The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ERCC: Pool 4, Round 5 - Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault

+19
A Simply Mesmeric Try
madmaccas
teh_Dingmeister
VinceWLB
BigGee
demosthenes
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Dorothy_Mantooth
highland_scot
GLove39
IanBru
PenfroPete
Tattie Scones RRN
The Saint
TJ
jimbopip
funnyExiledScot
RDW
George Carlin
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ERCC: Pool 4, Round 5 - Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault - Page 2 Empty ERCC: Pool 4, Round 5 - Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault

Post by George Carlin Mon 12 Jan 2015, 8:55 am

First topic message reminder :

ERCC: Pool 4, Round 5 - Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault - Page 2 Glasgo10                          ERCC: Pool 4, Round 5 - Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault - Page 2 Montpe10
Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault
Pool 4, Round 5
Sunday 18 January 2015, KO 13:00
Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow

Live on Sky Sports / BeIN

Referee Luke Pearce (England)
Touch Judge 1 Matthew Carley (England)
Touch Judge 2 Robin Goodliffe (England)
Fourth Official Tom McNichol (Scotland)
TMO Sean Davey (England)

Citing Commissioner Eddie Walsh (Ireland)

A. Teams:

1. Glasgow Warriors
ERCC: Pool 4, Round 5 - Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault - Page 2 Abi_ba10

15 Pete Murchie
14 Tommy Seymour
13 Alex Dunbar
12 Peter Horne
11 DTH van der Merwe
10 Finn Russell
9 Niko Matawalu

1 Ryan Grant
2 Pat MacArthur
3 Jon Welsh
4 Tim Swinson
5 Jonny Gray
6 Leone Nakarawa
7 Ryan Wilson
8 Josh Strauss (capt)

16 Fraser Brown
17 Jerry Yanuyanutawa
18 Michael Cusack
19 James Eddie
20 Richie Vernon
21 Henry Pyrgos
22 Mark Bennett
23 Sean Maitland

2. Montpellier Herault
ERCC: Pool 4, Round 5 - Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault - Page 2 Bereni11

15 Benoit Sicart
14 Yohann Artru
13 Robert Ebersohn
12 Wynand Olivier
11 Lucas Dupont
10 Benjamin Lucas
9 Teddy Iribaren

1 Yvan Watremez
2 Mickael Ivaldi
3 Pat Cilliers
4 Robins Tchale Watchou
5 Thibaut Privat (capt)
6 Antoine Battut
7 Akapusi Qera
8 Ben Mowen

16 Thomas Bianchin
17 Na'ama Leleimalefaga
18 David Attoub
19 Alexandre Bias
20 Kelian Galletier
21 Benoit Paillaugue
22 Enzo Selponi
23 Viriviri Nasagavesi

B. Tournament Form:

1. Glasgow Warriors

13/12/14 - Glasgow 9 - 12 Toulouse

7/12/14 - Toulouse 19 - 11 Glasgow

25/10/14 - Montpellier 13 - 15 Glasgow

2. Montpellier Herault

12/12/14 - Bath 32 - 12 Montpellier

5/12/14 - Montpellier 5 - 30 Bath

25/10/14 - Montpellier 13 - 15 Glasgow

C. Head to Head

3 Played 3
2 Wins 0
0 Losses 2
1 Draws 1
2 Tries 4
1 Conversions 3
12 Penalties 5
0 Drop Goals 0
48 Points 41

Last edited by George Carlin on Fri 16 Jan 2015, 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

ERCC: Pool 4, Round 5 - Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault - Page 2 Empty Re: ERCC: Pool 4, Round 5 - Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 16 Jan 2015, 5:07 pm

Wilson at 7? Punchy choice.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

ERCC: Pool 4, Round 5 - Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault - Page 2 Empty Re: ERCC: Pool 4, Round 5 - Glasgow Warriors v Montpellier Herault

Post by RDW Fri 16 Jan 2015, 5:13 pm

I definitely think a new nickname has been born!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 16 Jan 2015, 5:18 pm

You really could not make this up, it is like Fools and horses all over again!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 16 Jan 2015, 5:21 pm

Maitland can't be pleased that he's not first choice for Glasgow anymore!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 16 Jan 2015, 5:24 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Maitland can't be pleased that he's not first choice for Glasgow anymore!

