The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murray, His Mum And His Girlfriend Are All The Same

+24
summerblues
Henman Bill
Haddie-nuff
FedsFan
djlovesyou
Calder106
Jahu
invisiblecoolers
Born Slippy
Silver
bogbrush
JuliusHMarx
R!skysports
Josiah Maiestas
CaledonianCraig
Aut0Gr4ph
coolpixel
temporary21
sportslover
HM Murdock
It Must Be Love
Danny_1982
banbrotam
hawkeye
28 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Murray, His Mum And His Girlfriend Are All The Same - Page 2 Empty Murray, His Mum And His Girlfriend Are All The Same

Post by hawkeye Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:21 am

First topic message reminder :

When I checked to see who had won today's semi I have to say I was not only a little surprised about the result but the score looked a little odd too. So I looked for a match report and then I found a possible explanation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2931318/Kim-Sears-apparently-calls-Tomas-Berdych-Czech-flash-f-Andy-Murray-books-Australian-Open-final-spot-tense-match.html

The first set reminded me of a certain match with Del Potro. You know the one "You and your mother always the same".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkhkYBO0KeU

Neither Del Potro nor Berdych look the types to be able to handle such bully boy tactics very well, did the off court outburst affect Berdych enough to throw him off?

Last edited by hawkeye on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:52 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Clearer Title and description for OP purposes of thread)

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Murray, His Mum And His Girlfriend Are All The Same - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray, His Mum And His Girlfriend Are All The Same

Post by temporary21 Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:46 am

Good gents ok ill put title back if HE posts exactl what it was again

My apologies I cant spend every second checking the forum, I was working...

Couldnt HE have just posted the old title and JHm copy paste it? Instead of all this. The original title was extremely confusing, and the OP complained that people were off topic, soo I made it more clear.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Murray, His Mum And His Girlfriend Are All The Same - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray, His Mum And His Girlfriend Are All The Same

Post by temporary21 Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:48 am

But serious warning, the original title was clearly intended to be confusing and Wummish. If this gets out of hand in any way ill lock this immediately. This is a prime tennis weekend, I'm not gonna be dealing with any childish s***

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:51 am

The title didnt break the rules, I changed it because HE specifically complained that people wernt talking about what she wanted.

When I changed it to reflect that, she said that wasnt it. I made a new suggestion and shes replied yes.

I felt that response was enough for me to leave you all for just a bit to get something done.
Why again couldn't you all have got another Mod to do this?

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:51 am

HM Murdoch wrote:As 6'5" and 6'6" elite athletes, Berdych and Del Potro are certainly prime candidates to be intimidated by people's mums and girlfriends.

Laugh

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:53 am

I'm not sick or tired, at all.

Is HE female too?

I'm confused about genders today Laugh
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:53 am

emancipator wrote:Didn't Djokovic once shout out to the crowd, 'now you will all suck my D1ck'?

Yes he did that in Toronto. thumbsup

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:57 am

invisiblecoolers wrote:
emancipator wrote:Didn't Djokovic once shout out to the crowd, 'now you will all suck my D1ck'?

Yes he did that in Toronto. thumbsup
I think it was Rome. Or maybe it was ALSO Rome!

Can Jahu translate?

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:02 am

Madrid 2013, not Toronto.

He was generous and unmarried, so please forgive Djoko Laugh

Edited.

Last edited by Jahu on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:04 am

This too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koTTY3QuLcQ

Does it affect my opinion of Federer at all? Of course not. Hes a human being, and he lost his temper a bit, as all humans do.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:05 am

temporary21 wrote:The title didnt break the rules, I changed it because HE specifically complained that people wernt talking about what she wanted.

When I changed it to reflect that, she said that wasnt it. I made a new suggestion and shes replied yes.

I felt that response was enough for me to leave you all for just a bit to get something done.

I think you handled it well.

I also think the stick you took wasn't justified.

