The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Big One - Edinburgh v Treviso

+10
Imperialbigdave
Nematode
BigGee
GLove39
jimbopip
RDW
Dorothy_Mantooth
VinceWLB
funnyExiledScot
JonnyEdinburgh
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Big One - Edinburgh v Treviso - Page 2 Empty The Big One - Edinburgh v Treviso

Post by JonnyEdinburgh Thu 18 Dec 2014, 1:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Edinburgh Rugby v Treviso
Friday 19th December 2014, KO 19:35
BT Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh
Weather forecast:  Cloudy, possible heavy showers.  4/5 Degrees.

Thought I'd get a thread started for tomorrow's highly anticipated, mouth-watering clash.  Please feel free to tidy this up and stick some pics in, I'm struggling trying to do it on the sly at work!
Season Ticket holders can bring a friend for free - no ticket required.

Teams:
Edinburgh Rugby
The Big One - Edinburgh v Treviso - Page 2 Scotti13
15 Jack CUTHBERT
14 Dougie FIFE
13 Sam BEARD
12 Andries STRAUSS
11 Tim VISSER
10 Greig TONKS
9 Sam HIDALGO-CLYNE

1 Alasdair DICKINSON
2 Neil COCHRANE
3 John ANDRESS
4 Anton BRESLER
5 Ben TOOLIS
6 Mike COMAN (cpt)
7 Roddy GRANT
8 David DENTON

Substitutes
16 James HILTERBRAND
17 Grant SHIELLS
18 Willem NEL
19 Fraser McKENZIE
20 Stuart McINALLY
21 Grayson HART
22 Tom HEATHCOTE
23 Joaquin DOMINGUEZ

TREVISO
The Big One - Edinburgh v Treviso - Page 2 Italia10
15 Jayden Hayward
14 Simone Ragusi
13 Luca Morisi
12 Sam Christie
11 Ludovico Nitoglia
10 Joe Carlisle
9 Alberto Lucchese

8 Dean Budd
7 Francesco Minto
6 Simone Favaro
5 Corniel Van Zyl (captain)
4 Tomas Vallejos
3 Matteo Muccignat
2 Davide Giazzon
1 Matteo Zanusso

Replacements:
16 Albert Anae
17 Josè Novak
18 Romulo Acosta
19 Marco Fuser
20 Mat Luamanu
21 Enrico Bacchin
22 Ruggero Trevisan
23 James Ambrosini

FORM:
Edinburgh Rugby: Let's keep it positive.  6 wins from the last 8.
Treviso: One draw and loads of defeats - although they have had a few "Battling losses" of late.

JonnyEdinburgh

Back to top Go down

The Big One - Edinburgh v Treviso - Page 2 Empty Re: The Big One - Edinburgh v Treviso

Post by BigGee Fri 19 Dec 2014, 9:24 pm

Amazing, play simple rugby and you score tries. Why did it take 80 mins to work that out!

Still a good score and 5 points, should not complain to much. They can still frustrate at times though

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Big One - Edinburgh v Treviso - Page 2 Empty Re: The Big One - Edinburgh v Treviso

Post by VinceWLB Fri 19 Dec 2014, 9:25 pm

Wow that last kick was a thing of beauty! something Glasgow can only dream of!

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 19 Dec 2014, 9:27 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Good night at the office, but my God treviso were awful!

I guess that puts things into perspective when you moan about Edinburgh! Their season is a long way from over now and Solly is a long way from getting the sack

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 19 Dec 2014, 9:29 pm

Tonks did not really answer the questions at FH, I think you will see Heathcote back in the pocket for the cup games. Hart played well when he was on the pitch as well, he may well challenge for a starting spot if he does not cop a ban

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri 19 Dec 2014, 9:36 pm

The Blues denied a bonus point to the Scarlets so Edinburgh only 3 points behind the men from Llanelli.

I really think Edinburgh should get one win over the soap-dodgers!

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 19 Dec 2014, 9:39 pm

Good night for Edinburgh in the table, 5 points for them and zilch for Scarlets and Connacht. It can all turn around very quickly, especially with all the derby games at this time of year

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Fri 19 Dec 2014, 9:49 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Has Nel now scored more tries this season than Maitland? ?

Yes indeed! Maitland hasn't scored a Pro12 try so far this season.

In fact Maitland has only scored 7 tries for Glasgow in the Celtic league, as opposed to Nel's 11. This is even more dramatic when you consider that Edinburgh have by and large been playing like poop.

madmaccas

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Fri 19 Dec 2014, 10:01 pm

Great performance from edinburgh tonight. Good simple rugby and the forward pack put in a great shift. Very impressed by Fraser Mckenzie in the 2nd row. Treviso obviously had a plan to target him as on numerous occasions they were trying to rough him up. Their number four was almost trying to break Mckenzies neck at one point. Disgraceful performance by them and their number 18 deserves a hefty ban. In most circumstances I would think Grayson hart was a bit of a plonker for getting involved but in that circumstance I have no problem with him sticking up for his team mates. Dougie Fife was also on the receiving end of a punch and then hart too when he tried to split it up.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 19 Dec 2014, 10:03 pm

That really is a damming stat for Maitland

Heathcoat should start against Glasgow I think - much better goal kicker and Tonks had a poor game given he had an armchair ride.

He has been messed about this season though so he's certainly not a write off at 10 yet.

The biggest plus for me tonight was our physicality - every tackle we smashed them back.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Fri 19 Dec 2014, 10:10 pm

I don't know what the problem is with Maitland scoring so few tries at the moment. At Canterbury and the crusaders he was a try machine and scored some of the best tries you'll ever see but it just doesn't seem to be happening for him over here on the try front.
I still think he is playing well though but it just seems to be he has developed more into a defensive winger!

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 19 Dec 2014, 10:20 pm

Edinburgh now only 7 Points off 6th place.

I'll say it again - the losses against connacht and zebre, as well as the draw against Scarlets, really have made life difficult for us.

If we'd won those games we'd be comfortably in 6th spot  just now!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 22 Dec 2014, 12:24 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Edinburgh now only 7 Points off 6th place.

I'll say it again - the losses against connacht and zebre, as well as the draw against Scarlets, really have made life difficult for us.

If we'd won those games we'd be comfortably in 6th spot  just now!

Agreed, although none of that speaks highly of the standard of the league at the moment. We have not played well this season, although we are starting to show some backbone in defence. Treviso were dire but they did have some big units on the pitch, none of whom made any notable ground against us.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2