Well when your try scoring record is worse than a tight head prop, he doesn't have much to complain about

Unless he's one of those wingers that isn't meant to score tries because of his 'all round game'!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 16 Jan 2015, 5:43 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:Maitland can't be pleased that he's not first choice for Glasgow anymore!

Well when your try scoring record is worse than a tight head prop, he doesn't have much to complain about

Unless he's one of those wingers that isn't meant to score tries because of his 'all round game'!
"Glasgow coach embroiled in 'squad rotation' scandal"...
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri 16 Jan 2015, 5:54 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Wilson at 7? Punchy choice.

Thank goodness I was on my mobile when I read this. I was about to write about no other options etc. by the time I had logged in the penny had dropped!

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 16 Jan 2015, 6:10 pm

The article has been updated - sounds a lot more serious than the one posted earlier, and implicates the other two

An assault trial has heard how a Scotland international rugby player was dressed as Batman when he allegedly attacked an amateur player in Glasgow.

Glasgow Warriors Ryan Grant, 29, Ryan Wilson, 25 and Rory Hughes, 21, deny attacking Ally Maclay, a Glasgow Hawk.

Glasgow Sheriff Court heard from amateur player Fraser Hastie, who was dressed as a minion when the alleged attack happened at Barbeque Kings.

He said Mr Wilson, who was wearing a Batman costume, punched Mr Maclay.

Mr Hastie, 20, was giving evidence in the trial of the three Glasgow Warriors players Mr Wilson, Mr Grant and Mr Hughes.

They are accused of, whilst acting together, assaulting Mr Maclay at the food outlet on Great Western Road.

Halloween night out
It is alleged Mr Grant, from Hyndland, Glasgow, with Mr Wilson and Mr Hughes, punched him on the face, knocked him to the ground and repeatedly punched and kicked him on the face and body to his severe injury.

Mr Wilson, from Bearsden, East Dunbartonshire, is accused of assaulting Gavin Quinn at the same place on the same day, by taking hold of his clothing, pulling him from a chair and placing his head in a head lock and struggling with him.

He faces another charge of assaulting Mr Quinn, along with Mr Hughes, who is from King's Park, Glasgow, by repeatedly punching him on the head.

Mr Hastie told the court he had been at a night out in Viper, in the city's west end, for Halloween with other rugby players and had gone into Barbeque Kings around 02:00.

He said that he was dressed as a minion - a character from the film Despicable Me - and while in the takeaway heard a "ruckus" and a "thump".

Mr Hastie said that he saw a man called Gavin Quinn on the floor and Mr Wilson standing beside him looking down in his direction.

Procurator fiscal depute Alastair Youngson asked: "Could you tell us what Ryan Wilson was dressed as, if anything?" The witness replied: "I think he was dressed as Batman."

The court heard Mr Quinn got up from the floor and that there was "grabbing and pushing" between him and Mr Wilson.

It was heard that Mr Wilson then joined the queue for food and made small talk with Mr Hastie.

Mr Hastie told how Mr Maclay came in to the restaurant and hugged Mr Quinn.

He claimed Mr Maclay then walked over to Mr Wilson and said "Leave it Batman."

Mr Youngson asked the witness if it was suggested to him that Mr Maclay was looking for trouble.

'Threw a punch'
Mr Hastie replied: "If Ally was looking for trouble? Definitely not."

Asked what the response to the comment was he said: "The response to that was Ryan Wilson obviously took exception to what was said and threw a punch in Ally's direction which hit him in the face."

