The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

+34
AberdeenSteve
Crimey
kingraf
socal1976
westisbest
Duty281
nasisillmatic
hampo17
owen10ozzy
Stella
skyeman
CFCNick
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Born Slippy
sportform
Mat
Hulking_up
NickisBHAFC
Good Golly I'm Olly
J.Benson II
compelling and rich
Fernando
Bull
The Special Juan
Kay Fabe
Hammersmith harrier
Liam
Hero
FootballLight
Ent
GSC
mystiroakey
Dolphin Ziggler
It Must Be Love
38 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 15 Empty Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by It Must Be Love Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

I wouldn't mind Klopp replacing Moyes, if he does leave.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 15 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:12 pm

TopoftheChops wrote:
Olly wrote:
TopoftheChops wrote:
Olly wrote:
hampo171 wrote:
Olly wrote:I'm not even gonna bother replying to some of the completely inaccurate and mindless drivel that is currently being written about my club on here.

I've never been more disappointed in a Norwich City team than I was when I flicked through that game. Gutless, pathetic performance. On the back of such a great one against Liverpool

We've spent money, tried to establish ourselves this season, but unfortunately the manager firstly wasn't up to it with his poor tactics, and inability to integrate players into a system that suited them, secondly the board have handled this season appallingly (Hughton should've gone earlier, no money spent in January) and thirdly the players have been pathetic. This has led to a complete clusterf*ck of campaign, we're we've only picked up 8 points away! 8 points, Jesus

We'll go down, and one day we'll be back. We're a well run club, debt free externally (only owe a few bob to Delia), get 27,000 sell outs week in week out, so we're in a good position to make a charge next season and try again in the Prem if we get there.

Its been three years full of highs and lows, but unfortunately its all coming to an unsavoury end. But hey, it wouldn't be Norwich City if it all ended without some controversy.

I'll be sad to see Norwich go if it happens Olly, as you say they're just starting to try and establish themselves as a Premier League club and if they get the right manager in place I'm sure they'll have a bright future.

The right manager is the nail on the head Hampo.

When Lambert left, we didn't appoint a manager who was right for our football club. Chris Hughton is a nice bloke, and I'm sure he'll do well in his career elsewhere, but his style of football and what he wants to do are just the complete opposite of what Lambert did here and what Norwich City play. It just wasnt the right fit.

Hopefully we can find a manager who is the right fit, personally I'd like to see Adams given a shot as I don't think their is a great field of managers out there now. But we'll see.

Still we get to thump Ipswich twice next year, so there's a silver lining to every cloud  Very Happy 

Don't be so confident mate!

Judging from what I saw today I ain't got much to worry about Wink

Still its something to look forward to next season, missed the derby no matter the result they're always great games

We'll be a changed team next season and you'll be relying on the murphy brothers to save you

Where do you think you need to improve most?

From what I saw today you need someone in midfield who is able to get his foot on the ball and play, and some wingers that aren't 50. Solid defence and keeper, and some good forwards tho. Plus you got Mick who's a very good manager at that level

Josh Murphy is quality. Tbh I think he's just as good as Redmond if not better, they'll cause trouble at Champ level. And if we keep Hooper we've got a striker who will score for fun in the Championship
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 15 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:14 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Like I said this season is an anomaly for many reasons so think it's harsh to suggest Everton had stagnated under Moyes, he took them as far as the investment allowed. If he had a poor United and Tottenham to compete against with the loan signings they currently have they would be in the exact same position just with a different style of play.

Good points there. The EPL has been so open this season, so I agree that any club could have been in Everton's position but with tehir loan signgins they always had that extra edge.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:14 pm

You'll all be playing for 2nd next season anyway

After Bournemouth wrap up the league in February
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:15 pm

I expect a more consistent season from both United and Tottenham next year which for all of Martinez's endeavour will see them finish 7th at best.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:20 pm

Olly wrote:
TopoftheChops wrote:
Olly wrote:
TopoftheChops wrote:
Olly wrote:
hampo171 wrote:
Olly wrote:I'm not even gonna bother replying to some of the completely inaccurate and mindless drivel that is currently being written about my club on here.

