The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury vs Chisora - who wins

+28
Fernando
OasisBFC
theanimal316
Rodney
rycoys
TopHat24/7
trottb
milkyboy
Seanusarrilius
Rowley
Strongback
ONETWOFOREVER
Coxy001
88Chris05
rapidringsroad
Qoxiivi
hogey
DuransHorse
Marlonz
spencerclarke
Steffan
catchweight
Hammersmith harrier
hayemaker
AdamT
Mr Bounce
TRUSSMAN66
Adam D
32 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who wins?

Fury vs Chisora - who wins Vote_lcap26%Fury vs Chisora - who wins Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 10 ]
Fury vs Chisora - who wins Vote_lcap39%Fury vs Chisora - who wins Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 15 ]
Fury vs Chisora - who wins Vote_lcap26%Fury vs Chisora - who wins Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 10 ]
Fury vs Chisora - who wins Vote_lcap8%Fury vs Chisora - who wins Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
Fury vs Chisora - who wins Vote_lcap0%Fury vs Chisora - who wins Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 38

Fury vs Chisora - who wins Empty Fury vs Chisora - who wins

Post by Adam D Wed 26 Nov 2014, 5:22 pm

Only a few days to go and hardly any coverage of this fight.

I know most think its garbage but I am genuinely looking forward to it.

So lets see what the v2ers think is going to happen:

Fury win by KO
Fury win by Points
Chisora win by KO
Chisora win by Points
Draw

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Chisora - who wins Empty Re: Fury vs Chisora - who wins

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Nov 2014, 5:28 pm

Boxing is the winner..... Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Nov 2014, 5:29 pm

ISIS...as they see that, along with Louis Walsh, there are plenty of reasons to continue their campaign to obliterate the Western way of life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 26 Nov 2014, 5:30 pm

I know it's two well-rated British heavies but I genuinely don't care. I think Fury is an over-rated lump of lard with no chin and Chisora is a plodder who has reached his "pinnacle".

Would like to see Fury fall over though - that's always funny.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 26 Nov 2014, 7:43 pm

Fury ko in the 9th

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Wed 26 Nov 2014, 8:23 pm

If Chisora is in shape he KOs Fury. Fury is the biggest joke in boxing. Tries to talk his way into fights and disrespects everyone and is so delusional he thinks he is the best in the world. Total muppet.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 26 Nov 2014, 8:35 pm

Whilst I agree Fury is a muppet and seeing him retired to the scrapheap would be the best thing for British and world boxing it does appear that your description is apt for another British heavyweight.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 26 Nov 2014, 9:54 pm

I think it has the potential to be a good fight if both fighters show up properly for it. But the fight feels overcooked and flat despite the potential for a good fight. Hope it doesnt translate into flat performances.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 26 Nov 2014, 9:56 pm

Chisora will lose (again)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Wed 26 Nov 2014, 10:03 pm

Only way Chisora loses is if he doesnt train properly. The only time Chisora has been outclassed was against Haye who is so much better than Fury its actually funny. He gave Vitali Klitschko a good fight so a clown like Fury shouldnt trouble him if he is focussed and in good condition.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 26 Nov 2014, 10:23 pm

It wont be high in skill but probably will be in entertainment. Fury points for me after the odd knock down or two along the way.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlonz Wed 26 Nov 2014, 10:28 pm

Fury to win on points. I was never inspired by this match-up when intentions for the rematch to go ahead were first announced. Just seems pointless as Chisora has lost several fights since then and was KO'd badly by Haye. Also, Fury won a pretty clear decision the first time around, though he was rocked briefly from what I remember.

But I think Dereck blew it by not taking the fight seriously and coming in at least 25 pounds overweight. He's looked vulnerable since the KO to Haye. Granted, he's re-built his career a little though I'm still not convinced - beneath the busy, pressure style, he seems one decent punch away from going again or at least getting shaken up to the point that he hangs on in survival mode to lose a decision. Not a big fan of Fury though I think he takes it again.

Marlonz

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed 26 Nov 2014, 10:35 pm

Much like last weeks "mega fight", this one equally has the winner less than likely to conquer the world. That said I've gone for Chisora via KO. It would be better for British boxing if Fury won but the way I see it, every time Chisora mounted an attack in the first fight he seriously troubled Fury so if he can sustain that now he's actually in some form of shape I think there's a reasonable chance that he'll send Fury to the canvas as few times and eventually keep him there. Chisora isn't great but he's still by far the best Fury's faced, even as a fatty. Given how many mistakes Fury makes in fights I think Dellboy might well get through a lot during the fight and eventually stop him.

