The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England vs India - Second Test - Lords

+37
Hood83
Nakatomi Plaza
kingdaveeagle
CaledonianCraig
Biltong
jimbohammers
trebellbobaggins
VTR
Pal Joey
ChequeredJersey
liverbnz
subhranshu.kumar.5
mystiroakey
Fernando
Scrumpy
Liam
hampo17
JDizzle
Corporalhumblebucket
Dorothy_Mantooth
djlovesyou
ncfclad1991
LivinginItaly
Gerry SA
msp83
Hoggy_Bear
ShankyCricket
DirectView2
alfie
GSC
kingraf
guildfordbat
Mat
Duty281
NickisBHAFC
KP_fan
Good Golly I'm Olly
41 posters

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

England vs India - Second Test - Lords - Page 12 Empty England vs India - Second Test - Lords

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Seeming as we have such a short turnaround thought I'd stick up a thread

England have added Simon Kerrigan to the squad interestingly. I'd imagine he must be in serious contention, or else what's the point of adding another body?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

England vs India - Second Test - Lords - Page 12 Empty Re: England vs India - Second Test - Lords

Post by msp83 Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:15 pm

Jadeja playing a rash shot and gets away with it for now. Looks like a matter of time.
At 217-6, India are ahead by 193.

msp83

Back to top Go down

England vs India - Second Test - Lords - Page 12 Empty Re: England vs India - Second Test - Lords

Post by msp83 Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:17 pm

They are living dangerously out there!. The end of the innings looks rather close for India.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:18 pm

Has it really been a thousand days since India last won an away test?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:19 pm

Superb couple of overs for England, and a very important catch for Alastair Cook.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:21 pm

New ball time now. Will India last the session?
They are ahead by an inadequate 201.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:22 pm

kingraf wrote:Has it really been a thousand days since India last won an away test?
Correct, but that victory was in Sri Lanka.

Last Test win outside Asia is Jamaica 2010, some 1400+ days ago

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:25 pm

Jadeja is trying to play his shots, he hasn't played one comfortable and convincing one yet. He has 15 runs on the board, but I am not sure this is the way to go. Try and take the single, stay off strike as much as possible. He looks as if he can get out any ball.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:26 pm

Broad/Anderson really haven't bowled well with the new ball this test
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:32 pm

Ah Vijay no
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:32 pm

#deservedahundred
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:32 pm

Ok. thats more like it

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:33 pm

Another good knock from Vijay. Been very impressive. England won't want that lead getting past 230 from here.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:35 pm

Massive, massive wicket for England. Murali Vijay's gone. deserved a ton at the HQ, but sadly, not to be.
Don't be so sad Vijay, Rahul Dravid made 95 on his HQ debut and we all know what player he became......

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:41 pm

A 4th innings chase above 200 won't be the easiest job, but India do not have the bowling quality to run through the batting lineup after the ball gets old. So this is not enough, not enough at all.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:43 pm

Now England need that killer instinct which has been so desperately lacking.

One stand of fifty from India's lower order, as is common, and they'll be the favourites.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:47 pm

How crucial is that last wicket partnership between Anderson and Plunkett going to be!?

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:49 pm

A drop catch now!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:53 pm

Jadeja timing them better now.

1st session England; the 2nd belonged to India.

India 267/7. They lead by 243 runs

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:04 pm

Jadeja and Kumar survive!. India to go to lunch at 267-7.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:08 pm

There are many reasons for why Test Cricket is the greatest game in the land and this game is perfectly illustrating such a point.

We've had ten sessions, around twenty hours, with just the five left and all four results are still possible. The game is brilliantly balanced and perfectly poised.

If India can make at least another thirty runs or so they will be favourites; and I imagine they have one eye on a plus 300 lead which, as well as everything else, is a very important psychological boost. England need those three wickets in the first half-hour of the afternoon.

Prediction: England to chase 285 and win by two wickets!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:46 pm

I'd rather have India's position right now , tbh.

Think England need to wrap up the innings pretty quickly , or these tailenders could put the lead over three hundred as the bowlers tire. Both tails have wagged regularly so far this series.

How many too many for England ?

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:47 pm

Liam Plunkett gets a relatively early crack with the newish ball.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:49 pm

England's inability to take an opportunity again coming back to bite them
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:54 pm

Olly wrote:England's inability to take an opportunity again coming back to bite them

You talking about day one there , Olly ?

Because this morning , as far as I can see , it has been Jadeja's enterprise (with a little bit of luck) that has taken India to a handy position , rather than any particular failure from England. Surprised Jadeja has survived this long , in truth. But he's hit the ball pretty well since some early loose shots.

