The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ERCC: Pool 4, Round 5 - Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault

+19
A Simply Mesmeric Try
madmaccas
teh_Dingmeister
VinceWLB
BigGee
demosthenes
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Dorothy_Mantooth
highland_scot
GLove39
IanBru
PenfroPete
Tattie Scones RRN
The Saint
TJ
jimbopip
funnyExiledScot
RDW
George Carlin
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ERCC: Pool 4, Round 5 - Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault Empty ERCC: Pool 4, Round 5 - Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault

Post by George Carlin Mon 12 Jan 2015, 8:55 am

ERCC: Pool 4, Round 5 - Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault Glasgo10                          ERCC: Pool 4, Round 5 - Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault Montpe10
Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault
Pool 4, Round 5
Sunday 18 January 2015, KO 13:00
Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow

Live on Sky Sports / BeIN

Referee Luke Pearce (England)
Touch Judge 1 Matthew Carley (England)
Touch Judge 2 Robin Goodliffe (England)
Fourth Official Tom McNichol (Scotland)
TMO Sean Davey (England)

Citing Commissioner Eddie Walsh (Ireland)

A. Teams:

1. Glasgow Warriors
ERCC: Pool 4, Round 5 - Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault Abi_ba10

15 Pete Murchie
14 Tommy Seymour
13 Alex Dunbar
12 Peter Horne
11 DTH van der Merwe
10 Finn Russell
9 Niko Matawalu

1 Ryan Grant
2 Pat MacArthur
3 Jon Welsh
4 Tim Swinson
5 Jonny Gray
6 Leone Nakarawa
7 Ryan Wilson
8 Josh Strauss (capt)

16 Fraser Brown
17 Jerry Yanuyanutawa
18 Michael Cusack
19 James Eddie
20 Richie Vernon
21 Henry Pyrgos
22 Mark Bennett
23 Sean Maitland

2. Montpellier Herault
ERCC: Pool 4, Round 5 - Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault Bereni11

15 Benoit Sicart
14 Yohann Artru
13 Robert Ebersohn
12 Wynand Olivier
11 Lucas Dupont
10 Benjamin Lucas
9 Teddy Iribaren

1 Yvan Watremez
2 Mickael Ivaldi
3 Pat Cilliers
4 Robins Tchale Watchou
5 Thibaut Privat (capt)
6 Antoine Battut
7 Akapusi Qera
8 Ben Mowen

16 Thomas Bianchin
17 Na'ama Leleimalefaga
18 David Attoub
19 Alexandre Bias
20 Kelian Galletier
21 Benoit Paillaugue
22 Enzo Selponi
23 Viriviri Nasagavesi

B. Tournament Form:

1. Glasgow Warriors

13/12/14 - Glasgow 9 - 12 Toulouse

7/12/14 - Toulouse 19 - 11 Glasgow

25/10/14 - Montpellier 13 - 15 Glasgow

2. Montpellier Herault

12/12/14 - Bath 32 - 12 Montpellier

5/12/14 - Montpellier 5 - 30 Bath

25/10/14 - Montpellier 13 - 15 Glasgow

C. Head to Head

3 Played 3
2 Wins 0
0 Losses 2
1 Draws 1
2 Tries 4
1 Conversions 3
12 Penalties 5
0 Drop Goals 0
48 Points 41

Last edited by George Carlin on Fri 16 Jan 2015, 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

ERCC: Pool 4, Round 5 - Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault Empty Re: ERCC: Pool 4, Round 5 - Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault

Post by RDW Mon 12 Jan 2015, 9:32 am

Well Glasgow's two losses to Toulouse haven't helped their cause, but they still have a chance.  Montpellier are dead and buried so will probably send out a much changed team to a cold and wet Scotstoun, and Bath are probably going to lose away to Toulouse so will also be out the running.  Doesn't make a trip to the Rec that much easier though.

Saying that, there is a rest week before the 6N so both times might not feel the need to rest too many of their players..

Glasgow could still win these two games and go out - they need at least one bonus point I reckon.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

ERCC: Pool 4, Round 5 - Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault Empty Re: ERCC: Pool 4, Round 5 - Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault

Post by George Carlin Mon 12 Jan 2015, 9:39 am

Yes, Toonie has said that the arithmetic is fairly clear. We need two wins and one of them has to be a TBP win.

It's also pretty likely that the 5 pointer has to be in the next game. Bath have hit their straps now and I am not confident at all that we will win at the Rec. Hopefully Pelly have stopped giving a merde about this tournament and will put out a ladies second XV.

