The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

+28
FedsFan
HM Murdock
coolpixel
LuvSports!
bogbrush
greengoblin
CAS
Matchpoint
Haddie-nuff
Born Slippy
MrInvisible
biugo
summerblues
TRuffin
hawkeye
sirfredperry
laverfan
Jahu
temporary21
It Must Be Love
whocares
Henman Bill
The Special Juan
Silver
Josiah Maiestas
kingraf
Mad for Chelsea
banbrotam
32 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by laverfan Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

SUI and FRA contest the final in a few days.

http://www.daviscup.com/en/draws-results/tie/details.aspx?tieId=100021090

SUI has two players coming out of WTF, while FRA has depth in numbers.

SUI may never be at this point in the near future and can make the best of the presented opportunity. Federer and Wawrinka would like to add this to their CV, if they can. They will rue the opportunity that Lady Luck has thrown their way.

FRA is the last hurdle, and have some good players, a home court advantage and a surface that may favor them more the the SUI. H2Hs may be meaningless in such a contest given that any of the players on one side can beat players on the other side of the net.

ARG v ESP turned out to be an excellent DC final, with DelPotro, Monaco, Nalbandian trying their best to get the better of the other side.

Will this final live up to its billing?

laverfan
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 11252
Join date : 2011-04-07
Location : NoVA, USoA

Back to top Go down


DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by CAS Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:16 pm

I think even julien benneteau wouldn't be a terrible choice against Federer, he isn't afraid of the big stage and isn't afraid of Roger as he's shown many times

CAS

Posts : 1313
Join date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:23 pm

Silver wrote:Kingraf: I'd be tempted to go with Simon. Gets a lot back, could make Federer run and run and run and run until his back literally explodes on court.

HN, did you agree with TSJ?

I love the way TSJ says it and I get the flack for agreeing. Headscratch  but I confess I never saw the preliminary rounds of the DC .I was applauding Stan for today's performance and that is what I thought he meant. And I do think Stan was the better player today

Haddie-nuff

Posts : 6936
Join date : 2011-02-27
Location : Returned to Spain

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by The Special Juan Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:24 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:
Silver wrote:Kingraf: I'd be tempted to go with Simon. Gets a lot back, could make Federer run and run and run and run until his back literally explodes on court.

HN, did you agree with TSJ?

I love the way TSJ says it and I get the flack for agreeing. Headscratch  but I confess I never saw the preliminary rounds of the DC .I was applauding Stan for today's performance and that is what I thought he meant. And I do think Stan was the better player today

Sorry (I did mean to say he's player of the final)
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Posts : 20900
Join date : 2011-02-14
Location : Twatt

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:29 pm

The Special Juan wrote:
Haddie-nuff wrote:
Silver wrote:Kingraf: I'd be tempted to go with Simon. Gets a lot back, could make Federer run and run and run and run until his back literally explodes on court.

HN, did you agree with TSJ?

I love the way TSJ says it and I get the flack for agreeing. Headscratch  but I confess I never saw the preliminary rounds of the DC .I was applauding Stan for today's performance and that is what I thought he meant. And I do think Stan was the better player today

Sorry  (I did mean to say he's player of the final)

Never mind TSJ whilst they are having a go at me they are leaving somebody else alone... Whistle

Haddie-nuff

Posts : 6936
Join date : 2011-02-27
Location : Returned to Spain

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by temporary21 Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:31 pm

No ones going to be having a go at anyone. Now then who do France play tomorrow ?

temporary21

Posts : 5092
Join date : 2014-09-07

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:33 pm

temporary21 wrote:No ones going to be having a go at anyone. Now then who do France play tomorrow ?

Surely it must be Montfils and Tsonga no?? But who is playing first in the Swiss side do we know??

Haddie-nuff

Posts : 6936
Join date : 2011-02-27
Location : Returned to Spain

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by temporary21 Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:38 pm

It's federer Tsonga scheduled first

temporary21

Posts : 5092
Join date : 2014-09-07

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Jahu Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:40 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:
temporary21 wrote:No ones going to be having a go at anyone. Now then who do France play tomorrow ?

