The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fight Night Thread - Stub Hub - SPOILERS

+38
Sugar Boy Sweetie
88Chris05
ONETWOFOREVER
Marky
All Time Great
Gerry SA
Valero's Conscience
monzon
compelling and rich
hogey
tunes666
Rowley
Derbymanc
Pound-for-Pound
DuransHorse
Dipper Brown
TopHat24/7
3fingers
Yojimbonufc
spencerclarke
trottb
John Bloody Wayne
Inventing Johnson Klute
Incrediblexman
BoomBoomBaby
Duty281
Strongback
owen10ozzy
Hammersmith harrier
aja424
Brys
catchweight
milkyboy
kingraf
Happytravelling
bellchees
Bellz84
mobilemaster8
42 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Fight Night Thread - Stub Hub - SPOILERS - Page 2 Empty Fight Night Thread - Stub Hub - SPOILERS

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

Evening/Morning Gents.

Just watching the Lightweight Title Clash between Figueroa and Estrada and what a scrap it is.....KNOCKDOWN!!!

And Figueroa wins with flurry of shots.

Great fight.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Fight Night Thread - Stub Hub - SPOILERS - Page 2 Empty Re: Fight Night Thread - Stub Hub - SPOILERS

Post by milkyboy Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:06 pm

9th and 10th both close, brook's 11th. Have to say, I've questioned brook's stamina, but looks like it was conditioning all along. My missus just walked in, watched 10 seconds and said the guy in the blue looks knackered.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Fight Night Thread - Stub Hub - SPOILERS - Page 2 Empty Re: Fight Night Thread - Stub Hub - SPOILERS

Post by kingraf Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:07 pm

It's the easy way out, but I'm going 10-10, wouldn't want to call that.
105-105
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:07 pm

11th Comfortably for Brook, hope he's done enough as I'm not going to be in a hurry to watch Porter again.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:08 pm

I have Brook ahead by 3 but some tough rounds to score.

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:09 pm

Whenever a boxer starts a fight as frenetically as Porter you wonder can they keep it up for 12 rounds.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:10 pm

Porter's windmilling at times when in close is painful to watch.

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:11 pm

Porter's,

115-114 Porter.

Incredibly close. Could be a draw.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:12 pm

Brook wins by 4 for me but could see it a bit closer as some rounds were work rate over cleaner shots. Still would say for me Brook won that.

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:12 pm

I don't think Brook did enough to win away from home.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:13 pm

Bloody Hell, horrible 12th. Porter is terrible to watch, maybe windmilled enough rubbish in the 12th to nick it as he neutralised Brook as well until one decent punch at the end. Lost track of my card at some stage but I think I had Brook edging it.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:13 pm

Solid last round from Porter.

My god was he absolutely crude.

Have porter winning by 2. Which means it will be by 8 being in his backyard.

On a side note,I was really enjoying the showtime coverage until I suffered an electrical failure at round 8 and have since switched to sky and I have to say...Nick Halling NEEDS to be sacked.

He does not know what he is talking about and he is so biased. Its shocking and frankly disgusting.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:14 pm

Nothing in the twelfth. A lot of tough rounds to score. But plenty of credit to brook.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:14 pm

Keith Thurman absolutely demolishes both of these guys. Porter landed a few picturesque leaping left hooks.

117-111? Hmm...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:14 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW did not see that coming!

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:14 pm

How the hell did Brook win it by those margins?

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:14 pm

Holy moly. Has brook just got an away town decision?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:15 pm

Happy for kell, thought he fell short slightly but hey

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:16 pm

BREAKING NEWS: EDDIE HEARN PAYS OFF JUDGES.

This fxuking sport is getting a bit beyond a joke now.

117-111?! 116-112?! I agree with the first 114-114 but fkcu me.

Sets up a super fight with Khan though so that should be good. Or JMM??

I'd love him to come to the UK because he is my fav fighter.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:16 pm

Get in there Brook, outstanding.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:16 pm

117-111??? I don't know how anyone could have been 6 up in that fight.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:17 pm

Yeah I had it 115-114, and I pussied out in the eleventh, so probably 114-114.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:17 pm

Because of how scrappy Porter was, there were a load of pickem' rounds. But, I thought Brook did command the ring better.

