The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Fighters of your Generation

+12
captain carrantuohil
joeyjojo618
coxy0001
Union Cane
azania
The_Phenom
88Chris05
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Rowley
HumanWindmill
Lumbering_Jack
D4thincarnation
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Best Fighters of your Generation - Page 2 Empty The Best Fighters of your Generation

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 23 May 2011, 1:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Who are the top 5 fighters of your generation?

For a boxer to qualify they have to be not more than 5 years older than you, and not more than 5 years younger than you.

Here are mine.

Manny Pacquiao
Nonito Donaire
Sergio Martinez
Juan Manual Marquez
Oscar De la Hoya

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

The Best Fighters of your Generation - Page 2 Empty Re: The Best Fighters of your Generation

Post by Scottrf Mon 23 May 2011, 2:44 pm

Mayweather is within your age range D4, why would you not have him on your list?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

The Best Fighters of your Generation - Page 2 Empty Re: The Best Fighters of your Generation

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 23 May 2011, 2:45 pm

This is rubbish.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 23 May 2011, 2:46 pm

Scottrf wrote:Mayweather is within your age range D4, why would you not have him on your list?

I might upset SBS censored

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 23 May 2011, 2:49 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Mayweather is within your age range D4, why would you not have him on your list?

It's a shame that you haven't, in the past, extended that same courtesy to everyone else with your inane 'Manny is the greatest, Floyd is a coward' ramblings. Still, better late than never, I suppose.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 23 May 2011, 2:54 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

It's a shame that you haven't, in the past, extended that same courtesy to everyone else with your inane 'Manny is the greatest, Floyd is a coward' ramblings. Still, better late than never, I suppose.

Have you got a list that follows the rules as yet?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 23 May 2011, 3:04 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

It wouldn't upset me. Flabberghast me perhaps.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 23 May 2011, 3:10 pm

The rules are rudey poo. BHop is well out of my range but i guess i can't have him in there then.

Quite honestly a bit of a joke. Should simply be the best 5 fighters you've watched live.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 23 May 2011, 3:14 pm

coxy0001 wrote:The rules are rudey poo. BHop is well out of my range but i guess i can't have him in there then.

Quite honestly a bit of a joke. Should simply be the best 5 fighters you've watched live.

Thats been done before, I'm not one for repetitive posts.

And Hopkins is not of your generation.

You were in nappies when he was planning robberies.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 23 May 2011, 3:17 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:The rules are rudey poo. BHop is well out of my range but i guess i can't have him in there then.

Thats been done before, I'm not one for repetitive posts.

laughing

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Mon 23 May 2011, 3:19 pm

Define live? Live as in you have watched them box live or live as in seen them in their house through the bushes outside? actually dont bother D4s list still wont alter.
I also agree with dave its a flawed system, my top 5 would all be prospects so how is that best of the generation?

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 23 May 2011, 3:21 pm

You were in nappies when he was planing robberies.

Fact is i've seen most of his fights since he became a prospect then big boxing name doesn't count then?

Flawed/joke system.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 23 May 2011, 3:22 pm

no-mas wrote:

Define live? Live as in you have watched them box live or live as in seen them in their house through the bushes outside? actually dont bother D4s list still wont alter.
I also agree with dave its a flawed system, my top 5 would all be prospects so how is that best of the generation?

Not the best of their generation of the generation, the best of your generation, hence why that have to be similar age range to you.

It is possible that you and the fighter went to school at the same time.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 23 May 2011, 3:23 pm

How do we define a generation? I always understood it to be 15 years?
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 23 May 2011, 3:25 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
You were in nappies when he was planing robberies.

Fact is i've seen most of his fights since he became a prospect then big boxing name doesn't count then?

Flawed/joke system.

I've seen Tom Jones sing as well, but he not in my generation.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 23 May 2011, 3:26 pm

People try to put us down
Just because we get around
Things they do look awful cold
I hope I die before I get old
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 23 May 2011, 3:26 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
no-mas wrote:

Not the best of their generation of the generation, the best of your generation, hence why that have to be similar age range to you.

It is possible that you and the fighter went to school at the same time.

http://www.ancestry.co.uk/learn/library/article.aspx?article=11152

"As a matter of common knowledge, we know that a generation averages about 25 years"

Sadly D4 has no knowledge and is just plain common.

Trot on D4, shown up again.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 23 May 2011, 3:26 pm

Silly system

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 23 May 2011, 3:27 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:How do we define a generation? I always understood it to be 15 years?
I'd say more like 25 on average, a generation being the age of having children. Doesn't work so well when you aren't talking about a single family.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 23 May 2011, 3:29 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:How do we define a generation? I always understood it to be 15 years?
I'd say more like 25 on average, a generation being the age of having children. Doesn't work so well when you aren't talking about a single family.

What if I'm the youngest in my generation? Can I pick people who are up to and including 25 years older than me?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 23 May 2011, 3:31 pm

Well, people are born continuously so like I say, doesn't really work outside of a family or with fixed time constraints. It's more of a lineage than a passage of time IMO.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 23 May 2011, 3:31 pm

Scottrf wrote:

About 12 years now.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 23 May 2011, 3:31 pm

Why not limit it to people born in the same "decade"...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Mon 23 May 2011, 3:31 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

What if I'm the youngest in my generation? Can I pick people who are up to and including 25 years older than me?

That depends on when the decade started censored

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 23 May 2011, 3:32 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

About 12 years now.

Read the link you bloody idiot. Contains REASONED points about what length a generation is. Muppet.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Mon 23 May 2011, 3:32 pm

Union Cane wrote:Why not limit it to people born in the same "decade"...

Damn beat me too it, well played boxing

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 23 May 2011, 3:32 pm

Scottrf wrote:Well, people are born continuously so like I say, doesn't really work outside of a family or with fixed time constraints. It's more of a lineage than a passage of time IMO.

Most people are only born the once, as far as I know.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 23 May 2011, 3:32 pm

Union Cane wrote:Why not limit it to people born in the same "decade"...
(X)1 to (X+1)0?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 23 May 2011, 3:33 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Well, people are born continuously so like I say, doesn't really work outside of a family or with fixed time constraints. It's more of a lineage than a passage of time IMO.
Most people are only born the once, as far as I know.
Correct, congratulations.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 23 May 2011, 3:34 pm

Sorry, fellas, but this has become absurd and irrelevant to boxing. Locked.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2