The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales AI campaign - Most disappointed by...

+8
gavstar
ScarletSpiderman
Knowsit17
GavCanDance
The Saint
bedfordwelsh
LordDowlais
No9
12 posters

Go down

Wales AI campaign - Most disappointed by... Empty Wales AI campaign - Most disappointed by...

Post by No9 Thu 27 Nov 2014, 4:52 pm

Well the Autumn games are nearly over, and in summary...

Australia, a game we should have won and let it slip away. Disappointed yes, but not going to lose sleep over this.

Fiji, I'll come back to ..

New Zealand, a game we played out of our skins, for 68 mins.. We could have won this, if only... but then again, more if only s. Again, disappointed, but we where left standing in the last 10 mins, so cant really be surprised.

Springboks... who knows. I think we'll win this, and for our 2nd win ever over the Boks, I'll take it, celebrate and enjoy (if it happens), but if it doesn't, again disappointed but wont be surprised...

but back to Fiji. This game of the all is the one I'm MOST disappointed with. Why, because yet again we played the side in front of us and should have, had to, put them to the sword big time, yet failed to do it and played them at their own game.

So why am I most disappointed with the Fiji game. Its because I believe its the Fiji game that will put us out of the World Cup next year. I can see Wales BEATING England and losing (again) to Australia. Yet I see England beating Australia, and putting all 3 of them on even footings in the table. Therefore the difference between going through and out, will be points difference, and that's where Fiji will knock us out. I can see both England and Australia knock up large scores against Fiji, but Wales will do "just enough" yet again,and hence fail to progress the group thanks to points difference.

I'm not saying we shouldn't give respect to the "lower ranked" sides, but we always seem to play them at their game, rather than the All Black attitude, of nil'ing the opposition and putting 50 on them. And when 50 comes, then lets go for 80 and so on... When Wales are a score in front, then we take our foot off the gas, and at times slip up because of it.

Its why, I fear we wont progress next year, unless we win all our games, and why I think England and Australia will.

It is also why the Fiji game is the one I've been most disappointed with, even with it being our only win (to date)...

We really need to gain a ruthless attitude on the field...

Last edited by No9 on Thu 27 Nov 2014, 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct typos..)

No9

Back to top Go down

Wales AI campaign - Most disappointed by... Empty Re: Wales AI campaign - Most disappointed by...

Post by LordDowlais Thu 27 Nov 2014, 4:59 pm

I am most dissapointed with the Australia game, we outplayed them if you ask me, yet still lost, I am just fed up of losing to them, they are due a hiding of us, stupid decisions from our captian cost us in that game. I would not worry about the Fiji game, we should be up to speed by the time we play them in the WC and we will probably be using our best side, New Zealand annoyed me more than anything, a crap ref and stupid errors, but hey ho, I will be more peeved this weekend when we lose to a Springbok side that we should beat.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Wales AI campaign - Most disappointed by... Empty Re: Wales AI campaign - Most disappointed by...

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 27 Nov 2014, 5:18 pm

I am just fed up with the same old ' we will learm from the games' BS that the coahes come out with, when are we going to leard its been happening for the past few years now.

Yes we should have beaten Australia but again we let it slip.

Fiji, well like a lot have said why do we play these teams at their own game FFS, I know we have to rotate the squad and rest some players/give others a chance etc etc and it's tricky when to do it but we nearly came unstuck again.

Against the ABs yes we defended fantastically for 65 minutes and made them make errors but other than the try by Webb did we really look like scoring or even cretae any other chances.  Not that I can remember.

This weekend, well I will love to be proved wrong but I fear it will be the same old story, call it heroic in defeat or snatching defeat from jaws of victory I feel we will be in it and possibly leading but if we are not more than 1 score clear going into the 5-10 minutes we will feck it.  After all by that time we will most probably have Phillips and Priestland on the field trying to close the game out for us.

