The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV

+40
funnyExiledScot
RDW
George Carlin
justified sinner
GLove39
21st Century Schizoid Man
EST
VinceWLB
EWT Spoons
Geordie
TJ
Pal Joey
Welly
Poorfour
des
St John The Enforcer
lostinwales
Imperialbigdave
tigertattie
Notch
Tattie Scones RRN
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Dorothy_Mantooth
R!skysports
highland_scot
SecretFly
RuggerRadge2611
madmaccas
the_oncoming_storm
reallybored
alive555
Biltong
demosthenes
MacKnocked-on
Weegie Wizard
BigGee
nickj
Nematode
Majestic83
44 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV - Page 3 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV

Post by George Carlin Fri 27 Jun 2014, 6:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Historical Banter:
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV - Page 3 Blacka10
https://www.606v2.com/t48240-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread
https://www.606v2.com/t51313-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-ii
https://www.606v2.com/t53119-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-iii

A new thread for the 2014/5 season.

A. Edinburgh Rugby
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV - Page 3 Edinbu10

1. Coaching Team

Alan Solomons - head coach
Stevie Scott -  assistant coach
Omar Mouneimne - assistant coach

2. Players In

Neil Cochrane from London Wasps
John Andress from Worcester Warriors
Rory Sutherland from Gala RFC
Tom Heathcote from Bath Rugby
Michael Tait from Newcastle Falcons
Fraser McKenzie from Newcastle Falcons
Phil Burleigh from the Highlanders
Anton Bresler from the Sharks
Brett Thompson from USA 7s

3. Players Out

Steven Lawrie retired
Alun Walker released
Alex Allan to Glasgow Warriors
Geoff Cross to London Irish
Lewis Niven released
Sean Cox to London Irish
Robert McAlpine released
Perry Parker to Rotherham Titans
Izak van der Westhuizen released
Ross Rennie to Bristol Rugby
Dimitri Basilaia released
Alex Black released
Greig Laidlaw to Gloucester Rugby
Chris Leck released
Piers Francis released
Gregor Hunter released
Harry Leonard to Leeds Carnegie
Ben Atiga retired
Ben Cairns retired
Nick De Luca to Biarritz Olympique
Lee Jones released
Aleki Lutui to Gloucester Rugby

4. Pre-season Fixtures

Leicester Tigers v Edinburgh
Saturday 23 August, 14:00
Welford Road

Edinburgh v Newcastle Falcons
Friday 29 August, 19:45
Mansfield Park, Hawick

B. Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV - Page 3 Glasgo10

1. Coaching Team

Gregor Townsend – Head Coach
Shade Munro – Forwards Coach
Matt Taylor – Defence Coach

2. Players In

Alex Allan from Edinburgh
Murray McConnell from Ayr RFC
Euan Murray from Worcester Warriors
James Downey from Munster
Rossouw de Klerk from the Cheetahs

3. Players Out

Moray Low to Exeter Chiefs
Chris Cusiter to Sale Sharks
Ruaridh Jackson to London Wasps
Ed Kalman retired
Byron McGuigan released
Finlay Gillies released
Scott Wight to Melrose RFC
Gabriel Ascárate released
Folau Niua released
Carlin Isles to USA 7s

4. Pre-season Fixtures

Glasgow Warriors v Harlequins
Saturday 23 August, 14:30
Scotstoun Stadium

London Scottish v Glasgow Warriors
Saturday 30 August, 15:00
Richmond Athletic Ground

Last edited by George Carlin on Fri 01 Aug 2014, 1:37 am; edited 8 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV - Page 3 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV

Post by RDW Thu 03 Jul 2014, 2:34 pm

Just too much competition at lock for the Bocks eh?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV - Page 3 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV

Post by Biltong Thu 03 Jul 2014, 2:47 pm

That is the unfortunate thing for Anton, when he came onto the scene we had Danie Rossouw, Vicki and BAkkies, now we have Etzebeth, Pieter Steph du Toit, Lood de Jager, Stefan Lewies and these are all very class players.

