The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+10
Pal Joey
littleswannygirl
Rowley
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
rIck_dAgless
Adam D
kingraf
14 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 5 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by kingraf Tue 16 Sep 2014, 1:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Headed to the dam this weekend. God I've missed it. Girlfriend's never been and I'm undecided on whether to take her or not.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 5 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 22 Sep 2014, 8:24 am

I am sure future generations will be gratefull sean, though they no longer seem to be a haven for jazz mags anymore, unless you are starting a sanctuary for retired Razzles?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 5 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Mon 22 Sep 2014, 8:40 am

Laugh

Funnily enough old cricket score boxes are a great place to find adult literature.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 22 Sep 2014, 8:44 am

sean wrote:Funnily enough old cricket score boxes are a great place to find adult literature.

To be honest I could well imagine bored scorers sitting in the scoreboard cracking one off over the readers wives...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 22 Sep 2014, 8:57 am

Watched half a film called Safe House last night. Critically panned but I quite enjoyed it.

Also watched the last half of the battle of midway. Missus is away with work all week so I am going to be war filmed up all week. I've heard Lone Survivor with Walberg is quite good?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 22 Sep 2014, 9:13 am

Morning all. Work - yay!
Interesting use of a question mark at the end of a statement sean.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 22 Sep 2014, 9:28 am

It works?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 22 Sep 2014, 9:30 am

Therapy?

The question mark on this bands name always used to grate...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 22 Sep 2014, 9:52 am

Question marks at the end of statements really annoy me?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 22 Sep 2014, 9:55 am

Unless you are writing your sentences in high rising terminal...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 22 Sep 2014, 9:58 am

I am so tired I could fall asleep any moment. Can't even be bothered to go for a dump.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:02 am

rick_dagless wrote:Therapy?

The question mark on this bands name always used to grate...

Where do you stand on sixties garage legends ? and the mysterions Rick?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:05 am

Jeff wrote:Where do you stand on sixties garage legends ? and the mysterions Rick?

About the same to be honest Jeff, though my huge lack of musical knowledge means that this is the first I have heard of these grammatical aberrations.

Don't get me started on when Prince changed his name...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:07 am

Did the original version of 96 Tears Rick, later covered by The Inspiral Carpets and The Stranglers. Fine way to start the day, with a discussion that covers both musical snobbery and grammatical pedantry.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:07 am

Sh*t on here today?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:15 am

Jeff wrote:Did the original version of 96 Tears Rick, later covered by The Inspiral Carpets and The Stranglers. Fine way to start the day, with a discussion that covers both musical snobbery and grammatical pedantry.

I know the song so I will look them up. I like to think we are bringing the culture club back to it's roots Jeff.

Tino wrote:Sh*t on here today?

The only time a star is appropriate mid-word in this particular debate Tino, is when describing Irish pop starlets B*witched.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:19 am

[quote="rick_dagless"]
Jeff wrote:Don't get me started on when Prince changed his name...

What about Freur?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:22 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

What about Freur?

Has Sean hacked your account Jules? Some fine ballsing up of the quote function.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:26 am

Will.I.AM. must drive you insane Rick, not only is his music absolute drivel, he is also a massive tool and grammatical mine field.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:27 am

Rowley wrote:Will.I.AM. must drive you insane Rick, not only is his music absolute drivel, he is also a massive tool and grammatical mine field.

How was your holiday, Jeff?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:29 am

It was alright Tina, went to Hungerford which is a lovely place. Got two second hand boxing books I feel confident I will never read, so I was generally happy.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:29 am

Jeff wrote:Will.I.AM. must drive you insane Rick, not only is his music absolute drivel, he is also a massive tool and grammatical mine field.

Yes. Yes he does, and it winds me up even more that one of my friends has seemingly adopted this as his earstwhile moniker on social sites, and, more irritatingly, on a ten pin bowling score screen...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:31 am

Rowley wrote:It was alright Tina, went to Hungerford which is a lovely place. Got two second hand boxing books I feel confident I will never read, so I was generally happy.

Is that the place where that chap shot lots of people in the '80's?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:32 am

Tino wrote:Is that the place where that chap shot lots of people in the '80's?

Michael Ryan went postal.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:33 am

Michael Ryan Tina, did try and discuss it with a few of the locals but none of them seemed interested. Is right what they say about southerners being ruder than us men of the north.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:33 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:Is that the place where that chap shot lots of people in the '80's?

Michael Ryan went postal.

That's the one. Killed himself at the end, didn't he?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:35 am

Rowley wrote:Michael Ryan Tina, did try and discuss it with a few of the locals but none of them seemed interested. Is right what they say about southerners being ruder than us men of the north.

Southerners really are rude. I still say hello to checkout girls in the Asda and they look at you like you've asked to see their jugs or something.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:36 am

Rowley wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

What about Freur?

Has Sean hacked your account Jules? Some fine ballsing up of the quote function.

Not sure if it's me being in a hurry, a bad day, or just the inevitable start of a sad mental decline.
At least I remembered Freur though.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:37 am

I'm heading down that way in a week or so. Old man needs my help with the horse paddocks and stable roofing. As a proper northener, he has always said the people down there (Devizes) are the friendliest people he has met.

Perhaps it is just Jeff's sh*t chat?

Last edited by seanmichaels on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:37 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Rowley wrote:Michael Ryan Tina, did try and discuss it with a few of the locals but none of them seemed interested. Is right what they say about southerners being ruder than us men of the north.

Southerners really are rude.  I still say hello to checkout girls in the Asda and they look at you like you've asked to see their jugs or something.

I know what you mean Tino. I get the same thing. Although to be fair, I do usually say "Hello, can I see your jugs?"

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:40 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Jeff wrote:Did the original version of 96 Tears Rick, later covered by The Inspiral Carpets and The Stranglers. Fine way to start the day, with a discussion that covers both musical snobbery and grammatical pedantry.

I know the song so I will look them up.  I like to think we are bringing the culture club back to it's roots Jeff.

Tino wrote:Sh*t on here today?

The only time a star is appropriate mid-word in this particular debate Tino, is when describing Irish pop starlets B*witched.

Good point rick. By the way, did you ever used to watch that TV show about the doctors in the Korean War? What was it called?

Last edited by JuliusHMarx on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I can't do anything right anymore.)

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:40 am

Hungerford is proper posh though. Went in an Antiques shop and was looking at a table I quite liked, had no intention of buying it as it would not have fitted in my house, but it was £25,000! For a second hand table. I have never felt more northern in my life.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:41 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Southerners really are rude.  I still say hello to checkout girls in the Asda and they look at you like you've asked to see their jugs or something.

I know what you mean Tino. I get the same thing. Although to be fair, I do usually say "Hello, can I see your jugs?"

Yeah but I bet you say in such an endearing way that you get to see lots of boobies when you go shopping.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:46 am

Julius does not go to Asda, he is a Waitrose kind of guy.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:54 am

Rowley wrote:Julius does not go to Asda, he is a Waitrose kind of guy.

I think he shops in Marks and Spencer actually. Wouldn't slum it in Waitrose.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:55 am

Jules wrote:Good point rick. By the way, did you ever used to watch that TV show about the doctors in the Korean War? What was it called?

Was that the one about the mobile armoured surgical hospital Jules?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:55 am

Rowley wrote:Julius does not go to Asda, he is a Waitrose kind of guy.

Morrisons and Tesco as it happens. I'm not posh, just intellectual.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:56 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Jules wrote:Good point rick. By the way, did you ever used to watch that TV show about the doctors in the Korean War? What was it called?

Was that the one about the mobile armoured surgical hospital Jules?

That's the one. Wasn't it given some sort of shorter name?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:58 am

Jules wrote:That's the one. Wasn't it given some sort of shorter name?

That would make sense as it is a bit long, but naming of T.V programmes is often a hot potato.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 22 Sep 2014, 11:01 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Jules wrote:That's the one. Wasn't it given some sort of shorter name?

That would make sense as it is a bit long, but naming of T.V programmes is often a hot potato.

Yes, some of them are just sh*t.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 22 Sep 2014, 11:04 am

Jules wrote:Yes, some of them are just sh*t.

Speaking of which, there is a new comedy show coming up on C4 called "Scrotal Recall" I am yet unure whether this is good, or bad, as a name.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 22 Sep 2014, 11:25 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Jules wrote:Yes, some of them are just sh*t.

Speaking of which, there is a new comedy show coming up on C4 called "Scrotal Recall" I am yet unure whether this is good, or bad, as a name.

My guess is that anything that has to give itself such a 'wacky' name is almost certainly a pile of w*nk.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 22 Sep 2014, 11:33 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:a pile of w*nk.

That particular similie has never sat quite right with me.

Surely it would be more of a puddle?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 22 Sep 2014, 11:34 am

Union Cane wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:a pile of w*nk.

That particular similie has never sat quite right with me.

Surely it would be more of a puddle?

Possibly. I will have a think about it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 22 Sep 2014, 12:15 pm

Anyone watching the BBC World news?
There's a fly giving some Iranian chap a hard time. lol.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 22 Sep 2014, 12:28 pm

Us flys just don't like the Iranians, LD.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 22 Sep 2014, 12:37 pm

superflyweight wrote:Us flys just don't like the Iranians, LD.  

Super, are you going to apply for Salmonds old job?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 22 Sep 2014, 12:53 pm

superflyweight wrote:Us flys just don't like the Iranians, LD.  

Super, are you going to apply for Salmonds old job?

He'd obviously need the pre-requisite fish-related surname to even be considered.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 22 Sep 2014, 12:54 pm

Chilli and rice, exactly what you would expect from chilli and rice.

Alex Salmond now looks like someone has drawn a sad face on a scrotum...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 22 Sep 2014, 12:58 pm

We could set up our own Scotland ruling fish name party.

Mind the windows Tuna

Sean Pikels

The Loaded Dogfish

Etc...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 22 Sep 2014, 1:00 pm

rick_dagless wrote:

Alex Salmond now looks like someone has drawn a sad face on a scrotum...

That's almost certainly what Super looks like. Just add ginger hair to the image and you're there.

Ham, cheese and mayo sandwich on thick white bread. Had to pop into town to get some decent bread but it was worth it. Lovely stuff.

Some plain Hula-Hoops and a bar of fruit and nut. Washed down with a can of coke zero.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next