Last edited by bedfordwelsh on Thu 27 Nov 2014, 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 27 Nov 2014, 9:28 pm

Most disappointed by George North.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 27 Nov 2014, 9:54 pm

Be careful Saint thats seen as treason by some Wink
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by GavCanDance Fri 28 Nov 2014, 1:06 pm

The Saint wrote:Most disappointed by George North.

Agreed. When I saw the title of the thread, that name specifically came to mind. Looking forward to seeing Liam on the wing on Saturday and seeing how Wales play with some decent attack!

GavCanDance

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Fri 28 Nov 2014, 1:37 pm

The Saint wrote:Most disappointed by George North.

This. Hasn't been his autumn at all. Hopefully he comes back stronger for the 6N.

I've been very encouraged by some of the 'throw caution to the wind' passages of play by Wales, such as the first half against Oz, Fiji and most of the 70 mins last weekend. Disappointed as per by the scripted collapse at the end of every game. Disappointed but not surprised.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 28 Nov 2014, 2:21 pm

Most disappointing contenders -: Halfpenny, North, Priest (ish), Webb; Faletau, Lydiate, Baldwin.

That said I am happy to say I am impressed with Cuthbert, he actually suppressed me and manned up running in to aid Webb when it kicked off last week.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 28 Nov 2014, 2:50 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Most disappointing contenders -: Halfpenny, North, Priest (ish), Webb; Faletau, Lydiate, Baldwin.

That said I am happy to say I am impressed with Cuthbert, he actually suppressed me and manned up running in to aid Webb when it kicked off last week.

SS,

Intercept aside I think Webb has had good series, agree on the rest though Lydiate does what Lydiate does. People expect more off him but he's picked with a specific role in mind and was notable after he went off last week.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Fri 28 Nov 2014, 2:52 pm

Their lack of reliability in defence (nothing new really) other choices made by them in the wing channel, poor all round from both. north and Cuthbert.

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 28 Nov 2014, 4:20 pm

Bedford, two bad interceptions, and also imo he's looking far more predictable than usually does.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 29 Nov 2014, 12:45 am

I disagree with the criticism of Lydiate, he has beena massive player for Wales this series

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sat 29 Nov 2014, 12:27 pm

Maes, unless he does something special today hes been pretty average so far IMO. Its nothing against him as a player, but he hasn't done much to really justify selection over Baker (Faletau moving to blindside) or Tipuric (Warburton moving to blindside).
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 29 Nov 2014, 12:49 pm

Some players in Wales, in particular flankers and fly-halves, seem to get heaps of praise for doing their jobs. It takes a lot more than that to stand out.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 29 Nov 2014, 9:46 pm

Do they have to stand out though? Surely if they are doing the job they are picked to do then they have had a good game.

Still not convinced on the idea of Faleatu at 6, he's been quiet himself this run of games overall.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sun 30 Nov 2014, 12:26 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:Do they have to stand out though?  Surely if they are doing the job they are picked to do then they have had a good game.

Still not convinced on the idea of Faleatu at 6, he's been quiet himself this run of games overall.

I thought Falatau had a better game today but last week I thought he was poor, he does not carry much these days so our back row is not a threat to the opposition, we are just trying to stop the other side playing.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:10 am

Thing is Faletau has never been a huge tackle breaking ball carrying No8 which why it is good to have Baker coming through and a shame he didn't get a run out sometime during this AI series.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:22 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:Do they have to stand out though?  Surely if they are doing the job they are picked to do then they have had a good game.

I'm just saying that guys like Jiffy heap praise on players like Lydiate for tackling (expected) and Priestland for passing/kicking (expected), and everyone then seems to think these two guys are amazing. I will say I was wrong about Lydiate though, he stepped up when I didn't expect him too. Our 6-7 combo is looking good again.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:33 am

I have always been a huge Lydiate fan but even I doubted playing him this series due to his current situation but fair play to the guy he stepped up again.

