The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chisora v Fury - Going for a Chisora upset !!

+22
theanimal316
Mr Bounce
jimdig
tunes666
Steffan
3fingers
kingraf
jbeadlesbigrighthand
aja424
Dipper Brown
Derbymanc
wheelchair1991
John Bloody Wayne
Strongback
hogey
Hammersmith harrier
88Chris05
catchweight
TopHat24/7
Rowley
hazharrison
TRUSSMAN66
26 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Chisora v Fury -  Going for a Chisora upset !! - Page 4 Empty Chisora v Fury - Going for a Chisora upset !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Jul 2014, 2:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

Considering Chisora was a near 20 stone fatty the first time and Fury didn't look convincing.......Gives me the feeling that with a 12 round window and against a chin that has been dented by an old and knackered Cruiser...Chisora may get through eventually and cause an upset....

Even though I can't stand Derek......My disregard for Fury is such that I don't really give a rat's assss who wins...

But I'm going with Chisora..............Has a better chin than Haye and Fury looks too amateurish...still !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Chisora v Fury -  Going for a Chisora upset !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Chisora v Fury - Going for a Chisora upset !!

Post by rob-glos Fri 11 Jul 2014, 11:35 am

I don't really have an opinion on this fight...

I'm going to enjoy watching Frank Warren squirm in his seat in a half empty MEN arena though. 

When this was announced we all raised our eyebrows at the ticket prices and say what you will about David Haye.... When Haye-Fury went on sale it sold out quick.... There's still thousands of tickets for this. 

Think it proves that neither Fury or Chisora are really box office.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Chisora v Fury -  Going for a Chisora upset !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Chisora v Fury - Going for a Chisora upset !!

Post by tunes666 Fri 11 Jul 2014, 4:58 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:It doesn't mean that at all Tunes, he would have weighed around 210lbs when fighting at Cruiserweight, at his age he would have been delivering the shots with less power which equals less power.

If it was not for the arm he would have been able to defend himself against the shot something he wasn't able to do because of an illegal forearm to his throat.

You keep repeating that line but it's not really true, it's a throwaway comment that has no relevance to specific fights, Cunnigham landed plenty down at Cruiserweight but could barely punch a hole in a paper bag.

Im more interested in facts.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 11 Jul 2014, 5:04 pm

Derbymanc wrote:He also only managed to win that bout with a chokehold followed by an elbow.

Would have gone to watch it live but tickets too expensive.

yeah right, because Cunningham was dancing about like it was round 1. He lost because he had a scrap with a man who was much bigger than him, and he was nackard.

It does not take much to move your head away from a leaning arm. If he was unable to do that then I think it was quite clear that he was a bit tired.
Fury KOed him, simple as that. The Arm is just an excuse for people who dont like him.

He boxed against a very slick and quick guy who has the experience of a 2 time world champ. It was not an easy fight.

Yes he was floored, why?, because he left him self open for a full force punch that put caught him flat footed. He got back up and within about 10 seconds was fine. And then went on to man handle and beat the guy up.

It was a decent win, simple as that.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 11 Jul 2014, 5:11 pm

It's not an excuse in the slightest, it's a fact of which you are a big fan but like every single topic you base your opinion on bias and little else.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 11 Jul 2014, 5:14 pm

Sorry Tunes but he put his arm against the other guys throat and hit him. Should have been DQ'd or Cunningham should have been given the time to recover and carry on.

He still got knocked over by what many consider to be a powder punching heavyweight. The minute he steps up with someone with quality he's done. In fact there's every possibility that he's gonna be done after the Chis fight but we'll see.

Take away all the brashness and stupid stuff he does and your left with a pretty average boxer.

He's a good businessman though and knows how to sell himself so gotta give him that.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 11 Jul 2014, 5:56 pm

If we are talking world class then I agree he is unproven but he is certainly holding his own on the fringe level as is chisora.. Regarding his arm OK, so the reff gives him a chance to recover, anyone could see it was not even that big of a punch that put him down, he was just shattered so he would have gone anyway, anyone could see that. Also if cuninghame was such a weak hitter then fury has been hit by other guys with a supposed bigger punch anyway..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 11 Jul 2014, 6:03 pm

Sorry Tunes, you can't use 'Well he was tired' as an excuse.

People allowing crap like this to go on unanswered is why the sport has a lot of dodgy decisions and judging. If we were to carry on the way you did, that daft judge in Vegas that got suspended wouldn't have been because it didn't matter as the other judges scores evened it out???

I get that your a fan of Fury but to try and justify it is stupid. He may have gone on to beat Cunningham, then again Cunningham could have walloped him again and knocked him spark out (I doubt it but you get what I'm saying.)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 12 Jul 2014, 10:35 am

Derbymanc wrote:Sorry Tunes, you can't use 'Well he was tired' as an excuse.

