The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Anybody Care About Amir Khan?

+29
hogey
Mr Bounce
Lance
thelastbellender
jimdig
88Chris05
CallMeBenji
Coxy001
rapidringsroad
Kareem61
Hammersmith harrier
AdamT
DDGO2
milkyboy
Dipper Brown
tunes666
Derbymanc
bellchees
spencerclarke
Steffan
mobilemaster8
lfc91
TopHat24/7
Gentleman01
kingraf
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
JabMachineMK2
Strongback
33 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Does Anybody Care About Amir Khan? - Page 2 Empty Does Anybody Care About Amir Khan?

Post by Strongback Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Big fight with Alexander coming up this weekend but nobody seems to care a jot.

I remember threads raging for days about Khan.

Why does nobody care anymore?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Does Anybody Care About Amir Khan? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does Anybody Care About Amir Khan?

Post by Lance Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:48 pm

like watching Khan. I think the problem this time round is his opponent. Why would anybody want to watch Alexander? the guy absolutely stinks. Hope im wrong, but could see this fight going the same way as Khan Judah.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Does Anybody Care About Amir Khan? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does Anybody Care About Amir Khan?

Post by Mr Bounce Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:00 pm

I don't particularly like Khan outside of the ring but in it as many have stated above, he's extremely entertaining. He is very fast, accurate and a classy boxer, but the vulnerability surrounding his chin says that you'll never know the outcome until the other guy's flat out on the floor or the final bell's rung and the scorecards are in.

If he's on his game on Saturday he outclasses Alexander, making him miss and look stupid. Not sure if he'll stop him by KO'ing him, but Khan has the potential to force Devon to lose heart and retire on his stool. If Khan's sloppy, he could lose, and lose badly.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:29 pm

To answer the original question no not really he has been Knocked out, dropped and given hell by opponents who would not have bothered anywhere top elite fighters.
Brook destroys him far too big and strong at the weight to not catch up with and easy to hit glass chinned light welter like Khan, i cant make a case for anything other than a Brook stoppage inside of 6 rounds. Khan will never beat a natural welter with timing and accuracy simply because his defence is poor and his chin in worse.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:37 pm

I can't see the logic of Khan beating Brook on current form to be honest, aside from quicker hands he holds very few if any advantages and even then Brook is no slouch in that department.

Brook is far from being special but he's good at everything with no glaring weaknesses, a solid seven across the board. I also don't buy him not fighting at Khan's level either and after his struggle with Jones he's clearly worked hard on correcting the issues he had that night, can we say the same for Khan?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:49 pm

I disagree with every point....

As for the fight well Khan has a better jab and is quicker..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:51 pm

He's used that jab to good effect in two fights Truss, Malignaggi and Judah when he didn't have to worry about what was coming back. His speed will be negated by the superior timing of Brook, Khan can also be very wasteful with his shots, staying in the pocket that split second to long to throw punches 5 and 6.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:03 pm

Very hard to time your shots when you keep getting beaten to the punch..

You have more faith in Brook than me...Seems to labor through fights too much and switch off.

Though he was superb last time credit it to him....Porter was awful...

Need more convincing Mate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:09 pm

I think we've seen a more focused and spiteful Brook since the Jones scare, would be interested to know what recent fight he's laboured through.

I like Khan and enjoy his fights but his actual boxing skill gets overblown, if his jab and speed were so good and so important he wouldn't be struggling with any of Peterson, Garcia or Diaz. The moment Brook lands with anything big and he will he'll revert to type and go all macho which will lead to him getting taken out.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:13 pm

I'd like Brook to win...

Who knows maybe you could be right..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:16 pm

I've no doubt Khan is a better offensive fighter than Porter. Ported was just wading in all over the shop against Brook. Khan can pick his shots and has an intense offence.

I can' tree Khan carrying a lot of power to welter so he will have to rely on his boxing skills. Has he learned enough discipline. That's why Saturday night is so intriguing. All ends up I can't see Khan losing to Alexander.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:20 pm

I wouldnt like to hang my hat on a Khan v Brook fight. Khans strengths and weaknesses are well known because he has been fighting at the top level against a variety of different styles from early age. Brook has a criminally padded record and has only just proved he can beat a top ranked fighter. He wont have faced anyone with the speed or sharpness Khan has.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:19 am

Khan has always been easy to hit, his speed of hands is not replicated in speed of thought, head movement or footwork. Unfortunately for him this means he would need a good chin against top welterweights and he is definitely lacking in that department. At the end of the day he is one of many very good fighters who fall short of being great fighters they generally possess some outstanding attributes, but over glaring weaknesses. Some have power, but no speed, some have great chins, but no skills or footwork and some like Khan have blistering speed and plenty of heart but no chin and limited power.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:04 pm

At least he'll have some nice shorts to pawn after the fight

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:45 pm

The kid is painful in interviews............."Everyone from Vegas is coming to see me..i'm headlining"..."My posters are everywhere" ....

I know it's part of his culture to endless brag.....

But whilst I respect his gifts..........I'm hoping he ends up face down in a heap !!

What's all this crap about him being P4P number 1 If he beats Mayweather ??

Manny goes number 1 and others including Ward, Danny Garcia and Rigo stay higher....

Honey wasn't even in the Top 10 after Curry..

Come on Devon find one of them uppercuts.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:50 pm

He's not the first fighter to big himself up truss , but I Agree its a bit uncomfortable listening to him. I don't think he realises how he comes across, let's face it, a pair of headphones have more between the ears.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:54 pm

Loses against Alexander then it's game over for his career.

In light of that, c'mon Devon! Lets do this!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:56 pm

Truss criticising somebody for bragging?