259 ahead. Need that wicket soon...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:00 pm

alfie wrote:
Olly wrote:England's inability to take an opportunity again coming back to bite them

Because this morning , as far as I can see , it has been Jadeja's enterprise (with a little bit of luck) that has taken India to a handy position , rather than any particular failure from England.  Surprised Jadeja has survived this long , in truth.  But he's hit the ball pretty well since some early loose shots.

259 ahead.  Need that wicket soon...
Talking about the Kumar drop Alfie
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:01 pm

First test half-century for Ravindra Jadeja!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:02 pm

You look at that celebration and wonder that more people don't push him tbf.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:03 pm

Fifty for Jadeja  clap 

Might be a match winner. Kumar looking sound.

At least batting looks to be easy enough on this , even with a fairly new ball. But something like 300 will be hard to get unless someone plays a dominant hand.
And the way these two are going it might be more than that...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:05 pm

Anderson bowling absolute filth
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:05 pm

Olly wrote:
alfie wrote:

Because this morning , as far as I can see , it has been Jadeja's enterprise (with a little bit of luck) that has taken India to a handy position , rather than any particular failure from England.  Surprised Jadeja has survived this long , in truth.  But he's hit the ball pretty well since some early loose shots.

Oh that. Came fast...young Joe was very close. They either stick or they don't. But it would have made a huge difference , indeed.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:06 pm

Woeful tactics by England.

Jadeja is a splendid ODI batsman and they're bowling to him like it's an ODI.

Bowl a channel outside off. There's a reason his Test average in low 20s.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:07 pm

Olly wrote:You look at that celebration and wonder that more people don't push him tbf.
I thought the celebration was pretty fitting TBH.

In the build up to this match all the stories where 'Anderson is fired up'

Well seems as though Jadeja is equally 'fired up'

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:10 pm

alfie wrote:
Olly wrote:
alfie wrote:

Oh that.  Came fast...young Joe was very close.  They either stick or they don't.   But it would have made a huge difference , indeed.

Gotta take them Alfie, right at him. Gotta take that
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:10 pm

Ball change now.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:14 pm

Kumar is the man. He has England spooked... it's a treat to watch a person who really has no right batting hit a rich (well) vein of form.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:17 pm

Olly wrote:You look at that celebration and wonder that more people don't push him tbf.
What do you do with the likes of Broad then?

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:17 pm

Ball out of shape. Not surprised the way Jadeja has been thumping it  Smile 

Easy to be critical of the England bowlers ; but in fairness it hasn't mattered much where they have bowled to Jadeja. He is going for nearly everything , and it's coming off. I think I'd still rather they bowl dry , and try and starve him out . But with the lead growing the temptation to "try something" is strong.
Trouble is nothing is working.

Might be Ali time ? But it might be too late anyway. I feared when they came in with six in hand last night that the chances were someone would play a dangerous knock and take the game away. And I think he has done that now. Can't see England chasing this.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:19 pm

Olly wrote:
alfie wrote:
Olly wrote:
alfie wrote:

Oh that.  Came fast...young Joe was very close.  They either stick or they don't.   But it would have made a huge difference , indeed.

If you're that good a close fieldsman , young Olly , you can come and play for my team  Smile 

Easy from up here.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:21 pm

msp83 wrote:
What do you do with the likes of Broad then?
I say make him captain, purely to see how quickly he can use up the reviews Wink
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:22 pm

alfie wrote:
Olly wrote:
alfie wrote:
Olly wrote:
alfie wrote:

If you're that good a close fieldsman , young Olly , you can come and play for my team  Smile 

Easy from up here.

Well Bell took one like that for Dhoni's wicket, and Mr Root himself took a better catch to dismiss Dhawan.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:22 pm

I agree with Alfie, Root really had no chance there.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:29 pm

This is just becoming a complete embarrassment now
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:31 pm

Another drop
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:31 pm

Lead over 300 and these two showing no signs of stopping. Think India have this in the bag now , barring a bit of a miracle chase from England.
Well done Jadeja  clap 

I'll keep watching. But I might get off here before the knee-jerkers rock up to blame Cook for everything...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:34 pm

Another drop from England!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:34 pm

Probably gone too far from England's reach now; a shame, but that killer instinct was lacking once again.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:42 pm

Stokes gets his man eventually. Can't complane there about Jadeja's big shot, that's how he made all those runs.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:44 pm

Well hopefully we can stand up with the bat, but you just know we're gonna be 80-4 at the close
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:46 pm

All perfectly set for Cook's redemption, then! A swashbuckling 294...once again!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:01 pm

India are bowled out at last. 342, and England need 319 to win, pretty much what scored in the first innings.
There is a lot of time in the game, the Indians have messed up many times in the final innings, so the chase isn't impossible really. Besides, the pitch seems to have settled down.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next