I've never been more disappointed in a Norwich City team than I was when I flicked through that game. Gutless, pathetic performance. On the back of such a great one against Liverpool

We've spent money, tried to establish ourselves this season, but unfortunately the manager firstly wasn't up to it with his poor tactics, and inability to integrate players into a system that suited them, secondly the board have handled this season appallingly (Hughton should've gone earlier, no money spent in January) and thirdly the players have been pathetic. This has led to a complete clusterf*ck of campaign, we're we've only picked up 8 points away! 8 points, Jesus

We'll go down, and one day we'll be back. We're a well run club, debt free externally (only owe a few bob to Delia), get 27,000 sell outs week in week out, so we're in a good position to make a charge next season and try again in the Prem if we get there.

Its been three years full of highs and lows, but unfortunately its all coming to an unsavoury end. But hey, it wouldn't be Norwich City if it all ended without some controversy.

I'll be sad to see Norwich go if it happens Olly, as you say they're just starting to try and establish themselves as a Premier League club and if they get the right manager in place I'm sure they'll have a bright future.

When Lambert left, we didn't appoint a manager who was right for our football club. Chris Hughton is a nice bloke, and I'm sure he'll do well in his career elsewhere, but his style of football and what he wants to do are just the complete opposite of what Lambert did here and what Norwich City play. It just wasnt the right fit.

Hopefully we can find a manager who is the right fit, personally I'd like to see Adams given a shot as I don't think their is a great field of managers out there now. But we'll see.

Still we get to thump Ipswich twice next year, so there's a silver lining to every cloud  Very Happy 

Still its something to look forward to next season, missed the derby no matter the result they're always great games

We'll be a changed team next season and you'll be relying on the murphy brothers to save you

From what I saw today you need someone in midfield who is able to get his foot on the ball and play, and some wingers that aren't 50. Solid defence and keeper, and some good forwards tho. Plus you got Mick who's a very good manager at that level

Josh Murphy is quality. Tbh I think he's just as good as Redmond if not better, they'll cause trouble at Champ level. And if we keep Hooper we've got a striker who will score for fun in the Championship

It's the midfield definitely that needs improving, the wingers are too negative which puts pressure on the central midfielders who aren't up for the job. I think cresswell will be in the prem next season unfortunately, meaning a left back will be signed.

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:21 pm

Moyes qualified for the CL with Everton once. Lets see Martinez keep Everton up there year after year before we start comparing his reign to Moyes'
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:23 pm

I hate all this love for Ryan Giggs vomit

You'd have thought he'd saved us from relegation. 

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:23 pm

GSC wrote:You'll all be playing for 2nd next season anyway

After Bournemouth wrap up the league in February

In a pub somewhere somebody doesn't like this, in a pub.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:25 pm

Shame he'll be missing the games tomorrow.

What with his inevitable massive hangover
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:27 pm

GSC wrote:Shame he'll be missing the games tomorrow.

What with his inevitable massive hangover

The 20 quid out of the quiz machine and the memories of the pub going mad at Man Utd's 4th goal tonight will see him through I'm sure. And then it's a trip to the pub.

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:28 pm

What are the odds that the referee will be blamed one way or the other tomorrow after the Chelsea/Liverpool game?

What did we do so wrong? SadLaugh

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:28 pm

TopoftheChops wrote:
Olly wrote:
TopoftheChops wrote:
Olly wrote:
TopoftheChops wrote:
Olly wrote:
hampo171 wrote:

It's the midfield definitely that needs improving, the wingers are too negative which puts pressure on the central midfielders who aren't up for the job. I think cresswell will be in the prem next season unfortunately, meaning a left back will be signed.

Losing Creswell would be a blow he's a very good player from what I've seen!

Also you probably won't get Williams back from Palace.

You got much dosh to spend or will it all be free transfers and loans?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:29 pm

GSC wrote:Moyes qualified for the CL with Everton once. Lets see Martinez keep Everton up there year after year before we start comparing his reign to Moyes'

Id say he'd a success so far considering this is the most points Everton has ever got. That being said if he does it again next year he'll be gone from Goodison sooner rather then later.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 pm

Fernando wrote:
GSC wrote:Moyes qualified for the CL with Everton once. Lets see Martinez keep Everton up there year after year before we start comparing his reign to Moyes'

Id say he'd a success so far considering this is the most points Everton has ever got. That being said if he does it again next year he'll be gone from Goodison sooner rather then later.

