The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats the better fight for Fury?

+22
Derbymanc
Lance
Mr Bounce
mckay1402
jimdig
hayemaker
DuransHorse
Hammersmith harrier
milkyboy
spencerclarke
catchweight
Steffan
Coxy001
Seanusarrilius
Rowley
JabMachineMK2
TopHat24/7
DDGO2
hogey
88Chris05
TRUSSMAN66
Adam D
26 posters

Go down

Which is a better match up for Tyson Fury?

Whats the better fight for Fury? Vote_lcap48%Whats the better fight for Fury? Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 16 ]
Whats the better fight for Fury? Vote_lcap52%Whats the better fight for Fury? Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 17 ]

Total Votes : 33

Whats the better fight for Fury? Empty Whats the better fight for Fury?

Post by Adam D Tue 09 Dec 2014, 3:17 pm

With yet another comeback on the cards for David Haye (feel free to re-post this in 6 months time as well), I have seen some people on Facebook (well I say people but more like illiterates with a typing finger) suggesting that Haye should give Tyson another shot! Not sure how that works but there you go.

But then I got thinking that if all things being equal and Tyson could guarantee one of them in the ring for a similar purse and belt, who would he have the better chance of beating?

I am not going to put up an option of "he beats neither" - I am talking stylistically, who would you think he has the better chance against?

The champion who made Haye run like a little chicken for 12 rounds?

Or the guy who chickened out of two fights against Fury with a broken fingernail?

Discuss!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Whats the better fight for Fury? Empty Re: Whats the better fight for Fury?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 09 Dec 2014, 3:23 pm

Haye is the easier fight because he's been out of action for so long, will be worried about his shoulder and If he lands Haye goes....

Has to avoid Haye's pot shotting long enough to find him....

Wlad is alot more intimidating especially in Germany..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Dec 2014, 3:26 pm

Wlad is the better fight as, at least when he loses, the nuggests on the internet can say he lost to the World Champion as opposed to him losing to a "cowardly fraud" like Haye.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 09 Dec 2014, 3:26 pm

Truss - could you actually vote as well as posting so that we can see who everyone actually thinks!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 09 Dec 2014, 3:28 pm

There is no "Labour" on the options..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 09 Dec 2014, 3:34 pm

I'm going to wait until he makes his decision to fight either one of them, and then after the fact I'm going to say that the fight he didn't take would have been the better one, and the one he should have taken if he wanted to have any credibility.

Joking aside, I don't think there's much in it if you take my slightly idealistic view. By rights and from a 'legacy' point of view, he should take the Wlad fight over Haye, as having won the British title and earned mandatory status the next natural and logical career step is to go for world honours. On the other hand, it doesn't carry the same glory should he win but the Haye fight is more lucrative (smaller in global terms, but he'll be getting a much better split of the purse, possibly even 50:50, than he would as a mandatory against Wlad) and it's definitely a more winnable fight - he's a firm underdog in that one, rather than a massive underdog as he is against Wlad.

Perhaps because I want Haye to **** off in to a proper retirement, I'd prefer to see Fury take his shot at Wladimir but I wouldn't be surprised if he went the other way should that opportunity present itself in the meantime.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue 09 Dec 2014, 3:38 pm

Haye is the better fight because he would KO Fury much quicker so less painfully, Wlad would hand him a more prolonged beating and KO him out later in the fight.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 09 Dec 2014, 3:52 pm

Wlad Fury can chin him, Haye is a bum.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 09 Dec 2014, 3:58 pm

Haye - he'll lose both but Haye will make him more money. Unless mayyyyybe, he gets a mandatory shot against Wlad and it gets UK PPV.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Dec 2014, 4:16 pm

As we've seen, Fury simply doesn't sell. It will be in Germany and shown on ESPN on this country like the Pulev fight

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 09 Dec 2014, 4:27 pm

I absolutely despise Fury, or did until after he actually boxed in the Chisora fight.

Now I see him as exceptionally limited and he's hit his level but still Euro Level aint half bad, lets face it.

Wlad absolutely splatters him 6 ways from Sunday. There's no doubt in my mind. Wlad hits faster than anyone else he's faced, he hits harder and he's got a hell of a lot more ring savvy about him. Fury wouldn't be able to southpaw against him because he'd still get his nose jabbed off, Wlad is exceptional at turning off slower fighters with poor jabs like Fury's.

