The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fight Night Thread - Stub Hub - SPOILERS

+38
Sugar Boy Sweetie
88Chris05
ONETWOFOREVER
Marky
All Time Great
Gerry SA
Valero's Conscience
monzon
compelling and rich
hogey
tunes666
Rowley
Derbymanc
Pound-for-Pound
DuransHorse
Dipper Brown
TopHat24/7
3fingers
Yojimbonufc
spencerclarke
trottb
John Bloody Wayne
Inventing Johnson Klute
Incrediblexman
BoomBoomBaby
Duty281
Strongback
owen10ozzy
Hammersmith harrier
aja424
Brys
catchweight
milkyboy
kingraf
Happytravelling
bellchees
Bellz84
mobilemaster8
42 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Fight Night Thread - Stub Hub - SPOILERS - Page 5 Empty Fight Night Thread - Stub Hub - SPOILERS

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 17 Aug 2014, 2:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Evening/Morning Gents.

Just watching the Lightweight Title Clash between Figueroa and Estrada and what a scrap it is.....KNOCKDOWN!!!

And Figueroa wins with flurry of shots.

Great fight.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Fight Night Thread - Stub Hub - SPOILERS - Page 5 Empty Re: Fight Night Thread - Stub Hub - SPOILERS

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Aug 2014, 3:37 pm

Like Mayweather on Maidana....

Mate..It was a top class performance from an underdog...........Try to give a guy credit for once instead of looking for negatives like usual..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Fight Night Thread - Stub Hub - SPOILERS - Page 5 Empty Re: Fight Night Thread - Stub Hub - SPOILERS

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Aug 2014, 3:40 pm

milkyboy wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:Only a little joke. Truss likes to say 'good post' to anyone who has just agreed with him. Generally it's one of his aliases. Wink

Lost ONETWO now...So I'm down to the bare minimum..

Wasn't the Bika - Dirrell awful...Fast forwarded to the decision..

Saw a bit of their first fight... Had no appetite for the rematch .

Re the 'how good was brook, was porter all that anyway' debate...
Brook answered a lot of questions but as is always the case in doing so he raised a few questions about porter. It tells us brook is worthy of a seat at the top table, but not whether he's going to get to bang all the bridesmaids.

Everytime a guy loses.....The beaten foe gets maligned.......Curry was overrated...Breland was overrated......Always the case....

Say it again..........Brook neutralised the guy superbly and now people are saying other fighters would have looked more impressive...

Bollox...........Speculation designed to puke on a top performance..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Mon 18 Aug 2014, 3:46 pm

milkyboy wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:Only a little joke. Truss likes to say 'good post' to anyone who has just agreed with him. Generally it's one of his aliases. Wink

Brook answered a lot of questions but as is always the case in doing so he raised a few questions about porter. It tells us brook is worthy of a seat at the top table, but not whether he's going to get to bang all the bridesmaids.

Fabulous turn of phrase. Accurate too. He's a champion now and on the cusp of some big fights and paydays. So much depth in the division, I think anyone in the top 10 is a tough fight. I'm not pouring cold water on Brook but I think he could drop that title in his first defence against a top 10 fighter, that's down to the strength in depth rather than any shortcoming on Brook's part.

As the weakest of the 3 champions, I think Brook has a target on his back. May as well cash in on the Khan fight after his mandatory.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 18 Aug 2014, 3:58 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Everytime a guy loses.....The beaten foe gets maligned.......Curry was overrated...Breland was overrated......Always the case....

Say it again..........Brook neutralised the guy superbly and now people are saying other fighters would have looked more impressive...

Bollox...........Speculation designed to puke on a top performance..

I've been giving brook plenty of credit truss. There were a few question marks over both guys before the fight, its natural to question the loser.. For me, what porter goes on to do in future will give us a better idea of just how good a win it was for brook... It's not like porter was knocked out or battered... He can come again and it will give us a better measure.

I don't know how many years buzz saws like porter have at the top but my instincts are that he will come again and that he's a real handful. Not every guy can handle the heat he put on brook, in the manner brook did and as I said before, all credit to brook for keeping his head under fire.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 18 Aug 2014, 6:55 pm

Any fighter raises more questions than answers, for instance;

Is Brooks power over rated or does Porter have a very good chin if so how would other fighters have reacted to Brook landing those shots on them?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 18 Aug 2014, 7:22 pm

In other news Porter's team have been pathetic in the aftermath complaining about both the scorecards and the holding, it was a fair result achieved with a referee who ignored Porter's almost purposeful and obvious headbutting.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 19 Aug 2014, 9:13 am

Watched it last night in full. Scored it 115-113 Brook. Thought I might have it wider, reading descriptions of the fight, as I score cleaner work ahead of ineffective aggression but found it surprisingly close.

Do think the right man won though, Brook never looked in trouble but SP had a few wobbly moments and was otherwise quite wild.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 19 Aug 2014, 9:17 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:In other news Porter's team have been pathetic in the aftermath complaining about both the scorecards and the holding, it was a fair result achieved with a referee who ignored Porter's almost purposeful and obvious headbutting.

One of the few things the commentary team got right was that, whilst Brook was getting away with a fair bit of holding, equally Porter was granted awful leniency for use of the head.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5