He added: "Ally then staggered back and fell over with the momentum of the hit he received, as he fell he went to grab something to keep his balance in which I believe he grabbed hold of Gav and Ally Maclay fell to the ground in the corner of the restaurant."

Mr Hastie told the court that Mr Wilson went over to Mr Maclay and others, including Ryan Grant - who was dressed as Bain, from the Batman film, The Dark Knight Rises - and Rory Hughes who were in the same area of the restaurant.

The witness said that he saw Mr Maclay on the floor in the corner of the restaurant.

He said: "His eye had swollen very badly in which he couldn't see out of it, it had closed completely over. There was blood on his face."

The court was shown CCTV footage of part of the incident during which a man dressed as a large red crayon is seen to look on.

The witness was then asked to comment on what he saw.

He said Mr Wilson pulled Mr Quinn from the chair he was sitting at and that was what the thump was that he heard.

Mr Youngson asked Mr Hastie if he could tell the court where he was on the footage. He answered: "I think I'm behind the crayon."

The three accused deny the charges and Mr Wilson has lodged a special defence of self-defence on a charge of assaulting Mr Quinn.

The trial before sheriff Martin Jones QC continues.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 16 Jan 2015, 6:20 pm

Away from the hilarity, it's a team set up to go for broke. Toonie has said we need 9 points from these two games and with Naka at 6, Jedi and Richie V covering lock/back row and Bluto and Batman starting there is no shortage of ball carriers in the pack. Interestingly there's no room for Hogg (injured?) and NoMaits is on the bench. I think it's 5 points to the Warriors...unless Pellie go all French on us and play as if they haven't a care in the world.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 16 Jan 2015, 7:49 pm

Agree it sounds a great deal more serious.

But also with some delightful new details. Ryan Grant was dressed as Bane! The friend of the alleged victim was dressed as a minion! Add in batman & the mysterious red crayon and ohhh the CCTV must make for amazing viewing!

If ever there was a time you'd want to be called for jury duty it'd be this case!

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 16 Jan 2015, 7:56 pm

I can't stop making the comparison to this:

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 17 Jan 2015, 8:02 am

That looks more like Dougie Hall and Richie Vernon!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 18 Jan 2015, 7:50 am

jimbopip wrote:TJ, appearances can be deceptive. When I was chatting with him at the MFL match he looked as fit as the proverbial butcher's dog.
I blame these tight fit jerseys we all have to wear nowadays, even I look less than svelte in one. The low point of my season was one of my team-mates' wives who had turns up to laugh watch a Vet's match shouting, " Jimbo, breathe in, Jimbo for god's sake breathe in."

I am sure he is very fit and in actual fact low % body fat. However his shape and his round face just made him look like a tub of lard

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 18 Jan 2015, 1:09 pm

Anyone able to explain that lineout penalty against Glasgow? Looked like any lineout set up you normally see..

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 18 Jan 2015, 1:14 pm

Very, very forward pass for that try! Wasn't even close!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 18 Jan 2015, 1:14 pm

Might have been a midge forward!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 18 Jan 2015, 1:21 pm

Got the making of a high scoring game this.

I wish we had started with Henry though, Niko being a bit wild when we need some control.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 18 Jan 2015, 1:36 pm

Really going for it - they know they need the bonus point

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 18 Jan 2015, 1:37 pm

Blowing too many chances tho. 3 times stopped just short

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 18 Jan 2015, 1:38 pm

Making some poor decisions, really need a score here

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun 18 Jan 2015, 1:38 pm

Wow this is pathetic. TJ do you still think Glasgow have improved from previous seasons?

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by teh_Dingmeister Sun 18 Jan 2015, 1:40 pm

Glasgow are not being clinical enough, Montpellier are definitely up for this. Need to have gone for goal all those penalties ago

teh_Dingmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 18 Jan 2015, 1:40 pm

Well Glasgow setting out their stall, its 5 points or nothing

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 18 Jan 2015, 1:40 pm

Yes - by a long long way. One of the best european teams over this season so far. And I am an edinburgh fan

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 18 Jan 2015, 1:41 pm

Glasgow making a mess of things here - blown too many opportunities so far.

