The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indy Ref

+34
offload
LeinsterFan4life
MrsP
doctor_grey
wrfc1980
fa0019
BigGee
Majestic83
Adam D
GLove39
broadlandboy
TJ
aucklandlaurie
21st Century Schizoid Man
funnyExiledScot
beshocked
PenfroPete
tigertattie
RDW
Biltong
Submachine
HammerofThunor
lostinwales
whocares
Scrumpy
Jimpy
LordDowlais
Feckless Rogue
Sin é
Gibson
quinsforever
SecretFly
ME-109
Notch
38 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Indy Ref - Page 2 Empty Indy Ref

Post by Notch Wed 17 Sep 2014, 10:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

George Carlin wrote:Indy Ref - Page 2 Alex2010 v Indy Ref - Page 2 Alista10
Let me start this off, then. I have printed and read all literature which either side has published on this debate over the past 2 years (including the main policy papers from the SNP and from Better Together/UK Treasury and the Wee Blue Book).

If I had the chance, I would think hard about it, but ultimately I think that I would vote 'no'.

It seems to me, with my pea brain, that:

1. As a professional economist, Alex Salmond has had his entire political and professional life to make a waterproof financial case for an independent Scotland. Provided that there isn't something I've missed, I cannot see that he has done so. How can we still be fishing for answers to very fundemental questions so close to the actual voting date? Surely if it was the case that Scotland had a solid long term financial future, there would be a far greater volume of published consensus? If the financial case for independence cannot be clearly and verifiably made (without optimistic financial projects which strain credulity), then this is where this debate begins and ends for me. What do we tell our kids otherwise?

2. I entirely understand and appreciate that stepping into the unknown cannot in itself be a reason to say 'no'. You cannot have opportunity without risk. However, is anyone else disappointed with the quality of verifiable information that has been made available to us throughout this entire debate? Whilst I don't expect all answers to all questions, surely it is better to err on the side of caution until such time as policy can be firmly established.

If this was a trial, the verdict would be 'not proven'.

What I don't believe is if Scotland votes no, the chance to do so again would be lost forever. I think that we may see another vote on this topic within a generation (20 years) if a 'no' vote does not have a clear majority amongst Scottish people. I would be happy with that.

Discuss. Indy Ref - Page 2 1347041234 For the love of feck, please be nice.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Indy Ref - Page 2 Empty Re: Indy Ref

Post by Submachine Thu 18 Sep 2014, 2:27 pm

What I don't understand amongst many, many other things, such as women who pull out their own eyebrows one by one only to draw two black rainbows in their place is this:
Where was the news coverage of all the recent violence and civil unrest in the lead up to this occupied country being finally granted an opportunity to simply vote on the matter? It must have happened surely. If history has taught us anything it's that nobody ever gives up anything without a fight.
Who was the master negotiator who convinced both sides to put the guns away and put the choice to the people? Will probably find out his/her name when the Nobel peace prize season gets underway.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 18 Sep 2014, 2:28 pm

SecretFly wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
SF, why do you keep referring to the UK as ENGLAND ? Is this your agenda behind your views ? You are starting to come across with a subtle dislike towards England, perhaps because your from Ireland you do not get what being in the UK means to most of the people who are in the UK, Ireland are with the EU that's theirs and your business, perhaps us people within the UK have different views on the matter.

Because I tend to forget Wales?  Is that the answer you're looking for?  A mention of Wales?

But back to the truth - I highlight England when the 'England' part of the UK is my subject matter.

I suppose I might say: "Wait your turn.  When I want to discuss the Welsh bit, or the Northern Irish bit, I'll  do so 9and many times have done so - but not until I want to.

Now - Scrumpy?  What is he?  British?  Maybe he is.  His Britishness wasn't the subject matter of my comments though.  But his Englishness is and was.  

Why?

Scrumpy: "At long last will have a chance of being an independent country one that won't have to fund the Bitter Jocks north of the border ( ) at the expense of the equally hard working people in the North, South, East and West of England. (Just need rid of the Welsh and NI)"
Why do you always need the logic of discussion pointed out for you so precisely.  It's bloody tiring keeping you going, Lord.  I can't be doing your reasoning for you and this will have to stop.

