The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleverly, change of gyms?

+5
HumanWindmill
Daz
TRUSSMAN66
Scottrf
Day V Lately
9 posters

Go down

Cleverly, change of gyms? Empty Cleverly, change of gyms?

Post by Day V Lately Thu 26 May 2011, 1:45 pm

Afternoon people, after a few days offline to revise for a big exam yesterday, and also to recover from the depression of having a treble of Gavin on points, Degale on points and Bhop on points at 53/1 £20!!!!!!, I though i'd post my thoughts on Cleverly's tactics, or lack of.

Is anyone else becoming worried that Clev is going to let all his talent go to waste, he's clearly got great natural attributes, but continues to fight in a reckless manner, in fact the only thing thats probably stopped him slipping up already is his chin. He continues to dive in getting caught by average opponents, all he has to do is be patient, step off and box these guys. He's got good reach, quick hands and a terrific engine, leave the macho alone for a bit and make the most of his ability.

He's trained by his Dad amongst others, an no question they get him in great shape, but there appears to be no plan at all, granted its hard to plan for last minute replacements, but still his intsructions appear to be, go out there and fight. If he does get a fight with Bhop, he better have a plan! So is Clev in his current gym operating in quite an amateurish manner, while he's approaching world level, does he need to join a more professional outfit?

Day V Lately

Back to top Go down

Cleverly, change of gyms? Empty Re: Cleverly, change of gyms?

Post by Scottrf Thu 26 May 2011, 1:48 pm

Wow, closest possible win away from a grand.

You could be right. Last two probably get blamed on last minute replacements, but he should have made it easier against the slideshow boxer Murat, as entertaining as he made it.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 May 2011, 1:52 pm

How do you think you got on in your exam...

As for Clev maybe a better brand of opponent gets the best out of him....

Rodrigues kept hitting Curry.....Vito got through against Hagler...

Sometimes a lacklustre average opponent can bring you down to their level or alternatively he just might not be as good as you think..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Day V Lately Thu 26 May 2011, 1:56 pm

Its was a one on one with assessor Truss, so hes asked me to come back brushed up on a few reg's, no drama really, thanks for asking.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, with the opponent problems he's had, just think this kid is way too talented to fight in that way, and a move to a more established gym could do him some good.

yeh Scott, that point really hurt me!

Day V Lately

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu 26 May 2011, 2:25 pm

Who did you bet through mate?

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 May 2011, 2:28 pm

Ever thought of bribing your assessor?????

Save you studying up and losing quality time....

Try stroking his leg next time you have a one on one...and let us know how you get on!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 26 May 2011, 2:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Try stroking his leg next time you have a one on one...and let us know how you get on!!!

The cuddly stuff didn't work for Akinwande against Lewis in their one on one.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 May 2011, 2:33 pm

Really I thought Lewis got down on one knee in one of the rounds Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 26 May 2011, 2:37 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Really I thought Lewis got down on one knee in one of the rounds Wink

Pure temptation, and merely temporary.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Day V Lately Thu 26 May 2011, 10:39 pm

Turned out we used to box at the same club Truss, so I think if rumour of my antics got back to the lads it would make things tricky for me!!

Daz, it was with betfred, is there someone loophole there were I can turn it into a double or something?

Day V Lately

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 26 May 2011, 10:48 pm

He's trained by his Dad amongst others, an no question they get him in great shape, but there appears to be no plan at all, granted its hard to plan for last minute replacements, but still his intsructions appear to be, go out there and fight. If he does get a fight with Bhop, he better have a plan! So is Clev in his current gym operating in quite an amateurish manner, while he's approaching world level, does he need to join a more professional outfit?
Nah, i'd stay with Vince and his other coach who has improved his power. It isn't broke, lets be honest, so he shouldn't fix it. He's twice the fighter he was with Enzo, and that's not just down to age

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Day V Lately Fri 27 May 2011, 1:19 am

He's making some fairly obvious errors at the minute though Steven, I wouldnt say its broke, but it certainly needs fine tuning, not sure he's at the right place to do it. They do get him in great shape though.

Day V Lately

Back to top Go down

Post by Philys Fri 27 May 2011, 10:33 pm

Weren't Cleverleys last 2 opponents changed at the last minute if my memory serves me right? Cant be easy training for a specific fight then it changed last min, and this time it was changed twice in 24 hrs.

Philys

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 27 May 2011, 10:36 pm

He's making some fairly obvious errors at the minute though Steven, I wouldnt say its broke, but it certainly needs fine tuning, not sure he's at the right place to do it. They do get him in great shape though.
He's a quality fighter and very good to watch, has brilliant speed and good skills that he probably should use a bit more, but his work rate and entertainment are brill, he's always been a favourite of mine so maybe i just like Vince, but i wouldn't change trainers.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Snakeyman123 Sun 29 May 2011, 12:19 pm

Day V Lately wrote:Turned out we used to box at the same club Truss, so I think if rumour of my antics got back to the lads it would make things tricky for me!!

Daz, it was with betfred, is there someone loophole there were I can turn it into a double or something?

If you have a treble and have won the first couple of legs you can lay (bet against) the third pick on betfair guaranteeing profit

Snakeyman123

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 29 May 2011, 1:37 pm

I think a change of trainer might be needed for Clev his last 3 performances haven't been the performances of a World Champion. Unless his Dad can improve him and set out a game plan that Nathan can stick to he might need to changer trainer.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down