I predict Fury will also be in shape and have his moments but whilst I admire his fighting spirit and ability to get off the floor is doesn't disguise the fact any fighter aiming for the top of the division shouldn't be tasting the canvas so often in the first place.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 26 Nov 2014, 11:10 pm

Chisora is in the best shape i have ever seen him, Fury is bang in trouble this time.
Del Boy by stoppage inside of 6 rounds, this time when he hurts Fury (as he did several times as his Jabba the Hut alter ego of the previous fight) he will have the conditioning to press the attack and finish the job.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Qoxiivi Thu 27 Nov 2014, 12:03 am

Chisora by late KO.

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Thu 27 Nov 2014, 2:41 am

When I voted this morning the votes were one vote for each outcome bar a draw. My vote was for a knockout by Chisora. I'm not impressed by either fighter but feel Chisora has the better chance.It's a pity Fury never got to fight Haye but that would have been a short fight,shorter than the Harrison fiasco.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 27 Nov 2014, 9:16 am

If Fury maintains the right attitude and concentration throughout the fight then I think he'll win relatively comfortably. A lot gets made of Chisora's weight in the first fight, and I do agree that he's a better-conditioned and more professional fighter now, but Fury's improved a lot from a technical standpoint since that first fight, too.

Fury got wobbled a couple of times in the first fight but still managed to win about nine rounds, and unless he struggles with Chisora's power here I think he'll do likewise. Fury's obviously got a big advantage on the outside and has a pretty good jab, and he can fight on the inside as well, probably just as well as Chisora can. Don't think either man has any speed advantage really, and Fury's chin is harder to get to when he's boxing well. I'm struggling to see any real advantages for Del Boy here, unless as I said a minute ago his punch can upset Fury's whiskers which is admittedly a possibility, especially if Fury has one of his less than intelligent moments.

Points for Fury or maybe a stoppage somewhere past the seventh or eighth round.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:03 am

Chisora in shape knocks Fury out. And nothing would make me happier, not even Selena Gomez walking in to my office screaming "big boy take me now!!"

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:06 am

Hoping for a Chisora win (and by KO at that) but sadly, Chisora will simply bull forward telegraphing body punches, Fury will grab hold, lean on, tire him out and knock him down a few times by clubbing him on the back of the head before the ref either steps in or Fury wins by a lopsided pts win which bears no reality to what people will have watched. It will resemble a pub brawl but Fury will be convinced he's just put on the greatest display of HW boxing ever seen and bore the pants off everyone proclaiming himself ready to take over the World...whilst calling everyone b!tches and homosexuals to sound hard and clever.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:15 am

I would like Chisora to win tbh and I hope he drops Fury too but going by past fights I reckon Chisora too 1 dimensional and will just stumble forwards like he always does, with no imaginative punch selection. As for Fury I think he will do a Wlad and grab Chisora, push him to the ropes and then lean all over him in an attempt to get Chisora tired.

This fight will look like something you see down any high street on a Friday night. No skill will be involved but you can bet your bottom dollor that Fury will lap up all the praise and declare himself the greatest heavyweight and then go on to insult the likes of Wlad, Joshua, Price and co with his usael profanity laden traveller speech.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:23 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:I would like Chisora to win tbh and I hope he drops Fury too but going by past fights I reckon Chisora too 1 dimensional and will just stumble forwards like he always does, with no imaginative punch selection. As for Fury I think he will do a Wlad and grab Chisora, push him to the ropes and then lean all over him in an attempt to get Chisora tired.

This fight will look like something you see down any high street on a Friday night. No skill will be involved but you can bet your bottom dollor that Fury will lap up all the praise and declare himself the greatest heavyweight and then go on to insult the likes of Wlad, Joshua, Price and co with his usael profanity laden traveller speech.
YOU BORING LITTLE TROLL

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:25 am

I know you've had an accident Mate........

Just calm down a little....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:33 am

The guys an idiot or he is mentally sick.

Been over everything I have posted today. I write a thread and he claims he thought of it first???? What a tool.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:40 am

WHY HAS MY THREAD BEEN LOCKED?????

WHY HAS MY THREAD BEEN LOCKED????

Why do we have to suffer because of a certain member who can't act his age.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:41 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:The guys an idiot or he is mentally sick.