That said, it's all doable, and all in our hands.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 12 Jan 2015, 9:42 am

The ideal situation is a BP win this weekend and a do or die game down at Bath, hopefully with them out of the running.

Glasgow shouldn't be in this position though - they really did let 5 points slip over the course of the two games against Toulouse I reckon. How Glasgow would have wished that conversion in the away game had gone over, or Niko had ran closer to the posts! The home game was a big let down, although Toulouse's defence was outstanding that day.

Fine margins at this level and Glasgow just haven't quite done what is required so far.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 12 Jan 2015, 12:28 pm

TBP required here. Time to pull out the stops!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 13 Jan 2015, 9:58 am

Usual questions; where can I watch it and who are the ladies?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 13 Jan 2015, 10:36 am

jimbopip wrote:Usual questions; where can I watch it and who are the ladies?

Scotstoun or on Sky Sports.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 13 Jan 2015, 11:29 am

jimbopip wrote:Usual questions; where can I watch it and who are the ladies?
This week's reps are the lovely Abigail Barr (a model from Glasgow) and the astonishing Bérénice Marlohe (actress and recent Bond girl from Paris). Although she could be from Zimbabwe and I'd still find an excuse to get a picture of Bérénice onto this thread. Cool
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 13 Jan 2015, 1:29 pm

I love the fact that the Glaswegian lass is in the bath: gives a whole new meaning to soap dodging.
So which props are registered for the ERCC? And who will pull a hamstring to allow Wee Mike in?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 13 Jan 2015, 1:42 pm

jimbopip wrote:I love the fact that the Glaswegian lass is in the bath: gives a whole new meaning to soap dodging.
So which props are registered for the ERCC? And who will pull a hamstring to allow Wee Mike in?

Shame you don't have that Rory Lamont bloke to rely on anymore!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 14 Jan 2015, 1:00 pm

Cusack has replaced Murray in the ERCC Glasgow squad.
Big Mike must be feeling all right...Very Happy
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 14 Jan 2015, 1:52 pm

His performance in the Montpellier game could well inform his 6 Nations selection.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 16 Jan 2015, 9:04 am

I received an e-mail from Gregor Townsend telling me Glasgow Warriors needed me on Sunday. Yahoo
God bless the Magic Tombola said I. I grabbed my kit bag and was just checking that my boots were both there when Mrs Pip pointed out that what they needed me for was to buy a ticket not dazzle the Frenchies with my bi-lingual rucking technique. Doh

I hate it when that happens.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Fri 16 Jan 2015, 11:41 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:His performance in the Montpellier game could well inform his 6 Nations selection.

Hope so - he looked good last week as a player although he also looked like a huge tub of lard. We need more quality front row players

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 16 Jan 2015, 11:42 am

BPW for Glasgow thumbsup.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 16 Jan 2015, 12:12 pm

TJ, appearances can be deceptive. When I was chatting with him at the MFL match he looked as fit as the proverbial butcher's dog.
I blame these tight fit jerseys we all have to wear nowadays, even I look less than svelte in one. The low point of my season was one of my team-mates' wives who had turns up to laugh watch a Vet's match shouting, " Jimbo, breathe in, Jimbo for god's sake breathe in."

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Fri 16 Jan 2015, 12:39 pm

jimbopip wrote:TJ, appearances can be deceptive. When I was chatting with him at the MFL match he looked as fit as the proverbial butcher's dog.
I blame these tight fit jerseys we all have to wear nowadays, even I look less than svelte in one. The low point of my season was one of my team-mates' wives who had turns up to laugh watch a Vet's match shouting, " Jimbo, breathe in, Jimbo for god's sake breathe in."

Jimbo - you heading over to Bath next week? Been in touch with ASBO and he's coming up for a cheeky few.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 16 Jan 2015, 2:05 pm

Ah, Tattie. Good to hear from you. I am tussling with my conscience, but I do fancy it. The "cheeky few" would rule out option (a) driving up and back on the Sunday. Optio (b) is to stay oer and travel back on the Monday, expensive but hmm. Headscratch
Let me ponder it.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 16 Jan 2015, 2:09 pm

Assistant referees: Matthew Carley (England), Robin Goodliffe (England)
Television match official: Sean Davey (England)
Timekeeper: John McLaughlin (Scotland)
Assessor: Jim Fleming (Scotland)
Citing commissioner: Eddie Walsh (Ireland)

PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 16 Jan 2015, 2:34 pm

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:
jimbopip wrote:TJ, appearances can be deceptive. When I was chatting with him at the MFL match he looked as fit as the proverbial butcher's dog.