Surely it must be Montfils and Tsonga  no??

So Nadal, no? Laugh Training his speach infront of a mirror daily?
Jahu
Jahu

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2011-03-29
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:41 pm

Could be interesting then.. if Tsonga plays his "A" game and not get a choke on...then its possible..leaving it all down to Montfils/Stan??? chin

Haddie-nuff

Posts : 6936
Join date : 2011-02-27
Location : Returned to Spain

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Silver Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:43 pm

Not having a go, Haddie! You know me Hug just askin'.

If it goes down to Monfils - Stan we could be in for an absolute barnstormer Smile

Silver

Posts : 1813
Join date : 2011-02-06

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:43 pm

Jahu wrote:
Haddie-nuff wrote:
temporary21 wrote:No ones going to be having a go at anyone. Now then who do France play tomorrow ?

Surely it must be Montfils and Tsonga  no??

So Nadal, no? Laugh Training his speach infront of a mirror daily?

I wish we had a "shaking head" smiley but we havent.. so Doh will have to do Rolling Eyes

Haddie-nuff

Posts : 6936
Join date : 2011-02-27
Location : Returned to Spain

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by kingraf Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:46 pm

It's gonna be a raucous crowd. If they get behind Tsonga (who they don't seem to love as much as Jimi Hendrix) early, he could feed off them, and build momentum. He does that, I don't think Federer has a chance.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16596
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 29
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by The Special Juan Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:46 pm

What are the odds of Monfils playing two good matches in a row? Then again, this is the type of environment he'd do it in... I think Federer will win tomorrow anyway. I agree with (KR?) earlier - Tsonga wouldn't have withdrawn from today's match unless there was a good reason for it.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Posts : 20900
Join date : 2011-02-14
Location : Twatt

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:47 pm

Silver wrote:Not having a go, Haddie! You know me Hug  just askin'.

If it goes down to Monfils - Stan we could be in for an absolute barnstormer Smile

I know Silver I didn't think you were.. Hug

Yes with RESPECT FED  !!!!!!!! Yahoo ...... I would love to see it go to the bitter end.. that would be a great game if Montfils plays like he has been

Haddie-nuff

Posts : 6936
Join date : 2011-02-27
Location : Returned to Spain

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:49 pm

The Special Juan wrote:What are the odds of Monfils playing two good matches in a row?  Then again, this is the type of environment he'd do it in...  I think Federer will win tomorrow anyway.  I agree with (KR?) earlier - Tsonga wouldn't have withdrawn from today's match unless there was a good reason for it.

Its possible because the coach has been keeping him on a short leash so it is said.. leave Gael to his own devices and he is another Donut Dave apparently. He says himself that is what he needs to play well. I think that win against Fed will boost his confidence... I hope we see that match should be a humdinger

Haddie-nuff

Posts : 6936
Join date : 2011-02-27
Location : Returned to Spain

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Jahu Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:54 pm

HN, any good?

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 2dwhgll
Jahu
Jahu

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2011-03-29
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Guest Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:01 pm

Simon has to start tomorrow against Fed. He'll be fresh and hopefully unaffected by the shenanigans that occurred with the doubles.

Leave Tsonga out.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by The Special Juan Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:10 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:What are the odds of Monfils playing two good matches in a row?  Then again, this is the type of environment he'd do it in...  I think Federer will win tomorrow anyway.  I agree with (KR?) earlier - Tsonga wouldn't have withdrawn from today's match unless there was a good reason for it.

Its possible because the coach has been keeping him on a short leash so it is said.. leave Gael to his own devices and he is another Donut Dave apparently.  He says himself that is what he needs to play well.  I think that win against Fed will boost his confidence... I hope we see that match should be a humdinger

I hope they stick that one on first but I think the schedule has Federer on first. I too want to see it.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Posts : 20900
Join date : 2011-02-14
Location : Twatt

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:16 pm

Jahu wrote:HN, any good?

