The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premature Stoppages worst you've seen ?

+5
TRUSSMAN66
hazharrison
3fingers
adamk
Rodney
9 posters

Go down

Premature Stoppages worst you've seen ? Empty Premature Stoppages worst you've seen ?

Post by Rodney Fri 23 May 2014, 1:12 pm

Pretty topical considering the rematch is coming up next week, where does the Froch v Groves stoppage rank in the worst you've seen?

Recently we had Enzo Mac v Orvill Mckenzie, from memory Tyson v Ruddock 1 was stopped too early, Thompson got a raw deal when he was stopped against Nelson. Taylor v Chavez gets brought up in these conversations any others.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Premature Stoppages worst you've seen ? Empty Re: Premature Stoppages worst you've seen ?

Post by adamk Fri 23 May 2014, 1:14 pm

Thought the Dickinson vs Clarkson stoppage from the weekend was fairly premature given the punishment Dickinson's ribs were getting!

adamk

Back to top Go down

Premature Stoppages worst you've seen ? Empty Re: Premature Stoppages worst you've seen ?

Post by 3fingers Fri 23 May 2014, 2:31 pm

Off topic but dickinson says he'd love to fight groves, he's already beat him twice in the amateurs, once by first round stoppage.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 23 May 2014, 3:05 pm

3fingers wrote:Off topic but dickinson says he'd love to fight groves, he's already beat him twice in the amateurs, once by first round stoppage.

I went to a card in Seaburn once. Dikcinson went on after Groves (George stopped to watch Travis belt out a journeyman on his way to the locker room).

Which is totally irrelevant.

You're welcome.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 May 2014, 3:36 pm

Weaver - Dokes probably the worst I've seen.............Weaver covering up and blocking Dokes shots and then Curtis the clown stops it and there is a riot !!

Funny thing was the same guy nearly let Bramble decimate Tyrone Crawley.......

I thought that Argentinian got shafted the other week against Tommy Coyle...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 23 May 2014, 3:38 pm

Pacquiao vs Hatton

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 23 May 2014, 4:12 pm

hazharrison wrote:
3fingers wrote:Off topic but dickinson says he'd love to fight groves, he's already beat him twice in the amateurs, once by first round stoppage.

I went to a card in Seaburn once. Dikcinson went on after Groves (George stopped to watch Travis belt out a journeyman on his way to the locker room).

You're welcome.

Seaburn

You get all the hot tickets haz.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 23 May 2014, 4:34 pm

milkyboy wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

You're welcome.

Seaburn

He must have money, I've only ever been in a tent out the back of the Roker Hotel.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 23 May 2014, 4:40 pm

Rodney wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

You're welcome.

Seaburn

He must have money, I've only ever been in a tent out the back of the Roker Hotel.

Cheers Rodders

I think I attempted to catch every card in the UK that month for the hell of it. Ah, disposable income. Now I'm married I can't even afford BoxNation......

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectView Fri 23 May 2014, 4:43 pm

Vitali vs Lewis, they should have allowed at the least 1 more round and max 2 rounds, I am pretty Vitali would have knocked lewis out by then.

DirectView

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 23 May 2014, 4:45 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Rodney wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

You're welcome.

Seaburn

Cheers Rodders

I think I attempted to catch every card in the UK that month for the hell of it. Ah, disposable income. Now I'm married I can't even afford BoxNation......

Thats some going, you must've clocked up some miles. My disposable income is about 15.5 pounds now whose eating me out of my home.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 23 May 2014, 5:05 pm

Mrs milky and the milkyboy kid, have my disposable income in the negative. I don't imagine with number two on the way, that's improving anytime soon.

Life in a northern town eh boys

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 23 May 2014, 6:33 pm

Rodney wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
Rodney wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

You're welcome.

Seaburn

Cheers Rodders

Thats some going, you must've clocked up some miles. My disposable income is about 15.5 pounds now whose eating me out of my home.

Cheers Rodders

York Hall, Liverpool, Bolton, Altrincham and Sunderland I think. Had planned Belfast as well I think but a Rogan card fell through. Happy days!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 23 May 2014, 7:28 pm

DirectView wrote:Vitali vs Lewis, they should have allowed at the least 1 more round and max 2 rounds, I am pretty Vitali would have knocked lewis out by then.

Don't open that can of worms again, did you see Vitali's face??? Hardly a bad stoppage...

Enzo vs Mckenzie was a terrible stoppage (IJL..say no more)

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down