Jimbo - you heading over to Bath next week? Been in touch with ASBO and he's coming up for a cheeky few.

Say hello to the old boy for me, and tell him he's been sorely missed Sad

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 16 Jan 2015, 2:50 pm

An assault trial has heard how a Scotland international rugby player was dressed as Batman when he allegedly attacked an amateur player in Glasgow.

Glasgow Warriors Ryan Grant, 29, Ryan Wilson, 25 and Rory Hughes, 21, deny attacking Ally McLay, a Glasgow Hawk.

Glasgow Sheriff Court heard from amateur player Fraser Hastie who was dressed as a minion, when the alleged attack happened at Barbeque Kings.

He said Mr Wilson, who was wearing a Batman costume, punched Mr McLay.

The alleged attack is said to have taken place at the fast food outlet on the city's Great Western Road on 27 October 2013.

Fancy dress

The court heard from Mr Hastie, a player with Glasgow Hawks.

He said the men in Barbeque Kings had been on a Halloween night out and some were in fancy dress.

He described how Mr McLay came into the fast food shop.

Mr Hastie said he had been standing beside Mr Wilson, who was dressed as Batman, in the queue.

According to Mr Hastie, Mr McLay went up to Mr Wilson and said "leave it batman".

Mr Wilson took exception to this and punched Mr McLay with some force, he said.

He said Mr Grant and Mr Hughes - who are also Scotland international players - were also there.

The witness said he saw them, with Mr Wilson, standing around Mr McLay and that they were not helping him.

Mr McLay's eye had swollen very badly and there was blood on his face.

The court has been shown CCTV footage from Barbeque Kings on 27 October 2013.

In the footage, a man dressed as Batman is seen to pull another man from a chair.

Mr Hastie said Batman was Ryan Wilson and the man he pulled from the chair was Gavin Quinn.

A man dressed as a large red crayon is seen to look on during the disturbance.

The trial continues.

It's not big and it's not clever, but it did make me laugh out loud.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 16 Jan 2015, 2:53 pm

I know it is a serious matter, but it must have been very hard for the people in the court not to laugh at all that!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 16 Jan 2015, 3:04 pm

No one wanted to punch the crayon. They'd have been caught red handed...
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 16 Jan 2015, 3:05 pm

Laugh

drumroll

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 16 Jan 2015, 3:06 pm

Was it a crayon, or was it Rob Harley looking embarrassed?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 16 Jan 2015, 3:09 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
Tattie Scones RRN wrote:

Say hello to the old boy for me, and tell him he's been sorely missed  Sad

Mr Bru, it occurs to me that if I decide to drive to the west country next Sunday I'll be passing your folks' country pile. If you fancy the trip let me know.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 16 Jan 2015, 3:17 pm

Been suggested on Facebook that the Glasgow team announcement has been delayed due to the trial - this is very late for them to be fair...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 16 Jan 2015, 3:19 pm

If anyone meets up with ASBO, say hello to him for me OK Ale
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 16 Jan 2015, 3:19 pm

jimbopip wrote:Was it a crayon, or was it Rob Harley looking embarrassed?

Laugh Laugh Laugh

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by highland_scot Fri 16 Jan 2015, 3:22 pm

That's just downright inconsiderate, having the trial on the day of a Warriors team announcement... Rolling Eyes

highland_scot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 16 Jan 2015, 3:28 pm

Sounds like Ryan Wilson was channeling the Christian Bale Batman rather than the Michael Keaton version!!

At least it was just assault by Batman, and no-one resorted to Robin the place.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri 16 Jan 2015, 3:30 pm

Teams have to be in for 2pm today for a Sunday game, so they will have earned a fine.

Suppose its easy to put the court case and the late team selection together and jump to conclusions but it could be fitness/illness related.

Got to think though that it probably is the court case that's holding it up. Must have been expecting a morning verdict.

Can you imagine the team meeting... Player X you are in the team on Sunday, but only if player Y isn't serving a 3 month stretch at Her Majesty's Pleasure..

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 16 Jan 2015, 3:33 pm

It really is the last thing Townsend would want, especially for a team that prides themselves on their teamwork and squad spirit.

Doesn't look good from a community outreach point of view if players are (allegedly) attacking people in kebab shops..

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 16 Jan 2015, 3:34 pm

Holy late teamsheets, Batman.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 16 Jan 2015, 3:35 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
At least it was just assault by Batman, and no-one resorted to Robin the place.....

tomato

Not as good as Bru's!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by highland_scot Fri 16 Jan 2015, 3:35 pm

Niko will take over as a Bat(h)man later this year...

highland_scot

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri 16 Jan 2015, 3:36 pm

jimbopip wrote:

Al Kellock?