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 2dwhgll


You are a cheeky little beggar .. it will do.. best with the eye roll though (especially for you !!!! Rolling Eyes )

You do make me laugh though Jahu

Haddie-nuff

Posts : 6936
Join date : 2011-02-27
Location : Returned to Spain

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by laverfan Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:28 pm

IMHO, my prediction of the decision being made in R4 stands. R5 is more than likely a dead one. Whether it is Simon or Tsonga, Clement's decision to play Gasquet was a really bad one. I expected ERV/Benneteau to show up. They have been playing fantastic doubles.

I would love to see Nadal be present in Lille to applaud the SUI, if they win it.


Last edited by laverfan on Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit for Typo.)

laverfan
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 11252
Join date : 2011-04-07
Location : NoVA, USoA

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by It Must Be Love Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:32 pm

Jahu wrote:
Haddie-nuff wrote:
temporary21 wrote:No ones going to be having a go at anyone. Now then who do France play tomorrow ?

Surely it must be Montfils and Tsonga  no??

So Nadal, no? Laugh Training his speach infront of a mirror daily?
I turned up today to my tennis club with a Nike bandana on with Nadal's Nike gear, good fun.

It Must Be Love

Posts : 2691
Join date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Jahu Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:34 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:
Jahu wrote:
Haddie-nuff wrote:
temporary21 wrote:No ones going to be having a go at anyone. Now then who do France play tomorrow ?

Surely it must be Montfils and Tsonga  no??

So Nadal, no? Laugh Training his speach infront of a mirror daily?
I turned up today to my tennis club with a Nike bandana on with Nadal's Nike gear, good fun.

Come on, the only club you ever been is a Night Club laughing

How was it, for playing or just showing off your Nadal gear?
Jahu
Jahu

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2011-03-29
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:34 pm

Ahh  but was you playing with a Babolat or a Wilson ?????

Haddie-nuff

Posts : 6936
Join date : 2011-02-27
Location : Returned to Spain

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Jahu Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:37 pm

Probably a no-name one, like Baghdatis, hope he did not break 4 in 1 go Laugh
Jahu
Jahu

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2011-03-29
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by It Must Be Love Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Jahu wrote:

How was it, for playing or just showing off your Nadal gear?
Good for both Wink
I had to keep retightening the bandana though every 10 minutes.

It Must Be Love

Posts : 2691
Join date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by It Must Be Love Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:40 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:Ahh  but was you playing with a Babolat or a Wilson ?????
Babolat of course, can't go near Wilson's DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 4278589029

It Must Be Love

Posts : 2691
Join date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:42 pm

Now you will really impress me if you tell me you are LH and have a watch like his.. laughing

Haddie-nuff

Posts : 6936
Join date : 2011-02-27
Location : Returned to Spain

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Jahu Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:44 pm

IMBL, don't do it, don't take the canadian bait.
Jahu
Jahu

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2011-03-29
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by It Must Be Love Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:45 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:Now you will really impress me if you tell me you are LH and have a watch like his.. laughing
Nope I'm right handed, and I hate wearing a watch while playing tennis for some reason

It Must Be Love

Posts : 2691
Join date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Jahu Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:49 pm

IMBL, are you spanish?
Jahu
Jahu

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2011-03-29
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Guest Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:03 pm

laverfan wrote:IMHO, my prediction of the decision being made in R4 stands. R5 is more than likely a dead one. Wether it is Simon or Tsonga, Clement's decision to play Gasquet was a really bad one. I expected ERV/Benneteau to show up. They have been playing fantastic doubles.

I would love to see Nadal be present in Lille to applaud the SUI, if they win it.

I think EVG might have made the difference.

I was surprised by the defensive nature taken by both teams on receiving of the first serve. It was frustrating. Just one of them at the net on the first serve would've put some pressure on the server.

The Gasquet/Benneteau dynamic was strange. Didn't look like there was any trust or confidence in each other. It was uncomfortable viewing.