Doh

Serious, you cannot see the tongue in cheek of that comment ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 18 Sep 2014, 2:35 pm

You're never going to get straight answers from politicians, simply because they don't have the answers.

It will be up to the individual that must ask himself whether he wants Scotland to be independent, and what he or she will gain from being independent.

As a natural tendency I would think most people like to think they are independent.

I don't think there is a clear path to understanding the consequences of voting yes, or no.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 18 Sep 2014, 2:38 pm

How are the polls going at the moment ? Does anybody know ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 18 Sep 2014, 2:38 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Doh

Again...you play dumb...or otherwise.... and demand that someone replies to you in a TOM and JANE Learning to Read way.  That's just stubborness on your part, Lord.  Get with the program on how arguments and discussions progress - you've obviously enough experience of them, you've been here as long as I've been.

But once more I go to explain the fine print of bullshyte in the deal just to keep you informed.

It doesn't matter that Scrumpy is having his 'tongue in cheek' moment.  His intention is not the issue.  It's his statement.  His statement still doesn't require me to mention either Wales or Northern Ireland in my..... tongue in cheek...responses.  Get it?  
I'm responding to the tongue in cheek - and the tongue in cheek isolates the Englishness-ism of his UKdom.

Is that clear enough?

Don't bother answering, I know the answer will be NO..and another whack around the corner about why I don't answer questions thrown at Salmond about the "What ifs"

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 18 Sep 2014, 2:41 pm

SecretFly wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Doh

Again...you play dumb...or otherwise.... and demand that someone replies to you in a TOM and JANE Learning to Read way.  That's just stubborness on your part, Lord.  Get with the program on how arguments and discussions progress - you've obviously enough experience of them, you've been here as long as I've been.

But once more I go to explain the fine print of bullshyte of the deal just to keep you informed.

It doesn't matter that Scrumpy is having his 'tongue in cheek' moment.  His intention is not the issue.  It's his statement.  His statement still doesn't require me to mention either Wales or Northern Ireland in my..... tongue in cheek...responses.  Get it?  
I'm responding to the tongue in cheek - and the tongue in cheek isolates the Englishness-ism of his UKdom.

Is that clear enough?

Don't bother answering, I know the answer will be NO..and another whack around the corner about why I don't answer questions thrown at Salmond about the "What ifs"

SF, there have been other times on this debate where you have angled your debate towards England instead of the UK, before Scrumpy made that comment, so please give me some credit, I'll tell you what, lets talk about those British Lions shall we...................... Whistle

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 18 Sep 2014, 2:43 pm

LordDowlais wrote:How are the polls going at the moment ? Does anybody know ?

103% of the electorate have voted already! So it looks like everyone who can vote has voted or will vote before the polls close.

Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 18 Sep 2014, 2:48 pm

The 3% was the difference Salmond found to push over the finish line. He'll have his half of Scotland beleiving that 103% is a proper % they way he can swing things. drumroll

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 18 Sep 2014, 2:49 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
SF, there have been other times on this debate where you have angled your debate towards England instead of the UK, before Scrumpy made that comment, so please give me some credit, I'll tell you what, lets talk about those British Lions shall we...................... Whistle

Forget the other times, Lord....and just admit your present swipe at me is misdirected.

On those other times though (to show you I don't evade!), I also chose freely to highlight the Englishness of the UK bit to discuss the subject matter of the comments that were coming and going. No apologies for that - now or in the future.
I am not the only person on these threads, in the News, on the TV, who has mentioned 'England' in the context of the Scottish debate.  Not by a long shot.  If it's a sizeable slice of the debate, then I'll be printing the word and talking about it.  
The only problem you have is that I keep irritating you - and that's because my opinions you don't like and you don't share.  You dislike Salmond and his arguments and you dislike me and mine.  

That's fine.  That's the way debate goes.  It's natural.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 18 Sep 2014, 3:02 pm

SecretFly wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Forget the other times, Lord....and just admit your present swipe at me is misdirected.

On those other times though (to show you I don't evade!), I also chose freely to highlight the Englishness of the UK bit to discuss the subject matter of the comments that were coming and going. No apologies for that - now or in the future.
I am not the only person on these threads, in the News, on the TV, who has mentioned 'England' in the context of the Scottish debate.  Not by a long shot.  If it's a sizeable slice of the debate, then I'll be printing the word and talking about it.  
The only problem you have is that I keep irritating you - and that's because my opinions you don't like and you don't share.  You dislike Salmond and his arguments and you dislike me and mine.  