His injuries hasn't helped him either, when the gap for bok selection came he was injured.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Thu 03 Jul 2014, 4:09 pm

Well it seems Western has left Glasgow. Not a surprise really. He had zero game time. Bit of a waste.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 03 Jul 2014, 4:12 pm

cakeordeath wrote:Well it seems Western has left Glasgow. Not a surprise really. He had zero game time. Bit of a waste.
Yes, he was a bit of a Stunt Signing. Not a surprise he wants to focus on 7s with the Olympics coming up and presumably he got enough of a taste for 15s to be properly scared off. I get the sense that Toonie had already decided he wasn't quite right.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Thu 03 Jul 2014, 4:56 pm

Biltong wrote:That is the unfortunate thing for Anton, when he came onto the scene we had Danie Rossouw, Vicki and BAkkies, now we have Etzebeth, Pieter Steph du Toit, Lood de Jager, Stefan Lewies and these are all very class players.

His injuries hasn't helped him either, when the gap for bok selection came he was injured.

Hes from Namibia although i guess that wouldnt stop him playing for a foreign country including possibly scotland Smile

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 03 Jul 2014, 7:31 pm

cakeordeath wrote:Well it seems Western has left Glasgow. Not a surprise really. He had zero game time. Bit of a waste.

I would not say a waste, an interesting experiment and some very good publicity for the club. At the end of the day though he was never really likely to be big enough for pro rugby and Glasgow not exactly short of wingers. He should stick to sevens, he could be very good at it, hope to see him make the Olympics.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Thu 03 Jul 2014, 10:17 pm

Just seen that the final go ahead for the redevelopment of Raeburn place has been granted.

https://twitter.com/edinspotlight/status/484799070457049088/photo/1

Things are kicking off in Stockbridge!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Fri 04 Jul 2014, 2:27 am

Getting excited about Edinburgh again, really pleased with the summer signings so far.

Especially Heathcote, McKenzie and Bresler. Also keen to see the young Gala prop, Sutherland, get a chance.

Weakness is 13, could do with some pace alongside Scott.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 04 Jul 2014, 9:17 am

Saw this and was immediately confused

John Yapp: Wasps sign Wales international prop from Edinburgh

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/28148836

Forgot that we 'loaned' him to LI last year and that he technically was still an Edinburgh player!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 04 Jul 2014, 12:11 pm

Edinbrugh injury bulletin

Wing Tom Brown [pictured] sustained knee ligament damage in the club's penultimate game of the season, against Munster at Meggetland (3 May).

Tom does not require surgery and is expected to return to training around October, his comeback delayed by an operation to remove his appendix.

Full-back Jack Cuthbert sustained knee ligament damage while representing Scotland in the HSBC Sevens World Series in London (11 May). Fortunately Jack does not require surgery and is expected to return around September.

Back-row Mike Coman and prop Willem Nel have both had surgery to correct ongoing knee complaints and are expected to be available for selection around September.

Centre Matt Scott has had surgery to correct the injury endured when he dislocated his shoulder against Leinster in the last game of the season (10 May). He is expected to be available for selection around December.

Finally, prop Allan Dell has had surgery to repair a torn pectoral muscle and is expected to be available for selection around October.

Matt Scott being out for so long is a massive blow, as it will mean a fairly unexciting centre combo for the first half of the season.

Everyone else generally will be back for the start of the season, but bit of a shame that we'll have to wait a while to see Dell in action.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:05 pm

Around September and October does not necessarily mean the beginning of the season and they have then got to get match fit as well. Looks like Edinburgh will start a few players down, but that is probably normal and most sides will be in the same boat. Squad depth really does count over a season.

If Matt Scott gets back to full fitness this side of xmas we should be pleased, always got to allow the best part of 6 months for a shoulder op. Good job a lot of it was over the summer. Looks like there will be more rotation than last year one way or another!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 2:06 pm

In the long term it might do Matt Scott having some extended time off with it going to be an extended season with the build up to the world cup.
Would imagine the SRU will push for more rotation and time off for some of the Scotland players to keep them as fresh as possible.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 04 Jul 2014, 2:13 pm

Normally I'd agree, but he missed a lot of this season with injury too.

He's a young lad - he needs to be playing rugby!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 2:17 pm

Was it not the autumn early winter he missed last year as well. Maybe he doesnt like that time of year and sits it out!
He'll obviously miss the autumns tests so will be interesting to see who replaces him at 12 for Scotland. Horne hasn't impressed me much since he came back from injury but to be fair to him it was a long period out so he maybe needs more games. Going to be an intriguing battle at Glasgow for the 12 and 13 jerseys between Horne, Dunbar and Bennett.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 04 Jul 2014, 2:19 pm

I hope he's not the new Simon Taylor - fantastic young player but injuries prevent him fulfilling his potential

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 2:31 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:I hope he's not the new Simon Taylor - fantastic young player but injuries prevent him fulfilling his potential

The type of injuries he has had I think he has just been unlucky and are injuries most players will pick up at some point in their career. Been unfortunate they have been pretty close together.

