The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE WWE NETWORK IS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK

+19
Dolphin Ziggler
djcc2004
Prometheus
Ritsos
crippledtart
Nay
Samo
Hero
liverbnz
Clunge4life
Kay Fabe
Paul Mac 6CW
NickisBHAFC
Marky
Gregers
PaulHeymanGuy
Shot 21 LCFC
Fernando
BD21
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

THE WWE NETWORK IS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK - Page 2 Empty THE WWE NETWORK IS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK

Post by BD21 Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:32 am

First topic message reminder :

I've come home from work and I am sat watching Summerslam 2013 on the WWE Network via my Xbox One.

It finally happened! It's here!!!!!!!!!!!!

BD21

Back to top Go down

THE WWE NETWORK IS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK - Page 2 Empty Re: THE WWE NETWORK IS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK

Post by Samo Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:10 pm

What platform are you on Crips? I've been using it on my PS3 and never had that happen. Unless its a UK version thing.

Samo

Back to top Go down

THE WWE NETWORK IS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK - Page 2 Empty Re: THE WWE NETWORK IS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK

Post by Crimey Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:17 pm

Prometheus wrote:Has anyone who had signed up prior to the UK launch had trouble accessing the Network?  When I try to log in on my iPad it gives me an error.  Though there is no problem with the email and password.  I'm just wondering if it learnt where I am using the location function and is now stopping my access.  No biggy as obviously I can now sign up to the UK version.  Just wondering.

Try clearing cookies, my house's US account had a problem with this for a while but worked fine after clearing cookies.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:29 pm

Samo I am using a pc.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:30 pm

Thanks Crimey. I'll try that.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:43 pm

First PPV I watched was Tuesday In Texas , even more obscure tha  the 93 Rumble

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:33 am

I am pretty sure that the repeats of the recent PPVs dont have the markers on them. I am pretty sure, but not 100% anyway

Also, I believe the match start and the match finish markers are different colours so once you learn which is what then it should be easy enough for anyone but a computer illiterate moron (crips)

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:20 am

New PPV's + new episodes of NXT do not have the markers.

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:24 am

I loved Tuesday in Texas as a kid. It was terrible but I loved it. It was the first PPV I watched where I was anticipating the matches; before that I used to just watch the occasional PPV without knowing what the card was or what the storylines were.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:43 am

I think it was around that time SKY was becoming more and more popular in British homes and more and more peoplr our age at the time 8-12 would be getting more and more into it and getting to see it on a regular basis, wonder why Vince didn't try more events like that in 93 and 94 although he did inteoduce KotR to PPV back then

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:51 pm

Backlash 2004 - that match between Cactus Jack and Randy Orton was brutal!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:25 am

I watched the Royal Rumble on my PS4 as the UK is now allowed to have the Network, yet as I set up my account as a US one, I'm not paying £9.99, I'm still paying $9.99, which works out to around £6.50 per month. Can't knock it.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:49 am

Came home to watch the PPV on the Network. Hit 'watch from the beginning' and it goes straight to the end with Reigns and the Rock. Thanks WWE.

I also couldn't fast forward past bits I managed to stay awake for last night, buffering issues early on and then rubbish sound interference from the table bump till the end of the PPV.

All this despite a few reboots and a delete and reinstall. Complete and utter joke.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:46 pm

Cant say i've ever had that problem. That sucks

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:59 pm

Don't understand that. Had no problems yet, I also thought the stream and quality on Sunday night was brilliant.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:21 pm

It's the 2nd time I've had issues with it jumping randomly to the end of the PPV. Did the same with the Suvivor Series and ruined Sting showing up. I think a few others had a similar issues yesterday but it didn't seem that common. Can't find anyone else with the sound issue though, really weird.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:08 am

liverbnz wrote:Came home to watch the PPV on the Network. Hit 'watch from the beginning' and it goes straight to the end with Reigns and the Rock. Thanks WWE.

I also couldn't fast forward past bits I managed to stay awake for last night, buffering issues early on and then rubbish sound interference from the table bump till the end of the PPV.

All this despite a few reboots and a delete and reinstall. Complete and utter joke.
Sounds like you were watching it on the "live stream" channel rather than the on-demand. You need to clock "In Ring" then "PPVS".

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:54 am

February is free for new subscribers and for those that were amongst the first UK fans to subscribe

So free month for all of us i guess...

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:11 am

You are currently subscribed to WWE Network.

Your billing period begins on Sunday, March 01, 2015

^ That's what mine says...

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:13 am

I think its damage limitation after the Rumble.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:19 am

To be fair i saw rumors about this before the Rumble Ok!

http://www.sescoops.com/wwe-offering-another-free-month-wwe-network/

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:36 pm

2002 must be the greatest and most star studded card in Summerslam history.

Kurt Angle v Rey Mysterio. Chris Jericho v Ric Flair. Edge v Eddie Guerrero. Lance Storm and Christian v Booker T and Goldust. Rob Van Dam v Chris Benoit. The Undertaker v Test. Shawn Michaels v Triple H. The Rock very Brock Lesnar. Seriously.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:01 pm

This week I've watched No Way Out 2000 and 2002.

Currently watching last years elimination chamber. Big E vs Swagger was an awesome match. Shame Big E is apart of the job squad and Swagger is being treated awfully.

