The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not always a plan B....

+3
Prometheus
Fernando
VoiceOfTheVoiceless
7 posters

Go down

Not always a plan B.... Empty Not always a plan B....

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Wed 02 Jul 2014, 10:32 pm

With WWE putting the strap back on Cena as it is obviously the most safe option with Bryan injured. Do you think they ever have a back up plan if somebody gets injured. Injuries seem to happen more and more in modern day wwe yet once there is one it seems to be a mass panic of what's going to happen now.

Putting it on Cena is the safe option but now it just feels like all the good work they did pre and post mania has been undone and they have taken a big step backwards.

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Not always a plan B.... Empty Re: Not always a plan B....

Post by Fernando Wed 02 Jul 2014, 10:38 pm

Yeah it's just WWE going back to what is familiar really, Could of gone down the Orton vs Reigns route but that's too early really plus Cena was stuck in a dead end fued with Wyatt so make sense overall with him being transitional champ.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sat 05 Jul 2014, 4:21 pm

I'm a believer in WWE having some loose form of rankings. I think it has many benefits, from bringing some legitimacy for the casual viewer, to making it easier to have matches between two heels or two babyfaces, to sorting out issues when there is a belt vacancy to charting the rise of someone like Rusev.

No-one would expect WWE to stick rigidly to them, but I think it gives a lot of more natural sporting angles to the program. It could even be interesting to see Cena go for a first defence that is down the Rocky route, i.e. he's beaten Orton and Wyatt and anyone else you might say is top 5. So he's giving a shot to an outsider. Let someone like Bo have a go. Sure, he won't win. But, if he puts up a fight a la Rocky it will give him a reason for the fans to take to him and then he can Bo-lieve that he can work his way up to be #1 contender again in the future.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 05 Jul 2014, 7:05 pm

They did something like that a few years ago with R-Truth and he slid back down the ranks. Its not a terrible idea, but you need to do it with someone who has a real future.

A losing fued with Reigns would do him good. Its a chance to test the waters in not just one-on-one and a WWE title fued. Dont think it would do much for Bo because I dont think he'll ever be a World Champ.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Sun 06 Jul 2014, 9:53 am

I'm Sure Sheamus gave Zack Ryder a title shot when he was champion.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 06 Jul 2014, 1:28 pm

Bret Hartngave the 123 Kid a title shot in 1993/94, both of them tore the joint down, probably the wrestlibg match of the year, definitely the TV match of the year - Kid should have been a World Champion with his natural talent

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 07 Jul 2014, 1:03 am

I can't agree that anyone other than Cena should have won the ladder match, with the caveat that he's dropping it to Brock at Summerslam, I will say this all just speculation, but based on what I've heard, I think it's been WWE's plan for a while now to have Brock challenge the champion at Summerslam, and with Brock being a made man after Mania he obviously can't lose, I'm guessing WWE's original plan was to have Bryan drop the strap to Lesnar but with him out injured I genuinely can't think of anyone other than Cena to do the job, what WWE needed was a face who has the main event credentials to challenge Lesnar and wouldn't be hurt by the inevitable loss.

Having Reigns, Cesaro or Wyatt win their first title in a multi-man ladder match with no build up before dropping it 2 PPV's later would just be beyond moronic if WWE have plans for them, Orton is about the only other guy with the status to face Lesnar but he's the best heel in the 'E today so turning him would be a waste plus he wouldn't have long to build up a face rapport, the rest like Kane, Sheamus and Del Rio are a bunch of no marks who have no business being in a WWE title match with the streak ender.

So to sum up basically yeh I am thrilled with Cena in what should be a transitional role, and in general what seems to be WWE's plan to shift the belt to Lesnar, network subscriptions should be up around Summerslam time and a marquee main event, plus the idea of a champion who can/will only work PPV's that are most easily available on the network seems like a brilliant business move to me

I don't think WWE have panicked, they've made the best of a very difficult situation where the guy who they had devoted most of their promotion energies in the first quarter of the year went down with a long term injury, they've picked up the ball with the most suitable replacement in terms of slotting into what by the looks of things will be the long term plan.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 07 Jul 2014, 10:24 am

Brock is IMO a perfect champ. He has the look and credentials that go a way to legitimising wrestling for the casual fan.

I've also no problems with him working a relatively light load, I think it keeps the title and belt special and provides opportunity to shine the spotlight on others. While, as Dr House says above, maximising WWE's network opportunities.

But, if the main title(s) are out of the picture then I think it is beholden on WWE to have hard-working IC and USA title holders. I therefore think it is quite key that WWE make the right decision with Barrett's successor.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down