The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilder - Fury fight off, WBC Say "Fight Breazeale"

3 posters

Go down

Wilder - Fury fight off, WBC Say "Fight Breazeale" Empty Wilder - Fury fight off, WBC Say "Fight Breazeale"

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 06 Mar 2019, 11:00 pm

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_/id/26150741/wbc-orders-wilder-fight-breazeale-next

Tyson Fury signing with ESPN has put a stop to the immediate rematch with Deontay Wilder and the WBC has ordered Wilder to face Breazeale, possibly one of the most undeserving of fighters to get a HW title shot. I am not expecting fireworks.

I wonder who the hell Fury's going to fight?

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Wilder - Fury fight off, WBC Say "Fight Breazeale" Empty Re: Wilder - Fury fight off, WBC Say "Fight Breazeale"

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Thu 07 Mar 2019, 11:34 am

ESPN wanted Fury to take a tune whilst Arum tries to convince the WBC to make Wilder-Fury 2 a 50/50 purse split. Wilder talking rubbish about how he'll only fight on Showtime, but if Arum wins the purse bid, Wilder will have to fight on ESPN or lose the belt.

More interestingly Dillian Whyte has now joined Top Rank/ESPN. Whyte is mandatory for the WBA belt, so Hearn/Joshua could be forced to fight on ESPN.

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Wilder - Fury fight off, WBC Say "Fight Breazeale" Empty Re: Wilder - Fury fight off, WBC Say "Fight Breazeale"

Post by Eejit Thu 07 Mar 2019, 2:04 pm

A shame the fight is off but not entirely unexpected. All things considered Fury should have been given the W after the last fight and I suppose there's more money in leaving things as they are for now.

Whyte is looking better and better, and if he is the guy to fight Joshua there's no guarantees AJ will win it. I can't see either of them troubling Fury that much.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down