The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

disappointed

2 posters

Go down

disappointed Empty disappointed

Post by mckay1402 Wed 03 Jul 2013, 8:13 pm

I am disappointed with the lions team announcement.  Well I'm not disappointed with the team or the selections as it is pretty much what I would have picked other than swapping Roberts for tuilagi.  I am really disappointed with the pundits all having their bits to day about how much of a mistake gatland has made leaving bod out.  Firstly,  how heartening must it be for Davies, Roberts and alun-wynn to know that the nation has such faith in them in a game which could be won or lost on confidence.  Secondly,  those comments could easily have waited until after the test.  They could become a self fulfilling prophecy.  

Nobody wants to see great players fade but sadly they do. The greatest players know when they've faded and make the decision themselves.  No doubt bod was gutted but I think he should have kept it to himself until after the tour.  Comments like that and Other pundits are hardly the stuff for great moral in a camp. Not only this but he has made the whole issue about himself rather than the team. No player should think of themselves as above being dropped.

I've not read any other threads on this subject as i can predict what they'll be like.  I just think whether or not the pundits agree with the decision they should have got behind the squad and said something afterwards.   I'm not saying it'll be the reason we lose (I don't think we will now) but it won't have helped.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

disappointed Empty Re: disappointed

Post by justified sinner Wed 03 Jul 2013, 9:09 pm

I'm also disappointed, not just by BOD, but by Gatland's  whole approach to the tour. He ignored some of the best players in the 4N to pick players carrying injuries and favourites. Really shocking performance with a coach to have a year at looking at building a team.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down