Against Haye he'd fare better with a size advantage, but still wouldn't see the 12th. Chisora is one of the slowest punchers I've seen in a while where Haye isn't. Fury would take a decision all day against Haye (probably unpopular to say so) but Haye wouldn't be able to box past 5/6th so unless he got Fury out of there (he would 19 times out of 20) he'd likely gas and Fury would start with the leaning, holding and illegal punching. Fury hasn't foguth anyone who hits as hard as Haye yet and he's been decked by former cruisers. If and when Haye landed, it'd be good night.

He'd earn more from haye and it'd be a fight he could potentially win (highly unlikely) but I can never see him beating Wlad - decision goes to Wlad and in a tradeoff Wlad would murder him.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 09 Dec 2014, 5:00 pm

Wlad, no question. If you beat Haye you have beaten a previously retired guy coming back from a career threatening injury, beat Wlad you have beaten the best heavyweight in the world and established yourself as the man in the division. Screw Haye, he has dicked Fury about enough, Fury should move on with his career.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 09 Dec 2014, 5:04 pm

Bloody big 'IF', Rowls, based mainly on dislike of Haye the person.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 09 Dec 2014, 5:08 pm

Haye. He can't beat Wlad and makes more money fighting Haye, who he might beat. Also, he can then go on to fight Wlad, make more money and retire.

Fury cannot beat Wald and the Haye fight was worth 5 million pounds to him last time it was scheduled. Can he make that v Wlad? No.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 09 Dec 2014, 5:26 pm

Fight Wlad, everyone expects him to lose (rightly so) but if he lasts more than 5 rounds and isn't 100% (more like 90%) outclassed he may come away with some credit and still have earning potential in his next fight.

Fight Haye and he gets made to look silly over the 2 rounds it lasts for and then his career is in tatters for the foreseeable future.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 09 Dec 2014, 5:31 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Bloody big 'IF', Rowls, based mainly on dislike of Haye the person.....

That is why he should not fight him, plenty of risk for minimal reward. He has got his shot at the big dog and all the marbles, what else is the game about, it sure as hell ain't about wasting time on someone who, based on previous experience, is not even certain to show up.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 09 Dec 2014, 6:08 pm

I thought we were answering this question on the assumption that Haye shows up. I can't be bothered with that argument, so I have answered as if Haye would turn up.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Dec 2014, 6:58 pm

If Haye could be bothered to show up this would be the better fight as Fury would beat the clown and get a good payday for it before stepping up fight Wlad a fight I think he could win but my money would be on the Klit

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 09 Dec 2014, 7:09 pm

I would tip Fury to beat Haye and give Klitschko a much better fight than most people think. Klitschko would be the better fight to take.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Tue 09 Dec 2014, 7:16 pm

Don't mean to be contrary Adam but I actually think he should fight the winner of stiverne v wilder first. More winnable and gives him a bit more say on negotiations of fighting Haye and wlad.

For the poll though I've gone wlad.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 09 Dec 2014, 7:58 pm

I'd agree spence, but if he fights one of them, everyone will accuse him of ducking wlad... And hayemaker will accuse him of ducking haye.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 09 Dec 2014, 8:15 pm

milkyboy wrote:And hayemaker will accuse him of ducking haye.

Hayemaker believes everyone from Kimbo Slice to Apollo Creed are ducking Haye.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 09 Dec 2014, 9:46 pm

Fury doesn't stand a chance against either, would rather see him face Wlad as he'd get less money and a more prolonged beating.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Tue 09 Dec 2014, 10:03 pm

What does Fury do better than Wlad? Not sure.
Against Haye he does have some advantaged.
If I was Fury I'd take the bigger money option with the better chance of success and fight Haye. I'd like to see Fury against Wlad but just can't see Fury winning at all really. I'd be interested in either though and would like to see if Wlad does struggle with a man taller than himself, its just I don't think Fury would make his extra height count.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Tue 09 Dec 2014, 10:50 pm

What has Fury done to earn a shot at either Haye or Klitschko? He is a classic example of a boxer who fights a load of bums, talks trash and tries to talk his way into pay days. Fury doesnt belong in the same ring as Haye or Klitschko but people will glad tune in to watch him get knocked out so for that reason I voted for Haye. I would love to see Fury have to face Haye after all the trash talk behind Hayes back and get the beating he deserves. Apart from beating Chisora, a boxer who Haye has already smashed, Fury has fought a bunch of nobodies and just talked trash. My guess is Fury will try the exact same nonsense with Klitschko as he did with Haye which is talk trash about him and then pretend Klitschko is ducking him while he signs up to fight more bums and pretends he is the best heavyweight in history.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 09 Dec 2014, 10:57 pm

Do you just copy and paste the same post over and over again?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Dec 2014, 11:36 pm

hayemaker wrote:talk trash about him and then pretend Klitschko is ducking him while he signs up to fight more bums and pretends he is the best heavyweight in history.
You mean do exactly what Haye did in the 3 years prior to the Wlad fight?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed 10 Dec 2014, 7:33 am

hayemaker wrote:What has Fury done to earn a shot at either Haye or Klitschko? He is a classic example of a boxer who fights a load of bums, talks trash and tries to talk his way into pay days.