But, it was very close and I thought Brook had lost it as he wasn't a clear winner at the fighters hometown.

Bit of a dodgy decision but not the worst.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:18 pm

I have to say that didn't surprise me one bit! I had it 116-112 to Brook. Anyone moaning about Alvarez and saying his aggression wasn't effective needs to watch this fight. It was like watching an amateur at times; Porter was wild, frenzied and aggressive but he barely landed, must have had a connect % of less than 15. From 6th onwards Brook was cleaner, was the one actually nullifying the inside work and generally looked the better and fresher guy. Wasn't a great performance from brook..could have let his hands go a bit more, seemed gun shy at times but stuck in their and got the job done.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:18 pm

I had it 116-112, so can see both those cards as valid enough. Though I did expect it as it was in America that it would be aggression that was scored more and it would be a single round or two either way.

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:18 pm

I like that, Amir Khan can get in the queue!

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:20 pm

Breaking news, moby avoiding credit to brook!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:20 pm

Bit of a Crockett and Tubbs number from Eddie tonight.

The IBF liked the Wembley show.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:20 pm

Oh Kell Brook you absolute beauty! Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Had him winning by a point, but were resigned to him losing a decision on away turf. Well done judges!

The referee was abhorrent, letting the home fighter get away with headbutts and rabbit punches. Porter ran out of energy after seven rounds. Brook showed tremendous heart and skill to battle through that after a difficult first half.

Wonderful stuff. Rematch in Sheffield?

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:22 pm

Porter very gracious in defeat. Hope Porter has a rematch clause, the rounds were close enough to ask for one. But if he loses 9-3 at home, god knows how it goes in Sheffield
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Honestly give over Strongback,

It was tedious months ago, now it's becoming ban worthy!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:24 pm

I think there were 5 or 6 rounds you could argue a case either way on. That gives you some wide potential scores. Interestingly, all the between round highlights showed brook catching porter clean. Ultimately looks like the us judges went for quality over quantity.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:25 pm

Surprised it went to Brook but thought he produced the better work. Porter was very crude.

Saying that, I still thought it would go to the man with the higher work rate and he as very gracious in defeat.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:25 pm

I gave credit to brook milky by saying he lost by two and should have maybe got a draw or even scraped it. Very even fight and he has proven he can cut it with the top ten at 147.

But in sorry. In the past 3 years we have seen Abril get mugged off vs Rios. JMM vs Pacman 3. Alvarez got a 114-114 with Floyd.....Bradley outpointed Pacquiao....Alvarez scores a complete landslide over trout and now Brook on paper hands a beating to Porter?

Absolute farce of a sport no wonder it loses its fans. I'm literally a few fights away from giving it all In and just avoiding it from now on. Why sit up all day and night for a fair shake and then leave with a sour taste

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:25 pm

Jesus please no rematch. Who wants to see that again?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:25 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Honestly give over Strongback,

It was tedious months ago, now it's becoming ban worthy!

You gave it to Brook by 4. Stick to the football kid.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by BoomBoomBaby Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:27 pm

Well done to Brook. Didn't think he was gonna get the decision there...ugly ugggggly fight from Porter.

Khan get in line....superb!!!!!

BoomBoomBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:29 pm

Its mad as well after Brook calling him out for years.....khan says "yeh that's fine mate, when you have fought a genuine fighter and won, we will get it on"

Brook beats a top 10 undefeated fighter and then tells Khan to basically Smeg off.

Standby for another Witter and Hatton scenario

Duck here duck there etc etc tedious story.

Just fight. Your both the best in Britain FFS!!!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Even with all of the hustle and pressure in opening 4 rounds porter landed very little...and even less of any quality. The best punch in 2nd and 4th both came from Brook this despite Porter having him backed up and on his chest for almost every second.

People always have various degrees of what they believe effective aggression is...think all watching that would agree though that it was about as ineffective as it could get from Porter; nothing more than bum rushing in my opinion!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Incrediblexman Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:32 pm

Brook got lucky there. An 'away town' decision sounds about right. He did land some quality shots just not enough of them in my eyes. Porter's workrate should have got him the fight. When does this ever happen!

