The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

+25
GSC
sodhat
Number-25
mikeygnfl
Good Golly I'm Olly
Lowlandbrit
wadey101
Take it to the house
FIFA Diva
JDizzle
Bull
twelve283
SuperTanker
Pr4wn
CFCNick
BamBam
crazy_dave23
Thomond
Forward Pass
Skyforger
NYJ
adams_legend
skins4ever
TM Moot
CJB
29 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 15 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Number-25 Mon 15 Sep - 0:13

First topic message reminder :

Well played San Diego

That was a fine performance

Made Seattle look ordinary

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 15 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 9 Nov - 21:56

Olly wrote:Hey look buffalo and Miami are who we thought they are
I don't think either did that badly. The Bills only lost by four points to the Chiefs to outplayed the Patriots earlier in the season and Detroit is not the easiest place to go after they've had their bye week. The Lions beat the Saints and the Packers at Ford Field. I wouldn't rule either team out of the playoffs just yet or the AFC East title. The Patriots don't have the easiest run in. Next weeks game between the Bills and Dolphins is almost an an eliminator tie though.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 15 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 9 Nov - 22:00

The current three games on all look interesting. I had gone for the Raiders to beat the Broncos and I think the Rams will give the Cardinals a though game too. The Giants seem to be holding their own in Seattle at the moment.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Take it to the house Sun 9 Nov - 22:06

Odell Beckham is playing great vs. Richard Sherman and the Seahawks secondary

Take it to the house

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 9 Nov - 22:34

mikeygnfl wrote:
Olly wrote:Hey look buffalo and Miami are who we thought they are
I don't think either did that badly. The Bills only lost by four points to the Chiefs to outplayed the Patriots earlier in the season and Detroit is not the easiest place to go after they've had their bye week. The Lions beat the Saints and the Packers at Ford Field. I wouldn't rule either team out of the playoffs just yet or the AFC East title. The Patriots don't have the easiest run in. Next weeks game between the Bills and Dolphins is almost an an eliminator tie though.
If you can't beat the chiefs at home you ain't getting anywhere near the playoffs
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 9 Nov - 22:43

What if you get beaten by the Chiefs on the road
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 9 Nov - 22:55

GSC wrote:What if you get beaten by the Chiefs on the road

Well different kettle of fish innit  Whistle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 9 Nov - 22:57

It is genuinely ridiculous the amount of OPI/pick plays Denver gets away with
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 10 Nov - 0:12

Carson Palmer has exited the Cardinals vs Rams game with a knee injury. All the top playoff hopefuls seem to have come through their games this week, the Steelers aside. Good wins for the Chiefs, Lions and 49ers earlier while the Broncos, Cardinals and Seahawks have all got going in the second half.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 10 Nov - 7:36

Arizona actually looks better with Stanton at QB than Palmer

Chicago is just an absolute mess
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 10 Nov - 9:17

Start the firing countdown in Chicago, no way everyone survives that
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 10 Nov - 11:55

Funny how the NFL can be both predictable and unpredictable.

The NFCs top 2 seeds are currently the Cardinals and Lions

The AFCs are QBed by Peyton Manning and Tom Brady
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 10 Nov - 16:41

So Carson Palmer signs a massive deal in Cincy and does his ACL inside 2 weeks...

Signs a reasonably sizable (given his age etc.) deal in Arizona and does his ACL inside 1 week...

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 10 Nov - 17:01

GSC wrote:Start the firing countdown in Chicago, no way everyone survives that
There's no way with that offensive talent and let's face it the defence is hardly bereft of players, they should be losing that badly week after week.

Cutler is just a poor to average QB. He's not better than a Matt Cassel or Josh McCown
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 10 Nov - 17:45

The defense is very bereft of players
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 10 Nov - 19:33

Palmer confirmed torn ACL. Horrible timing for him, finally on a good team
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 10 Nov - 19:52

Stanton is better to be honest. Palmer really isn't that good
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 10 Nov - 20:29

Bears suck!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 10 Nov - 20:33

GSC wrote:Stanton is better to be honest. Palmer really isn't that good
I agree but still he's played most of his career on dumpster fire teams, finally catches a break and gets injured
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 11 Nov - 10:57

Not sure last night really aided Rex or Idziks job security
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 11 Nov - 12:51

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/ball-dont-lie-especially-when-passing-to-your-own-line-1656640534/+bubbaprog

I love the pause when he catches it, before he decides to try and juke a defender.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 11 Nov - 13:59

Oakland still holds the keys to the #1 pick with a strong performance Sunday.

The Jaguars are hot on their heels however with an emphatic performance against an injured Romo.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 11 Nov - 16:27

I was at the Jags/Cowboys game

Still a massive amount of support for the Cowboys ahead of the Jags, and noticeably more American fans at the game. I guess the Cowboys still have that pull. Fair few Jags fans there still.

The game was putrid though. Over the second they fumbled the punt return. Killed all their momentum stone dead.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Nov - 17:18

sodhat wrote:http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/ball-dont-lie-especially-when-passing-to-your-own-line-1656640534/+bubbaprog

I love the pause when he catches it, before he decides to try and juke a defender.