People allowing crap like this to go on unanswered is why the sport has a lot of dodgy decisions and judging. If we were to carry on the way you did, that daft judge in Vegas that got suspended wouldn't have been because it didn't matter as the other judges scores evened it out???

I get that your a fan of Fury but to try and justify it is stupid. He may have gone on to beat Cunningham, then again Cunningham could have walloped him again and knocked him spark out (I doubt it but you get what I'm saying.)

Like I say, ok take a point off fury and let Cunningham recover... he was going to lose as he as having trouble standing up anyway, its just those who dont like Fury dont like to notice the fact that Cunningham was clearly out of Gas... It was not the punch that beat him. and its a desperate thing to cling on to.

Getting hit behind the head is also illegal... boxers still do it all the time.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 12 Jul 2014, 10:59 am

Cunningham also Hit Fury after the bell twice, and was Rabbit punching him, who has brought that up?

It was a scrap, it happens in the sport.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 12 Jul 2014, 12:17 pm

Of course it happens but it shouldn't be allowed to finish a fight, otherwise why not elbow someone out.

Boxers use their elbows all the time so what's the issue.
Or we could just ignore headbutts as well since that happens.
A few have been bitten so bitings in too.

The argument that 'other people do it so it's fine' Is a stupid one and IMO is used by fans to ignore it.

Maybe Fury would have won, maybe he wouldn't we have no definitive proof as he decided to turn wrestler instead.
http://www.livefight.com/news.php?news_id=2749&y=2013&m=04

It was a scrap and to be fair too Fury it's not one we should be measuring him on (other than the knockdown which was still by a feather fisted cruiser/heavyweight). His trainer wasn't there so there were bound to be a few issues.

I still think he's useless and his level is probably Euro's but we'll see. He's a good businessman though and knows how to make himself money.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 12 Jul 2014, 4:56 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Of course it happens but it shouldn't be allowed to finish a fight, otherwise why not elbow someone out.

Boxers use their elbows all the time so what's the issue.
Or we could just ignore headbutts as well since that happens.
A few have been bitten so bitings in too.

The argument that 'other people do it so it's fine' Is a stupid one and IMO is used by fans to ignore it.

Maybe Fury would have won, maybe he wouldn't we have no definitive proof as he decided to turn wrestler instead.
http://www.livefight.com/news.php?news_id=2749&y=2013&m=04

It was a scrap and to be fair too Fury it's not one we should be measuring him on (other than the knockdown which was still by a feather fisted cruiser/heavyweight). His trainer wasn't there so there were bound to be a few issues.

I still think he's useless and his level is probably Euro's but we'll see. He's a good businessman though and knows how to make himself money.

So its ok for Cunningham to rabbit punch and punch after the bell twice because it did not lead to the fight being stopped?

Dont see your logic, in a scrap it is very hard to reff every incident... its just how it goes... if a Reff was to pull people up on every single naughty thing then most fights would not go the distance. Just because on this occasion one of the incidence in the fight lead to a stoppage, that one should be isolated?

if you fight dirty and scrap then you are also going to risk coming off the wrong end of the stick as he did..

Fury did not win due to a forearm, that utter rubbish. the only reason he got to use the forearm was because fury was walking him down and Cunningham kept trying to get close and hold and fury was pushing him off... it was hardly a calculated maneuver..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 12 Jul 2014, 6:12 pm

He won at the point he did because of the forearm, what would have happened without it we do not know and yes a foul that results in a knockout is more serious than a rabbit punch which Fury was guilty of himself as well as excessive holding and leaning. Were that fight refereed properly then I don't think Fury wins, Cunningham would have been able to utilise his speed to win a wide decision.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 12 Jul 2014, 7:45 pm

Lots of Fury haters on here. I dont know why you all dont just support the guy and get behind him. He is the Isles best chance of winning a world title at heavyweight

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sat 12 Jul 2014, 8:03 pm

To be honest, I used to really dislike Fury. In the first fight I saw of his, he got beaten all ends up by an absolute pudding in John McDermott. After seeing that I viewed him as an absolute fantasist when he spoke about being the best and I wanted to see him get put in his place.

Over time I've mellowed and come round to his quirks. I feel a bit sorry for him for putting his career on hold and not getting the Haye fight (though I thought it was a horrendous mismatch and didn't see him making 3 rounds).

He's not everyone's cup of tea and severely limited but good luck to the guy should he ever get a title shot.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by buttermancan Sat 12 Jul 2014, 10:34 pm

Totally agree "catch weight" I think after Vitali landed some bombs and Haye sparked him out. ... Chisora has lost some punch resistance. Let me say though. .. In my opinion he has one of the best heavyweight chins in ages. I Hoe he can find à way to send fury to sleep and save us all one of his dreadful sing songs

buttermancan

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 14 Jul 2014, 9:33 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/28302306

Someone point this Manny and Floyds way, since they're both so amazing and the best in the world surely they could do this too.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4