That's fine.  That's the way debate goes.  It's natural.

SF I do not dislike anything, I disagree, but dislike, no, you do irritate me on time's I'll give you that, but that is more down to the fact you right a mini epic to say something that could be said in one sentence, but I can live with that as we all need a variety on here, I might be wrong in what I think you mean, but I first noticed it when you were saying things like England own the pound, I cannot see where that is derived from, because it is not true, but anyhow, dislike, no, disagree, yes. Also to make things clear I far from dislike YOU, I quite like you as a poster and that is why I can easily put up with the irritation.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 18 Sep 2014, 3:19 pm

So you dislike my style?  Well, many people do.  Join the queue...behind ME for a start (who is a Munster Royalist and wants to separate from our Republic!)

But that's just the way of it...I like to twist and weave and find small wounds and make them bigger - with words! nothing more. That's just my style in debating.

But I belive everything I say when I talk seriously and I think most people know when I'm being serious and when I'm up to my bullschit stuff.

There are too many English people that I've grown up with and love - in many walks of life in many many spheres - from entertainment, to science, to literature (not many in sporting terms for some strange reason that might have to do with my compeitive spirit Wink ).  But the word 'hate' - 'hatred of the English' - is neither remotely accurate and probably hurtful.

I can disagree passionately with them though - and the Welsh, and the Scots and fellow Irish men.  That's what I do - disagree with certain reasoning in this debate and others.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 18 Sep 2014, 3:24 pm

SecretFly wrote:So you dislike my style?  Well, many people do.  Join the queue...behind ME for a start (who is a Munster Royalist and wants to separate from our Republic!)

But that's just the way of it...I like to twist and weave and find small wounds and make them bigger - with words!  nothing more. That's just my style in debating.

But I belive everything I say when I talk seriously and I think most people know when I'm being serious and when I'm up to my bullschit stuff.

There are too many English people that I've grown up with and love - in many walks of life in many many spheres - from entertainment, to science, to literature (not many in sporting terms for some strange reason that might have to do with my compeitive spirit Wink ).  But the word 'hate' - 'hatred of the English' - is neither remotely accurate and probably hurtful.

I can disagree passionately with them though - and the Welsh, and the Scots and fellow Irish men.  That's what I do - disagree with certain reasoning in this debate and others.

No, I do not dislike it, it just irritates me sometimes. Hug

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 18 Sep 2014, 3:32 pm

YouGov: No 52 Yes 48
Survation: No 53 Yes 47
Panelbase: No 52 Yes 48
Ipsos Mori: No 51 Yes 49

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 18 Sep 2014, 3:37 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:

Christ on a bike this is close, which one do you believe is the more accurate, RDW ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 18 Sep 2014, 3:55 pm

Lord, do you mean the polls of today? Coz there aren't any! The media is not allowed to cover campagining or the like today until after the polls close!

The polls RDW has given are those over the last few days. Personally I think the final outcome will be 53% no and 47% yes (not counting rejected votes)
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 18 Sep 2014, 3:59 pm

tigertattie wrote:Lord, do you mean the polls of today? Coz there aren't any! The media is not allowed to cover campagining or the like today until after the polls close!

The polls RDW has given are those over the last few days.  Personally I think the final outcome will be 53% no and 47% yes (not counting rejected votes)

When does it finish ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 18 Sep 2014, 4:09 pm

Polling Stations close at 10pm tonight. Should know the results early tomorrow morning.

I must say, the framing ''Should Scotland be an independent country?'' of the Question is good for the 'Yes' side.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 18 Sep 2014, 4:22 pm

Thats where a large argument kicked off! Its just part of the human psyche. We like the word yes more than the word no

The UK goverment wanted the question to be along the lines of "Do you want to leave the United Kingdom"

Looking forward to tomorrow morning when the result is announced so that we can put this all behind us one way or the other and get on with life!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 18 Sep 2014, 4:23 pm

Remember how badly the exit polls got Majors victory. Exit polls predicted a labour majority. Only for it to be conservative!

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 18 Sep 2014, 4:24 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:

Christ on a bike this is close, which one do you believe is the more accurate, RDW ?