It's inevitable that Martinez will get a top, top job. Here or abroad.

Moyes did do well get Everton to a CL qualifier granted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:37 pm

Our defending lol

Never a pen mind, never knew a brush of the arm could send you flying to the floor. Should've been a red if it is a foul
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:38 pm

Martino out at Barcelona and Martinez in. He is a natural fit.

Lets hope when he arrives at the Nou Camp, he drops Xavi/Iniesta, and buys Silva/Koke. Barcelona back to their best Smile

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:39 pm

I feel for Ruddy sometimes I really do, if it wasn't for him we'd be lucky to have 20 pts this season
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:39 pm

Iniesta still has a few more years left in him yet Steve.

Xavi is on the wane but useful in the right games.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:40 pm

I think some of Martinez's transfers have been suspect at Everton.

Alcaraz - Was a defender at Wigan. Need I say more?
McArthy/McArthur (I forget which one) - Good player but not a CL quality player.
McGeady - Never rated him at Celtic.
Kone - No comment.

However, he is exceptional with youth players. I'll give him that. I get the feeling the England team in 5 years will owe a lot to him.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:41 pm

Olly wrote:
TopoftheChops wrote:
Olly wrote:
TopoftheChops wrote:
Olly wrote:
TopoftheChops wrote:
Olly wrote:
hampo171 wrote:

Losing Creswell would be a blow he's a very good player from what I've seen!

Also you probably won't get Williams back from Palace.

You got much dosh to spend or will it all be free transfers and loans?

All of the transfer kitty was spent by keane and jewell over the past 5 years. Players like Leadbitter cost £3m! Free signings like goldy and berra have been quality ädditions so free signings will take place over summer

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:44 pm

FreekShow wrote:Iniesta still has a few more years left in him yet Steve.

Xavi is on the wane but useful in the right games.

Bring Koke in now, he'd learn heaps from the two of them. Just feel that fresh faces are needed, not doubting their quality but their effectiveness I feel is beginning to wane. Fresh faces, fresh ideas.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:47 pm

For once I'm glad to see us ignored by MOTD
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:50 pm

Fulham played a 3-5-1-1 today?

Magath, you aren't managing in Serie A!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:50 pm

Ok, I can now see why West Ham fans don't like big Sam. What an awful style of play.

Happy for Pepe Mel, still not sure on him as a long term manager but a top bloke all the same!

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:52 pm

Mat wrote:Ok, I can now see why West Ham fans don't like big Sam. What an awful style of play.

Happy for Pepe Mel, still not sure on him as a long term manager but a top bloke all the same!

#hughtonforwba

Its gonna happen Mat. He's a coach, happy to work under constraints and he's cheap. WBA material
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:52 pm

Olly wrote:For once I'm glad to see us ignored by MOTD

Snobs Olly!

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:56 pm

fantastic from dejagah

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:59 pm

Brilliant cross by Aluko, fantastic run by Long

If we go down I hope Fulham don't, can't be dealing with them in our league anymore
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:02 pm

How can the ref not spot that handball he's in the air with his arm stretched out? Utterly ridiculous

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:05 pm

love bony, he's great

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:06 pm

I love Jonjo. We never shoulda sold him. Quality player.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:06 pm

That's goal of the season no doubt by Shelvey

Perfect strike
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:10 pm

villa's defence is shocking

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:14 pm

Olly wrote:That's goal of the season no doubt by Shelvey

Perfect strike

Initially I felt Rooney's was better but now that Robbie Savage shares that view I'm going with Jonjo now.

No way am I agreeing with that c*nt.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:16 pm

FreekShow wrote:

Perfect strike

Initially I felt Rooney's was better but now that Robbie Savage shares that view I'm going with Jonjo now.

No way am I agreeing with that c*nt.

haha

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:19 pm

The Special Juan wrote:
Crimey wrote:Can't see Sam surviving for much longer really. If he does go, he'll be in demand next year when teams fighting relegation sack their managers around Christmas, they'll all be hoping he'll be that year's Pulis.