Do you still have a personal secretary?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:57 pm

Don't think Khan struggled with Garcia at all to be fair.

For three rounds he looked comfortable, had cut and marked Danny up.

He got complacent, unloaded a combination with his chin in the air and no defence and got smashed clean in the face by a left hook he never saw coming....by a heavy fisted fighter.

He made a mistake and he paid the price.

But to say he struggled with him? No chance.

Was Lennox Lewis struggling with Hasim Rahman before he got sparked? No.

Goes for a list of fighters.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:58 pm

Strongback wrote:Truss criticising somebody for bragging?

She left to work for some tycoon in Ireland because she realised I was a pseudo intellectual.............Apparently the guy had five Yachts, Ten mansions, A 70 inch chest and more degrees than Motown !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Was Lennox Lewis struggling with Hasim Rahman before he got sparked? No.

Was beginning to look less comfortable Truss and Hasbeen Rahman was starting to find a way through. Mainly 'coz Lewis was one tubby bastard for that fight and was gassing big time.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeBenji Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:39 pm

We all know about Khan and what he can and can't do. He will have issues with Brook's timing and accuracy, which are good.

However, Brook has not had to employ his timing and accuracy against anybody even remotely as skilled and quick as Khan. People are talking about Brook catching Khan on the way in (which I certainly don't rule out), but Porter did nothing but jump into Brook's chest for 12 rounds. If his timing is that good then you would have to think that he would have had more success catching Porter on the way in - i.e. with some really eye catching shots that really stopped Porter in his tracks.

I just think that Khan's speed will stifle Brooks work and even make him look a bit crude at times. That being said, this is not a rock solid opinion by any stretch and any prediction I make couldn't go any further than 55/45 either way. I would certainly expect Brook to have his successes but over the stretch I think, at the minute, that Khan outworks him.

CallMeBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:43 pm

Brook will jab AMir to death, not actual, emotional!

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:28 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

She left to work for some tycoon in Ireland because she realised I was a pseudo intellectual.............Apparently the guy had five Yachts, Ten mansions, A 70 inch chest and more degrees than Motown !!

I wouldn't want to meet him......sounds like a right w@nker.

Anybody who is into yachts should be taken out to sea and drowned.

I'm working with a client who lives for sailing and dresses as if he's on the high seas all the time. Plonker.

When he's not running in century's on the cricket field isn't Coxy a wannabe yachtsman?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:37 pm

... Catch up strongy. He's moved into darts. It's the new yachting.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:52 pm

He obviously owns a little boat then. The guys with massive ones don't need to dress the part to show off.

Either that or you've had a dress how you want for school day.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:57 pm

Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

I'm working with a client who lives for dresses

Bet he doesn't look as good me in one.... Does Anybody Care About Amir Khan? - Page 2 3559488474

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:27 pm

As it draws near I'm getting into this fight. The best thing about Khan fighting is even if he's a clear favourite you just never know if he'll take a shot that turns the tide. If nothing else he's entertaining in the ring.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:13 pm

Both weighed in at 147lbs for tomorrow. Both seem in great shape and ready to rumble.

Interesting to see the under card as well with Thurman vs Bundu and Abner Mares.

Thurman got interviewed after and seemed to duck maidana.

When asked if he would fight him he basically said no and he wants Floyd as he ain't had a KO in years?! ..Duck? Didn't seem the type so was disappointed.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:51 pm

Thurman has bigger fish to fry than Maidana and is setting his sights a bit higher, wouldn't exactly call it a duck when not many are that interested in the fight.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:17 am

I don't care about any fighter, though I'm interested in this fight. As everyone knows, khans weakness is his chin combined with a willingness to fight. I doubt Alexander has the power to trouble Khan.

If khan reverts to his amateur ways then he will outbox/speed Alexander, with a little to spare.

This is a good fight between two good welterweight. If khan had been matched 'well' throughout his career he'd be rated very highly.

Credit to khan, and the utmost respect, for his willingness to fight anyone.

Some may think he is holding out for a huge payday, which to some extent he is, however it's not the lengths in which some others do, i.e fury, wilder etc

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:Both weighed in at 147lbs for tomorrow. Both seem in great shape and ready to rumble.

Interesting to see the under card as well with Thurman vs Bundu and Abner Mares.

Thurman got interviewed after and seemed to duck maidana.

When asked if he would fight him he basically said no and he wants Floyd as he ain't had a KO in years?! ..Duck? Didn't seem the type so was disappointed.

That completely contradicts what he recently said in an IFL interview. He stated Maidana was THE fight he wanted more than any other.  Wanted to go in with a banger like himself apparently.  Thurman says he wants big fights but never clearly calls anyone out, I actually find this annoying.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:52 pm

That's what I thought Duran.

Hammer, when you say he has bigger fish to fry, he is fighting Bundu who's best win is Frankie bloody Gavin.

How good Bundu ACTUALLY is will be found out in the next 12-14 hours

Thurman is a big hitting welter.....but Maidana is a very very good fighter. Took Khan the distance and troubled him. Troubled Floyd on a couple of occasions. Hammered Broner (the next best thing).

He is a big fish at welter as his fights show.

Yes he lost said fights but he is a big player at welter as his performances rightly show.

I think it would be a great step UP for thruman.

Going from Karass, Bundu up to Maidana....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:10 pm

The aforementioned Karass showed when he fought Maidana that he's not that good, the fights with Mayweather have blown his ability out of all proportion. Aside from a dodgy couple of rounds Khan outclassed him as did Alexander, that is his level.

Thurman would be far better off fighting any of Khan, Alexander, Bradley, Marquez, Porter, Brook or even the big two in the division.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2