Neither.  I personally don't see the points in polls, as asking 1000 people who they are going to vote for doesn't really give much of a hint of what 4 million people will vote! I'm sure politics experts will talk of trends etc. but I just don't see the point.

It makes the hysteria over that recent PanelBase poll that pushed Yes in front all the more ridiculous.

Last edited by RDW_Scotland on Thu 18 Sep 2014, 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 18 Sep 2014, 4:26 pm

music
Follow Water o’ Leith
Down to St Marks Park
Listening to the wind of change
A September summer night
BBC journo’s passing by

The world is closing in
Did you ever think
That we could be so close
The future's in the air
Can feel it everywhere
Blowing with the wind of change

Take me to the magic of the moment
On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow dream away
In the wind of change

Walking down the street
Distant memories
Are buried in the past, forever
I follow the Water o’ Leith
Down to St Marks Park

On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow share their dreams
With you and me

On a glory night
In the wind of change

The wind of change
Blows straight into the face of time
Like a storm wind that will ring the freedom bell
For peace of mind
Let your bagpipes sing
What my harp wants to say

On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow share their dreams
With you and me

On a glory night
In the wind of change
music
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 18 Sep 2014, 4:27 pm

tigertattie wrote:Thats where a large argument kicked off! Its just part of the human psyche. We like the word yes more than the word no

The UK goverment wanted the question to be along the lines of "Do you want to leave the United Kingdom"

Looking forward to tomorrow morning when the result is announced so that we can put this all behind us one way or the other and get on with life!

Just as the Yes campaign wanted the question to be 'Do you agree that Scotland should be an independent country', which is also very biased!

The question we have is probably the most neutral we could get, as saying 'do you not want to leave the UK' would be far too confusing for the majority of the Scottish electorate to manage!

I'm glad it took months and hundreds of thousands of pounds of tax payers money to decide on...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 18 Sep 2014, 4:27 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote: [Neither.  I personally don't see the points in pools, .
Aye, they're particularly useless if ya cannae swim !!
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 18 Sep 2014, 4:28 pm

PenfroPete wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:   [Neither.  I personally don't see the points in pools, .
Aye, they're particularly useless if ya cannae swim !!

picard

Woops!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 18 Sep 2014, 4:37 pm

The question should have been:

"Do you not maybe want to go it alone by staying in the United Kingdom?"

That way the only answer available would be YES and it would cater for voters who wanted to vote NO and voters who wanted to vote YES and even the undecideds!

You gotta agree - that would have been the best solution all round.

Nothing solved but everyone happy that they won.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 18 Sep 2014, 4:44 pm

SecretFly wrote:The question should have been:

"Do you not maybe want to go it alone by staying in the United Kingdom?"

That way the only answer available would be YES and it would cater for voters who wanted to vote NO and voters who wanted to vote YES and even the undecideds!

You gotta agree - that would have been the best solution all round.

Nothing solved but everyone happy that they won.

Regardless of the actual wording the above is probably how the politicians read it

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 18 Sep 2014, 4:48 pm

To be honest I am still pretty depressed that the headliners of the NO campaign are Gordon Brown and Darling!

Would rather have Prince Edmund Duke of Edinburgh from Blackadder even though he is not real.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_to_Be_King_(Blackadder)

For a humorous look at the England-Scotland relationship.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjemu4_s1e2-the-black-adder-born-to-be-king_creation

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 18 Sep 2014, 4:48 pm

I don't think the "Do you agree" part was fair so happy it was rejected. It's a bit leading and again is a play on words to try and envoke an emotional response.

The whole thing could have been simplifed and done cheaper if they just came and asked me for the question!

I provide two options for a questions

option 1
Independence? Yes/No

Option 2
Is Alex Salmond a meglomanic who does not care for the interests of his country but is instead just trying to get his mug on the tele in the hope that he will be remembered in history one day?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 18 Sep 2014, 4:54 pm

Anyone remember the Armando Ianucci show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7scMC7YSDQ

I think many politicians are megalomaniacs tigertattie. Most of the British ones are. Do you honestly think David Cameron is not a megalomaniac? What about Brian Cowan or Bertie Ahern? Tony Blair, the biggest fraud and megalomaniac of them all! They loved him over in Britain. If Alex Salmond is a megalomaniac he's in good company.