Norwich will need a full-time manager, Norwich will be in the Championship, Sam gets teams promoted...  Is that not a match made in heaven?

Just saw this.

We just sacked a manager for boring defensive football which doesn't suit us. We're not gonna appoint a guy who is all that as well as being a fat w*nker

Plus as stated he's on ridiculous money
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:36 pm

TopoftheChops wrote:villa's defence is shocking

and according to many sources, Van Gaal might bring Vlaar to Old Trafford  Laugh

As for Bony, why did we not just stump up the £12m last summer, instead we pi**ed around & did nothing......and then in January we got De Jong  picard 

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:41 pm

I feel sorry for Big Sam.

Commentator mentioned the fat sam out banner and goes Big Sam has thick skin.

#UndercoverFatJokes

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:46 pm

Bit early for Martinez to be linked with Barca I feel.

Hughes has underlined this season as good as Pulis is he can only take a team so far.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:46 pm

I like Sherwood. Might be a decent get for a Championship side.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:49 pm

GSC wrote:I like Sherwood. Might be a decent get for a Championship side.

Norwich  Whistle 

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:58 pm

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 15 Tim+SHERWOOD+-+Panini+Norwich+City+1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:03 am

Well at least it'd be interesting
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:18 am

Olly wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Norwich didn't surprise me. RVW hasn't surprised me and I called him as a poor signing at the time. Ran before they could walk in the transfer market

I think with RVW he needs time to adapt that you don't get these days, not physically strong enough and his confidence is in tatters. Someone from Holland will take him and he'll start scoring again.

Not sure what you mean by ran before we could walk in the transfer market? We spent pretty much similar amounts to all the other bottom half sides

It was the jump to foreign markets. It felt to me like Hughton and Norwich had a bit of money and had settled in the Prem so they thought the next step was names like RVW when actually a Shane Long, less glamour, would have been very good. I don't think Norwich were good enough to throw money at signings like that just yet.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:29 am

By the way, thats a clear penalty, people in this country need to take off this stupid attitude to diving because not everything in the world is a dive just because the contact wasnt Julian Dicks flying at Roy Keane with 4 sets of studs in the air.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:38 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Olly wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Norwich didn't surprise me. RVW hasn't surprised me and I called him as a poor signing at the time. Ran before they could walk in the transfer market

I think with RVW he needs time to adapt that you don't get these days, not physically strong enough and his confidence is in tatters. Someone from Holland will take him and he'll start scoring again.

Not sure what you mean by ran before we could walk in the transfer market? We spent pretty much similar amounts to all the other bottom half sides

It was the jump to foreign markets. It felt to me like Hughton and Norwich had a bit of money and had settled in the Prem so they thought the next step was names like RVW when actually a Shane Long, less glamour, would have been very good. I don't think Norwich were good enough to throw money at signings like that just yet.

We signed like two guys permanently from abroad in RVW and Fer, hardly a massive leap to the foreign markets! I don't see why we shouldn't have not signed players from abroad, pretty much every team does it! Just our main guy didn't work out, it happens
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:48 am

I mean we signed Tettey and Garrido last season from abroad so its hardly like we've made a massive leap to buy from foreign markets

We spent some money to try and establish ourselves, some of it went on guys outside of Britain, some of it went on players domestically. It hasn't worked out unfortunately for us
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:51 am

I think the signings Norwich made were actually very decent looking signings. I thought they did very well in the market, working under the radar snapping up players that could very easily have been signed by teams either a few places above them in the Premier League or abroad. I don't think any of the signings they made in the summer, other than Elmander, looked dodgy. I think Olly is basically right when it was a failure of Hughton that Norwich spent money signings these players, who are undoubtedly good footballers, and Hughton refused to adapt the style or shape of the side to accommodate them. I don't think Norwich should have been relegated at the start of the year, I thought they would be pushing top half, I think it's been a combination of poor management and the players not playing to their best that has led to them being in the position they are in.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:04 am

Citing foreign transfers as a reason for failure is ridiculous full stop.

God forbid the regular homegrown players sharing some fault.

Back to top Go down

Post by LastDamnation Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:37 am

Perfect strike

Wilshere tho

LastDamnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next