The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Essex v Surrey T20 Blast

+2
SimonofSurrey
kingdaveeagle
6 posters

Go down

Essex v Surrey T20 Blast Empty Essex v Surrey T20 Blast

Post by kingdaveeagle Fri 04 Jul 2014, 7:29 pm

Surrey out into bat currently 35-1 off 6 - KP 1 off 10 balls (not blooming good enough)!! Why do we always do badly against Essex?

kingdaveeagle

Back to top Go down

Essex v Surrey T20 Blast Empty Re: Essex v Surrey T20 Blast

Post by kingdaveeagle Fri 04 Jul 2014, 7:30 pm

37-2 - Pietersen stumped next ball. Might as well get out if that's the best he can do. What a waste of money he's been.

kingdaveeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Fri 04 Jul 2014, 8:28 pm

Can any Essex supporters tell me who those jackasses are 'commentating' on Radio Essex. They occasionally acknowledged that Essex were playing someone or other. Kevin O'Brien's 33 off 22 was described as 'he never got going' and they constantly forgot how many balls had been bowled after as many as 3 deliveries in the over, usually got the runs off the over so far wrong and generally sounded like two home goons wittering away in the ground somewhere.

By the way Surrey - I gather they are Essex's opponent's and visitors tonight in case our friends at Radio Essex are still struggling with that one - may be 15-20 short with 165-4 off 20.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 8:58 pm

Wow - the worst ever individual T20 innings?! 11 balls for 1 run??!! Why do we pander to this clown and play him every T20 game?!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 9:46 pm

I'd make Ansari our Man of the Match

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdaveeagle Fri 04 Jul 2014, 9:49 pm

Lost to Essex again - approx 10-15 too few runs. Wonder why?  Erm 

kingdaveeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 04 Jul 2014, 10:34 pm

Didn't follow the game as it happened but I see that Pietersen played out the 5th over from Phillips as a maiden. Whatever the circumstances you can't afford maidens in t20, let alone the powerplay.

From their figures, none of our bowlers imposed themselves although a decent effort with a couple of wickets from Dunn. As happens too often though, Dunn appears to have suffered from not being allowed to bowl his 4 overs on the reel and his final one off over was expensive.

All in all, disappointing as the Curse of Chelmsford strikes again although perhaps not too surprising. I did think our smashing of Kent was very much down to Roy whilst I commented then that the bowling was only okay and our fielding at times sloppy.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of the Beehive Fri 04 Jul 2014, 10:54 pm

Wasn't there but looks like Surrey were 20 runs short. Not sure what happened to KP - I thought those two little cameos recently at The Oval might have played him back into form. We needed him to step up to the plate in the absence of Dilshan who we badly missed.

As for the bowling it looks like Tommy Curran had a torrid time of it but that can happen if you don't quite get it right at Chelmsford. A couple of wickets for Matt Dunn almost got Surrey back in the match but as all Surrey fans know when Essex are the opponents and batting second in a T20, the rules are you have some ups and downs for an hour and a bit and then ten Doeschate wins the match.

Essex really are Surrey's bogey team in T20. Surrey have only beaten Essex four times in nineteen T20 matches and only once at Chelmsford. The next worst record for Surrey against the regular southern group counties is 9 wins against Hampshire.

Still looking good for qualification for the knockout stages for both counties but Surrey now have to find a replacement for O'Brien and are still without Dilshan next Friday.

Voice of the Beehive

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 05 Jul 2014, 10:24 am

Very strange batting performance by KP.  Shocked 

That 64* was Harold's highest score in T20.  So at least bearing the extra responsibility of captaincy seems to be helping rather than hindering his own form

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down