The OP should make it clear from the off.

Lastly, they came to you as you are a tennis mod Smile take it as a compliment as they have you handle it rather than someone not familiar with the section.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:06 am

Ok wrong.

MADRID 2013 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4UlpyYqTUU

Now you can licky licky my dïcky dïcky he says.

Pardon my lingo, complaints to be sent to HMMMMM Smile

Last edited by Jahu on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:07 am

I dont mind a complaint. However if after the 5th time in a row theres a complaint, with no reply from me, its conceivable that im not here.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:09 am

I like needle on matches. If the fans give it to you, give it right back I say. But not in Cantona style though Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:09 am

Personally, it doesn't bother me either way - a turd is a turd however you want to dress it up so to speak and that is what this article is like.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:11 am

Tempo21 have you been elevated above JHM now as a Mod?

As sure you are working 6 times more here, then him Laugh thumbsup
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:21 am

The crucial question from the OP as I see it is this:

Did Sears' rant in any way affect the outcome of the match.
I think the answer from me, and probably the vast majority of people who watched the match, is a resounding no.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:25 am

Cost Andy a time violation I think?

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:44 am

Dont care, just watched Kim swearing, and she has gone 2 points up my Lady scale, and she stands at 6/10 now.

Last edited by Jahu on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:45 am

Is that because she'll call you a flash f***? Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:46 am

Hahaah, Flash as in TV running guy, or Flash as in Flash the tools Laugh

I can re-flash her firmware then Smile
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:53 am

temporary21 wrote:The title didnt break the rules, I changed it because HE specifically complained that people wernt talking about what she wanted.

Shocked I didn't complain that people were off topic. Are you referring to this?

hawkeye wrote:

But my article wasn't just about Murray's girlfriends involvement. I wanted to know who was the better player and all this rubbish has got in the way. It's like the under 12's Rolling Eyes

By "all this rubbish" I was referring to the argy bargy in the first set were Murray tried to intimidate Berdych including his fiancee's rant at Berdych. ie I wanted a clean tennis match were forehands and backhands determined the winner and not pathetic "i'm better than you intimidation" as happens in the under 12 leagues. I hope that is clear?

I will put the title back as it was now that it's been agreed that I can.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:55 am

You want clean tennis matches HE? Not a fan of rule-breaking I take it?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:58 am

Clean? Laugh

That will be a tough one to follow for a Rafa fan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:01 am

Leave him alone guys, Nadal is out, so HE with lots of time on his hands.

Keep it cool, keep it cool Smile
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:04 am

hawkeye wrote:

By "all this rubbish" I was referring to the argy bargy in the first set were Murray tried to intimidate Berdych including his fiancee's rant at Berdych. ie I wanted a clean tennis match were forehands and backhands determined the winner and not pathetic "i'm better than you intimidation" as happens in the under 12 leagues. I hope that is clear?
I understand what you're saying; but it's up to you to show why that made a difference on the match. Berdych is 29 years old, it doesn't seem likely at all he would be overly bothered by what Kim Sears had to say.

legendkiller wrote:That will be a tough one to follow for a Rafa fan.
What do you mean LK ?

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:06 am

Meaning IMBL if I was running my mouth and advocating for "clean" tennis in the spirit and rules of the game, I certainly wouldn't be a Rafa fan if I was that staunch in those principles Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:11 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:Meaning IMBL if I was running my mouth and advocating for "clean" tennis in the spirit and rules of the game, I certainly wouldn't be a Rafa fan if I was that staunch in those principles Wink
Why ?
It is entirely possible to be a fan of a player, but still feel that there are many things the player does which is not right, simply because that player is not perfect.
Nadal is no exception, he frequently breaks the time rule between serves, and in general he is not one of the best sportsman on the tour. My view is that it is very unlikely that the best sportsman on tour are in the top 30; I have a feeling the best sportsman are unlikely to have the ruthlessness to even get into the top 50.
That doesn't mean advocation of good sportsmanship, and thinking that swearing is inappropriate on a tennis court or in the crowd, means you have to support the player ranked 112 who turns out actually to be the best sportsman on tour.
Most humans have flaws, and being a fan of a player is recognising that aspect too.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:18 am

Jahu wrote:Tempo21 have you been elevated above JHM now as a Mod?