I noticed on the Edinburgh site they have put up a lot of the EDP players profiles. Jake Kerr who is a hooker I think, is he any relation to John Kerr who played for Watsonians, Edinburgh and Scotland A during the 90s?

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 04 Jul 2014, 2:53 pm

Majestic83 wrote:
I noticed on the Edinburgh site they have put up a lot of the EDP players profiles. Jake Kerr who is a hooker I think, is he any relation to John Kerr who played for Watsonians, Edinburgh and Scotland A during the 90s?

If you'd read the profiles you would have seen

Jake’s father also played senior representative rugby, for Scotland 7s and Scotland A.

To suggest he is!  Very Happy 

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 2:57 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
Majestic83 wrote:

Jake’s father also played senior representative rugby, for Scotland 7s and Scotland A.

Unfortunately the works computer classes those as restricted and denies access to them!
Bloomin local authority rules!

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 04 Jul 2014, 3:02 pm

Majestic83 wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
Majestic83 wrote:

Unfortunately the works computer classes those as restricted and denies access to them!
Bloomin local authority rules!

Ally Miller, the 18 year old number 8, is 6ft 3 and 14st 9lb, and that's not allowing for the fact that they normally inflate these figures   Shocked 

Think it's fair to see he needs to put a bit of meat on!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Fri 04 Jul 2014, 3:46 pm

Disappointing with regard to Scott (and Coman). I wouldn't be totally surprised if we see a fringe centre (NDL, Evans, Taylor, Grove) possibly loaned to Edinburgh until December or Tonks temporarily moving to centre. The ER squad does have some promising youngsters though, so this could be a chance to develop another Finn Russell...

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 4:15 pm

Nematode wrote:Disappointing with regard to Scott (and Coman). I wouldn't be totally surprised if we see a fringe centre (NDL, Evans, Taylor, Grove) possibly loaned to Edinburgh until December or Tonks temporarily moving to centre. The ER squad does have some promising youngsters though, so this could be a chance to develop another Finn Russell...

I think the 12 position will be well covered with Strauss and Burleigh and 13 there is Beard, Chris Dean who I think will get some game time. I'd doubt we'll see any other centres come in as there is also Chris Auld who looks promising but just needs to get some games under his belt and Michael Tait who i am less convinced about.

Out of the ones you mentioned the only likely one would be Duncan Taylor as think he could struggle to get game time at Saracens this season as they have a couple of young centres who played in the U20s world cup for England in their first team for the coming season along with Barritt, Bosch and Wyles who seemed to be preferred to Taylor come the end of the season.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 04 Jul 2014, 4:57 pm

So the 23 for the start of the season, removing injured players (and assuming Burleigh and Bresler would be quite ready from the outset), should be as follows:

1.Dickinson 2.Ford 3.Andress 4.McKenzie 5.Gilchrist 6.Du Preez 7.Grant 8.Denton 9.Hart 10.Heathcote 11.Visser 12.Strauss 13.Beard 14.Fife 15.Bezzy

16.Berghan 17.Hilterbrand 18.Blaauw 19.Atkins 20.Leonardi 21.Hidalgo-Clyne 22.Tonks 23.McLennan

Not bad - the centre combination will hardly inspire a new generation of poets, but otherwise pretty decent, and the bench looks ok as well.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 04 Jul 2014, 5:22 pm

Majestic83 wrote:
Nematode wrote:Disappointing with regard to Scott (and Coman). I wouldn't be totally surprised if we see a fringe centre (NDL, Evans, Taylor, Grove) possibly loaned to Edinburgh until December or Tonks temporarily moving to centre. The ER squad does have some promising youngsters though, so this could be a chance to develop another Finn Russell...

I think the 12 position will be well covered with Strauss and Burleigh and 13 there is Beard, Chris Dean who I think will get some game time. I'd doubt we'll see any other centres come in as there is also Chris Auld who looks promising but just needs to get some games under his belt and Michael Tait who i am less convinced about.