The Shield vs The Wyatt family was my favourite match in 2014.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:10 am

I'm rewatching 2014 currently and thought Big E's match with Rusev was decent too. Should have used Big E in Big Show's place within the Authority.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:34 am

Really wish Swagger was used better as well. Hopefully when Zeb is back, they can do something decent again.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:14 am

Watched Armageddon 2000 earlier on. That 6 man Cell match is seriously under-rated.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:45 am

My girlfriend wants to relive her wrestling childhood so we've started watching the PPV's starting with Royal Rumble 1992 just finished watching King of the Ring 1994 - loving the memories
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:58 am

Rumble 92 (the Rumble itself) is still my favourite match of all time. And KOTR 1993 is criminally underrated.

I'm loving The Network!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:12 am

I think I must have watched over 20 PPVs now. Plus every single Monday Night War and Rivalries. Halfway through the Countdowns and started Legends Of Wrestling.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:33 am

Monday Night Wars is a really good watch even if it gets a bit repetitive.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:20 pm

I've been watching this on my Samsung Smart TV, now I can't seem to login on it, it says "no user feature context mappong available"...anyone else having these issues?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:28 pm

I'm having the same problem on my iPad. Saying my account isn't registered

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:55 am

I've not tried it on any other device,  I was just looking to kill time for an hour or so earlier, it was working fine on Friday when I last used it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:15 am

Did it count February as a trial month maybe?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:18 pm

No idea, it randomly started working again, not sure if my wifi signal might just have been weak for an hour or so, its been almost perfect since I started using it in the middle of January

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:20 am

Mine is also working today...strange

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:41 am

Heard they will be doing another free (for new users) month in April.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:13 am

If I got that right, the Network has 1.3M subscribers.

It is an interesting number as WWE needs an average of around 1M subscribers across a year to be making its money.

It is obviously not a number that is exciting Wall Street as the stock has gone down about 10% since they disclosed this number around 15 minutes ago Erm
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:33 am

I think the Network will be a slow burner, I'd imagine in about 5 years time there will be a few million subscribers

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:08 am

It's very poor right now, for now WWE seem like they're going to stick at it, which is probably the right decision, but it will test them because there will be a temptation to go back to the PPV model.

Their numbers have to be much better than that to make the Network a worthwhile investment. I'm just not sure what else they can do, that's two Wrestlemanias now which have failed to get people paying for the Network. Two Wrestlemanias which have featured huge names like Hogan, Rock, Austin, Lesnar, Cena etc.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:18 am

WWE announced a slew of new and original content to be added to the network. Including:

Camp WWE: Seth Greens new animated series about the WWE superstars as kids at summer camp. Billed as an adult comedy.

Swerved: Teaming up with Jackass creator Jeff Tremaine - no idea what this is.

Diva Search - A return of the reality show which found such gems as Layla and Eve Torres.

Jerry Springer presents WWE Too hot for TV - Oh good god.

Live! with Chris Jericho - a monthly, Network exclusive version of Talk is Jericho, with John Cena the first participant.

Unfiltered with Renee Young - Interviews with superstars and pop-culture celebs.

Culture Shock with Corey Graves - Examining the local culture of the places WWE tour in. Could be interesting.

WWE The List - Another list based show?

New episodes of Rivalries and Countdown, plus Hulk Hogans Rock and Wrestling comes to the Network.

The biggest thing of note is the introduction of monthly live NXT Takeover specials. Not super excited about this because I think it will stop making the specials seem special. I prefer the almost bi-monthly schedule they have now.

Doesnt seem like a lot of stuff that would entice someone to sign up. Could be worse, but could be a lot better.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:37 am

The Jackass one is apparently going to be pranking WWE staff and wrestlers.

The cartoon will probably appeal to the same people who like South Park and Family Guy. 

Not a fan of Jericho's podcast really.

I think it's just good that they are making original programming, I might not watch most of it but the Network hasn't created enough original programming for my liking.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:03 am

I'm cancelling anyways, I might wait until the next PPV and see what this original programming is all about but I've seen all I need to see just now

Watching the PPV next day on demand is handy but im not someone who bothered with buying PPV's anyway outwith Mania and the Rumble, the fact that I could just rejoin again at anytime if a PPV looks good is appealing  tho'

its a handy tool but not something I think im too fussed with on a permanent basus

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:30 am

What their figures seem to suggest is that around 80% of the programming that people watch on the Network is original programming.

So, what WWE are trying to do is to create (as cost-effectively as possible) more original content.

The problem with that may be that the original programming people are watching are the NXT and PPV wrestling shows, so how ready are people to watch other shows?

I know I'm often surprised that there is a channel playing when I open it, as I only go there to watch specific items, like NXT. So for me it is a portal that hosts content I'm interested in, not an alternative TV channel.

Speaking of NXT I know they are adding recruits to it, but hope they are not diluting that impactful 1 hour per week and bi-monthly PPV shows.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:34 am

Prometheus wrote:
Speaking of NXT I know they are adding recruits to it, but hope they are not diluting that impactful 1 hour per week and bi-monthly PPV shows.

I heard they'd signed Uhaa Nation from DragonGate.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Update: WWE have announced that NXT specials will NOT be moving to a monthly schedule but remain quarterly. Good move in my mind.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:17 pm

Samo wrote:Update: WWE have announced that NXT specials will NOT be moving to a monthly schedule but remain quarterly. Good move in my mind.

Yes. Part of me is disappointed, because I'm greedy and want more of it. But then my brain tells me that it is better to have a super high quality event every quarter rather than dipping the quality just to have more of them.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:51 am

Watching the new Tough Enough, having Bill DeMott on it is kinda awkward...

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:00 am

Its an old series, isn't it?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:02 am

Dunno. They added it yesterday with Tuesday's date on.

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:03 am

Ha. Yeah. I didn't look at the year!

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next