The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guinness Pro 12. Pathetic excuse for a league?

+33
Dubbelyew L Overate
Gibson
whocares
wayne
Sgt_Pooly
IanBru
Hound of Harrow
Cardiff Dave
JonnyEdinburgh
TJ
The Saint
LordDowlais
Notch
SecretFly
Dorothy_Mantooth
bedfordwelsh
Exiledinborders
ScarletSpiderman
The Great Aukster
VinceWLB
No 7&1/2
Sin é
Neutralee
justified sinner
Kingshu
beshocked
Cyril
Driver
thebandwagonsociety
Scrumpy
lostinwales
HammerofThunor
Jenifer McLadyboy
37 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Guinness Pro 12. Pathetic excuse for a league? - Page 4 Empty Guinness Pro 12. Pathetic excuse for a league?

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:03 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/pro12/guinness-pro12-a-league-of-its-own-and-getting-stronger-all-the-time-1.1915783

Last edited by Jenifer McLadyboy on Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Guinness Pro 12. Pathetic excuse for a league? - Page 4 Empty Re: Guinness Pro 12. Pathetic excuse for a league?

Post by TJ Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:42 pm

Its just a viewpoint.  I enjoyed the game in the end  but both sides looked scared to attack or risk anything until Wasps got  ahead ( with a couple of lucky breaks) at which point Saints did start to play with some urgency and risk.
Its the downside of the AP in my view - teams are risk averse and you can get very attritional dull rugby as a result.  maybe I watched the wrong game but compared to the Glasgow game where both teams really tried to attack, mixing up the play, playing with pace, offloading and so on in the Wasps / Saints game poor old George north hardly got a pass all game.  Both teams played 10 man rugby.  Its an entertainment business.

Mind you I am an edinburgh fan and that game was very poor

TJ

Back to top Go down

Guinness Pro 12. Pathetic excuse for a league? - Page 4 Empty Re: Guinness Pro 12. Pathetic excuse for a league?

Post by SecretFly Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:53 pm

It's gonna be a difficult year to define though - all round, all Leagues. No matter how the players will say they are fully into League business and it's just another season. It isn't. This season, and into 2015 in particular, has the potential to make reputations that club rugby could never match - and therefore, I'm not so sure how this season is going to go in Top14, AP or Pro12. Teams and team officials will want the best, but players can't ignore the year and their minds won't forget it. Some players might prove overcautious as a result whilst others might try to be too enthusiastic. I'm not sure it'll be an explosive year at club level.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4