It would have been nice to see how Baker went at 8 with Lydiate and Warburton either side.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:34 am

..........Welsh fan's in general, ungrateful bunch of ***T's
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:36 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:..........Welsh fan's in general, ungrateful bunch of ***T's

I'd say me and Bedford are realists about the rugby situation in Wales, and you are coming across as quite the opposite.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:44 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:..........Welsh fan's in general, ungrateful bunch of ***T's

Ungrateful in what way exactly? Or is that a sweeping generalisation based on the fact you are one?

Let's face it even in the All Blacks will have a most disappointing player. Based on the AIs it would be Dan Carter, so does that make them ungrateful?

ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sun 30 Nov 2014, 9:47 am

The Saint wrote:

I'm just saying that guys like Jiffy heap praise on players like Lydiate for tackling (expected) and Priestland for passing/kicking (expected), and everyone then seems to think these two guys are amazing. I will say I was wrong about Lydiate though, he stepped up when I didn't expect him too. Our 6-7 combo is looking good again.

The one that gets to me is when the commentary team decide they like a player an highlight everything they do, but total ignore others. Especially when it comes to double tackles etc "great hit by Jenkins" although it was Lee that put the man to the deck etc
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 30 Nov 2014, 10:21 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Ungrateful in what way exactly?  Or is that a sweeping generalisation based on the fact you are one?

Let's face it even in the All Blacks will have a most disappointing player.  Based on the AIs it would be Dan Carter, so does that make them ungrateful?

I, like every bugger here has no right to slag off any player playing at the top level of their sport. In fact I would say than no one on this board has played rugby at any level that they could brag about to be honest. Since the 60's I have supported Wales all over the World and have never slagged any player off and have after a while accepted either victory or defeat and had lot's of beer either way. It's only since this electronic dross has come into being that filth has emerged. Fact is none of the critics would have the balls to stand up to the players they criticise and tell them to their face.

No sweeping at all, read the posts for yourself, you are a moderator after all.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 30 Nov 2014, 10:24 am

So in other words you're a typical drunkard. No wonder your memory is shot.
If you weren't such a d1ckhead people might actually feel sorry for you.

Good luck with that. OK

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 30 Nov 2014, 10:28 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:So in other words you're a typical drunkard. No wonder your memory is shot.
If you weren't such a d1ckhead people might actually feel sorry for you.

Good luck with that. OK

Need to go to bed pal, you are seriously making a real Aussie of yourself.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Nov 2014, 12:17 pm

rainbow-warrior wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Ungrateful in what way exactly?  Or is that a sweeping generalisation based on the fact you are one?

Let's face it even in the All Blacks will have a most disappointing player.  Based on the AIs it would be Dan Carter, so does that make them ungrateful?

I, like every bugger here has no right to slag off any player playing at the top level of their sport.  In fact I would say than no one on this board has played rugby at any level that they could brag about to be honest.  Since the 60's I have supported Wales all over the World and have never slagged any player off and have after a while accepted either victory or defeat and had lot's of beer either way.  It's only since this electronic dross has come into being that filth has emerged.  Fact is none of the critics would have the balls to stand up to the players they criticise and tell them to their face.

No sweeping at all, read the posts for yourself, you are a moderator after all.

Do you ever criticise the government? Or the PM?

Maybe you shouldn't, unless you have a career in politics

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sun 30 Nov 2014, 4:40 pm

Rainbow, either you head has been hurried somewhere for the last 50+ years, or you must have taken a few knocks to the head during that time. The press and public have/will always analyse and criticise/praise where they see fit. If one player is playing exceptionally well in one position, and another is having an exceptionally poor run of games in that position (by comparison) then it is pretty fair for that to be mentioned.

As for ungrateful, I think if you actually look around the nation, and not just rugby forums, you will see we are a nation who are overly keen to paper over cracks. I've heard comments like, "the internationals were successful we wanted two win, and we got them" and worryingly "we lost to NZ because of crap subs, we lost to Aus because of a crap ref. We destroyed South Africa. So roll on the world cup, we can win it", since yesterday's game.

Also as for your mod comment, if you act like a fool, I will talk to you like one.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down