Federer/Wawrinka the complete opposite. Was a remarkable performance.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by laverfan Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:06 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:
Haddie-nuff wrote:Ahh  but was you playing with a Babolat or a Wilson ?????
Babolat of course, can't go near Wilson's DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 4278589029

You are missing a lot. Wink Ask Del Potro.

laverfan
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 11252
Join date : 2011-04-07
Location : NoVA, USoA

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by laverfan Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:18 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:I was surprised by the defensive nature taken by both teams on receiving of the first serve. It was frustrating. Just one of them at the net on the first serve would've put some pressure on the server.

Wawrinka serving at 230k and Bennteau body serves were pretty good though. FRA just gave up in the third set, rather than fight back. They could have tried to push for a fourth set, but instead just hung their shoulders. Federer is still not 100%, but he pushed/willed himself. Tomorrow promises to be very interesting. Luthi's gamble paid off, but the price will be clear tomorrow.

laverfan
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 11252
Join date : 2011-04-07
Location : NoVA, USoA

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by laverfan Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:23 pm

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Tf24lSw

A picture is worth a thousand words.

The victory also ended a run of four losses for the pair together in Davis Cup, and marked their first match win on clay.
Read more at http://www.daviscup.com/en/news/191476.aspx#VBYAie1x2XMUxZv1.99

laverfan
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 11252
Join date : 2011-04-07
Location : NoVA, USoA

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Guest Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:25 pm

laverfan wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:I was surprised by the defensive nature taken by both teams on receiving of the first serve. It was frustrating. Just one of them at the net on the first serve would've put some pressure on the server.

Wawrinka serving at 230k and Bennteau body serves were pretty good though. FRA just gave up in the third set, rather than fight back. They could have tried to push for a fourth set, but instead just hung their shoulders. Federer is still not 100%, but he pushed/willed himself. Tomorrow promises to be very interesting. Luthi's gamble paid off, but the price will be clear tomorrow.

I felt Federer was the much better server. What I didn't get was why the players didn't occupy the net on the first serve. I feel it adds pressure.

The French were out of ideas after 2nd set. I'll give Benny his due and he did try and push the issue. Gasquet just typical slumped shoulders once he lost serve in the first.

It was a gamble by Luthi. I bet he didn't foresee being back in the locker room just shy over 2 hours. It was best outcome possible. I don't see Tsonga taking down Federer. The fact he stepped aside today shows mentally he isn't feeling it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Guest Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:26 pm

laverfan wrote:DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Tf24lSw

A picture is worth a thousand words.

The victory also ended a run of four losses for the pair together in Davis Cup, and marked their first match win on clay.
Read more at http://www.daviscup.com/en/news/191476.aspx#VBYAie1x2XMUxZv1.99

I bet Stan is whispering "I still hate your wife!" Laugh

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Henman Bill Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:44 pm

I thought the French prepared well and were up for it, but, unfortunately, the Swiss players are just a little bit better standard. Wonder if it's a bit galling for Gasquet and Tsonga to see Warwinka step it up the way they haven't, and become a better player than they are.

Henman Bill

Posts : 5258
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Guest Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:54 pm

They prepared well?

The double pairing for the French didn't even practice together!!


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by laverfan Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:58 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:They prepared well?

The double pairing for the French didn't even practice together!!


They had more time in Lille. Clement could have asked ERV/Benneteau to play against Tsonga/Gasquet before putting Gasquet in. (And Clement/Llodra used to be excellent doubles players).

Gasquet's five set record has some high-brow loses from being two-sets up.

laverfan
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 11252
Join date : 2011-04-07
Location : NoVA, USoA

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Guest Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:02 pm

laverfan wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:They prepared well?

The double pairing for the French didn't even practice together!!


They had more time in Lille. Clement could have asked ERV/Benneteau to play against Tsonga/Gasquet before putting Gasquet in. (And Clement/Llodra used to be excellent doubles players).

Gasquet's five set record has some high-brow loses from being two-sets up.

