The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cena, worth a bet?

+5
Kay Fabe
XR
Samo
Ché Guerrero
Dr_Uzeboo
9 posters

Go down

Cena, worth a bet? Empty Cena, worth a bet?

Post by Dr_Uzeboo Fri 19 Sep 2014, 6:38 am

Think what I'm asking is how you all see the main event going on Sun.

I don't see Cena regaining the title. It destroys the work done to date with Lesnar, ie ending the streak & the SummerSlam squash.

I don't see another one-sided squash victory for Lesnar. It makes Cena look far too weak.

I don't see a clean finish.

Whatever the outcome, I see this as being the end of the Cena/Lesnar matches. Going forward, Cena will need a feud of sufficient quality to keep him current & a top performer. Whatever our individual opinions of Cena, clearly the company aren't about to bury him.

Unless we have an unexpected return, I wonder whether we'll see Lesnar aligning with The Authority & Cena feuding with The Authority in the absence of a full-time Lesnar.

Here's my betting thought. Cena to win the match is 9/4. The theory of The Authority or some other outside interference attacking Cena gives us a Cena DQ win.

This outcome keeps Lesnar as champion but also puts Cena over & gives him a storyline moving forward.

Am finding 9/4 Cena quite tempting.

Welcome any views and opinions

Thanks. .

Dr_Uzeboo

Back to top Go down

Cena, worth a bet? Empty Re: Cena, worth a bet?

Post by Ché Guerrero Fri 19 Sep 2014, 9:04 am

Can he just turn heel already. No offense to the make a wish foundation but they are small fry compared to what it would generate for the WWE. Surely there are other celebrities to fill the void left by Cena

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 19 Sep 2014, 9:30 am

Ché Guerrero wrote:No offense to the make a wish foundation but they are small fry compared to what it would generate for the WWE.

Not gonna touch that one.

I think at this stage Cena not losing clean would mean he has an out for another match. I think it should be a much closer match, much like the Punk match last year, but Lesnar's overall stamina, strength and ability take him over the line. I'd also make it a no DQ match to let these two guys just fight it out.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Fri 19 Sep 2014, 10:43 am

I meant that from the perspective of the wwe management. i am categorically for what Make a Wish Foundation do but they way people use it to justify Cena staying face seems to imply it will collapse without him. As a personal choice for him it would be possible to argue to him that what he will be doing for the company outweighs the positive press he garners for his charitable actions.

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Fri 19 Sep 2014, 10:50 am

Not just charity, who are the big cena fans? The kids. Who is the only likely to have all the merchandise, figures and stuff bought for them? The kids.

There's no point turning him heel and hoping people buy in to it, are the kids gonna buy a heel john cena shirt? No. Are adult males gonna buy a heel john cena shirt? Nope.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Fri 19 Sep 2014, 10:53 am

with the stuttering launch of the network, interest is more valuable than merch sales right now

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 19 Sep 2014, 2:22 pm

Never ever overlook the WWE pulling the trigger on Cena, I have no idea about back stage politics anymore but if there is pressure on the E to get their Champion on the road then they may have to take the belt off Lesnar, this is a typical Cena monster fued in that the monster is built to be the guy to end Cena only for pump up paddy to pull it out the bag, of course Lesnar destroyed Cena for the title which has never been done before but don't be surprised if we see the more usual outcomes on Sunday, maybe then we'll see a MitB cash in

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Fri 19 Sep 2014, 4:11 pm

Lesnar is near enough full time now he's the champ, his new deal includes all PPV's and any Raw the WWE want him at.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 19 Sep 2014, 4:38 pm

Also it's more a personal thing for John Cena that he isn't turned heel because of Make a Wish, not a WWE business thing.

I would not be surprised to see Cena win at Night of Champions, at all. I think the way it has been built, apart from poorly, makes no sense unless Cena wins or if Lesnar squashes him again and Cena was wrong about his heart and mindset getting him across the line.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 20 Sep 2014, 3:32 pm

RinoGattuso wrote:Lesnar is near enough full time now he's the champ, his new deal includes all PPV's and any Raw the WWE want him at.

full time isn't about what you see on TV, full time is house shows, big big bucks, ita one thing not to have a major name appear, but the WWE Champion? Almost unheard of from Vince McMahon

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 20 Sep 2014, 4:44 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:
full time isn't about what you see on TV, full time is house shows, big big bucks, ita one thing not to have a major name appear, but the WWE Champion? Almost unheard of from Vince McMahon

Thing with Lesnar is, his fans know not to expect to see him at a house show, and non-fans will be happy with another big name, like a Cena or a Bryan. Its almost a win/win, which feels weird.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 21 Sep 2014, 9:51 am

Didn`t see Summerslam but wish I had seen Cena get squashed by Lesnar. I think Lesnar being champ makes sense - in MMA your champion is a PPV only attraction and as Lesnar said he`s a prize fighter. Just as Lashley`s destroyer gimmick lends itself to frequent title defenses - going through the roster, being a fighting champion etc. so too Lesnar`s pseudo-MMA character lends itself to TV & PPV only. It makes him a bigger attraction knowing he`s not on the road all the time. His appearances then are a rarer occurrence and therefore more valuable. However, I just can`t see Cena losing two matches in the same fashion against Lesnar. Either Cena puts up the biggest fight of Brock`s life and loses or turns Super Cena on Brock, reverses their roles and gives Brock the biggest beating of his life and walks away champion again.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 22 Sep 2014, 2:50 pm

Good call
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down