The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chisora v Fury - Going for a Chisora upset !!

+22
theanimal316
Mr Bounce
jimdig
tunes666
Steffan
3fingers
kingraf
jbeadlesbigrighthand
aja424
Dipper Brown
Derbymanc
wheelchair1991
John Bloody Wayne
Strongback
hogey
Hammersmith harrier
88Chris05
catchweight
TopHat24/7
Rowley
hazharrison
TRUSSMAN66
26 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chisora v Fury -  Going for a Chisora upset !! - Page 3 Empty Chisora v Fury - Going for a Chisora upset !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Considering Chisora was a near 20 stone fatty the first time and Fury didn't look convincing.......Gives me the feeling that with a 12 round window and against a chin that has been dented by an old and knackered Cruiser...Chisora may get through eventually and cause an upset....

Even though I can't stand Derek......My disregard for Fury is such that I don't really give a rat's assss who wins...

But I'm going with Chisora..............Has a better chin than Haye and Fury looks too amateurish...still !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Chisora v Fury -  Going for a Chisora upset !! - Page 3 Empty Re: Chisora v Fury - Going for a Chisora upset !!

Post by Steffan Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:14 pm

I love Porthcawl and my parents had a place down there a few years back but with current price of the static caravans down there along with the most expensive fees in the UK it really has become a place where only the loaded who like to stay in Britain can afford. I was in Belgrade on the weekend and for the price of a flight, apartment and cheap beers/food I think I would rather spend my money somewhere like that

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Chisora v Fury -  Going for a Chisora upset !! - Page 3 Empty Re: Chisora v Fury - Going for a Chisora upset !!

Post by aja424 Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:25 am

Off there at the end of August. Got a bit of change from a grand for a decent caravan. Last time thought I might see Calzaghe in Bridgend, before realising its Newbridge he's from. If I was to see him I probably won't mention that i'm from Nottingham.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:10 am

First of all Fury has not been floored by a Cruiserweight.

He was floored by an ex Cruiserweight weight who has fought two Heavyweight fights previous and was 210. That's not a Cruiserweight and when you move up and weight you can also carry more power with you.

more importantly he was not really hurt by the shot and recovered within seconds.

What he was guilty of is leaving him self open to the shot and walking into it. Any Heavyweight that leaves them self to get get hit by an open shot against a guy weighing 210 is more than likely going to topple over! unless they have an exceptional chin.

Chisora was over weight in their fight but I have a feeling that was also part of their plan, with Fury being so big him self. Fury has also improved his fitness since that fight.

I think Chisora being smaller is not really going to help him other than make him more easy for Fury to lean on and tire.

I see the fight pretty much going the same way.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:14 am

You do make up a load of rubbish for fighters you like, Fury was floored and hurt by a Cruiserweight, plain and simple.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:23 am

I actually dont mind Chisora but he is a European level journeyman while Fury has the potential to be world champion. Fury will win again only this time more convincingly probably knocking out the Chis

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:37 am

Anyway, despite your belief that anyone can get floored cos its' HW boxing, the bigger issue is that fact that Fury is leaving himself open to big shots. Now for a man claiming to be the best HW on the planet, do we want to put our support behind a knucklehead who can't get out of the way of shots thrown by fighters he considers beneath him?

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:44 am

No. Clearly we should all get behind David Haye again. I don't think I could handle another white knuckle ride Haye foray into the heavyweight division though. Heart rate still hasn't returned to normal from the first one.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:04 am

I want Haye v Audley 2

Audley would love another pay day and Haye likes opponents that dont fight back so everyones a winner. PPV no doubt as this will be the second biggest heavyweight fight in Britain ever after Haye v Chisora

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:02 am

DAVE667 wrote:Anyway, despite your belief that anyone can get floored cos its' HW boxing, the bigger issue is that fact that Fury is leaving himself open to big shots. Now for a man claiming to be the best HW on the planet, do we want to put our support behind a knucklehead who can't get out of the way of shots thrown by fighters he considers beneath him?

Himself? Always suspected he was a little schitzo.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:41 am

I don't rate Chisora, but I REALLY don't rate Fury. The only thing he has on his side is his size. He has very little technique, and also poor power for someone so huge. He does have charisma of sorts, but unfortunately he comes across as a deluded oaf who has a very high opinion of himself. Has he ever faced a dangerous puncher? Nope. There is a very good reason for this: the first time that one connects, he's gone.