Out of the ones you mentioned the only likely one would be Duncan Taylor as think he could struggle to get game time at Saracens this season as they have a couple of young centres who played in the U20s world cup for England in their first team for the coming season along with Barritt, Bosch and Wyles who seemed to be preferred to Taylor come the end of the season.

Duncan Taylor may well come north but probably not this year as he is still under contract and I would be surprised to if they would let him go. He will get some game time at Saracens but is unlikely to be there first choice. I imagine he will move on from there next year. He might actually be a better fit for Glasgow, who are a bit lighter on 12's than Edinburgh. If not to Scotland then he is likely to move to another AP team. I am sure he will feel the need and has probably earnt the right to a starting spot. Always going to be difficult at Sarries though, who will open the chequebook if they perceive any weaknesses in the squad. He is unlikely ever to be a big enough name for them.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 6:18 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:So the 23 for the start of the season, removing injured players (and assuming Burleigh and Bresler would be quite ready from the outset), should be as follows:

1.Dickinson 2.Ford 3.Andress 4.McKenzie 5.Gilchrist 6.Du Preez 7.Grant 8.Denton 9.Hart 10.Heathcote 11.Visser 12.Strauss 13.Beard 14.Fife 15.Bezzy

16.Berghan 17.Hilterbrand 18.Blaauw 19.Atkins 20.Leonardi 21.Hidalgo-Clyne 22.Tonks 23.McLennan

Not bad - the centre combination will hardly inspire a new generation of poets, but otherwise pretty decent, and the bench looks ok as well.

I'm not sure when bresler is expected as I got a tweet from him yesterday saying he was hoping to be involved before the season starts.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 05 Jul 2014, 6:54 pm

Watching the Sharks game and have to say I'm very impressed with Bresler.

Massively physical, and pretty good about the park with ball in hand too!

Just hope he doesn't get injured....

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 05 Jul 2014, 7:23 pm

Although he was subbed off after 45 minutes...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Sat 05 Jul 2014, 8:22 pm

Not surprisingly considering it was his first game back from injury.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 05 Jul 2014, 8:54 pm

He is certainly going to be an improvement over VdW who was lets be honest a bit of a passenger. And unlike him he will come right after the super rugby not the Currie cup.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 06 Jul 2014, 8:10 am

Well done to Jonny Gray - RW magazine Young Player of the Year:
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV - Page 3 Gray10
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sun 06 Jul 2014, 9:43 am

I'm pleased he's getting the recognition he deserves. Vern Cotter has a job on his hands picking the best lock combination. I'd like to see the Grays play together, assuming they can run the lineout. Gilchrist on the bench.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 06 Jul 2014, 11:48 am

Quite exciting not to have to rely on Jim 'are you looking at my bird?' Hamilton or Al 'that ruck looks dangerous, I'm just going to stand here' Kellock any longer.

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Sun 06 Jul 2014, 1:57 pm

Watched the Tahs v Highlanders game earlier today. The Tahs pack munched the Clan and they came out comfortable winners. Worth noting that Burleigh came on for the Clan when the game was gone and scored a good consolation try, got the ball in midfield, spotted space , chipped and gathered - try.

I'll be happy if he can do that for Edinburgh. Preferably not when we've already lost the game.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 06 Jul 2014, 7:14 pm

I love all this boundless enthusiasm emanating from the eastern shores. It will make the annual slaughter of the effeminates all the more enjoyable. Whistle 

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by the_oncoming_storm Mon 07 Jul 2014, 12:04 am

I haven't seen this posted yet - new news?

Brett Thompson Joining Edinburgh

the_oncoming_storm

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 07 Jul 2014, 5:58 am

the_oncoming_storm wrote:I haven't seen this posted yet - new news?

Welcome to these boards, oncoming.Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV - Page 3 Cancan10

I guess that signing is official, then. The annoying/interesting thing is that he was SQ, but having played his first test against Canada a fortnight ago, I assume that he is now ineligible for Scotland.

I did laugh at the press release which said he would be under pressure for his place from Nikki Walker...
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 07 Jul 2014, 8:45 am

the_oncoming_storm wrote:I haven't seen this posted yet - new news?

Welcome, and what a brilliantly dark name!

Looks like that's the final signing then, and must be a done deal if he's giving interviews.