Last edited by RDW_Scotland on Sun 18 Jan 2015, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 18 Jan 2015, 1:43 pm

Wrong option by Horne

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 18 Jan 2015, 1:46 pm

Can't watch this as I is at work. Summaries of the first half, please?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 18 Jan 2015, 1:48 pm

This has got shades of Cardiff last year. Just need some control and some patience. Can win it and score the tries but could just as easily make a hash of it. I think we will see some early subs in the second half if we don't score quickly. They can risk not winning the game as they could still go through with 18 points. We have left 9 points in penalties out there in the first half!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Sun 18 Jan 2015, 1:50 pm

Some funny decisions being made in this game. Hasn't helped that every time Welsh touches the ball he screws up.

I hate to reiterate the commentators but we've got to get the win before we start thinking about the bonus point.

madmaccas

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 18 Jan 2015, 2:05 pm

BigGee wrote:This has got shades of Cardiff last year. Just need some control and some patience. Can win it and score the tries but could just as easily make a hash of it. I think we will see some early subs in the second half if we don't score quickly. They can risk not winning the game as they could still go through with 18 points. We have left 9 points in penalties out there in the first half!

Oh god. I watched both of those games and know exactly what you mean. We need to execute and be tight. I presume that if it's a nice night, we are getting offload-fever and flinging it around like we're all Fijian or something. Out fitness is good, so we just need to be patient. Gaps will come.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Sun 18 Jan 2015, 2:09 pm

So much domination during the first half and only 7 points to show for it. I don't want to see the stats. Seems like the errors are getting to some of the players to. Only Seymour and one or two others look sharp enough to do something.
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 18 Jan 2015, 2:10 pm

Glasgow need to make sure they win this first - they are currently losing!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 18 Jan 2015, 2:13 pm

Scoring no points at all during a sin bin period is very, very bad.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 18 Jan 2015, 2:14 pm

Fraser Brown replaces Pat MacArthur, Henry Pyrgos on for Niko Matawalu & Mark Bennett on for Peter Horne. Fingers Crossed
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 18 Jan 2015, 2:17 pm

About time.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 2:17 pm

DTH double Yahoo

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 18 Jan 2015, 2:18 pm

At last, good subs, Henry made a difference.

Game on!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 2:27 pm

Nothing beats the site of Ickle Gray going on a rampage

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 2:28 pm

Should have been a second yellow

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Sun 18 Jan 2015, 2:29 pm

DTH HATRICK HERO!!
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 18 Jan 2015, 2:29 pm

VinceWLB wrote:Wow this is pathetic. TJ do you still think Glasgow have improved from previous seasons?

got a hat to eat?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 18 Jan 2015, 2:29 pm

DTH what a try!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 2:31 pm

Noooooooooooooooo, not Strauss

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 18 Jan 2015, 2:32 pm

This is not good for Josh, no splinting of it, so hopefully not as bad as it looks

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 18 Jan 2015, 2:36 pm

Glasgow didn't need to run from their own 22. They still have time, they just wasted some.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun 18 Jan 2015, 2:36 pm

Nakarawa is having an absolute mare, feel a bit sorry for him

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by teh_Dingmeister Sun 18 Jan 2015, 2:37 pm

Don't think Glasgow have the time to get a fourth try right now. Can't help but feel they needed to build up the points before going for the tries as much as it pains me to acknowledge Barnes and Harrison.

teh_Dingmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Sun 18 Jan 2015, 2:39 pm

Montpellier are trying hard not to concede a 4th try, almost harder than Glasgow. Couldn't they just do Glasgow a favour and give up... Pwitty pwease!
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Sun 18 Jan 2015, 2:40 pm

The Coo made an instant impact there!
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun 18 Jan 2015, 2:41 pm

Cusack in, scrum penalty. Thats more like it.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next