As sure you are working 6 times more here, then him Laugh thumbsup
JMM is an absentee landlord. How he justifies his fee I don't know.

If he carries on like this I'm cancelling my subscription.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:18 am

It Must Be Love wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:Meaning IMBL if I was running my mouth and advocating for "clean" tennis in the spirit and rules of the game, I certainly wouldn't be a Rafa fan if I was that staunch in those principles Wink
Why ?
It is entirely possible to be a fan of a player, but still feel that there are many things the player does which is not right, simply because that player is not perfect.
Nadal is no exception, he frequently breaks the time rule between serves, and in general he is not one of the best sportsman on the tour. My view is that it is very unlikely that the best sportsman on tour are in the top 30; I have a feeling the best sportsman are unlikely to have the ruthlessness to even get into the top 50.
That doesn't mean advocation of good sportsmanship, and thinking that swearing is inappropriate on a tennis court or in the crowd, means you have to support the player ranked 112 who turns out actually to be the best sportsman on tour.
Most humans have flaws, and being a fan of a player is recognising that aspect too.

It's pure contradictory tripe.

You either embrace all unpleasantries that go with the sport or not at all. You can't cherry pick and make exceptions to suit your agenda. It holds no creditability whatsoever. To make a sweeping statement that clean tennis was not present when supporting someone who has been done for on court coaching.

Me? I accept it. As you say no-one is perfect. What I don't like is the self-righteousness crap that no-one else does it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:19 am

Yea, I'm not sending my kids to Nadals Academy...
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:24 am

Can the OP please explain why she thinks that the Rome match with Delpo can be related to prove her title. Delpo made a remark about Judy Murray while he and Andy were having a spat. Judy was not involved at all. So how does that prove thy are all the same.

As for todays match yes there was a bit of needle in Set 1 which Berdych won. It came from both sides and didn't detract from the tennis. So in answer to your question about who deserved to win. Berydch deserved Set 1 and Murray the other 3. That's how it turned out.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:25 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:
Why ?

It's pure contradictory tripe.

You either embrace all unpleasantries that go with the sport or not at all. You can't cherry pick and make exceptions to suit your agenda. It holds no creditability whatsoever. To make a sweeping statement that clean tennis was not present when supporting someone who has been done for on court coaching.

Me? I accept it. As you say no-one is perfect. What I don't like is the self-righteousness crap that no-one else does it.
This comes down to personal taste. Most of us view swearing as an "unclean" thing in tennis. He thinks Nadals slowness is annoying, and that hes too competitive to be good sportsman, but he doesnt think what he does is unclean, certainly not as unclean as swearing

Things are rarely black and white

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:25 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:
I would agree with you that the pretence it is only one player/ one camp who acts badly at times is inaccurate and lacks perspective.
However I hope you understand my point that it is perfectly possible to be a Nadal fan, and still acknowledge that he is not perfect, and also stand against swearing by Kim, breaking time rules etc.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:26 am

Yeah in the Rome case Delpo was in the wrong, he said something highly unsavoury and Andy responded, it was Delpo trying to bully Andy. He in fact apologised to Andy after the US open 08 Quarterfinal for it.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:28 am

IMBL, you being a Nadal fan, makes you a little naughy and unsporty and unclean.

Don't fight it with 5 meters of soothing comments Laugh
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:31 am

It Must Be Love wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:
I would agree with you that the pretence it is only one player/ one camp who acts badly at times is inaccurate and lacks perspective.
However I hope you understand my point that it is perfectly possible to be a Nadal fan, and still acknowledge that he is not perfect, and also stand against swearing by Kim, breaking time rules etc.