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 16 Jan 2015, 3:37 pm

Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:
jimbopip wrote:

Al Kellock?

Laugh

clap

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 16 Jan 2015, 3:40 pm

Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:
jimbopip wrote:

Al Kellock?

Outstanding.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 16 Jan 2015, 3:43 pm

Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:
jimbopip wrote:

Al Kellock?

Yahoo amazing!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 16 Jan 2015, 3:43 pm

You can imagine the confusion when the polis arrived;

"Constable take a statement from the Inspector."

"I realised that there was every likelihood that a ruck might occur so I adopted my usual position of vigilance and readiness. (Redness.said the crayon?) I paid careful attention to their footwear but thankfully there was no sign of clownshoes."

" Sarge, what kind of an Inspector is he?"

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 16 Jan 2015, 3:50 pm

jimbopip wrote:You can imagine the confusion when the polis arrived;

"Constable take a statement from the Inspector."

"I realised that there was every likelihood that a ruck might occur so I adopted my usual position of vigilance and readiness. (Redness.said the crayon?) I paid careful attention to their footwear but thankfully there was no sign of clownshoes."

" Sarge, what kind of an  Inspector is he?"
" No need to swear, Sarge, I was only asking...Oh you said a rucking inspector. What's that when it's at home then?"

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 16 Jan 2015, 3:51 pm

jimbopip wrote:An assault trial has heard how a Scotland international rugby player was dressed as Batman when he allegedly attacked an amateur player in Glasgow.

He said Mr Grant and Mr Hughes - who are also Scotland international players - were also there.

The witness said he saw them, with Mr Wilson, standing around Mr McLay and that they were not helping him.

This covers all manner of sins doesn't it!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 16 Jan 2015, 4:01 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
jimbopip wrote:An assault trial has heard how a Scotland international rugby player was dressed as Batman when he allegedly attacked an amateur player in Glasgow.

This covers all manner of sins doesn't it!

So many levels of ambiguity; that they were not helping the victim by offering first aid, not protecting the victim from Batman, not helping Batman to beat up the prostrate minion.

Also, when did Rory Hughes become a Scotland international?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 16 Jan 2015, 4:10 pm

Q. Why were they in a kebab house?
A. Clearly, they wanted their dinner dinner dinner dinner, dinner dinner dinner, Batm-aaaaaan.
Run
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 16 Jan 2015, 4:15 pm

George Carlin wrote:Q. Why were they in a kebab house?
A. Clearly, they wanted their dinner dinner dinner dinner, dinner dinner dinner, Batm-aaaaaan.
Run
You just made me spill my coke, George. It'll take make ages to get all this swept up.

Last edited by IanBru on Fri 16 Jan 2015, 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 16 Jan 2015, 4:18 pm

jimbopip wrote:Mr Bru, it occurs to me that if I decide to drive to the west country next Sunday I'll be passing your folks' country pile. If you fancy the trip let me know.
Cheers Jim, you're a gent. We're actually weighing up our options for heading to Bath ourselves, but I reckon I'll have some time to grab a cheeky pint with you and anyone else who's around. Hug
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 16 Jan 2015, 4:26 pm

Do any of the Glasgow fans on here actually live in the place??

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Fri 16 Jan 2015, 4:47 pm

More from the trial :

Question to one of the witnesses : Mr Youngson asked Mr Hastie if he could tell the court where he was on the footage. He answered: "I think I'm behind the crayon."

Priceless!

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 16 Jan 2015, 5:03 pm

Glasgow side named at last:

5. Peter Murchie
14. Tommy Seymour
13. Alex Dunbar
12. Peter Horne
11. DTH van der Merwe
10. Finn Russell
9. Niko Matawalu

1. Ryan Grant
2. Pat MacArthur
3. Jon Welsh
4. Tim Swinson
5. Jonny Gray
6. Leone Nakarawa
7. Ryan Wilson ERCC: Pool 4, Round 5 - Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault 5856
8. Josh Strauss (Captain)  king

Replacements

16. Fraser Brown
17. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
18. Mike Cusack
19. James Eddie
20. Richie Vernon
21. Henry Pyrgos
22. Mark Bennett  angel
23. Sean Maitland

So, The Messiah returns, Richie V is a forward again, Batman begins and Big Mike is on the bench. Against the light-weight Montpellier team announced today, we have to expect a TBP. Nothing less will do.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next