Incrediblexman

Back to top Go down

Post by BoomBoomBaby Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:33 pm

Brook vs Khan would be a huge fight in UK. Let's hope they get it on. Brook beats Khan for me. Don't think he has the power to keep Brook off him for 12 rounds and looks like Brook can take a punch.

BoomBoomBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:33 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Even with all of the hustle and pressure in opening 4 rounds porter landed very little...and even less of any quality. The best punch in 2nd and 4th both came from Brook this despite Porter having him backed up and on his chest for almost every second.

People always have various degrees of what they believe effective aggression is...think all watching that would agree though that it was about as ineffective as it could get from Porter; nothing more than bum rushing in my opinion!

Well I happen to agree but then again I'm the other idiot who had it by 4 to Brook Smile

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:38 pm

I thought Porter worked the body very well. And while Brook landed cleaner, he was hardly landing at will. Anyway, Porter does deserve a rematch, no matter how gawdawful.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Inventing Johnson Klute Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:40 pm

Not posted in ages, however, I am amazed at some of the scoring in here. Brook a well, well deserved winner and 4 rounds is going rate in my eyes. After settling down, Kell controlled the ring, made his opponent miss at will and landed plenty of good clean shots throughout. Porters workrate and will made some of the rounds close, but this was a boxing fight and not a schoolyard brawl after all.

Inventing Johnson Klute

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:42 pm

"Amir is sitting beside me but I have to say Brook beats him"  

Great from Rhodes  Laugh 

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:43 pm

Brook fronted up pretty well to Porter. I cant see where he won it wide but he had a case for edging it, probably saving a few rounds with literally one eye catching punch when the rest of the round consisted of wrestling.

Once again though, commentary from cloud cuckoo land from the Sky team. They cant call a fight on its own merit. Its like they are rehearsing a pre-agreed script.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Jeez Wilder received $50k for tonight's fight. That's 50k for a fight he took last minute, and was never gonna get pushed in. Did the car need a paint job? Nice work if you can get it
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Moby its boxing scoring it's always been controversial. At least this wasn't bent, as it went to the away fighter.

Owen, I agree to an extent about effective aggression but porter was landing to the body and was making the fight... Like it or not that counts, and convention has it that in an otherwise even round, it goes to the aggressor.

Did anyone, when those last two cards were read out, think they were going to say 'and new'. I sure as he'll didnt!

Pleased for brook, he showed plenty of nads and kept his composure in the face of a buzz saw.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:07 pm

Inventing Johnson Klute wrote:Not posted in ages, however, I am amazed at some of the scoring in here. Brook a well, well deserved winner and 4 rounds is going rate in my eyes. After settling down, Kell controlled the ring, made his opponent miss at will and landed plenty of good clean shots throughout. Porters workrate and will made some of the rounds close, but this was a boxing fight and not a schoolyard brawl after all.

To have Brook by 4 the first half of the fight had to be fairly even. I just didn't see that. Very close for me but with Brook finishing the fight looking the better man over the final rounds.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:08 pm

Inventing Johnson Klute wrote:Not posted in ages, however, I am amazed at some of the scoring in here. Brook a well, well deserved winner and 4 rounds is going rate in my eyes. After settling down, Kell controlled the ring, made his opponent miss at will and landed plenty of good clean shots throughout. Porters workrate and will made some of the rounds close, but this was a boxing fight and not a schoolyard brawl after all.

Ijk, a rare but welcome visit. Hear what you're saying but how often does the scoring reflect that in these kind of fights?

A lot of people had mayweather maidana for Maidana and how many clean shots did he land?

Not a lot of agreement on here on a round by round basis, so when the rounds are close and scrappy you're going to get widely differing opinions and cards. Just how it is.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:17 pm

If Porters not going to win it on that performance, then he probably never will. I think he pretty much gave it everything he had.

Most of the reports I have read thus far have Brook a competitive, but clear winner. The dreadful Sky commentary probably accounted for some value added for Porter.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next