The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wlad vs. Pulev: does anyone care?

+15
milkyboy
Fernando
rob-glos
monty junior
Dipper Brown
rycoys
Rowley
AlexHuckerby
Bellz84
kingraf
3fingers
AdamT
lfc91
wheelchair1991
All Time Great
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wlad vs. Pulev: does anyone care? - Page 2 Empty Wlad vs. Pulev: does anyone care?

Post by All Time Great Sat 15 Nov 2014, 6:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Probably Wlad's most challenging fight since David Haye however, there's been little to no interst in this matchup at all (unless you're Shannon "the canon" Briggs"!).

Does anyone out there care? If so, it's live on Euorsport 2 coverage begins at 8pm.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Wlad vs. Pulev: does anyone care? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wlad vs. Pulev: does anyone care?

Post by rob-glos Sat 15 Nov 2014, 10:54 pm

Sudden finish to the Macklin fight and I don't see him fighting again, there was nothing left.

Eddie's Irish adventure looks to have gone jubblies up...
Quite a poor show on sky. 
Crolla fight was awful. 
Yafai was steady but unspectacular. 
Spike O'Sullivan fight was exciting for both minutes 
John Joe Nevin in a total mismatch 
Macklin fight a big anticlimax.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Wlad vs. Pulev: does anyone care? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wlad vs. Pulev: does anyone care?

Post by milkyboy Sat 15 Nov 2014, 10:56 pm

To be fair Adam, I'm pretty good, but I don't always get it down to the minute Whistle

I thought he was sliding to a points defeat.. And bang. Shame I like macklin, but he looked an old man tonight.

Honest appraisal for him too.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 15 Nov 2014, 11:06 pm

GGG finished him off mentally. Hard for a proud fighter to come back from a humiliating beat down.

When a fighter loses a close fight or gets beat with a big punch they can convince themselves they can come again. Though when they are completely out classed like Hatton was against Mayweather, it leaves huge mental scars.

Macklins been in a lot of tough fights and it has caught up with him. He is finished, too bad he couldn't go out on a better note.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 15 Nov 2014, 11:11 pm

Unfortunately, Not many fighters go out on a good note.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 15 Nov 2014, 11:15 pm

That was the best Wlad performance I have seen in years, maybe ever. Pulev was as game as they come and he suffered for it, but fair play to Wlad, who was getting given some of his own medicine in terms of fouling. He gave us a spectacular KO, too. Enjoyed that.

Macklin is done. He has been fading for a few fights now and that was the end result. He's been good to watch so can't complain. But that was a fairly comprehensive defeat. Shame he never fought his British/Irish rivals when he had the chance, but that's boxing. I would like it if Eddie Hearn could get back to Ireland. the atmosphere there is second to none.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 15 Nov 2014, 11:24 pm

Another useless chump bites the dust and when you have someone to tee off on it's easy to throw a left hook.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 16 Nov 2014, 7:39 am

Klitshko fought like the heavyweight champion of the world last night (for the first time). Maybe there's hope for him yet?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:42 am

If he fought like that more often he would gain fans. Heavyweight champion of the world knocks guys out.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2