The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

+25
GSC
sodhat
Number-25
mikeygnfl
Good Golly I'm Olly
Lowlandbrit
wadey101
Take it to the house
FIFA Diva
JDizzle
Bull
twelve283
SuperTanker
Pr4wn
CFCNick
BamBam
crazy_dave23
Thomond
Forward Pass
Skyforger
NYJ
adams_legend
skins4ever
TM Moot
CJB
29 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 4 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Number-25 Mon 15 Sep 2014, 12:13 am

First topic message reminder :

Well played San Diego

That was a fine performance

Made Seattle look ordinary

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 4 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 24 Sep 2014, 9:47 pm

Falcons-Lions looks like it could be real tasty if there's any tickets left for that

Not sure I wanna see Ryan tannehill under throwing one of the fastest WR's in the league
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 4 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 24 Sep 2014, 10:56 pm

mikeygnfl wrote:The Eagles are 10-1 in their last 11 regular season games since Nick Foles came in against the Raiders last season.

Mohamed Sanu has 4 completions from 4 attempts for 166 yards and 2 TDs now in the NFL.

Is anyone else going to the Dolphins vs Raiders game this Sunday? Apparently there are a few limited seats still available at £49 and £69 I think from returns.

Yeah I'm going... not sure what to make of it as a game this year. Probably competitive, but not at any level of quality!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Thu 25 Sep 2014, 9:02 am

Olly wrote:Falcons-Lions looks like it could be real tasty if there's any tickets left for that

can't wait for this, looks like it could be a decent game as both teams seem to be at about the same level

heading up London a day before, I'll be the drunk bloke in The Maple Leaf pub in Covent Garden on saturday night cider vomit

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 25 Sep 2014, 9:08 am

I know the Maple Leaf very well, Moot. I'm the one putting horrible songs on the jukebox to get rid of all my change (and annoy folks)

I'm at the Raiders game on Sunday. If I were a neutral I'd probably not be there Laugh
As it is, I've got club tickets so I can get hammered before and after the game.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 25 Sep 2014, 9:33 am

Had the chance to go to any of the three games, chose the Lions-Falcons game, am in club seats too!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 25 Sep 2014, 12:10 pm

Neil Reynolds on Twitter - New NFL deal with Sky announced from next season for 5 years, includes MNF

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 25 Sep 2014, 12:23 pm

Ah that's good news feared BT would get it
And SNF is still on c4?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Thu 25 Sep 2014, 2:45 pm

BamBam wrote:Neil Reynolds on Twitter - New NFL deal with Sky announced from next season for 5 years, includes MNF
I hoped MNF would have remained on 'free tv'. Not sure limiting the coverage is the best when trying to expand the sport. MNF on C4 would have been better. Though not sure whether and if any other channels would have been interested.

It's not going to happen but C4 having one live playoff game each round (similar to ITV have had with the Champions League) would be good.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Thu 25 Sep 2014, 3:16 pm

i'm with Olly. just chuffed BT didn't muscle in

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Thu 25 Sep 2014, 4:31 pm

Screw Sky. All they've got is NFL now. Gamepass and a 3rd party get around that. BT would have been perfect. They don't make their own studio shows for US sport, get the same show the Americans get.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Thu 25 Sep 2014, 9:25 pm

CFCNick wrote:Screw Sky. All they've got is NFL now. Gamepass and a 3rd party get around that. BT would have been perfect. They don't make their own studio shows for US sport, get the same show the Americans get.

to be fair i like this about their college football broadcasts... I have their internet so I love being able to check into ESPN on a Saturday evening if i'm eating or not doing much.... why produce a show that is predominantly an american specialty when they do it for you already and pitch it at a proper level of understanding

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Fri 26 Sep 2014, 2:12 am

The Redskins are not handling Larry Donnell.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri 26 Sep 2014, 7:49 am

GIANTS BABY!!!!!!! Peyton has Julius, Eli has Larry.

2-0 on CBS.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 26 Sep 2014, 8:48 am

CFCNick wrote:GIANTS BABY!!!!!!! Peyton has Julius, Eli has Larry.

2-0 on CBS.