Let's break this down.

"What has Fury done to earn a shot at either Haye or Klitschko?"  Fought and beat the same guy Haye last fought and beat.  Most would say that although it took him longer he made it look easier.

"He is a classic example of a boxer who fights a load of bums"  Again, a unanimous whitewash loss to Wlad aside, Haye's fights at heavy have been less than stellar and against guys I would expect Fury to beat. In some ways Fury has the better CV as he's been in with a greater quantity of a similar calibre opposition. Only Valuev and Ruiz are possible questions but Fury beats them, perhaps more easily than Haye did. Barrett, Harrison and Chis ( obviously ) are not worth speculation.

"Talks trash and tries to talk his way into pay days."  If you can't see the irony of this post then it's pointless debating!!

I prefer Haye to Fury but you need to take a step back and reassess this blind love you have for him.  He just isn't as good as you think he is.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Wed 10 Dec 2014, 7:49 am

Haye would be the easier fight by a country mile. Haye talks a good fight, making out at heavyweight he's like neo in the matrix. In reality a fight with fury would be more like haye's fight with valuev. Haye threw 140 punches in that fight, sitting on the outside basically avoiding contact, valuev threw something like 400. 

If Haye had a prime at heavyweight, it was probably about that time. I thought valuev could have won that fight. I'd back fury to put in a better showing than valuev, and haye after this long lay off, older, slower and probably even more cautious, to put in a lesser performance. 

I think I was looking forward to the haye v fury fight last time around, on recollection I hope that snooze fest is never made.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Wed 10 Dec 2014, 12:07 pm

Wlad. Haye is nobody anymore. if that fight was going to take place it should have been two years ago. Whether Fury is a worthwhile fight for Wlad is a different matter entirely. As said above Haye would be the easier fight and Wlad would be a huge step up but that is how the HW division is. Bums until you get to the champion.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 10 Dec 2014, 2:31 pm

Wlad, Haye is completely irrelevant and ducked Fury twice already and cost him a fortune. F Haye.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 10 Dec 2014, 5:30 pm

He should take his shot and go for Wlad. There's not much chance Fury would beat either, but Haye is, as DDGO2 says, not relevant right now. I also think that Haye might try to go after the WBC belt to try to force a rematch with Wlad.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 10 Dec 2014, 5:50 pm

The quality jab Fury threw against Chisora would be a big test for Haye. Wlad would out jab it though.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 10 Dec 2014, 6:38 pm

Wlad now, Hayes been out too long to be of any significance now

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Wed 10 Dec 2014, 7:40 pm

Fury put his career on hold once for Haye. It's worth less money now than back then, with Haye coming off the back of that pantomime grudge match with Chisora.

He's got to seek out Wlad. If he wants to be the best he has to beat the best.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Wed 10 Dec 2014, 8:15 pm

I think Fury would beat Haye, not because Haye has been inactive but because I think he has the attributes to beat Haye and to ware him down..

It would be a good fight to really test him though before going in with Wlad, all be it a different kind of fight.

I don't think he will stop Wlad so cant see him beating him, but he will probably give him some very hard rounds.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by thelastbellender Wed 10 Dec 2014, 8:24 pm

Fury should fight Wlad for the sake of boxing not because he will beat him but he will put up a better fight than mr I love me obnoxious toemaker.

thelastbellender

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 11 Dec 2014, 9:38 am

Fury gets a lot of flack (including from me) but saw a nice touch on Twitter last night.

A girl was upset because her boyfriend (or hubby or dad or something) won tickets from FWP for a seat at #BadBlood but when he got there Frank has resold his seat (like he did with much of the press allocation) so he was turned away.

Anyways, Fury responded directly to her and said that was not on, 'followed' her so they could DM, and then got her man's address so he could send her a signed glove.

Fury is no PR whizz, I think that was just a genuinely nice gesture.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 11 Dec 2014, 10:18 am

clap Spot on to Fury for that and booooooo for FWP. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll be bankrupt soon too.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 11 Dec 2014, 1:15 pm

They'll bankrupt as soon as Frank has some bills to pay.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sat 13 Dec 2014, 12:35 am

Both fights are equal, they are both good earners but both fights he'd likely lose.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down