At least Chisora has taken his lumps, been defeated and come back for more. He has also fought against MUCH higher quality opponents. Both were disgraceful with regard to their preparation (fat bar stewards) last time they fought, but I do worry that this fight will be a bore-fest that will be awarded to Fury regardless unless he's sparked out. I don't think that Dereck has the power to keep Tyson down. He might have him over, but he won't keep him there.

So much as I would prefer Chisora to win, I feel we will have to listen to yet more drivel from the 6ft 9 lump who proclaims himself the best in the world. Oh joy...

OR... there's always the option of a DQ loss  Shocked 

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:20 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:You do make up a load of rubbish for fighters you like, Fury was floored and hurt by a Cruiserweight, plain and simple.
Thats what you say, the facts are, and going by the boxing rules and regulations is that he was floored by a Heavyweight.

If you weight more than 200 then you are a Heavyweight.... He did so for three fights and is currently fighting in the Heavyweight division. In the fury fight he came in at 210.

Answer me this. If he came in at 210 for a Cruiserweight fight, would it be a Cruiserweight contest?, if not then why?

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:23 am

DAVE667 wrote:Anyway, despite your belief that anyone can get floored cos its' HW boxing, the bigger issue is that fact that Fury is leaving himself open to big shots. Now for a man claiming to be the best HW on the planet, do we want to put our support behind a knucklehead who can't get out of the way of shots thrown by fighters he considers beneath him?

Of course Fury does not think he is the best fighter on the planet.

Clearly he is happy to play the bad boy.

And yes he is vulnerable, this is what makes him exciting, that being said he clearly went into that fight decided to just have a scrap. He has shown he can box smarter when he wants to..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:25 am

If the fight was at heavyweight then Fury was floored by a heavyweight

He got up and won anyway and knocked Cunningham the FO

Fury haters dont like to mention that bit though

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:37 am

You mean the knockout punch delivered while his other hand was pushed into Cunningham's throat illegally?

Cunningham is a Cruiserweight, bulking up a few pounds doesn't change that, at his age you don't go from being a light hitting Cruiserweight to being a Heavyweight with a punch.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:13 am

He was a light hitting chubby cruiserweight fury mauled him and wore a 40 year old i think chisora will beat fury this time

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:01 am

Fury walked square on into the punch. Doesn't take a power punch to knock a square on fighter over.

Fury v Chis should be a good fight. It not's Sugar Ray v Hearns just a domestic scrap with a bit of grit and thunder.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:29 pm

Should a bloke looking for a World title shot still be walking square on into shots though? Especially if he's as good as he thinks (or some of you knuckleheads seem to think) he is?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:30 pm

jimdig wrote:

What exactly is the problem with that sentence Jimdig, or perhaps you prefer the word "hisself"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:36 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Should a bloke looking for a World title shot still be walking square on into shots though? Especially if he's as good as he thinks (or some of you knuckleheads seem to think) he is?

Who actually rates him on here Dave? I certainly don't recall too many waxing lyrical about his skills. Think most see him for what he is, a game but limited trier who provides a few thrills and spills in a pretty dull division.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:38 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Should a bloke looking for a World title shot still be walking square on into shots though? Especially if he's as good as he thinks (or some of you knuckleheads seem to think) he is?

Hagler got hit by a Mugabi lead uppercut in the 4th round.....

We are being kind to Fury really.............I had it 5-1 to an old tired cruiser....He got hit with stupid shots all night......Woodhall had it 5-1 the other way but I'm sure he scored Naz-Barrera 120-108....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:46 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:He was a light hitting chubby cruiserweight fury mauled him and wore a 40 year old i think chisora will beat fury this time

Have to disagree with the chubby remark, Cunningham looked ripped to shreds in that fight and the extra pounds lookled muscle to me. Still a tiny heavyweight however. That being said I expect Chisora to get a UD win this time also as without Fury's collossal size he would offer very little to trouble anyone.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:00 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Should a bloke looking for a World title shot still be walking square on into shots?

That strategy didn't do carl froch's career any harm.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:29 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
jimdig wrote:

What exactly is the problem with that sentence Jimdig, or perhaps you prefer the word "hisself"?

He can't get out of the way of shots thrown by fighters he considers beneath him? Considering he can't get out of the way of an uppercut thrown by himself by your rationale he must be schitzo. A lame joke granted, even more lame when I have to explain it......