Oh I wouldn't get too carried away... it was only my crappy Redskins that you were playing. We are who we are... a 3-13 team with a back-up QB and lots of other injuries.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 26 Sep 2014, 9:04 am

I hope last night finally kills all the "Kirk Cousins is awesome and should start ahead of Griffin" chat. He's a QB who is either very good or very bad - not much of a middle ground with him and you never know what he's going to give you on any given night. You can't start a QB like that long-term. For every game he'll win for you, he'll lose you another four. Thing is, he is as good as he is going to get. This is his ceiling. Griffin at least offers the hope that he can develop into a pocket passer with a big arm and excellent athletic ability. It might not happen but he should at least get that chance.

Kirk is what he is - a backup who can come off the bench if needs be and give you a shot at winning. He is not a starting QB.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 26 Sep 2014, 9:10 am

Really, most QBs should've had those games vs the Jaguars and Eagles.

The Jaguars are just awful. We didn't feel like covering or rushing the passer. He made a few nice throws, but really the type of game he had was pretty much the minimum for any competent QB, and to be brutally honest, a good one would've finished it.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri 26 Sep 2014, 9:18 am

Number-25 wrote:

2-0 on CBS.

Oh I wouldn't get too carried away... it was only my crappy Redskins that you were playing. We are who we are... a 3-13 team with a back-up QB and lots of other injuries.

Yeah but if we are as bad as people say it would be a lot closer. Solid performance.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 26 Sep 2014, 9:28 am

I dunno, TNF seems to be condusive to blowouts. The smallest winning margin on TNF this season is 20 points.

Too early for me to change my mind on the Giants. Momentum is a powerful thing, but it can't be ignored that they've won 2 games against the teams that would've picked 1st and 2nd in last years draft.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 26 Sep 2014, 9:49 am

That was exactly what I was going to say GSC - Giants have beaten 2 teams that combined for 5 wins last season and occupied the top 2 spots in the draft. If you're not looking solid in games against bad teams then you're in a world of trouble. The Redskins are a bad team.

Last night had at least as much to do with the Redskins awfulness than anything the Giants did.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 26 Sep 2014, 9:56 am

GSC wrote:Really, most QBs should've had those games vs the Jaguars and Eagles.

The Jaguars are just awful. We didn't feel like covering or rushing the passer. He made a few nice throws, but really the type of game he had was pretty much the minimum for any competent QB, and to be brutally honest, a good one would've finished it.

Totally agree... he had a good first half against the Eagles and then tailed off as the second half wore on. As for the end... you get the ball at the opponents 40, down by 3 and over 2 mins left and you can't move it even one yard? Please! It's not even like the Eagles were all over him - he had open WRs on 2 of the plays and couldn't make the throws. Not a starting QB.

He's 1-5 as a starter BTW. The lone win came against a very bad Cleveland team in his very first start when no-one in the league had any tape on him.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Fri 26 Sep 2014, 2:08 pm

2-0 on CBS.
Unfortunately they don't have anymore games schedule to be on CBS.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 26 Sep 2014, 2:15 pm

Unless its on SNF/MNF, they still have 1 more AFC team to play at home
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 26 Sep 2014, 3:40 pm

Booked Tuesday morning off work, do I stay up to watch MNF or watch in the morning #decisions
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri 26 Sep 2014, 6:53 pm

GSC wrote:Unless its on SNF/MNF, they still have 1 more AFC team to play at home

Colts on MNF which I'm attending with a Colts fan.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sat 27 Sep 2014, 12:39 am

Number-25 wrote:I hope last night finally kills all the "Kirk Cousins is awesome and should start ahead of Griffin" chat. He's a QB who is either very good or very bad - not much of a middle ground with him and you never know what he's going to give you on any given night. You can't start a QB like that long-term. For every game he'll win for you, he'll lose you another four. Thing is, he is as good as he is going to get. This is his ceiling. Griffin at least offers the hope that he can develop into a pocket passer with a big arm and excellent athletic ability. It might not happen but he should at least get that chance.

Kirk is what he is - a backup who can come off the bench if needs be and give you a shot at winning. He is not a starting QB.

Amen

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 27 Sep 2014, 10:33 am

Cardinals owner taking questions at the fans rally

Appears a visit from Arizona in 2015 is on the cards (I'm here all week!)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 28 Sep 2014, 8:00 pm

JJ Watt is just incredible
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 28 Sep 2014, 8:09 pm

Dennis Allen might as well not bother getting on the flight home
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 28 Sep 2014, 8:35 pm

And the Vick era fast approaches you suspect. Geno ain't saving Rexs job
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by adams_legend Sun 28 Sep 2014, 9:18 pm

Thank god red zone is back , don't get why they disable it just becuase the game is in england

adams_legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 28 Sep 2014, 9:24 pm

Hey coaches when you got a future HoF QB give him a chance to get the first down to win you the game, don't run a draw on 3rd and 5.

