17:58

Quigg is a decent fighter, but Frampton looks a class above for me. Frampton stoppage inside 8 rounds for me.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2