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:32 pm

On a serious note can anybody get excited for this fight ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:37 pm

Not going out of my way to watch it Truss, but if it was on in my local I would watch it. Two evenly matched up fighters and whether we like it or not the winner is likely to find himself in for the world title very soon, as such it has relevance.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:39 pm

Rowley wrote:Not going out of my way to watch it Truss, but if it was on in my local I would watch it. Two evenly matched up fighters and whether we like it or not the winner is likely to find himself in for the world title very soon, as such it has relevance.

Kind of how I see it.....

Warren has misjudged the mood on this somewhat I feel.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:40 pm

No, with boxing I like fighters with skill or power, a total bonus if they have both. Chisora and fury have neither.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:53 pm

Got this feeling they'll be hugging so much.....They'll be officially Man and Wife by the tenth...

Have to agree that I like standards Jimmy...........Especially in a Woman.....

It's why I never asked ONETWO out on a date... Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:01 pm

milkyboy wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Should a bloke looking for a World title shot still be walking square on into shots?

That strategy didn't do carl froch's career any harm.
You watch the Ward fight? It demonstrated to all and sundry that Froch is someway beneath "elite" despite what he says

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:03 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Got this feeling they'll be hugging so much.....They'll be officially Man and Wife by the tenth...

Surely that would be akin to asking yourself out on a date TRUSSY

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:05 pm

Might as well say the same about a lot of top fighters then Dave..........Barrera lost to Junior twice !!

Styles make fights....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:05 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Got this feeling they'll be hugging so much.....They'll be officially Man and Wife by the tenth...

Surely that would be akin to asking yourself out on a date TRUSSY

Stranger things have happened... Wink 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:09 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Might as well say the same about a lot of top fighters then Dave..........Barrera lost to Junior twice !!

Styles make fights....
And skills pay the bills if we're trotting out clichés...point being, Ward is, in my opinion, an elite fighter and the way he handled Froch makes it difficult to include Froch in the same bracket.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:22 pm

I am genuinely looking forward to this fight.

I really hope (but don't expect) that Tyson ups his game and puts on a very good show. We don't really know how (if at all) he has improved since the Cunningham fight.

He was in training for the biggest fight of his career (twice) and was claiming to be the best he has ever been (as backed up by Peter). They fell through, he let himself go, fought a nobody and now this fight. I just hope that he is in shape and has the passion he was claiming that he had for the Haye fight.

#believeintheFury

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:26 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Might as well say the same about a lot of top fighters then Dave..........Barrera lost to Junior twice !!

Styles make fights....
And skills pay the bills if we're trotting out clichés...point being, Ward is, in my opinion, an elite fighter and the way he handled Froch makes it difficult to include Froch in the same bracket.

Junior Jones wasn't world class...

Might as well say Foreman isn't a top heavy after being schooled by Ali.......

Turpin beat robbo by a wide margin first up...

History is littered with top fighters that struggled with certain styles..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:27 pm

Adam D wrote:I am genuinely looking forward to this fight.

#believeintheFury

There is always one..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:53 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Styles make fights....

Junior Jones wasn't world class...

Might as well say Foreman isn't a top heavy after being schooled by Ali.......

Turpin beat robbo by a wide margin first up...

History is littered with top fighters that struggled with certain styles..........
But Barrera beat plenty of guys who were...which would negate any claim that he couldn't be world class because he lost to a guy who wasn't? Think Froch is confusing "world class" with "elite" but that's just my take on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:00 pm

Barrera is just one example................and Froch has beaten World class operators anyway..

Starling beat world class welters in ...Breland, Honey and Brown.......

Lost to Johnny Bumphus...

You can't hold one fight against a fighter with an otherwise top CV and say it shows he's not up there.....Fighters also  have bad nights too..Just ask Haz..........Duran would have hammered Leonard in New Orleans If he'd had three more weeks to prepare !!......

No one knows how good ward is either.............Have a suspicion he's one of the greatest fighters of alltime..

Kalambay beat Mccallum........Vito drew with Hagler.............S**t happens..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:17 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Barrera is just one example................and Froch has beaten World class operators anyway..

Starling beat world class welters in ...Breland, Honey and Brown.......

Lost to Johnny Bumphus...

You can't hold one fight against a fighter with an otherwise top CV and say it shows he's not up there.....Fighters also  have bad nights too..Just ask Haz..........Duran would have hammered Leonard in New Orleans If he'd had three more weeks to prepare !!......