Pittsburgh deserved that loss for that some
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sun 28 Sep 2014, 10:03 pm

Woo! Finally, something to post about!

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 28 Sep 2014, 10:14 pm

Well who would've thought playing a 3rd overall pick over Chad Henne would make an offence and team look good? Gus Bradley you genius #sensethesarcasm
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 28 Sep 2014, 10:25 pm

Colin Kaepernick just isn't a very good passer of the football
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 28 Sep 2014, 10:30 pm

GSC wrote:And the Vick era fast approaches you suspect. Geno ain't saving Rexs job
I can't believe they had Tim Tebow and then let him go.

Pr4wn wrote:Woo! Finally, something to post about!
Mike Glennon = win.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Sun 28 Sep 2014, 10:54 pm

GSC wrote:And the Vick era fast approaches you suspect. Geno ain't saving Rexs job

And Vick is going to do what exactly?
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 28 Sep 2014, 10:55 pm

Bridgewater looks really really good

Still dunno how he dropped so far. Seemed people were more interested in his hand size than his tape around draft time
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Sun 28 Sep 2014, 11:00 pm

Olly wrote:Bridgewater looks really really good

Still dunno how he dropped so far. Seemed people were more interested in his hand size than his tape around draft time

Told ya'll he was good.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 28 Sep 2014, 11:58 pm

Nick Foles really isn't a very good QB at all
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 29 Sep 2014, 12:24 am

Kaepernick's game awareness/clock management is just woeful absolutely woeful
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 29 Sep 2014, 12:40 am

Blair Walsh and Harrison Smith combining to make sure even Ponder won't be able to blow this for the Vikings. Just hope Teddy's not too badly hurt (looks like he'd probably be playing if they were behind to me).

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 29 Sep 2014, 12:44 am

I get that the o-line is banged up but 3rd and goal from the 1 with two shots you put the ball in Lesean McCoy's hands and let him do the business. Don't call two crappy cute plays that are ridiculously low percentage.

Just awful play calling awful
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 29 Sep 2014, 1:11 am

Olly wrote:I get that the o-line is banged up but 3rd and goal from the 1 with two shots you put the ball in Lesean McCoy's hands and let him do the business. Don't call two crappy cute plays that are ridiculously low percentage.

Just awful play calling awful
Some of the playcalling from the Eagles in the redzone has been pretty awful so far this seasonn. From what I saw of the game it looked pretty scrappy. It was more of a must win game for the 49ers who are now back in business while I think the Eagles would have take 3-1 at week 4 at the start of the season.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 29 Sep 2014, 7:04 am

Did you watch our run game all day?

Hard to overcome this o line atm
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 29 Sep 2014, 7:18 am

Like I said I get that the o-line is banged up, but you still put the ball in McCoy's hands there. He's your best shot at getting the TD, not some "look at me being the smartest guy in the room" fade throw to Brent bloomin Celek
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 29 Sep 2014, 7:18 am

Anyways the Saints suck badly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 29 Sep 2014, 7:36 am

It changes things when you havent consistently got past the LoS
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 29 Sep 2014, 7:47 am

The team that should've abandoned the run didn't, meanwhile Harbaugh went full Andy Reid for 3 quarters.

The run game consistently picked up chunks of yardage, yet they kept going back to an overmatched Kaepernick.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 29 Sep 2014, 9:34 am

Eh, like him or not, Vick brings a spark. If he catches fire, the Jets are probably a postseason team.

Chances of that happening are fairly low, as is his chance of being healthy for every game, but at this stage, so are the odds of Geno Smith ever amounting to anything. And with that, the odds of Geno winning enough games to save Rex
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Mon 29 Sep 2014, 11:18 am

GSC wrote:Eh, like him or not, Vick brings a spark. If he catches fire, the Jets are probably a postseason team.

Chances of that happening are fairly low, as is his chance of being healthy for every game, but at this stage, so are the odds of Geno Smith ever amounting to anything. And with that, the odds of Geno winning enough games to save Rex

"Vick brings a spark" is a term that gets banded around far too often for my liking. Vick also brings fumbles and dangerous plays at the same rate Geno does.

Geno is a good QB who you can pencil in for 2-3 bonehead plays every game.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next