The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

v2 Wrestling Podcast Exclusive: Ezekiel Jackson's first post-WWE interview!

4 posters

Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast Exclusive: Ezekiel Jackson's first post-WWE interview! Empty v2 Wrestling Podcast Exclusive: Ezekiel Jackson's first post-WWE interview!

Post by Adam D Wed 21 May 2014, 9:29 pm

Welcome to another v2 Wrestling exclusive, as Ezekiel Jackson grants us his first interview since being released by WWE.

The last ever ECW champion, and a former Intercontinental champion, Big Zeke covers a range of topics.

During the interview, he discusses how he came to leave the WWE and how he got into the business initially. He talks candidly about his love for pro wrestling and how he lived the dream during his time with WWE.

Zeke opens up about his most memorable moments and matches as well as mentioning those who he would have loved to be in a program with.

We finish off the interview with a discussion about his future, which remains open to wrestling offers, as well as the new career in on-line personal training that he has developed.

Make sure to check out his website for more details on his training program as well as future wrestling bookings by going to www.physzeke.com

As always, make sure to check out our weekly wrestling roundup show by subscribing to our show athttp://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/

If you want to get in touch with the show, please email wrestling@v2journal.com, and you can follow us on twitter @v2wrestlingshow

A huge thank you to Rycklon aka Ezekiel for taking the time to talk to us.

To listen to the show scroll to the bottom of the page or download from iTunes here (click)

If you have problem listening to the show on the v2Journal, you can listen directly to the show on http://v2wrestling.com/5/post/2014/05/v2-wrestling-podcast-exclusive-ezekiel-jacksons-first-post-wwe-interview.html

Other things you may enjoy:

Interview with Chris Daniels
Hulk Hogan retrospective
Interview with TJ Perkins/ Manik
Interview with MVP
Interview with Snitsky
Interview with Austin Aries
Interview with Lex Luger
The latest v2 Wrestling Podcast

http://v2wrestling.com/5/post/2014/05/v2-wrestling-podcast-exclusive-ezekiel-jacksons-first-post-wwe-interview.html

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast Exclusive: Ezekiel Jackson's first post-WWE interview! Empty Re: v2 Wrestling Podcast Exclusive: Ezekiel Jackson's first post-WWE interview!

Post by Adam D Wed 21 May 2014, 9:30 pm

Highlights:

On working with Regal:
[Regal is] a teacher. He loves this business and wants everyone to understand this business is special. He was one of the guys I wanted to be like growing up because of his style. You would watch him on WCW and you would really think he was beating the crap out of somebody. It was really cool to be in there with a legend of this business”

On working with Christian:
You ask me what my favourite match was and it was with Christian. Christian would make anyone look special in that ring. To sit with them (Christian and Regal), learn with them and be able to put a match on with them makes you feel like “man, I’m really doing this!” Mt favourite match with him was in Mexico City
On planning out matches:
[I prefer] to see where a match takes you. Thats the fun part of it. You know if the fans are in to it, you can give them more. If not, its like, “I guess we’re done”.
On moving to Smackdown
I was ready to go into my big role and I land in this country called Scotland and I get to Glasgow and tear my quad, literally one week after I buried my dad. So that was my run on Smackdown and then when I came back I was on Raw.

Who he would have liked to have faced:
Theres a bunch. Again, as a fan, anyone would want to work [with] the Undertaker. He’s a big athletic guy who can still go, and he proved that at Wrestlemania 30 that he can still go. HHH definitely. But my ultimate would have been the Rock. I was a Rock fan. I think I could have good matches with anybody given the opportunity. If you have two guys who love the business and love to fight, you are going to get great matches.

Was it right to end the streak:
Right or wrong – it ended. The way it ended, for me as a fan was..”whoah!”. It put me back for a bit.

Wrestling after coming back from an injury:
It was on my mind, especially when the first thing I had to do was get clotheslined over the top rope by the Big Show and I had to land on my quad. But my doctor was phenomenal. He said “whats in your leg [now] – nothing can break that”. Once I landed on my leg and I was like “oh, okay, I’m good” and I was ready to go.
On Vinces quad tear:
His injury was the same as mine but both quads. He was out for 5 months but the guy [Vince] was a monster.

Where he rates the Intercontinental and ECW titles against each other:
It’s like having two kids. You can’t say you like one more than the other. I am a father of two kids and they are special to me in their own way. I could never compare the two and say one was better than the other.

On winning the Intercontinental belt:
I only found out on the day. That day was special to me as it was fathers day and I was thinking about my dad [who passed away). It was on the East coast and I saw my mum the night before. My mum saw me perform in the ring for the first night in New Jersey the night before. I was wearing the championship on fathers day and that was really exciting.

On pitching ideas:
Its always good to pitch ideas but whatever ideas they [creative] have, they are going to run with whether you are ready or not. You can submit ideas but you have to wait your turn and thats what I was willing to do.

On feedback from Vince:
I remember from my first night on TV with Brian Kendrick was that his [Vinces] reaction was that he liked what I did. The first physical thing I did was with Stevie Richards. I snatched him up and torture racked him for the first time and Vince said “I like that. I was ecstatic. This as my second or third week on TV and I was impressing the boss which is what you are supposed to do – impress the boss. So I was excited from the get go.

On being released
I knew my contract was coming to an end but I was still hoping that I might get the call [to renew] but it never happened that way. I got to live my dream for 7 years, so I am not unhappy with the way things happened.

On working with other promotions:
I just love wrestling. I am open to work with any promotion, whether that be WWE, TNA, ROH or any other promotion.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast Exclusive: Ezekiel Jackson's first post-WWE interview! Empty Re: v2 Wrestling Podcast Exclusive: Ezekiel Jackson's first post-WWE interview!

Post by Kurt N. Jurqa Thu 22 May 2014, 1:04 pm

I liked Big Zeke back when he was getting a decent push in ECW and it was just a shame on his injuries as it killed all the momentum and it coincided with a big push through of talent in from NXT so at his age he just fell down the pecking order.

Kurt N. Jurqa

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 22 May 2014, 3:08 pm

Really enjoyed that, well done lads. Any guy who has that kind of passion for it is ok in my books.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by PhoenixBeer Fri 23 May 2014, 12:32 pm

This interview was on Rajah.com, a good wrestling website. Well done guys.

PhoenixBeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down