Well it makes Clements decision the more startling. Going with a pairing that didn't practice together? Headscratch

They may have had more time, but it doesn't like time well spent.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Jahu Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:11 pm

Will wifes have tea and Milkas together now? Laugh
Jahu
Jahu

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2011-03-29
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by It Must Be Love Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:59 pm

Jahu wrote:IMBL, are you spanish?
No, habito en Inglaterra et je suis né en Angleterre aussi Wink
(Also if you check my threads created on my page, I wrote a bit on my 'message from IMBL' thread.)

laverfan wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:
Haddie-nuff wrote:Ahh  but was you playing with a Babolat or a Wilson ?????
Babolat of course, can't go near Wilson's DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 4278589029

You are missing a lot. Wink Ask Del Potro.
I'm happy with my Babolat at this moment in time OK

It Must Be Love

Posts : 2691
Join date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Jahu Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:45 pm

Oh yeah, you and the Nadal Live summer tour you had, I remember you Wink

You a freshman at Uni this year then?
Jahu
Jahu

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2011-03-29
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by It Must Be Love Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:56 pm

Believe so Wink

It Must Be Love

Posts : 2691
Join date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by It Must Be Love Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:56 pm

Odds say both Federer and Stan favourite for their matches tomorrow, France a longshot now.

It Must Be Love

Posts : 2691
Join date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Jahu Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:00 am

Will be, will be!!

Good luck with Uni zen
Jahu
Jahu

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2011-03-29
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by laverfan Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:08 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:Well it makes Clements decision the more startling. Going with a pairing that didn't practice together? Headscratch

They may have had more time, but it doesn't like time well spent.

I quite agree. The surprising part to me is this. Yesterday Clement motivated Monfils to blast Federer out of the water, but today he failed to make a dent in Gasquet's demeanor. The FRA team was staving the inevitable in the third set.

Luthi's brilliant decision to have Bryans' Doubles coach, Douglas MacPherson advice Fedrinka may be one to remember for a long time to come (The Swiss looked ever more comfortable, benefiting from Swiss captain Luthi’s decision to hire David Macpherson, coach of doubles world No. 1 Bob and Mike Bryan, as a consultant to the team for the tie.
Read more at http://www.daviscup.com/en/news/191476.aspx#OT2Rukjii9BLrzb4.99
).

Bodo also mentions this, a bit too lyrically for me, though. The outcome tomorrow will add to hindsight.

laverfan
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 11252
Join date : 2011-04-07
Location : NoVA, USoA

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Guest Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:16 am

laverfan wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:Well it makes Clements decision the more startling. Going with a pairing that didn't practice together? Headscratch

They may have had more time, but it doesn't like time well spent.

I quite agree. The surprising part to me is this. Yesterday Clement motivated Monfils to blast Federer out of the water, but today he failed to make a dent in Gasquet's demeanor. The FRA team was staving the inevitable in the third set.

Luthi's brilliant decision to have Bryans' Doubles coach, Douglas MacPherson advice Fedrinka may be one to remember for a long time to come (The Swiss looked ever more comfortable, benefiting from Swiss captain Luthi’s decision to hire David Macpherson, coach of doubles world No. 1 Bob and Mike Bryan, as a consultant to the team for the tie.
Read more at http://www.daviscup.com/en/news/191476.aspx#OT2Rukjii9BLrzb4.99
).

Bodo also mentions this, a bit too lyrically for me, though. The outcome tomorrow will add to hindsight.

Well you have to say that is a master stroke from Luthi. Shows how prepared he really is.

Not sure why there was persistence with Gasquet to feature in the doubles. Bizarre.

Clement I am sure wishes he had sunglasses to hide behind.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by bogbrush Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:59 am

Not since these days have we seen a Davis Cup Captain like Luthi.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=john+lloyd+davis+cup+captain+images&facrc=_
bogbrush
bogbrush

Posts : 11169
Join date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Guest Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:43 am

John Lloyd was brilliant.

It was amusing when he got burnt by Murray that all the praise heaped on his career vanished overnight Laugh

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: DC 2014 Final - 21-23 Nov 2014

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum