The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+9
JuliusHMarx
Adam D
Pal Joey
seanmichaels
superflyweight
Rowley
Galted
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
13 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 13 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 22 Oct 2014, 10:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Union Cane wrote:Decades, lol.

Oh Christ.

Not this again.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 13 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by kingraf Wed 29 Oct 2014, 1:08 pm

My third name is Francesc. My dad never did explain why he gave me a Catalán name. I don't even like Catalans (in a non racist way)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 13 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Wed 29 Oct 2014, 1:12 pm

Rowley wrote:I know we have mentioned this before Jules, but it is a constant pleasure to meet someone else who realises Point Break is absolute horse crap.

Brilliant film. You've just met a fellow snob.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 29 Oct 2014, 1:19 pm

Watched Cockneys vs Zombies last night, so bad it is good.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 29 Oct 2014, 1:24 pm

Happy Endings?

1. From which book is this the last line – “After all, tomorrow is another day”.
2.What 2 letters can be placed at the end of each of these three words to make three new words – Fat, Sign, Later.
3. What year did the last Woolworths store close down in the UK.
4. What 2 terminals are at the each end of the Eurotunnel (will accept towns).
5. Which Canadian singer had a 2004 top 5 UK hit with My Happy Ending.
6. In what year did Prince Charles & Princess Diana divorce.
7. The End OF The Affair is a 1951 novel by which author.
8. On what day in 1945 did the Germans surrender, ending World War 2, now known as VE day.
9. Which 3 letter word placed at the end of each of these three words to make three new words. Leg, Imp, Off.
10. What is the last word in the Bible

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 29 Oct 2014, 1:27 pm

Struggling with some of these so whilst I have a think

1 - gone with the wind
2-
3- 2008?
5 - Alannis Morrisette
6 - 1996
9- end
10 - amen

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 29 Oct 2014, 1:27 pm

2. AL
4. Folkestone / Calais
9. END
10. Amen
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 29 Oct 2014, 1:31 pm

7 is Graeme Greene. Greene is brilliant BTW

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 29 Oct 2014, 1:32 pm

10. Fin?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 29 Oct 2014, 1:35 pm

8 May 1945

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 29 Oct 2014, 1:38 pm

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 13 55750110
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 29 Oct 2014, 1:42 pm

1. From which book is this the last line – “After all, tomorrow is another day”. Gone with the wind
2. What 2 letters can be placed at the end of each of these three words to make three new words – Fat, Sign, Later. al
3. What year did the last Woolworths store close down in the UK.
4. What 2 terminals are at the each end of the Eurotunnel (will accept towns). Cheriton (near Folkestone) and Coquelles (near Calais)
5. Which Canadian singer had a 2004 top 5 UK hit with My Happy Ending.
6. In what year did Prince Charles & Princess Diana divorce. 1996
7. The End OF The Affair is a 1951 novel by which author. Graham Greene
8. On what day in 1945 did the Germans surrender, ending World War 2, now known as VE day. 8th May
9. Which 3 letter word placed at the end of each of these three words to make three new words. Leg, Imp, Off. End
10. What is the last word in the Bible. Amen

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 29 Oct 2014, 1:43 pm

Canadian Singer - Bryan Adams, Alanins Morrisette or Celine Dion.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 29 Oct 2014, 1:45 pm

Nah, canadian singer is the midget who wears shorts and has a skateboard. what's her name.... Avril Lavigne

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 29 Oct 2014, 1:47 pm

ha, got that without googling. remember because my crazy cop ex-girlfriend had bottled me in the club and moved out of my house (after only moving in 3 days earlier). Good song to be miserable to.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 29 Oct 2014, 1:51 pm

I think 3 is a trick question. i believe woolworths employees bought one of the stores and rights to trade with its name? west country?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 29 Oct 2014, 1:55 pm

Songs and artists will give you the link and the song for No. 5

1. And sitting late at night he doesn't make a sound, just adding to the wrinkles on his deathly frown

2. I've had my fun and now it's time to serve your conscience overseas, Coming in fast, over me.

3. Your skin, Oh yeah your skin and bones, Turn into
Something beautiful,

4. I went to a shrink to analyze my dreams. She says it's lack of sex that's bringing me down.

5. New Order - *************

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 29 Oct 2014, 2:02 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Nah, canadian singer is the midget who wears shorts and has a skateboard. what's her name.... Avril Lavigne

Correct

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 29 Oct 2014, 2:03 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I think 3 is a trick question. i believe woolworths employees bought one of the stores and rights to trade with its name? west country?

don't know about that - it was 2009 (January).

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 29 Oct 2014, 2:09 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I think 3 is a trick question. i believe woolworths employees bought one of the stores and rights to trade with its name? west country?

don't know about that - it was 2009 (January).