That's the most jets thing to ever happen to a non jets team.

Excellent commitment to comedy
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Nov - 17:28

GSC wrote:Not sure last night really aided Rex or Idziks job security

The overreaction to sanchezs performance is hilarious. Imagine what chips system would do with an actual good QB in it
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 11 Nov - 20:11

sodhat wrote:I was at the Jags/Cowboys game

Still a massive amount of support for the Cowboys ahead of the Jags, and noticeably more American fans at the game. I guess the Cowboys still have that pull. Fair few Jags fans there still.

The game was putrid though. Over the second they fumbled the punt return. Killed all their momentum stone dead.

I was a little surprised at the positive Dallas reaction in the large part. I was expecting (hoping) more booing, but the crowd gets into scoring regardless of what team it is once things get going

In terms of Jags fans... it is very noticeable how they have increased over the years. There were never any at the beginning, but now I see plenty. Its quite nice to see really

In terms of the game, as you say... was over the second that punt was fumbled. I knew it then and it came to fruition

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 11 Nov - 21:38

Wonder if Geno Smith would get another shot in the NFL. I guess if Gabbert can...
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Nov - 22:12

GSC wrote:Wonder if Geno Smith would get another shot in the NFL. I guess if Gabbert can...
Brandon Weeden did! 

He's got some talent there, somebody will take a punt. He could become a good backup
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 11 Nov - 22:20

"talent"
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Nov - 22:48

He's got more than Weeden and Gabbert tbf, he just makes ridiculously bone headed decisions and let's face it is hardly in a great situation (did you read that piece where the coaches told him he had to throw to Harbin in that bills game, then he got picked of course)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 12 Nov - 6:22

Both were first rounders for a reason
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 12 Nov - 15:24

Through 9 games, Sproles has 1 less PotW awards than the Saints have wins
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Wed 12 Nov - 17:27

Sanchez is a decent NFL QB. We all know this. It was the media in New York that made his job untenable.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 12 Nov - 17:47

A few more points. Sanchez never really got what it took to be a NFL QB in New York. Part of that was the Jets idea of lighting a fire under him involved bringing in Tim Tebow. Not that that excuses it but it does seem he's bought into the Chip Kelly program entirely. Some guys need that shock to the system to get it, some never do.

My thoughts on the Jets, and Rex's, ability to create an environment to cultivate young offensive talent is well documented
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Fri 14 Nov - 8:38

Typical Patriots, hogging the spotlight. Just when you thought Buffalo's offense was the most embarrassing thing that happened last night: http://deadspin.com/maybe-you-shouldnt-thank-this-specific-follower-patrio-1658660978/all

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 16 Nov - 10:17

Why College Football is a bit ridiculous... Ladanian Tomlinsons single game rush record was broken by a guy from Wisconsin... in 3 Qtrs... and they didn't run him at all in the 4th

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 16 Nov - 11:18

Considering Melvin Gordon was considered a preseason Heisman contender and Nebraska was in the top 20 against the run coming in to the game, you might be a little harsh there.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 16 Nov - 13:14

More what i'm saying, is these records are just ridiculously huge... If he had played a full game (not 3/4) he could have been at say 550 yards rushing in a game. Its not a knock on Melvin Gordon, or the opponents he did it against, just that that much rushing is extreme.

There are teams loosing in CFB whilst racking up 700 yards of total offence with no turnovers.

The stats are just getting crazy

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by adams_legend Sun 16 Nov - 18:23

JJ Wyatt with another receiving touch down

adams_legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 16 Nov - 18:25

That was a ridiculous catch as well
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 16 Nov - 18:33

adams_legend wrote:JJ Wyatt with another receiving touch down
@MarkBermanFox26 wrote:JJ Watt first defensive lineman since 1948 to have 4 touchdowns in a season.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 16 Nov - 18:36

Good to see the Redskins have come out of their bye week looking super-prepared and ready to go.... Shocked

3 drives.... 2 interceptions.... 1 punt.... 10-0 deficit

That's Redskins football at its finest my friends

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 16 Nov - 18:51

How great are fake punts?

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 16 Nov - 18:57

Robert Griffin looks bad.

Audible boos from the Redskins fans there following back to back sacks which pushed us into a long field goal situation which we ultimately missed. Whether directed at Griffin himself or the general stinky play of the team it's hard to say but certainly Griffin does not look very good - takes far too long to throw the ball.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 16 Nov - 19:00

Shaun hill is currently out quarterbacking Peyton manning.

What a world
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 16 Nov - 19:03

Right put your mortgage on Denver now
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 16 Nov - 19:15

Oh I give up... yet another Redskins turnover..... they're just absolutely sodding hopeless.

I'm done with this game

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 16 Nov - 19:22

New Orleans flat out stink
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 16 Nov - 19:39

Holy crap what a hit on Emmanuel sanders
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 16 Nov - 20:02

If today's game stay like this the Buccaneers will only be two games off the top of the NFC South.

The Broncos are not so hot on the road and they still have to play the Chiefs in the Arrowhead. They could be heading towards the wildcards.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 16 Nov - 20:29

This rookie WR class is a bit good. Mike Evans has gone off today...

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next