No one knows how good ward is either.............Have a suspicion he's one of the greatest fighters of alltime..

Kalambay beat Mccallum........Vito drew with Hagler.............S**t happens..
I'm talking about Froch saying he's operated at an ELITE level and for me, that's Ward and the way Ward handled Froch would suggest Froch is just below elite

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:22 pm

I don't mind you being wrong......It's just irks the way after all these years you stubbornly plough forward with every argument that you know has been well and truly tossed into the Ocean several posts ago..

Give it up............

Subtly changing the argument ain't going to work......Sunny.. Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:28 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

#believeintheFury

There is always one..

Not every fight has to be Ali/ Frazier in quality/ build up.

There was a cracking fight on C5 a month back with two British fighters that was more entertaining than the last few Manny/ Floyd fights combined.

So yes, I am genuinely looking forward to a heavyweight fight that offers up a result that no-one can predict with any confidence. And I hope that Tyson shows us something new to his arsenal that may prove that he could go on to be the best heavy out there.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:33 pm

Adam D wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

#believeintheFury

There is always one..

There was a cracking fight on C5 a month back with two British fighters that was more entertaining than the last few Manny/ Floyd fights combined.

So yes, I am genuinely looking forward to a heavyweight fight that offers up a result that no-one can predict with any confidence. And I hope that Tyson shows us something new to his arsenal that may prove that he could go on to be the best heavy out there.

What can I say ??......Some people are undemanding and some of us aren't......Adam...

Still hope for you though......Chin up !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:35 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I don't mind you being wrong......It's just irks the way after all these years you stubbornly plough forward with every argument that you know has been well and truly tossed into the Ocean several posts ago..

Give it up............

Subtly changing the argument ain't going to work......Sunny.. Cool 
You talking about yourself there SONNY?

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:36 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Adam D wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

#believeintheFury

There is always one..

What can I say ??......Some people are undemanding and some of us aren't......Adam...

Still hope for you though......Chin up !!

Undemanding - that's me!

I just like a good old dustup which is a pick'em fight.

I like Fury as a personality, which is why I am looking forward to it.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:19 am

Fury will retire once hes been beaten in a payday; all he's doing is talking himself into that position.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:23 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:You mean the knockout punch delivered while his other hand was pushed into Cunningham's throat illegally?

Cunningham is a Cruiserweight, bulking up a few pounds doesn't change that, at his age you don't go from being a light hitting Cruiserweight to being a Heavyweight with a punch.

He weighed in at 210. This means he had more weight behind his shots than he did as a Cruiser, and would have been able to build more muscle which is why he would not have legally been permitted to fight as a Cruiser at that time as he would have had an advantage... He was looking as lean as ever and clearly worked very hard for this fight. If you think it was just Furys Arm that beat Cunningham, then you clearly dont like him. As Cunningham was blowing and was done, if it was not for that arm, he would have been hit anyway.

Its also worth noting that Fury was caught with a couple other powerful shots, and took them. When a heavyweight guy (which is what Cunningham was based on the boxing regulations) Hits you clean, then you are going to feel it.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:08 am

It doesn't mean that at all Tunes, he would have weighed around 210lbs when fighting at Cruiserweight, at his age he would have been delivering the shots with less power which equals less power.

If it was not for the arm he would have been able to defend himself against the shot something he wasn't able to do because of an illegal forearm to his throat.

You keep repeating that line but it's not really true, it's a throwaway comment that has no relevance to specific fights, Cunnigham landed plenty down at Cruiserweight but could barely punch a hole in a paper bag.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:24 am

At the same time Fury's ineptitude at defending himself as he moves forward plays a big part in why he is hitting the canvas. I don't see it that Fury is as chinny as he seems. The fact he is a big awkward fighter with poor footwork and balance plays a bigger part in why he goes down than the power of the punch. We know Cunningham could not have hit him with one punch knock down power because he doesn't have it and never did.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:01 am

Youre full of Poopie hammer, youre a Frak Meat trombone soloist

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:04 pm

Did you get yourself up early for free for all friday 3f's?????
 Very Happy 

A good little domestic scrap but both seem to have found their level with no real improvment being seen in either.

Whether you think Fury got knocked down by a cruiser or a heavy, he still got knocked down by a very small geezer with a light punch. He also only managed to win that bout with a chokehold followed by an elbow.

Would have gone to watch it live but tickets too expensive.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next