beshocked- you don't understand, it's a different Gordon Brown. Gordon Brown who lived in London was a one-eyed Scottish idiot who ruined the economy, this Gordon Brown is the one from Kirkcaldy. He's the iron clad British Bulldog, the Unions sternest defender and no doubt if the Scots leave he'll be there to guide their nascent economy through some rocky waters. Two completely different people Wink
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 18 Sep 2014, 5:10 pm

I think Cameron is the weakest, most disconnected PM in my lifetime. A man who typifies what you get when you have politicians who have only ever been politicians

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 18 Sep 2014, 5:12 pm

lostinwales wrote:I think Cameron is the weakest, most disconnected PM in my lifetime. A man who typifies what you get when you have politicians who have only ever been politicians

I agree.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 18 Sep 2014, 5:16 pm

In fact we should make that law! you can't be a politition until you've spent at least five years doing a "real" job
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 18 Sep 2014, 5:17 pm

tigertattie wrote:In fact we should make that law! you can't be a politition until you've spent at least five years doing a "real" job

Wouldn't we need some politicians to make that law?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 18 Sep 2014, 5:21 pm

Notch I wouldn't say Cameron is a megalomaniac.Agree about Blair though!

Well I still see Brown as the one eyed Scottish idiot who ruined the economy!

Lostinwales I wouldn't say Cameron is any weaker or out of touch than the vast majority of politicians!

You might not like the bloke and I can understand why but before this referendum knocked confidence in the UK market, I thought Cameron and co were giving a bit of stability to the UK economy. He's far from perfect but I personally dread the alternatives.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 18 Sep 2014, 5:36 pm

beshocked wrote:Notch I wouldn't say Cameron is a megalomaniac.Agree about Blair though!

Well I still see Brown as the one eyed Scottish idiot who ruined the economy!

Lostinwales I wouldn't say Cameron is any weaker or out of touch than the vast majority of politicians!

You might not like the bloke and I can understand why but before this referendum knocked confidence in the UK market, I thought Cameron and co were giving a bit of stability to the UK economy. He's far from perfect but I personally dread the alternatives.

Politics wise we live in very bland times. Given the nature of politics we can agree to disagree on the rest.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 18 Sep 2014, 5:38 pm

I like Cameron - but then I'm not governed by him, which is half the battle of liking politicians Wink

But I wouldn't put him down as the anything(est) in terms of best or weakest or strongest or bitterest etc, etc.  I think he has the 'weakness' of virtually all present heads of state outside perhaps Mr Soft Spoken Viper Putin - and that is the lack of charisma, the lack of a real historically significant personality.  

I think most present leaders throughout the world right now are just filling in the spaces, waiting for a handful of true Big men/or women to arrive and carry the world of politics with them.  Most of the present lot are simply non-descript office types keeping their desks clutter free and making sure all their pens are accounted for at the end of each day.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 18 Sep 2014, 5:38 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:

Neither.  I personally don't see the points in polls, as asking 1000 people who they are going to vote for doesn't really give much of a hint of what 4 million people will vote! I'm sure politics experts will talk of trends etc. but I just don't see the point.

It makes the hysteria over that recent PanelBase poll that pushed Yes in front all the more ridiculous.

According to Mrs fES, who works in market research for a living, the methodology for the Ipsos Mori poll is the most robust, however as you say, all polls need to be taken with a pinch of salt.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 18 Sep 2014, 5:51 pm

My prediction is 57% No to 43% Yes. Watch this space.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 18 Sep 2014, 5:55 pm

I reckon it will be No within 5% No, but am growing increasingly worried of a Yes vote having seen pages on Facebook asking how people have voted

The Hearts FC fans page asked and is almost unanimously Yes, with a lot of people commenting!

I know that's a very small portion of the country, but it does get you worried.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 18 Sep 2014, 6:00 pm

Referendum No Campaign (that is campaign in the broadest sense of the word as there appeared to be no coherent strategy apart from relentless negativity) pen pictures:-
Darling - lying boring dullard
Brown - lying flip flopper
Reid - lying conniving little schieze
Murphy - lying cowardly charlatan
Prescott - lying thickoid
Milliband - lying invisible man
Lamont - lying Wee Jimmy Krankie lookalike with atrocious teeth and poodle to all things Westminster

Clegg - what is he for ????  Another liar nonetheless

Cameron - lying play-dough faced a-hole
Osborne - lying smug toss pot
Hammond - Lying slimebag

Farage - nasty, lying, fascist scum

George "I don't get out of bed for less than £64000" Gaga-Galloway - lying, misogynist, insane, r***-apologist

Think this probably sums up the Westminster establishment fairly succinctly   All of them appeared up here - why I have no idea ?   Along with the Orange Order they have done more for the Yes vote than Salmond /Sturgeon/ Harvie /Sheridan put together.    Thanks to all !