Been over everything I have posted today. I write a thread and he claims he thought of it first???? What a tool.

Well Foe him in then....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 27 Nov 2014, 11:27 am

I assume you are on about Dave? I had him stalking me as well and crawling over anything I wrote along with full on abuse 

I think the guy suffered some kind of mental trauma during childhood. Daddy didn't love him or something like that...

How he hasn't been banned is beyond me...but I guess the mods like the rest of us feel pity for him rather than hate

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 27 Nov 2014, 12:36 pm

They will both come to fight so I don't see a repeat of last weekend farce. Fury looks the better fighter of the two at this stage.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 27 Nov 2014, 12:39 pm

Steffan wrote:

I assume you are on about Dave? I had him stalking me as well and crawling over anything I wrote along with full on abuse 

I think the guy suffered some kind of mental trauma during childhood. Daddy didn't love him or something like that...

How he hasn't been banned is beyond me...but I guess the mods like the rest of us feel pity for him rather than hate

clap clap clap

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 27 Nov 2014, 12:40 pm

Discuss the topic rather than other members please. Don't want yet another thread getting locked.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 27 Nov 2014, 1:23 pm

Fury by late KO. I think Chisora is on the slide after some very difficult fights in his career. Fury will be rusty early, but should come on late.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 27 Nov 2014, 1:48 pm

What I want to know is If Fury keeps hitting himself with uppercuts.........Does it count for Chisora ??

If the answer is no ...Fury by decision............If Yes ..Chisora by split !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 27 Nov 2014, 1:58 pm

Captain Kirk wrote:Chisora in shape knocks Fury out. And nothing would make me happier, not even Selena Gomez walking in to my office screaming "big boy take me now!!"

Its momentary happiness though , followed by the humiliation, when she brushes you aside, and walks off with the tea boy.

On that basis fury getting knocked out is the clear winner.

I find myself not really caring about this. I'd almost forgotten it was the headline fight, Infact I'd almost forgotten it was happening at all. That said, both come to fight so should be entertaining.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu 27 Nov 2014, 2:26 pm

A lot is being made of the discipline shown by Fury during the Kingpin fight, possibly the only fight I think Fury hasn't put a foot wrong. Kingpin was slow and plodded forward without much ambition and was easily deterred. For a 6ft 9 guy with any form of jab that's just perfect, he never really had to "deal" with him as such. Lesser opponents than Kingpin have troubled and knocked Fury down just by having a go, I've no idea why he didn't have a go based on footage he must have seen before they fought.

I think Fury did a better job on Kingpin than Chsora did but Kingpin was given the opportunity to do some work against Chis. We all know Chisora provides a target that can easily be found, Chisora will never do a disciplined, defensive 12 rounds so all in all I thought he did as expected.

I don't think Chisora is great by any stretch, he's lost to anyone remotely close to top tier. However, to put it plainly, Fury struggles badly when someone gets past his jab and just swings. Chisora, if nothing else, does exactly this. It doesn’t matter if he telegraphs his shots, it should but it doesn’t, as history has shown us that against Fury a few will definitely connect. The chin of Chis is decent enough to take Fury’s power imo ( although I agree it's probably past it's prime given how many shots it's taken ) and he will keep walking him down, swinging, and wanting to fight... which is exactly where Fury shouldn’t go but will.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fury won, I would like him to win, I just don't have any faith in his chin. The pat on the back for showing heart from "getting up" has had it's day.

I think we are in for a good fight whoever wins.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Thu 27 Nov 2014, 8:34 pm

I cant believe so many people think Fury will win this. He is a total hype job with a big mouth. As much as I hope Chisora wins, in a way it would be good if Fury wins because can you imagine the demolition job Haye or Klitschko would do on him? I would pay to see that.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 27 Nov 2014, 9:15 pm

If you are David Haye have a word with Hampo...He'd love to have you on the podcast....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 27 Nov 2014, 9:48 pm

Does Fury really have a bad chin? Granted he has been down a few times, but I can't recall one fight when he has looked in trouble/unsteady after getting up.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:44 pm

trottb wrote:Does Fury really have a bad chin? Granted he has been down a few times, but I can't recall one fight when he has looked in trouble/unsteady after getting up.