I think they changed the name slightly when they did (something like Wentworths) so I guess you are both right. WEll Julius was right but sean was right in so far as the staff did buy one of the shops.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 29 Oct 2014, 2:11 pm

1 is Old Red Eyes is Back by the Beautiful South
2 is REM Orange Crush
3 Coldplay Yellow
4 Green Day Basket Case
5 Blue Monday

Colour

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 29 Oct 2014, 2:13 pm

Rowley wrote:1 is Old Red Eyes is Back by the Beautiful South
2 is REM Orange Crush
3 Coldplay Yellow
4 Green Day Basket Case
5 Blue Monday

Colour

Incorrect (because you were so quick). The link is consecutive colours of the rainbow.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 29 Oct 2014, 2:37 pm

I bought a black guitar pick the other day. Which was odd because I thought there were 7 colours in the plectrum.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 29 Oct 2014, 2:41 pm

Reminds me of the agnostic, dyslexic insomnian Jules, lay awake all night wondering if dog existed.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 29 Oct 2014, 2:46 pm

I know a man with a narcissistic, schitzophrenic guilt complex.  Stands for hours in front of the mirror saying "that's the man officer"

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 29 Oct 2014, 3:04 pm

I know a man with seagulls on his head. Cliff......

Sorry, not very witty in comparison.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 29 Oct 2014, 3:13 pm

Whats the first rule of chinese whispers club?

There is no tiny whiskers club.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Oct 2014, 3:46 pm

Dyslexic friend of mine choked to death on his own vimto

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 29 Oct 2014, 4:49 pm

Knew a guy without a spade on his head.

Douglas.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 29 Oct 2014, 5:35 pm

Met a Chinese girl at a party. Asked for her room number, and she yelled out "sex sex want tonight". You can imagine my dismay when her friend told me she said 66129.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 29 Oct 2014, 5:39 pm

Union Cane wrote:Knew a guy without a spade on his head.

Douglas.

Knew a starship captain without a spade on his head.

Kirk Douglas

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 29 Oct 2014, 5:43 pm

Knew a man who was the victim of a revenge attack by sheep.

Sean.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 29 Oct 2014, 5:44 pm

Shah, how are you? We were worried you had been caught.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 29 Oct 2014, 5:48 pm

Not bad mate. Have retired from terrorist activities only thing i have to worry about now is getting caught ogling my sister in law. Proper northern bird, fat squishy and cooks like a expert. Sadly i got the one that's fat squishy and fat again. Bitch.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 29 Oct 2014, 5:51 pm

How about you?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 29 Oct 2014, 6:44 pm

Hi shah. Can i have my fertilizer bags back? Looked at the environment agency website and there's definitely no flood threat.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 29 Oct 2014, 6:50 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Hi shah. Can i have my fertilizer bags back? Looked at the environment agency website and there's definitely no flood threat.

Its not worth the effort in hauling it back. Just keep posting for a day and you'll have replaced it without much difficulty.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 29 Oct 2014, 7:40 pm

I never for one second thought you were dead Shah. Or an ISIS member secretly held by the US government
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 29 Oct 2014, 7:50 pm

kingraf wrote:I never for one second thought you were dead Shah. Or an ISIS member secretly held by the US government

Sadly that just makes you the naivest poster in this never ending thread.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 29 Oct 2014, 8:16 pm

Agreed shah, raf will be saying next he does not think anything happened to sean at school.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 29 Oct 2014, 8:24 pm

Rowley wrote:Agreed shah, raf will be saying next he does not think anything happened to sean at school.

Thats not quite the same is it Jeff? - the former is an indication of being young and ignorant - this is sound practice under instruction from his defense counsel.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 30 Oct 2014, 1:10 am

Y'all doing ok today?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 30 Oct 2014, 1:17 am

Big G has some mighty big news, mighty big news.

Seems there's a palm pit viper named after Jeff!   Yessiree, goddamn Rowley's got his name in snake form.

Not only that but Big G's gone and bought two pairs of boots with his folding money. None of this Hitec crap you buy in them weak-minded locations like Missouri and West Virginia and England but real boots.

Would sure love to stay and shoot the breeze but I'm off to shoot me some Mexicans instead.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 30 Oct 2014, 1:19 am

Y'all be good now ya hear? If Big G hears that any of ya's been behavin' like wild injuns then Big G's gonna come alookin' for ya.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 30 Oct 2014, 8:36 am

Fist

Crap on here today.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 30 Oct 2014, 9:21 am

Is Galted in India?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 30 Oct 2014, 9:49 am

Maybe sean

Morning by the way, see Shah has returned from his backpacking holiday. Jeff is electioneering in the Rochdale nonce elections, where is everyone else?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 30 Oct 2014, 9:50 am

I've been spending my time trying to work out how to get 'otiose' into a post.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 30 Oct 2014, 9:52 am

not sure. i'm livid this morning. went out for a curry and got the last train home. stayed sober so i could drive from the station. train arrived at the station but the phucking doors wouldn't open. ended up stopping 3 stations down the line with a £20 taxi fare.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 30 Oct 2014, 9:53 am

Jules wrote:I've been spending my time trying to work out how to get 'otiose' into a post.

I think that if you did then your efforts would be rather otiose.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 30 Oct 2014, 9:55 am

sean wrote:not sure. i'm livid this morning. went out for a curry and got the last train home. stayed sober so i could drive from the station. train arrived at the station but the phucking doors wouldn't open. ended up stopping 3 stations down the line with a £20 taxi fare.

Jump on the claim bandwagon sean, write a stongly worded letter explaining the issue and see if you can get your cash back...

Though the moral seems to be, just get drunk anyway...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next