Not massively exciting, and I hope he doesn't keep Hoyland and Farndale from getting their chance, but he's on a 1 year deal so let's see what happens.

Here's some promising clips of him in action - he looks a big strong runner and is 6ft 4 apparently. In the Nikki Walker mould from what I can see, but hopefully less injury prone!

I just hope he doesn't turn into another Mike Penn (who?) who didn't play a single game for Edinburgh!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:13 am

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 07 Jul 2014, 10:16 am

Hard to get excited about an NSQ winger on a 1 year deal, when we also have Farndale and Hoyland on the books. Totally pointless signing in my opinion.

Also, I thought Nikki Walker had retired? He's still listed on the Edinburgh website and was mentioned in the article.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 07 Jul 2014, 4:30 pm

Looks like it's singed, sealed and delivered now - he's even replying to people's Tweets saying he's looking forward to it, and said he had his last training run before moving to Scotland!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 07 Jul 2014, 5:41 pm

Great, what a coup.

I really hope he doesn't keep Farndale and Hoyland away from the first team. I know, if he does it'll probably mean he deserves to and I always bang on about meritocracy being important in the squad, but short of this guy being the next Visser or DTH I really don't see what this signing achieves.

I've been Googling away and can't find anything on Nikki Walker retiring (I must have imagined it). Is he going to be in the reckoning as well next season? That means we'll have Visser, Fife, Farndale, Hoyland, Walker and Thompson all as specialist wingers!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 07 Jul 2014, 5:42 pm

Don't forget Sam Beard and S-H-C now...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 07 Jul 2014, 5:47 pm

In other news, I see Glasgow are in France for 2 weeks as part of their pre season regime - nice life for some eh!

For some reason they're giving the players 3 weeks off after the first 5 weeks of training, and will join back with the Scotland players in early August.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 07 Jul 2014, 5:51 pm

Walker won't play for Edinburgh again, unless an absolutely dire injury crisis and even then probably not. He knew which way the wind was blowing when he took the Hawick coaching job. That is his future now. He signed a 2 year contract so nominally is still available, but that is the stretch of it!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 07 Jul 2014, 5:52 pm

I did say "specialist wingers", not "players stuck out on the wing without any of the requisite skills or experience to be successful there".

I've already paid dearly for my decision to acquire an Edinburgh season ticket for next season - as revenge Mrs fES rinsed me for an ungodly amount at the weekend acquiring baby paraphernalia. We are the proud owners of a "baby travel system" (it's so much more than a pram, honestly) of a value so eye watering that it could probably serve to plug the gaping hole in Alex Salmond's financial projections.

My already paid for Edinburgh home games are now going to be the only entertainment I can afford - and if I see Sam Beard on the wing I will actually cry.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 07 Jul 2014, 5:58 pm

When's the baby due FES? First one?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 07 Jul 2014, 6:17 pm

You know boys I think we should start a collection to buy the Festeenie his/her first proper proper rugby shirt. I'm thinking one with the words Warriors and Glasgow on the front and Kellock on the back.Or maybe an Ickle Jonnie romper suit?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 07 Jul 2014, 8:40 pm

Thanks Jimbo. It's a wee girl so a Kellock jersey is probably appropriate.....

Yes, first mini fES. Expected end of August, just in time for the new season...

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 07 Jul 2014, 8:53 pm

Was gonna suggest Chunk as a good name, but your daughter will have a miserable time at school if you call her that....

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:27 pm

Bill Lothian at it again.

NEW Edinburgh signing Phil Burleigh scored a try as Otago Highlanders thrashed New South Wales Waratahs 44-16 in Sydney at the weekend.

Does he really watch any rugby, or just get everything wrong? My report, above, was much more accurate.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Mon 07 Jul 2014, 10:30 pm

Found this on an American rugby site (possibly official) http://www.thisisamericanrugby.com/2014/07/brett-thompson-joining-edinburgh.html

Could this be a one year trial and not a full contract?

"I'm excited for the opportunity and can't wait to see how I progress over the year," Thompson said to TIAR. His deal is initially for one year but like with other Americans overseas if he plays well he could see more time. Thompson has plenty of ties to Scotland with his dad and All-Americans head coach Salty Thompson being raised in the country.

He'll have plenty of competition for playing time this upcoming season with the like of ... Nikki Walker ... on the Edinburgh wings. " Hard to take this credibly though...

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next