Ah but the fan in question is of the belief Nadal walks on water Wink

Like I say we are not perfect. You have spent years arguing when fans put the boot in as have many others. It's murky waters to think one individual doesn't conduct themselves "cleanly"

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:08 am

I have a fairly straight forward view of all this. Kim's swearing, Novak asking an entire crowd to perform an act on him, Federer telling Novak's team to shut up or swearing at Murray... Even Rafa barging Rosol.

It's all ok by me. Jesus, do we want robots? The intensity that comes from these rivalries is what makes great sport. Great competitors (and their teams) doing all they can for victory. It is inevitably going to spill over from time to time. And long may it continue.

As for Kim, I don't think I've ever found her more relatable! (Or attractive, but that's a story it's best we don't get into Laugh ) The only thing I think she should regret is the Czech reference. If she'd just called him a flash f**k then it would have been brilliant.

Sport at the elite level is intensely adversarial, and will spill over from time to time. As if f*****g should do. Laugh

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:23 am

Calder106 wrote:Can the OP please explain why she thinks that the Rome match with Delpo can be related to prove her title. Delpo made a remark about Judy Murray while he and Andy were having a spat. Judy was not involved at all. So how does that prove thy are all the same.

As for todays match yes there was a bit of needle in Set 1 which Berdych won. It came from both sides and didn't detract from the tennis. So in answer to your question about who deserved to win. Berydch deserved Set 1 and Murray the other 3. That's how it turned out.

Did you watch the video of the Rome match I linked in my article? The "spat" you refereed to was Murray Whinging to the umpire because he said Del Potro had hit a volley at him. As we all know it is legitimate play to hit a volley at an opponent at the net and sometime it is the best play tactically. Of course Murray must have known this also and so did the Umpire and Del Potro. Despite this Murray continued whinging for ages and eventually Del Potro retorted "You and your Mother are both the same". Perhaps the same at whinging? Murray's fiancee swore at Berdych. Just like Murray was aggressive  towards Berdych's team.

The other similarity is the way Murray was whinging to the umpire about Berdych (asking about the balls and saying "well done Tomas") Murray also yelled at Berdych after a net exchange. I haven't heard about any needle from Berdych. What did he do?

Berdych's level dropped considerably after the first set. Of course this could have happened anyway but I suspect intimidation played a part.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:38 am

hawkeye wrote:

The other similarity is the way Murray was whinging to the umpire about Berdych (asking about the balls and saying "well done Tomas") Murray also yelled at Berdych after a net exchange. I haven't heard about any needle from Berdych. What did he do?

So Murray was whinging to the umpire about Berdych whinging to the umpire? That's 1-1 in a 'whinging to the umpire' competition.

As for the verbals at the net thing, you seem fine with lovely Rafa's big roaring, leg kicking, Vamos's at the net while glaring straight at his opposition. That's called being competitive. Part of big boy professional sport is to get a mental edge over the person you're playing.

If it makes the opponent cry and lose a set to love, they need to take a look at themselves. If it makes a fan of their opposition cry, they need to take a look at perhaps taking up another hobby.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:47 am

So one random comment in a 12 year career about Judy Murray proves your point I don't think so. Yes hitting a ball at your opponent is legitimate so maybe Murray should not have been complaining about it. However I remember you having a go at Murray when he did something similar in the Lendl era. Maybe he knew the rules better by then.

As for the match itself. Tomas was trying to get into Andy's mind as much as the other way around. The stare when Murray broke back in Set 1. The demand to change balls when serving at 5-5 30-30 was very similar to what he did in Paris a few years ago. It's high intensity tennis and players are looking for any edge they can get.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by Aut0Gr4ph Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:52 am

djlovesyou wrote:
hawkeye wrote:

So Murray was whinging to the umpire about Berdych whinging to the umpire? That's 1-1 in a 'whinging to the umpire' competition.