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 18 Sep 2014, 6:02 pm

I don't think that will be a particularly accurate cross section. I haven't found a single person in my organisation voting Yes, which is an equally unscientific cross section.

My hope is that all the noise from the Yes camp will have the effect of driving out the No voters who may have otherwise been complacent.

Tonight will be extremely interesting, particularly the North Lanarkshire outcome due at 2am, which could be a bit of an early pointer. Tomorrow is going to be fascinating, whatever the outcome.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 18 Sep 2014, 6:05 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Referendum No Campaign (that is campaign in the broadest sense of the word as there appeared to be no coherent strategy apart from relentless negativity) pen pictures:-
Lamont - lying Wee Jimmy Krankie lookalike with atrocious teeth and poodle to all things Westminster

Hammond - Lying slimebag

George "I don't get out of bed for less than £64000" Gaga-Galloway - lying, misogynist, insane, r***-apologist

Think this probably sums up the Westminster establishment fairly succinctly   All of them appeared up here - why I have no idea ?   Along with the Orange Order they have done more for the Yes vote than Salmond /Sturgeon/ Harvie /Sheridan put together.    Thanks to all !

One of the more articulate contributions from a separatist supporter I've read. Compelling case for separation. Well done.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 18 Sep 2014, 6:05 pm

Yay, Jeremy Vine with his waste of money graphics. Best bit of any vote.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 18 Sep 2014, 6:06 pm

Schizoid..I suppose you wouldn't tell us how you voted?

Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 18 Sep 2014, 6:08 pm

Looking forward to Vine with that New thing of his that's a box but not a box! Almost like a Tardis FlatScreen Info-nometre

Wow!! How'll that work, then? I better have me flask and sandwiches ready before he comes on

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 18 Sep 2014, 6:10 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Referendum No Campaign (that is campaign in the broadest sense of the word as there appeared to be no coherent strategy apart from relentless negativity) pen pictures:-

Hammond - Lying slimebag

One of the more articulate contributions from a separatist supporter I've read. Compelling case for separation. Well done.

Just waiting for your words of wisdom Wise Imperial One !

BTW think you may get a wee fright tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 18 Sep 2014, 6:11 pm

The vice president of my company wore a No thanks badge yesterday, so I suspect there aren't many Yes voters here either! I certainly don't know any at work. So that's the civil engineering industry and law industries covered. My girlfriend says the surveying and property industries are staunch no in her experience.

Not overly scientific, but there you go!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 18 Sep 2014, 6:15 pm

It's back to the assumption that educated people vote No and dumb schits vote Yes.  

Like I said a few days ago, the No camp should have used the Yes voters idiotic non-intellectualism against them and told them to vote No if they wanted Yes.  The Yes voters look dumb enough to try it Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 18 Sep 2014, 6:16 pm

SecretFly wrote:Looking forward to Vine with that New thing of his that's a box but not a box!  Almost like a Tardis FlatScreen Info-nometre  

Wow!!  How'll that work, then?  I better have me flask and sandwiches ready before he comes on

I think I'm going to try a stay up for this. Nip to the shop to get supplies. Be wowed by the graphics, the GRAPHICS!

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 18 Sep 2014, 6:21 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Looking forward to Vine with that New thing of his that's a box but not a box!  Almost like a Tardis FlatScreen Info-nometre  

Wow!!  How'll that work, then?  I better have me flask and sandwiches ready before he comes on

I think I'm going to try a stay up for this. Nip to the shop to get supplies. Be wowed by the graphics, the GRAPHICS!

If Salmond loses he'll be on air instantly to complain that Scot's licence fee partially paid for the privilege to be told so by some Toryite Spacenictronic bollix of a Infoboxiser!!!!! Insult on top of insult.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next