I'd say it's not made of China but it isn't something he can afford to leave hanging either. Lets not forget, although he has recovered pretty well up until now there's been no particularly decent hitters to test it either. The fact he's been wobbled/troubled by a few journeyman that have found the target says he needs to protect it from here on if he's going to progress at the top level. That's where I think he falls down, I think he'll scrap and get caught. A fit Chisora will be the best he'll have faced by a country mile. Chisora had him hurt before, I think he will again in this one but if he's still got the belief and desire he'll sustain the attacks.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 28 Nov 2014, 1:48 am

Part of Fury's problem with getting knocked over is his footwork. He seems to recover quickly when he takes a shot that wobbles him.

I'm not convinced by Chisora's power but that's hardly a revolutionary statement.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 28 Nov 2014, 9:43 am

Fury UD.

Both fighters to spend time on the canvas.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Fri 28 Nov 2014, 10:36 am

Chisora looks awesome in training and completely in shape,only been ko by a explosive puncher in haye and fury doesn't have that kind of power. Fury will have to box out of hes skin and concentrate for full 12 rounds but hes ego will get him into a war which del will prevail!!!

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 28 Nov 2014, 10:41 am

Strongback wrote:Part of Fury's problem with getting knocked over is his footwork.  He seems to recover quickly when he takes a shot that wobbles him.

I'm not convinced by Chisora's power but that's hardly a revolutionary statement.

Bingo. Chisora should be treated as the modern day Jesse Ferguson, Mike Evans, Levi Billups etc.. The hype we give fighters is unreal. If Fury has any top level talent this should be a straight forward assignment.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 28 Nov 2014, 10:45 am

...if

Close fight for me, hard to pick a winner.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Fri 28 Nov 2014, 10:50 am

As this gets closer I am really looking forward to it. What separates this card from last week's is that the fights appear to be close to 50/50s. Chisora and Saunders UDs will be where my money is going.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Nov 2014, 10:58 am

milkyboy wrote:...if

Close fight for me, hard to pick a winner.
Even harder for most of us to give a ****

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Fri 28 Nov 2014, 11:00 am

i think chis causes some problems for fury as he's a little more athletic and seasoned these days.
that said - so is tyson and i think he wins on points again.

i don't see a KO coming for tyson as chisora has one of the best chins in the division.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Nov 2014, 11:07 am

Chisora needs to get inside and unleash a few uppercuts but as I said, Fury will just lean on him and push him to the floor before ending the contest with a barely legal shot to the back of the head that scrambles Chisora's senses.

I wish them both well as the irony of wanting to see one man punch another in the head repeatedly is not lost on me as we mourn the lost of cricketer Phil Hughes

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Nov 2014, 11:58 am

Chisora wins this if he turns up in anything like shape. Fury is awful, he has got away with it thus far by fighting nobody and even then he has made hard work of it. Chisora has mixed in better company, and whilst he ain't troubling Canastota any time soon on the occasions he turns up in shape there is something resembling talent there. If, as Dave says he can get in close and uppercut Fury he should win.

Suspect the ref will have a role to play as this will get very ugly, very quickly.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 28 Nov 2014, 12:00 pm

Rowley wrote:Chisora wins this if he turns up in anything like shape. Fury is awful, he has got away with it thus far by fighting nobody and even then he has made hard work of it. Chisora has mixed in better company, and whilst he ain't troubling Canastota any time soon on the occasions he turns up in shape there is something resembling talent there. If, as Dave says he can get in close and uppercut Fury he should win.

Suspect the ref will have a role to play as this will get very ugly, very quickly.

Hope you're wrong.......................Would love to see Fury knock chisora cold so we can look forward to Wlad vs bigger guy who can bang...

Does anyone want to see Wlad vs Chisora ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Fri 28 Nov 2014, 12:09 pm

Rowley wrote:Chisora wins this if he turns up in anything like shape. Fury is awful, he has got away with it thus far by fighting nobody and even then he has made hard work of it. Chisora has mixed in better company, and whilst he ain't troubling Canastota any time soon on the occasions he turns up in shape there is something resembling talent there. If, as Dave says he can get in close and uppercut Fury he should win.

Agree entirely except Fury seems to have been caught by the overhand right on a few occasions which Del swings in abundance. I think that will be the punch that counts.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 28 Nov 2014, 4:40 pm

Chisora scaled 241.5lb, his heaviest in four fights but more than a stone lighter than before his first fight with Fury three years ago.

Fury was 264lb (Kept his clothes on Erm ) but will be in much better shape than the flabby figure who took on Joey Abell in February.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next