As for the verbals at the net thing, you seem fine with lovely Rafa's big roaring, leg kicking, Vamos's at the net while glaring straight at his opposition. That's called being competitive. Part of big boy professional sport is to get a mental edge over the person you're playing.

If it makes the opponent cry and lose a set to love, they need to take a look at themselves. If it makes a fan of their opposition cry, they need to take a look at perhaps taking up another hobby.
clap Nicely put. Over to you HE.....

Aut0Gr4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by FedsFan Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:01 am

It is not the first time something like this has happened and it certainly won't be the last. There I was thinking 'Cry Baby' was shameful back in November!

I have not watched much of Murray this year but I felt he was really turning on the fist pumps and stares in this match maybe because of the whole Vallverdu element. Frankly i found it irritating and what was more irritating than that was Kim Sears! She knows the lens is on her and should show some decorum and that goes for Mirka too!

FedsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:57 pm

Hooray to that!!
Maybe all eyes should be on Xscia when she next watches Rafa play..

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:59 pm

Good quote from the daily mail: "Ms Sears was also facing a tennis WAG-off against Tomas Berdych's tanned model partner Ester Satorova"

Independent: "It has been observed that Ms Sears' behaviour off the court matches her partner's on it" Clever use of the passive voice there.

It's a full house now, isn't it?

Uncle Toni coaching from the stands.
Djokovic parent shouting something out casuing Federer "shut up" comment.
Loud mouth Murray fiancee.
Mirka incident against Stan.

Of course it would be childish of me to debate which was the worse incident. And in any case it was clearly Mirka.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:06 pm

The only difference is that Rafa had 20.000 dollar fine for Tony's big mouth !!!! he was penalised!!!!¡!!

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:05 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:The only difference is that Rafa had 20.000 dollar fine for Tony's big mouth !!!!  he was penalised!!!!¡!!
In fairness, he was the only one cheating.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:16 pm

How can he be answerable for what Tony does that is so bloody cynical
Honestly the times I hear that he was cheating
JC Mirka yelling at Stan when he could well have won that match is NOT cheating then? Well no of course not Fed cheat God forbid!!!!!!!!

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:52 pm

hawkeye wrote:
Calder106 wrote:Can the OP please explain why she thinks that the Rome match with Delpo can be related to prove her title. Delpo made a remark about Judy Murray while he and Andy were having a spat. Judy was not involved at all. So how does that prove thy are all the same.

Did you watch the video of the Rome match I linked in my article? The "spat" you refereed to was Murray Whinging to the umpire because he said Del Potro had hit a volley at him. As we all know it is legitimate play to hit a volley at an opponent at the net and sometime it is the best play tactically. Of course Murray must have known this also and so did the Umpire and Del Potro. Despite this Murray continued whinging for ages and eventually Del Potro retorted "You and your Mother are both the same". Perhaps the same at whinging? Murray's fiancee swore at Berdych. Just like Murray was aggressive  towards Berdych's team.

Berdych's level dropped considerably after the first set. Of course this could have happened anyway but I suspect intimidation played a part.

All this and you didn't see the match.

picard picard

All you wums are the same

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:09 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:How can he be answerable for what Tony does that is so bloody cynical
I am fairly sure that is how the rules look at it - i.e., that he is answerable for what his coach does.

Haddie-nuff wrote:Mirka yelling at Stan when he could well have won that match is NOT cheating then?
My understanding is that indeed this is not considered cheating by the rules.  That said, I have to admit that I am not 100% on the rules in this regard.  Do you know for a fact that this is classified as cheating or is it just that you would like it to be so?

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:35 pm

Saying that Rafa isn't responsible for Toni is akin to saying Manchester United aren't responsible for the actions of their manager. Toni is part of Rafa's coaching team not some random member of the crowd.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next